PDA

View Full Version : Trump's new US Treasurer is a Board Member of National Council of La Raza

devil21
11-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Spread it around and watch the fireworks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovita_Carranza

Jovita Carranza is the 44th Treasurer of the United States after being appointed by President Donald Trump.

A committed and active community leader, Jovita serves on the boards of United Way, National Center for Family Literacy, National Council of La Raza, SCORE, Alverno College and the American Cancer Society Corporate Advisory Council.

Can someone tell me why the Treasurer is almost always hispanic? It's bizarre.

----------------------------------

Related:
Is the new currency, since Mnuchin became SecTreas, official currency? He didn't sign it!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/mnuchin-signature-1-bills-registers-odd-bronx-pol-article-1.3637521

Mnuchin’s unorthodox penmanship puzzled Dinowitz — who has introduced a bill in Albany that would make writing in script a fundamental part of New York schoolkids’ education.

“When you see the Treasury Secretary printing his name when he’s supposed to be signing it struck me as odd,” Dinowitz told the Daily News. “I don’t want to start anything, but is the money really official if he didn’t technically sign it?”

Interesting question since a dollar bill is an official financial debt instrument (contract) and to be legal it must be signed by two of the three parties involved in administering the financial trust that the bill was issued from.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3637519.1510852220!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/aptopix-mnuchin-currency.jpg

Is wife Linton trying to look like she's a thief? Seems so.

dannno
11-20-2017, 02:22 PM

Maybe there are no white people willing to do the job.

Zippyjuan
11-20-2017, 02:29 PM
I see she worked her was up from being a part-time box handler at UPS to being their Vice President.

Career
In the mid 1970s, Carranza's first post at UPS was a part-time, night-shift box handler. She worked her way up to vice president managing domestic operations and president of international operations for Latin America and the Caribbean. When she left UPS, she served as vice president of air operations for UPS at its facility in Louisville, Ky. and was the highest-ranking Latina in UPS history.

Later, she was appointed by President George W. Bush as Deputy Administrator for the Small Business Administration. She served on that position from 2006-2009. As Deputy Administrator, she helped to manage an agency with more than 80 field offices across the country and a portfolio of direct and guaranteed business loans, venture capital investments and disaster loans worth almost $80 billion. In an effort to improve customer response, Carranza led key operational improvement initiatives and projects.[4][5][6][7]

Currently, Jovita Carranza is the founder and president of The JCR Group, a consulting firm serving corporations and NGOs on issues of business development and profit and loss management.

Carranza, is also a lecturer, columnist and commentator on political and business issues. Her articles have appeared in TownHall.com and other publications. She has lectured at Johns Hopkins University in Washington [8][9]

In 2014, she joined the “Women for Rauner” campaign in Illinois promoting the Bruce Rauner and Evelyn Sanguinetti ticket.[10]

Swordsmyth
11-20-2017, 02:31 PM
I see she worked her was up from being a part-time box handler at UPS to being their Vice President.

So what?

La Raza is the Mexican KKK.

Zippyjuan
11-20-2017, 02:33 PM
So what?

La Raza is the Mexican KKK.

They want to get rid of blacks too?

Swordsmyth
11-20-2017, 02:33 PM
They want to get rid of blacks too?

And whites.

Zippyjuan
11-20-2017, 02:34 PM
And whites.

Link? (there are actually several groups which call themselves "La Raza")

Raginfridus
11-20-2017, 02:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXZWxLSUyg4

keeping it gangsta? lol

devil21
11-20-2017, 02:44 PM
The US Treasurer is the trustee (aka owner and fiduciary) of the national wealth of the American taxpayer/citizen. The Secretary of Treasury is the executor (aka director) of the trust. You are the beneficiary (end user, subject to whims of Secretary as executor) of the trust. So, in short, a La Raza board member is the owner of the money collected from taxpayers for use by the US corporate government.

eta: It's been reported that the United States Inc. (corporation posing as the government) is financially based in Puerto Rico, hence why it's always a hispanic Treasurer.

Zippyjuan
11-20-2017, 02:55 PM
The US Treasurer is the trustee (aka owner and fiduciary) of the national wealth of the American taxpayer/citizen. The Secretary of Treasury is the executor (aka director) of the trust. You are the beneficiary (end user, subject to whims of Secretary as executor) of the trust. So, in short, a La Raza board member is the owner of the money collected from taxpayers for the use by the US corporate government.

The Treasurer is different from the Secretary of the Treasury which is a cabinet position currently held by Steve Mnuchin.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/offices/Pages/Office-of-the-Treasurer.aspx

The Treasurer of the United States has direct oversight over the U.S. Mint, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and Fort Knox and is a key liaison with the Federal Reserve. In addition, the Treasurer serves as a senior advisor to the Secretary in the areas of community development and public engagement.

A woman has had the job since Harry Truman was president. She has had the job since April. You only just learned it?

devil21
11-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Yes, Zippy, in the quoted post I explained that the US Treasurer is different than the Secretary of the Treasury and I even explained how.

Zippyjuan
11-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Yes, Zippy, in the quoted post I explained that the US Treasurer is different than the Secretary of the Treasury and I even explained how.

The Treasurer is not responsible for handling all the money collected in taxes or spent by the government- that is the Secretary of the Treasury.

So, in short, a La Raza board member is the owner of the money collected from taxpayers for the use by the US corporate government.

is a false statement. That job is still in the control of white males.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/08/why-all-of-the-us-treasurers-since-1949-have-been-women/376004/

Of course, the U.S. treasurer is a much more ceremonial job than the powerful position of treasury secretary—a role that has only ever been held by (white) men, currently by Jack Lew (of meme-worthy signature fame). The current treasurer Rosa Gumataotao Rios, the sixth Latina ever to hold the job, advises top Treasury and finance officials and directly oversees the U.S. Mint and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. But Rios cannot create policy the way Lew or Yellen can, nor is her job as crucial to the functioning of the administration as theirs is. Ever since a woman was first appointed, the treasurer position has seen long stretches of vacancies—totaling 3,359 days, or nine years.

It is a good place to put a token woman or Latina so you can promote a diverse staff. It doesn't have any real powers.

Still, according to Alice Eagly, a social psychologist at Northwestern University who studies women and leadership, part of the decision to choose women and minorities for the treasurer position can boil down to “optics.” Eagly notes that it’s easier for presidents to actively engineer diversity with less-scrutinized positions like treasurer, compared with, say, Yellen’s job (for which Yellen wasn’t even the first pick).

oyarde
11-20-2017, 03:15 PM
So my Pesos should be worth more ?

devil21
11-20-2017, 03:39 PM
The Treasurer is not responsible for handling all the money collected in taxes or spent by the government- that is the Secretary of the Treasury.

Did you go to high school Zip? Do you remember the job of the Class Treasurer? Treasurer is the fiduciary custodian (trustee) of the moneys raised by the class, to be spent at the direction of the rest of the class officers. Not sure why you think the Class Treasurer and the US Treasurer have materially different jobs.

is a false statement.

No, it isn't. Trustees are legal owners of the contents of trusts. They are required by law to operate a trust in the best interest of the beneficiaries, however. The whole point of putting property/money in trust is so that the beneficiaries do not have legal title and control, nor the liabilities of title or control. You should read up on how trusts work.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/08/why-all-of-the-us-treasurers-since-1949-have-been-women/376004/

It is a good place to put a token woman or Latina so you can promote a diverse staff. It doesn't have any real powers.

A token La Raza board member even? But no, the trustee of a trust, which is what the US Treasurer is, has real powers. Whether the US Treasurer, in this particular example, exercises the powers of trustee is unknown.

Zippyjuan
11-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Class Treasurer is not the same as the US Treasurer. The US Treasurer is basically in charge of the mint- the physical printing and storing of money. That and public relations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasurer_of_the_United_States

The Treasurer of the United States is an official in the United States Department of the Treasury who was originally charged with the receipt and custody of government funds, though many of these functions have been taken over by different bureaus of the Department. Responsibility for oversight of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, the United States Mint, and the United States Savings Bonds Division (now the Savings Bond Marketing Office within the Bureau of the Public Debt) was assigned to the Treasurer in 1981. As of 2002 the Office of the Treasurer underwent a major reorganization. The Treasurer now advises the Director of the Mint, the Director of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, the Deputy Secretary and the Secretary of the Treasury on matters relating to coinage, currency and the production of other instruments by the United States.[1]

The Treasurer's signature, as well as the Treasury Secretary's, appear on Federal Reserve Notes.

devil21
11-20-2017, 03:53 PM
The rabbit hole is deeeeeeep. Trusts are behind everything. Thanks for the extra attention to the thread and the confirmation that I'm over the target, Zip.

Now, back to the fun topic of Trump appointing La Raza as US Treasurer and Mnuchin not signing the new currency with his signature, thus making it fake currency.

Suzanimal
11-20-2017, 06:04 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3637519.1510852220!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/aptopix-mnuchin-currency.jpg

Is wife Linton trying to look like she's a thief? Seems so.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Sunday said he takes as a compliment suggestions that he and his wife looked like James Bond baddies after a cringe-worthy photo surfaced showing the couple posing with a sheet of newly printed $1 bills.

“I never thought I’d be quoted as looking like villains from James Bond. I guess I should take that as a compliment that I look like a villain in a great, successful James Bond movie,” Mnuchin said on “Fox News Sunday.”

The photo showed Mnuchin and his wife Louise Linton, wearing black leather gloves and a black trench coat, holding up the sheet of currency – the first with his signature – during a visit last week to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington.

In the money shot, Linton stares directly at the camera, while her husband looks off in the distance.

The two were roundly mocked for their villainous poses with the cash, with many online users comparing the couple to Bond heavies.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/19/mnuchin-says-hes-flattered-by-comparisons-to-bond-villain/

Raginfridus
11-20-2017, 06:34 PM
That job is still in the control of white males.
Hispanics and latinos are caucasian. Some are even men.