PDA

View Full Version : Campaign commercials

Elwar
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Ok, I've seen a lot of silly rips on the campaign about their commercials, pointing to YouTube commercials that would be better...

Do you people realize the concept of copyright and how the campaign cannot use good songs or good TV clips to get their point across. It all has to be created from the ground up.

Try doing a YouTube commercial without any clips and no copyrighted music...let us know how well that goes.

coboman
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Try making a commercial with 10+ million dollars cash on hand, and let us know how well that goes.

dirka
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Try making a commercial with 10+ million dollars cash on hand, and let us know how well that goes.

I second that, I'm sure John Fogerty needs the cash badly, so pay him off for his song in the one awesome commercial I have seen.

rory096
12-11-2007, 03:18 PM
www.operationnh.com has commercials that are produced by supporters that don't contain any IP that they don't own, and they're waaay better than the campaign's commercials. The campaign certainly has the ability to make better commercials, but if they don't, they should still use the good ones that supporters have made.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 03:19 PM

What makes you think they have 10 million dollars cash on hand? They've been spending that opening new offices, buying radio and TV ads, etc. I do agree that they need to improve on their TV ads though.

JeffersonThomas
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
they just put out a new Radio out on abolishing the IRS and I thought it was pretty good. My props to the campaign...and I'm sending them more money on the 16th :)

constitutional
12-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, I've seen a lot of silly rips on the campaign about their commercials, pointing to YouTube commercials that would be better...

Do you people realize the concept of copyright and how the campaign cannot use good songs or good TV clips to get their point across. It all has to be created from the ground up.

Try doing a YouTube commercial without any clips and no copyrighted music...let us know how well that goes.

BLOODY HELL, what inspired you to open a can of worms?!!! :mad:

coboman
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
... They've been spending that opening new offices, buying radio and TV ads, etc. ...

Yes. More than 2.8 million dollars a month for headquarters that didn't have telephone lines until a week ago. And that, so far, not even the hardcore Ron Paul supporters know what they are doing.

Millions of dollars airing second rated ads, without changing them. People are not only not convinced by these ads, they are mocking them.

And millions more in god knows what, because It is certainly nothing relevant.

In the meantime, Huckabee with less than a third of the money, has commercials with great production value, ingenious and funny.

Giuliani, with more or less the same money, has highly creative commercials with even animations in them.

We, at the grassroots, have commercials like Jeremiah Black's, and operationNH, that have been done for far less than 30 grand.

FreedomLover
12-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes. More than 2.8 million dollars a month for headquarters that didn't have telephone lines until a week ago. And that, so far, not even the hardcore Ron Paul supporters know what they are doing.

Millions of dollars airing second rated ads, without changing them. People are not only not convinced by these ads, they are mocking them.

The only people I've ever seen mock any of the ads are some really hardcore ron paul supporters

Elwar
12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
BLOODY HELL, what inspired you to open a can of worms?!!! :mad:

A thread about how the campaign should use an edited budweiser commercial.