PDA

View Full Version : First Family of the CIA is Aghast that Trump is destroying the Puppet GOP

AuH20
11-04-2017, 09:34 AM
The cat is out of the bag. Forces much more potent than the myopic Donald Trump have been released and will be exponentially growing within the boundaries of the American consciousness. The long held misconception that the political left & right is diametrically opposed to each other is becoming a fleeting fable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/us/politics/bush-president-book-trump.html

“At the time, I think he was concerned that Hillary Clinton would win,” Mr. Updegrove, the author of several books on the presidency, said in an interview. “But if you look at his values and those shared by his father and Ronald Reagan, they are very much in contrast to the values of the Republican Party today, in particular the platform that Donald Trump ran on, which is essentially protectionism and a certain xenophobia.”

In discussing Mr. Trump, the elder president was blunter. “I don’t like him,” Mr. Bush said in May 2016. “I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a blowhard. And I’m not too excited about him being a leader.” Rather than being motivated by public service, Mr. Bush said Mr. Trump seemed to be driven by “a certain ego.”

The younger Mr. Bush was more circumspect, but also clearly disapproving. The Bushes felt stung by Mr. Trump’s ground-burning attacks that helped destroy the campaign of Jeb Bush, the son and brother of the presidents.

“You can either exploit the anger, incite it,” George W. Bush told Mr. Updegrove, “or you can come up with ideas to deal with it.” Jeb, he said, came up with solutions, “but it didn’t fit with the mood.”

“If you’re angry with the powers that be,” he added, “you’re angry with the so-called establishment, and there’s nothing more established than having a father and brother that have been president.”

kahless
11-04-2017, 09:38 AM
And both worry that Mr. Trump has blown up a Republican Party that they spent two lifetimes building, a party that was once committed to removing boundaries to trade and immigration, promoting democracy and civil society and asserting a robust American leadership role in the world, according to an author who has interviewed them.

https://i.imgur.com/uvFkpkz.gif

Raginfridus
11-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Mr Trump didn't do that.

AuH20
11-04-2017, 09:50 AM
CIA Dark Lord offers more criticism of Trump:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/04/politics/the-last-republicans-bush-book/index.html?sr=twCNN110417the-last-republicans-bush-book1050AMVODtop

Former President George H.W. Bush has a blunt assessment of Donald Trump: "He's a blowhard." And his son, former President George W. Bush, has harsh words for his Republican successor as well: "This guy doesn't know what it means to be president."

"If you look at the Bush family, it makes perfect sense. Donald Trump is everything that the Bush family is not," Updegrove told CNN's Jamie Gangel. "George Bush grew up thinking about the greater good. Donald Trump is manifestly narcissistic. It's part of his brand. And that brand is the antithesis of the Bush brand."

They may have Trump under their thumb with their various personnel gatekeepers, but it's absolutely gratifying to hear the heartache from Senior, knowing that the common folk despise him and his family. The most satisfying election season of recent memory continues to offer bountiful rewards long after it's completion.

enhanced_deficit
11-04-2017, 10:20 AM
This has JEB written all over it.

“I don’t like him,” the elder Bush says in the book. “I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a blowhard. And I’m not too excited about him being a leader.”

The Bush family is still stinging from Trump’s criticism of Jeb Bush, whom Trump relentlessly hammered — and defeated — in last year’s GOP primary.

Could Trump people have known about this book was coming and this was pre-emptive strike ?

Actress Alleges GHWB Sexually Assaulted Her From Wheelchair (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?516220-Actress-Alleges-GHWB-Sexually-Assaulted-Her-From-Wheelchair&)

Won't be too surprised if Trump people deployed Kanye "George Bush doesn't care for black people" West next to address latest attack from Bush family.