PDA

View Full Version : GOP debate on TV tomorrow

colecrowe
12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Tomorrow, Wednesday, December 12
broadcast live at 2 p.m. EST on Iowa Public Television, CNN, C-SPAN3, Fox News Channel, C-SPAN Radio and Fox News Radio.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22202301/

DES MOINES, Iowa - It's crunch time. Nine Republican and six Democratic candidates will meet this week in their final debates before the lead off Iowa caucuses, and lively exchanges are all but certain.

The back-to-back debates - Republicans on Wednesday, Democrats on Thursday - come as both races in Iowa are toss-ups with just three weeks left before the voting begins.

Rudy Giuliani, the ex-mayor of New York, and Arizona Sen. John McCain aren't playing as aggressively as the others in the state, but will debate nonetheless. Republican congressmen Ron Paul of Texas, Tom Tancredo of Colorado and Duncan Hunter of California, and commentator Alan Keyes also said they will participate.

Sponsored by Iowa Public Television and The Des Moines Register, the two debates will be held in Johnston, Iowa, and broadcast live at 2 p.m. EST on Iowa Public Television, CNN, C-SPAN3, Fox News Channel, C-SPAN Radio and Fox News Radio.

Richie
12-11-2007, 03:18 PM
2 PM? No wonder I couldn't find it on our DirectTV receiver. Will it be rebroadcast?

FireofLiberty
12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Urgh, Keyes. That means Ron will get less time to talk. I hate to say it, but I wish they used the scrapped Fox debate rules for this where Ron would have had high enough poll numbers to get in but Keyes, Hunter and probably Tancredo wouldn't have.

Voluntaryist
12-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Why at 2pm? Thats 11am Pacific. I will be at work and unable to watch/listen. No streaming media allowed at my office :(

Richie
12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Why at 2pm? Thats 11am Pacific. I will be at work and unable to watch/listen. No streaming media allowed at my office :(

The video will probably be available over @ the CSpan website. Don't they archive everything?

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
"Governor Huckabee -- do you believe in God?"

"Next question for Ron Paul . . . Congressman Paul, why is it you support Al Qaeda more than you support the American military men & women? Is it because of all the Afghan opium bin Laden sends you through your trade networks in communist Cuba?"

Goldwater Conservative
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
No Kucinich in the Dem debate? They get staler and staler.

And something tells me the decision to include Alan Keyes is a way to marginalize Paul. I doubt there will be debates when Paul is one of only four or five candidates left.

Vendico
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
So, can we like contact them NOW and demand they ask Paul more questions?