PDA

View Full Version : George Washington’s Virginia church taking down his memorial

natsuxdragoneel
11-02-2017, 01:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sACwIHUxAic

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-02-2017, 03:04 AM
Excerpts from the man speaking in the video:

On the Civil War: "Does it make sense to you that one group of white folks wanted to kill the other group of white folks just to free your black ass?"

"Let's reverse it. Say it was blacks, and whites was enslaved. You think some blacks are going to go from up north, go down south, to fight to free some white folks? Of course not!"

"The north was taxing--with tariffs--the south."

"Say if blacks were just working and getting paid. That Civil War still would have happened."

Regarding the plaques and statues: "Keep it up there! I want a reminder! [laughs]...Them white folks is smart. They getting you Negroes--you African-Americans--you college--the shines--to do their dirty work to erase--human--American history. And if you don't think history can be erased--I mean--you're fooling yourself. A hundred, two hundred years from now, they be like, What's slavery? What are you talkin' about?"

Weston White
11-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Yea, this is part and parcel for further instilling neo-feudalism. Inch-by-inch-by-inch within the greater scheming of the Democrats's 'the ends justifies the means' and 'by any means necessary' logical failings.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2017, 06:01 AM
All it takes is one look at the staff of the church to see why:

http://www.historicchristchurch.org/about-us/clergy/

shakey1
11-02-2017, 06:06 AM
Removal of a memorial... yeah, that will fix everything.:rolleyes:

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 07:58 AM
From their facebook page:

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

As you have undoubtedly seen, the vestry's decision to relocate the marble memorial plaques to a new location outside of our nave has drawn media attention, some of it positive and some of it negative. It has also drawn the attention of some politicians who have chosen to use our community's decision as a platform for their political statements.

Also from their facebook page:

Let's play a game. On 10/15 learn about the relationship between race, wealth, income, and hunger.
11:30. Meade Room. Lunch will be served.

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22406181_1684635448244382_270133878339311162_n.png ?oh=5130e9e91c845db36cf86b636a16c042&oe=5A66EA70

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s280x280/22282131_1677785455596048_3839296894911138835_n.pn g?oh=e28c717ce46de6eda8f469b894da6439&oe=5A73B329

I don't go to church.
Is this sort of thing normal..?

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 10:30 AM

On the Civil War: "Does it make sense to you that one group of white folks wanted to kill the other group of white folks just to free your black ass?"

"Let's reverse it. Say it was blacks, and whites was enslaved. You think some blacks are going to go from up north, go down south, to fight to free some white folks? Of course not!"

"Say if blacks were just working and getting paid. That Civil War still would have happened."

Regarding the plaques and statues: "Keep it up there! I want a reminder! [laughs]...Them white folks is smart. They getting you Negroes--you African-Americans--you college--the shines--to do their dirty work to erase--human--American history. And if you don't think history can be erased--I mean--you're fooling yourself. A hundred, two hundred years from now, they be like, What's slavery? What are you talkin' about?"He's right, the civil war wasn't fought over slavery - nor is this pc bitchfest being propagated over racism. They're not about correcting injustice, but about driving up the insurance value of these monuments. They aren't being destroyed; they're being taken down and locked away or displayed in museums. Monuments are becoming a lucrative cash loop for failing institutions and governments, enough so to borrow against for even more stupid-ass spending. (Nobody's asking for the ugly ones nobody likes to be taken down.)

Further more, slavery's nothing to be ashamed of, because every society have or have had slaves. There's no morally superior white hat, so nothing to hide and nobody to say sorry, let alone anybody to accept pathetic apologies.

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Actually, looks like they are just moving it from it's original place which was next to the altar:

York-Simmons said the plaques will remain in place until a new location for them is identified some time next year. A committee will be formed to deliberate on a new place of “respectful prominence.”

Why was it next to the altar in the first place? Seems like a slightly odd place.
I would think it would be near the outside entrance or something?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-02-2017, 10:45 AM
He's right,...

The guy needs to polish up his delivery, but yeah, I generally agree with him. I wrote the text below in another thread. Rather than restate my thoughts, I will just paste here. It sort of simplistic and on a grade school level, but just enough for a forum.

The South had an economy stronger than the North in raw materials. The South exported, while the North imported. The South leaving the Union and the Union demanding the South stay is strong evidence that the South did not need the North, but the North needed the South.

The South had no interest in taking over the North, so the name "Civil War" is a misnomer. It was much more about economics than the disingenuous high ground the North tried to present. The two regions were economically different. The South had all the resources in raw materials. The South's raw materials dominated the US economy. They provided 2/3 of the world's cotton. The tariff was an ongoing issue. First in 1828. The last straw was the Morrill tariff of 1861.

The North sought industry protection instead of letting people freely choose where they would buy their goods. The South had the wealth and their exporting was hurt by the tariff. The North could not freely compete with the rest of the world.

England and Europe favored the South because they did not favor the tariff. Lincoln knew he could not sell the war internationally on the tariff/economics, so he played the slavery card. England (rightly) opposed slavery, so the US government played that angle. Most people did not really care about slavery, at least to the point of killing one another over it. Lincoln was a shrewd and insincere racist who just manipulated the slavery angle. If the South had not been so greedy and just given up their slaves, then the North would not have had an argument. It was a poor decision on their part, but they were greedy. Their economy would have been better than, or at least equal to, the North because of their raw materials, even without slavery.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Abe Lincoln, racist.

"I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position."

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”

"And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Lincoln was not interested in freeing slaves: “I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.”

“There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races … A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas…”

Dr.3D
11-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Regarding the plaques and statues: "Keep it up there! I want a reminder! [laughs]...Them white folks is smart. They getting you Negroes--you African-Americans--you college--the shines--to do their dirty work to erase--human--American history. And if you don't think history can be erased--I mean--you're fooling yourself. A hundred, two hundred years from now, they be like, What's slavery? What are you talkin' about?"
Is he talking that way so people won't think he's an Uncle Tom?

bunklocoempire
11-02-2017, 12:59 PM
All it takes is one look at the staff of the church to see why:

http://www.historicchristchurch.org/about-us/clergy/

Tested out a Rev. Dr. Noelle York-Simmons sermon. Creepy, but expected.
No Law, and no clear Gospel. Totally ignoring the market price of sin -go figure.:rolleyes:
Did not allow the Word of God to interpret itself, but offered up her own interpretations obsessing over the symptoms of sin, rather than the disease itself and God's clear message of dealing with the disease.
Would not want to be in her Birkenstocks when when her audit takes place.
:(

I bet this coverage really helps their Shea soap sales at their gift shop. Itchy ears are always listening for the symptom easing properties of Shea soap.;)

2 Timothy 4:3,4
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3 For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4 So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

shakey1
11-02-2017, 01:18 PM
The guy needs to polish up his delivery, but yeah, I generally agree with him. I wrote the text below in another thread. Rather than restate my thoughts, I will just paste here. It sort of simplistic and on a grade school level, but just enough for a forum.

The South had an economy stronger than the North in raw materials. The South exported, while the North imported. The South leaving the Union and the Union demanding the South stay is strong evidence that the South did not need the North, but the North needed the South.

The South had no interest in taking over the North, so the name "Civil War" is a misnomer. It was much more about economics than the disingenuous high ground the North tried to present. The two regions were economically different. The South had all the resources in raw materials. The South's raw materials dominated the US economy. They provided 2/3 of the world's cotton. The tariff was an ongoing issue. First in 1828. The last straw was the Morrill tariff of 1861.

The North sought industry protection instead of letting people freely choose where they would buy their goods. The South had the wealth and their exporting was hurt by the tariff. The North could not freely compete with the rest of the world.

England and Europe favored the South because they did not favor the tariff. Lincoln knew he could not sell the war internationally on the tariff/economics, so he played the slavery card. England (rightly) opposed slavery, so the US government played that angle. Most people did not really care about slavery, at least to the point of killing one another over it. Lincoln was a shrewd and insincere racist who just manipulated the slavery angle. If the South had not been so greedy and just given up their slaves, then the North would not have had an argument. It was a poor decision on their part, but they were greedy. Their economy would have been better than, or at least equal to, the North because of their raw materials, even without slavery.

... so much like today's wars, it was about money... still unbelievable that it really happened.

Zippyjuan
11-02-2017, 03:39 PM
https://www.premierchristianradio.com/News/World/Church-to-move-George-Washington-plaque

Church to move George Washington plaque

A church in Virginia plan to move plaques of George Washington and Robert E. Lee as they're seen as unwelcoming.

Christ church in Alexandria, Virginia told their congregation the plaques of America's first President and that of the Confederate Robert E. Lee "may create an obstacle to our identity as a welcoming church."

The plaques currently hang on either side of the altar inside the church and have been there since 1870. Moving them, because of their lack of religious purpose had been discussed before.

Earlier this year there were protests over the future of a Confederate statue in Charlottesville as well as violent rallies by white supremacists and neo-Nazis, prompting the discussion in Alexandria to progress.

They will most likely be moved to somewhere else within the church though. According to CNN, Emily Bryan, the Senior Warden of the church said they would be "in a place that better tells our history".

A committee will decide the new location in the summer of 2018.

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 04:51 PM
https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s280x280/22282131_1677785455596048_3839296894911138835_n.pn g?oh=e28c717ce46de6eda8f469b894da6439&oe=5A73B329

I don't go to church.
Is this sort of thing normal..?You don't have to be devout or anything to go to church. Superman took a day job and wore check-out isle glasses just to move out of his parents' house, make normal friends, and have a girl. Think of it that way.

Is the church fundamentalist or PCUSA? Lots of churches will do anything for attendance.

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 05:04 PM
You don't have to be devout or anything to go to church. Superman took a day job and wore check-out isle glasses just to move out of his parents' house, make normal friends, and have a girl. Think of it that way.

Wait, what?
lol. Maybe I'm tired.
What are you saying?

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Wait, what?
lol. Maybe I'm tired.
What are you saying?Superman didn't have to be human to hold down a job. You don't have to be devout to go to church.

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Superman didn't have to be human to hold down a job. You don't have to be devout to go to church.

I'm not against church.
But I don't do religion.
Religion is chains.
Jesus freed people from those chains.
Just my view.
We all have different paths.

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm not against church.
But I don't do religion.
Religion is chains.
Jesus freed people from those chains.
Just my view.
We all have different paths.I guess. Although religion w/o religion is kinda missing the point. My church is Bedside Baptist, where its OK to sleep in and walk around with an erection. Nobody judges at Bedside Baptist.

Suzanimal
11-02-2017, 06:09 PM
I guess. Although religion w/o religion is kinda missing the point. My church is Bedside Baptist, where its OK to sleep in and walk around with an erection. Nobody judges at Bedside Baptist.

But you can't drink so.....

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 06:11 PM
But you can't drink so.....Fucking blue laws.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Church to move George Washington plaque

Yes, they are taking it off the wall. That is a "move."

They will most likely be moved to somewhere else within the church..."in a place that better tells our history"...

I'm guessing that "better" place is the church basement. I'll bet a cyber nickel there's no way that Lee plaque gets displayed again.

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 07:02 PM
I guess. Although religion w/o religion is kinda missing the point.

Not sure what point you're talking about.
Religion doesn't = God.

Like I said, we all have different paths.
Peace to you on yours.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-02-2017, 07:03 PM
I am guessing that a big part of this was to appease any future tenant and 100s of thousands in income for the church. From the church report, p.18:

The Ross Dress for Less retail store pays about $400,000 a year in rent. The Ross lease will expire in 2018 and a special committee has been working for more than three years to plan for the next tenant—and to set a market rental rate, which will be considerably higher than the rate Ross pays now.
http://www.historicchristchurch.org/download_file/view/1926

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-02-2017, 07:06 PM
The offending displays:

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/plaques2.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/09/6f/b9/9d/alexandria-s-christ-church.jpg

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Seems like an odd placement.

(Not offensive)... just... weird.

William Tell
11-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Is the church fundamentalist or PCUSA? Lots of churches will do anything for attendance.

My understanding is the Episcopal Church for the most part has gone incredibly far left wing. Certainly not the same as it was in Washington's day.

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 08:37 PM
The offending displays:

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/plaques2.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/09/6f/b9/9d/alexandria-s-christ-church.jpgYou guys know the history behind the Christian Nation flag right? Raising and pledging to it was a litmus for churches all aboard the Fundamentalist, NatSoc agenda. Lutherans flew them in WW2 so they wouldn't be sued by Jews or vandalized by dumbasses for being "Germans". You don't see that crap in real churches, unless they're renting space from a 501c3 church, or there's a hard core of old people who can't let go of Wilsonian Americanism. I'd be embarrassed for the Episcopalians that can't abide two men made in the image of God memorialized in the same space, yet still fly the CF (and the American flag) in their sanctuaries. Seems they missed the point somewhere between Ashteroth poles and oath taking, but then they are worshiping an axial age Asian God like he's down with their cool.

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Not sure what point you're talking about.
Religion doesn't = God.

Like I said, we all have different paths.
Peace to you on yours.We're all gambling I suppose.

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 09:15 PM
We're all gambling I suppose.

Nahh, no gamble.

Raginfridus
11-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Nahh, no gamble.OK Ganesh.

Unless you're implying there's nothing to lose, in which case Terry Davis is God.

PursuePeace
11-02-2017, 10:56 PM
OK Ganesh.

Unless you're implying there's nothing to lose, in which case Terry Davis is God.

A lot of people are losing something right now by holding onto fear.
1 John 4:18 - No fear in love. Perfect love casts out ALL fear.

The good news is so simple, even a child could understand. And most children understand it far better because they're innocent and pure-minded. It's mankind that puts the burdens on you. Not God. God is about freedom. Not tyranny. Not torture. Not spite. Not injustice. Not infinite punishment for finite crimes. The angel said fear not, for I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be for all the people. The problem is the message has been dragged through the mud. But love conquers all. Every knee will bow. It's not hard to understand why. Especially if you've been through some of the refining fire, yourself, in a big way.

Just my perspective.
That's all.

peace.