PDA

View Full Version : Professors: It's Not Okay To Be White

Swordsmyth
11-13-2017, 05:38 PM
“Can my children be friends with white people?”
This bizarre question is the basis of a New York Times op-ed published Sunday (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opinion/sunday/interracial-friendship-donald-trump.html), and the author answers it with a “no,” albeit with some exceptions.

“History has provided little reason for people of color to trust white people in this way [of genuine friendship], and these recent months have put in the starkest relief the contempt with which the country measures the value of racial minorities,” writes Ekow N. Yankah, a law professor at Yeshiva University.

According to Yankah, examples of white “contempt” for racial minorities in recent months include concerns over the opioid epidemic, worries over rising unemployment among working-class whites, and criticism of NFL players kneeling for the anthem. Apparently those issues receive far more attention than the woes of African-Americans, thus revealing the secret disdain whites have for non-whites.
With that conclusion assumed, Yankah declares the lesson he will teach his kids.

“As against our gauzy national hopes, I will teach my boys to have profound doubts that friendship with white people is possible,” the law professor argues.

“When they ask, I will teach my sons that their beautiful hue is a fault line. Spare me platitudes of how we are all the same on the inside. I first have to keep my boys safe, and so I will teach them before the world shows them this particular brand of rending, violent, often fatal betrayal.”
Throughout the article, Yankah bases this pessimistic attitude not on personal experience — he says his childhood hometown was remarkably free of racial tension — but on Donald Trump being president and the violence in Charlottesville.
A large number of white people voting for Trump is the final push in giving up on Caucasians.

“Of course, the rise of this president has broken bonds on all sides. But for people of color the stakes are different. Imagining we can now be friends across this political line is asking us to ignore our safety and that of our children, to abandon personal regard and self-worth,” the professor asserts.

“Only white people can cordon off Mr. Trump’s political meaning, ignore the “unpleasantness” from a position of safety. His election and the year that has followed have fixed the awful thought in my mind too familiar to black Americans: ‘You can’t trust these people.”
He also attacks liberals who don’t protest enough or dare to criticize the excesses of racial activism as marked off from friendship.
While Yankah sounds exceptionally grim in his article on interracial friendship, he admits near the end that he has still lots of white friends and his biracial wife passes as Caucasian. Those facts undermine the seriousness of Yankah’s argument, but his intention is clearly not advocating for the total forsaking of interracial friendship.
It’s just another article attempting to shame whites for being, well, white. Yankah counts on The New York Times’ liberal audience to sympathize with his argument and ask themselves what more can they do for radicals like this law professor.
Voting for Democrats isn’t enough. Being a good neighbor to non-whites isn’t enough. Showing no sign of racism isn’t enough.
You must use all your time and energy protesting Trump and advocating for the Black Lives Matter agenda in order to earn trust from non-whites. Otherwise, you’re in the same league as those irredeemable Trump voters.
The deeper meaning of Yankah’s article is that whiteness is itself the 21st century’s Mark of Cain. Bearing that skin color means one is born with the taint of sin from historical injustices and present election outcomes.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-13/professors-its-not-okay-be-white

Danke
11-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Yeshiva University is a private, non-profit Jewish research university located in New York City, United States, with four campuses in New York City

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-13-2017, 06:02 PM
I can't wait for the annual White Privilege Conference (https://www.whiteprivilegeconference.com/)next April. My self-loathing is not up to par lately.

oyarde
11-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Yeshiva University is a private, non-profit Jewish research university located in New York City, United States, with four campuses in New York City

Operating four campuses in NYC sounds expensive for a " non profit" that probably is not getting money from people who are not white ?

dannno
11-13-2017, 06:23 PM
"If there's too many white people I get nervous"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRfnevzM9kQ

donnay
11-13-2017, 06:35 PM
We need to turn this around and start a campaign: "Being Politically Correct is not Okay! BUG OFF"

“Political correctness is tyranny with manners.”
~ Charlton Heston

Anti Federalist
11-13-2017, 06:43 PM
“As against our gauzy national hopes, I will teach my boys to have profound doubts that friendship with white people is possible,”

“When they ask, I will teach my sons that their beautiful hue is a fault line. Spare me platitudes of how we are all the same on the inside. I first have to keep my boys safe, and so I will teach them before the world shows them this particular brand of rending, violent, often fatal betrayal.”

Good.

Since white people are, statistically, much much much more likely to be a victim of violent crime at the hands of a "person of color", keeping your distance from me is welcomed, and I heartily endorse it.

fedupinmo
11-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Coulda had Liberia...
Also, white people apparently are the only ones standing in the way of the destruction of American culture somehow according to the professor... mebbe we need more diversity on the American side... :toady:

phill4paul
11-13-2017, 06:46 PM
History has provided little reason for people of color to trust white people in this way [of genuine friendship]

Sounds like racism to me. But, since I identify as white, male and cisgendered, what do I know?

tod evans
11-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Sounds like racism to me. But, since I identify as white, male and cisgendered, what do I know?

As a gray-beard I'm comfortable saying that I don't trust and don't want to befriend college professors.

Raginfridus
11-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Yeshiva University is a private, non-profit Jewish research university located in New York City, United States, with four campuses in New York CityHe takes pictures with token (upper class) white friends:

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FCqP_exeXY AAaJsM.jpg&f=1

You low class negroes? You can't have white friends.

phill4paul
11-13-2017, 07:23 PM
As a gray-beard I'm comfortable saying that I don't trust and don't want to befriend college professors.

I've only ever cared for one. He didn't have any political affiliation. Part-Owner in one of the biggest advertising agencies in Atlanta. Volunteered at Art Institute of Atlanta. I think he did it as a write-off and as a way to skim the top students. Didn't befriend him but he was a good mentor.

otherone
11-13-2017, 08:25 PM
goodness you folks are reacting just as the provocateur intends.

Origanalist
11-13-2017, 08:32 PM
It's ok. I conducted a poll and it turns out it's ok to be white after all.

Raginfridus
11-13-2017, 08:34 PM
When he sees my post, he shall react just as I planned.

https://m.popkey.co/9636c3/Y9Wqy.gif

euphemia
11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
These idiot people are just beyond the pale. I look like a fat little blond, blue-eyed grandma, but the 6% of me that is something else would have a few choice words for these chuckleheads. I've been DNA tested, and I guess that's enough proof.

Wooden Indian
11-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Well... he's right. It's not okay....

IT'S FRICKING AWESOME is what it is!

phill4paul
11-13-2017, 10:20 PM

I prefer Dukes over Hellmans on sandwiches.

AZJoe
11-14-2017, 03:42 AM
Can't a person be any race they want to? Don't professors respect transracial identity?

After all, a biological man can be a woman and vice versa or even multiple sexes just by proclaiming it. Having free choice of whichever bathroom, showers, locker rooms, classification, enrollments, men competing and totally dominating female sports just by saying so.

By the exact same analysis, shouldn't a person be able to choose whichever race they wish to identify as? Shouldn't the universities honor it and force other to as well?
Biological Asians and whites should be able to compete and receive all Latino and black scholarships and programs simply by proclaiming they self-identify as such, and vice versa. Marking census data, enrollment classification, and applications, and employment forms in whatever racial classification they choose without and negative consequences.

transracial (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?516775-Transracial-man-born-white-says-he-feels-Filipino)

AZJoe
11-14-2017, 06:10 AM
UMass Orders Lucian Wintrich: Change Title of “It’s OK to Be White” Speech, Or It Will Be Banned (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/umass-boston-gateway-pundits-lucian-wintrich-change-title-speech-will-banned-campus/)

In other words, Be censored or else be censored.

"The current title is a subtle dig at identity politics ... It’s these types of constant jabs at white people that leads to memes like “It Is OK to Be White” coming into existence.

Wintrich’s title comes from a shared and slightly tongue-in-cheek phrase floating around ...

“It’s humorous but highly frustrating that UMass Boston just PROVED the meme I was using for this speech,” Wintrich commented, “To think that they would take issue with a title as laughably mundane as ‘It Is OK to Be White’ is indicative, I think, of a larger problem within America, it’s the ‘systematic oppression’ of anything that does not negatively reference and bash white people on university campuses. Ironically, the speech I’ve been working on deals in part with university and media censorship of concepts and ideas.” ...

“I’ll capitulate to this demand and change the title; the content of the speech is more important than a meme reference. On the brighter side, this gives me a great new introduction for the speech.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/UMASS-FLYER-1-397x600.jpg

nobody's_hero
11-14-2017, 07:12 AM
Good.

Since white people are, statistically, much much much more likely to be a victim of violent crime at the hands of a "person of color", keeping your distance from me is welcomed, and I heartily endorse it.

That still pales in comparison to the likelihood of black people being victims of violent crime at the hands of a "person of color."

A poignant question would be:

Can "people of color" be friends with "people of color"?

But you will never hear them ask that, because people would quickly realize that it's not really the white man keeping the black man down anymore.

Swordsmyth
11-15-2017, 02:03 AM
Can My Children Be Friends With White People? - Rebutted! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?516821-Can-My-Children-Be-Friends-With-White-People-Rebutted!)