PDA

View Full Version : I'm Informing THOUSANDS of Supporters about the Tea Party. What are YOU Doing?

mport1
12-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Guys, I have a REALLY simple plan if you want to directly reach over 53,000 Ron Paul supporters about the Tea Party. Here is a very easy way we can get this done, but people need to help out:

1. Create a new Facebook account and use some RP photo for your picture (takes about 1 minute)

2. Join the Ron Paul Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2229718737

3. Add the Tea Party to your events: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9455225866

4. Go to the members of Ron Paul's Facebook Group and friend as many as you can until Facebook tells you to "slow down." You can friend over 1,000 and then come back in 24 hours and do it again.

5. Check back later and invite every one of your new friends to the Tea Party event from the link I gave above including a short message in the invite with the site's address.

This can be done once a day or you can create multiple accounts (just use gmail or something for the email addresses). At this point time is not an option, so create a few accounts. The event will show up on their Facebook when the date nears as a reminder.

Instead of talking about the Tea Party, lets DO SOMETHING to make sure it is a success! We can talk about it once its over.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Okay, but somehow we have to do this orderly, so we don't end up spamming the same people, over and over again.

Suggestions?

mport1
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
A couple of filters I was using when adding these people since there is a one day limit on it:

-Don't friend people with RP profile pics (I'm sure they already know about it).
-Don't friend people in high school. No offense to highschooler's but it is likely that these people might not have as much money as college students or alums and there is the chance they aren't old enough to vote so you want to get RP voters more active.
-Don't friend people with question mark profiles who might have that because they don't check their accounts often.

Please ask me if you have any questions about how this works.

speciallyblend
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
mport thanks alot for your work,im at work for the next 16hrs but your hard work and others,gets me motivated when im offwork;)

Derek Johnson
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm calling every syndicated and local talk radio show I can get through on. And no, I am not telling the screener what I am up to. I'll just have to be creative in attaching the Tea Party and Ron Paul blimp to Michael Vick drama [or whatever].

Join me!

mport1
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Okay, but somehow we have to do this orderly, so we don't end up spamming the same people, over and over again.

Suggestions?

I am not a programmer so I have nothing set up to do this and unfortunately Facebook randomly lists group members so we can't split up pages or anything.

The thing is this really isn't a concern. Worst thing that will happen is some Ron Paul supporters get friended by a couple of Ron Paul profiles. The site makes it so that you cannot invite somebody to an event or a group once they have already been invited so we will not be spamming them with multiple invites.

There could be some overlap in people being friended more than once but I think the benefits of this will FAR outweigh the handful of people that might be irritated at being friended by RP supporters. I mean these guys already support Ron.

johngr
12-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I think I'm going to get recursive on your ass with this statement: I'm laying a guilt trip on all the people reading this thread. What are YOU Doing?"

FireofLiberty
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
The other day I wrote a bunch of people in key primary states and included in each letter a message about the Tea Party and a bag of tea.

Austin
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
A couple of filters I was using when adding these people since there is a one day limit on it:

-Don't friend people with RP profile pics (I'm sure they already know about it).
-Don't friend people in high school. No offense to highschooler's but it is likely that these people might not have as much money as college students or alums and there is the chance they aren't old enough to vote so you want to get RP voters more active.
-Don't friend people with question mark profiles who might have that because they don't check their accounts often.

Please ask me if you have any questions about how this works.
Not always true. I'm a highschooler, and I don't even have a job. I will be donating $30-$100 on Tea Party.

Even if they can't donate much, they will count as a new donor.

mport1
12-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Not always true. I'm a highschooler, and I don't even have a job. I will be donating $30-$100 on Tea Party.

Even if they can't donate much, they will count as a new donor.

Indeed. It isn't always true. But I think it is always better to shoot for somebody who has a higher probability of contributing more and voting. Especially when there are graduates on there that most likely have real jobs and thus could contribute more.

Austin
12-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Indeed. It isn't always true. But I think it is always better to shoot for somebody who has a higher probability of contributing more and voting. Especially when there are graduates on there that most likely have real jobs and thus could contribute more.

I can see where you are coming from, and if there aren't many people doing what is suggested, then certainly one should limited him or herself to focusing on those more likely to donate. However, if many people are participating, then 10 seconds on someone that has a lower chance of donating is still very worth it.

In short, I agree.

mport1
12-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I think I'm going to get recursive on your ass with this statement: I'm laying a guilt trip on all the people reading this thread. What are YOU Doing?"

Yes, I realize it is a dick move to guilt trip people like I did, but my previous attempts at asking getting people to involved with this didn't yield much of a response. If it takes me being a dick and guilting more people into helping out, I'm alright with that.

vinwal
12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi everybody, I recently started a chipin for help to pay for the USA Today full page Ron Paul ad to be run in a local newspaper with circulation of approx 250,000 (The Press of Atlantic City). The cost is $7,750. I am going to run this ad the day before the Tea Party. There was some questioning about legality and needing a PAC (Political Action Committee). I am paying for the USA TODAY full page Ron Paul ad on my own to avoid the PAC issue. However I, like most people, cannot really afford to do this and will be putting it on a credit card. This has caused quite a bit of strife at my home as I am the sole provider for my family of 6. Christmas is going to be VERY bleak this year and alot of bills are going to be overdue for some time. Please help me to give my family and friends a decent Christmas, as well as being able to pay my household bills. Thank you in advance and God Bless one and all, especially Dr. Paul and his family.................Vince

http://fullpageronpaulad.chipin.com/christmas

mport1
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Another benefit of this project is that when important events or projects happen in the future, you can use your buddy lists of Ron Paul friends to inform them directly in less than a minute. Maybe something like reminding them to check their primary schedules and vote.

theantirobot
12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm making videos and art to further inspire and energize the supporters we already have.

1913_to_2008
12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
WHAT AM I DOING FOR THE TEA PARTY?

I've been copy and pasting information under music videos. Particularly dope smoking type music. Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, The Doors, you get the picture. I let them know about Dr. Paul's stance on Marijuana and try to lure them to his message. I also let them know about the tea party and tell them how they can be part of it. I also encourage them to help me by copying and pasting.

mport1
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
WHAT AM I DOING FOR THE TEA PARTY?

I've been copy and pasting information under music videos. Particularly dope smoking type music. Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, The Doors, you get the picture. I let them know about Dr. Paul's stance on Marijuana and try to lure them to his message. I also let them know about the tea party and tell them how they can be part of it. I also encourage them to help me by copying and pasting.

A very good idea. We really need to make sure the legalization crowd is with us.

mport1
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
bump

vinwal
12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
bump

boondoggle
12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Someone needs to be a friend with ALL the people who are friends with Ron Paul. This should be on Facebook, Myspace . . . Whatever . . . Then this wouldn't even be a struggle to get the 90,000+ people and it'd be as simple as posting one bulletin.

. . . Righto? Pip pip.

mport1
12-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Someone needs to be a friend with ALL the people who are friends with Ron Paul. This should be on Facebook, Myspace . . . Whatever . . . Then this wouldn't even be a struggle to get the 90,000+ people and it'd be as simple as posting one bulletin.

. . . Righto? Pip pip.

That would be great if somebody could figure out how to do it quickly and effectively.

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I like the idea as long as those sites wouldn't scramble the names every time you change a page.

Plus, you would need to REQUEST that all those people became your friend. That could take months. By then he would have twice as many friends.

But if someone can let me know how to do this, I am happy to.

mport1
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I like the idea as long as those sites wouldn't scramble the names every time you change a page.

Plus, you would need to REQUEST that all those people became your friend. That could take months. By then he would have twice as many friends.

But if someone can let me know how to do this, I am happy to.

It does scramble the names, although not every time you change a page.

boondoggle
12-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Blimp

newmedia4ron
12-14-2007, 07:20 PM
bump

newmedia4ron
12-14-2007, 08:10 PM
time is running out
email everyone you know now

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
We have ONE DAY REMAINING until the Tea Party! We must keep spreading the word!

Liberty Star
12-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Guys, I have a REALLY simple plan if you want to directly reach over 53,000 Ron Paul supporters about the Tea Party. Here is a very easy way we can get this done, but people need to help out:

1. Create a new Facebook account and use some RP photo for your picture (takes about 1 minute)

2. Join the Ron Paul Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2229718737

3. Add the Tea Party to your events: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9455225866

4. Go to the members of Ron Paul's Facebook Group and friend as many as you can until Facebook tells you to "slow down." You can friend over 1,000 and then come back in 24 hours and do it again.

5. Check back later and invite every one of your new friends to the Tea Party event from the link I gave above including a short message in the invite with the site's address.

This can be done once a day or you can create multiple accounts (just use gmail or something for the email addresses). At this point time is not an option, so create a few accounts. The event will show up on their Facebook when the date nears as a reminder.

Instead of talking about the Tea Party, lets DO SOMETHING to make sure it is a success! We can talk about it once its over.

I was just taking a break :)

And great job, you are way ahead!!

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM

mport1
12-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm spending all day doing this. Hopefully getting to over 10,000 people.

mport1
12-15-2007, 02:55 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Keep spreading the word about the Tea Party!