PDA

View Full Version : "If the news is fake, imagine the history."

Jamesiv1
11-01-2017, 11:56 AM
This is quite a good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrW87uilb7I

"If the news is fake, imagine the history." -- at the 43 minute mark.

DamianTV
11-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Fake History. Kind of like what is taught in public schools today? Thomas Jefferson didnt exist and George Washington was really a white terrorist who supported slavery.

shakey1
11-01-2017, 01:33 PM
https://tribalsimplicity.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/quotes_buddha_believe-nothing-experience_tribal-simplicity2.jpg

dannno
11-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Will be fun to see Milo's interview in Mike Cernovich's upcoming documentary "Hoaxed"

Raginfridus
11-01-2017, 02:05 PM
http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1185348721l/1571602.jpg

Jamesiv1
11-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Will be fun to see Milo's interview in Mike Cernovich's upcoming documentary "Hoaxed"
Milo is quite a good interviewer.

There is also a good one with Gavin McInness.

euphemia
11-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Fake History. Kind of like what is taught in public schools today? Thomas Jefferson didnt exist and George Washington was really a white terrorist who supported slavery.

And people can teach Christopher Columbus landed in America for the specific purpose to exploit and kill. Read his own writings and find exactly the opposite.

otherone
11-01-2017, 02:16 PM
And people can teach Christopher Columbus landed in America for the specific purpose to exploit and kill. Read his own writings and find exactly the opposite.

You read Italian?

euphemia
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Quite a lot has been translated into English. Columbus kept very detailed logs.

otherone
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Quite a lot has been translated into English.

You missed my point.

DamianTV
11-01-2017, 02:36 PM

Remember the target audience they are manipulating with this information. Kids. Kids who have learned to avoid any actual self study so they end up with blind faith in the information that comes from their indoctrination centers. Point being, they are taught to not challenge ideas or even verify any information as presented.

These kids are inundated with the negative form of lying, to lie by exclusion. Just like media, they exclude information that would alter a persons perception of the events that happened. When you report that Runner A came in 2nd place and that Runner B came in second to last, you think that Runner A beat Runner B, which a purposeful mispreception when the fact that only two people were in the race. If there were more than 3 people in the race, then that perception would have been true. However, in a two man race, second to last means the place right before last place, which is FIRST PLACE. This is how lying by exclusion works. And it is a LOT harder to catch a lie of exclusion than the "positive" form of lying, which is to express a non truth.

Sadly, todays children are taught to not verify any evidence at all. It has become its own religion of Blind Faith, where every idea is unchallenged.

Real learning is a three step process:
- #1: Input
- #2: Logic
- #3: Output

The current education standard completely eliminates the Logic step, and this teaches children to become Parrots who can only repeat what they have been told. Such as George Washingtons Birthday.

When Is George Washington's Birthday?
https://www.livescience.com/33022-when-is-george-washingtons-real-birthday.html

George Washington was born on either Feb. 11, 1731 or Feb. 22, 1732 depending on which calendar you consult.

The difference here being the Julian Calendar and Gregorian Calendar. Trouble here is there is an opportunity to set up anyone who asks to fail by simply referencing the "other" calendar, making their answer to "When was George Washingtons Birthday?" wrong. Setting children up to fail like that, which is what Common Core basically does, causes them to doubt their own self worth, and without any ability to conduct logic, they become both intellectually and emotionally dependent on the state via the teachers. The result of this is children are only smart enough to push a button, but do not know to ask "is this the right tool for the job" or even "why is it compulsory that I push this button?".

Teachers do NOT teach thinking in school, in fact, the entire purpose of education is the opposite of learning. Thinking is contradictory to an Indoctrination System because it challenges its own existence.

anaconda
11-01-2017, 02:39 PM
I have wondered about how people can assess the credibility and accuracy of history. This would be a fascinating academic study in itself.

Influenza
11-01-2017, 03:00 PM
True. Murder and exploitation weren't the primary purposes of his initial voyage. He only decided to exploit the native populations after seeing how easy it would be to do so! That makes him a much​ better person.

euphemia
11-01-2017, 04:13 PM
You missed my point.

And you totally missed mine.

euphemia
11-01-2017, 04:13 PM
True. Murder and exploitation weren't the primary purposes of his initial voyage. He only decided to exploit the native populations after seeing how easy it would be to do so! That makes him a much​ better person.

Go back and read some of his own writings.

euphemia
11-01-2017, 04:14 PM
I have wondered about how people can assess the credibility and accuracy of history. This would be a fascinating academic study in itself.

Direct access to original materials.

Influenza
11-01-2017, 04:59 PM
I just did, how about you do the same, and this time don't close your eyes when you get to the parts you don't like

otherone
11-01-2017, 05:22 PM
And you totally missed mine.

No, I got your point. You believe a translation by some guy you don't know to be an authoritative source, especially if it refutes the liberal narrative. It's called "confirmation bias". Like camel swallowing and gnat straining.

euphemia
11-01-2017, 05:36 PM
And when history looks back on Obama, they will read the official narrative because all other history has been expunged. None of his academic writing survives except his book, which is largely fantasy. Michelle's Master's thesis (https://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/michelle-obama-thesis-was-on-racial-divide-008642) remains, and that's about all you need to read about the politics of division. Click the links in the article. Hopefully you'll find the thesis. But that's all you'll find. The Obamas have carefully crafted the narrative, and you will never know anything about them that you don't already know.

otherone
11-01-2017, 05:38 PM
And when history looks back on Obama, they will read the official narrative because all other history has been expunged. None of his academic writing survives except his book, which is largely fantasy. Michelle's Master's thesis (https://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/michelle-obama-thesis-was-on-racial-divide-008642) remains, and that's about all you need to read about the politics of division. Click the links in the article. Hopefully you'll find the thesis. But that's all you'll find. The Obamas have carefully crafted the narrative, and you will never know anything about them that you don't already know.

here ya go:

euphemia
11-01-2017, 05:44 PM
And when you read about Andrew Jackson, all you'll read is that he was ruthless and racist. But for the Battle of New Orleans, Jackson had to raise his own army, and it included Native Americans, free blacks, and white settlers. They said he was "tough as old hickory." When you visit his home, you see his original cabin and some slave cabins on the property. They look about the same. He and Rachel lived in a little cabin until he was able to build the main house known as The Hermitage.

Jackson was born in what is now South Carolina (NC, SC, and TN were all one state known as the Carolina Territory). His parents were killed in the Revolution when Jackson was barely a teen. He fought for liberty pretty much all his life by the time he became president. No wonder he was so against central banking. His parents paid taxes to the king. He knew what it meant to be controlled by big government. Of course he made some decisions that were unjust and wrong, but he will only be known for that, and not the rest.

anaconda
11-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Direct access to original materials.

But are they accurate? And what about the historical record that is handed down by word of mouth?

r3volution 3.0
11-02-2017, 01:39 AM

Darn, I have an appointment on whatever day that is to stare into space for several hours, I'll miss it.

euphemia
11-02-2017, 06:08 AM
But are they accurate? And what about the historical record that is handed down by word of mouth?

What you don't want are books written by people who make it up as they go along, then quote and re-quote each other until the unfounded lie becomes accepted as established fact.

Jamesiv1
11-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Darn, I have an appointment on whatever day that is to stare into space for several hours, I'll miss it.
You sir, are no lover of liberty.

You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.

Influenza
11-02-2017, 11:49 AM

You are going to spend eternity burning in the hell-fires of damnation for that comment.

TheCount
11-02-2017, 11:54 AM

I'm sure that Stef will have a multi-hour reaction video commentary on it that you can watch instead.

PierzStyx
11-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Hair splitting. He obviously wanted to find a ocean path to India. But he was also perfectly okay exploiting and murdering people once he got here, especially if he thought he could force natives he enslaved to get him gold.

PierzStyx
11-02-2017, 12:50 PM
And when you read about Andrew Jackson, all you'll read is that he was ruthless and racist. But for the Battle of New Orleans, Jackson had to raise his own army, and it included Native Americans, free blacks, and white settlers. They said he was "tough as old hickory." When you visit his home, you see his original cabin and some slave cabins on the property. They look about the same. He and Rachel lived in a little cabin until he was able to build the main house known as The Hermitage.

Jackson was born in what is now South Carolina (NC, SC, and TN were all one state known as the Carolina Territory). His parents were killed in the Revolution when Jackson was barely a teen. He fought for liberty pretty much all his life by the time he became president. No wonder he was so against central banking. His parents paid taxes to the king. He knew what it meant to be controlled by big government. Of course he made some decisions that were unjust and wrong, but he will only be known for that, and not the rest.

And Pol Pot wasn't a bad guy either. He just made a few bad decisions. Just like Andrew Jackson. Just ignore the 4,000 Natives he murdered through forced death marches across the country in defiance of a Supreme Court case that had declared their legal right to their land, or that he threatened to hang every person in South Carolina if they embraced secession. How could we let those few, inconsequential things, mar such a sterling reputation?

TheCount
11-02-2017, 12:57 PM
And Pol Pot wasn't a bad guy either. He just made a few bad decisions. Just like Andrew Jackson. Just ignore the 4,000 Natives he murdered through forced death marches across the country in defiance of a Supreme Court case that had declared their legal right to their land, or that he threatened to hang every person in South Carolina if they embraced secession. How could we let those few, inconsequential things, mar such a sterling reputation?

Yeah but his slaves had cabins.

dannno
11-02-2017, 01:00 PM

Meh, I can totally understand why purveyors of fake news wouldn't want to watch a documentary that totally calls out their bullshit.

I'm sure that Stef will have a multi-hour reaction video commentary on it that you can watch instead.

Stef will be in the documentary discussing fake news as well.

TheCount
11-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Stef will be in the documentary discussing fake news as well.

How will the world survive such a man-orgy of truth?

dannno
11-02-2017, 02:35 PM
How will the world survive such a man-orgy of truth?

I would say the chances of survival should increase quite drastically.

Also this thread is about how he was the one blackmailing the media with the "Shitty Men in Media" list, which was made by women and likely obtained from a woman so you're whole sexist narrative is kinda bullshit.

TheCount
11-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Also this thread is about how he was the one blackmailing the media with the "Shitty Men in Media" list, which was made by women and likely obtained from a woman so you're whole sexist narrative is kinda bullshit.

This may surprise you, but I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about.

dannno
11-02-2017, 02:52 PM
This may surprise you, but I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about.

You were talking about man orgies (of truth)

TheCount
11-02-2017, 03:06 PM
You were talking about man orgies (of truth)

Are you such a snowflake that you were triggered by the use of the word 'man' in my post?

An orgy in which all of the participants are men is a man orgy.

dannno
11-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Are you such a snowflake that you were triggered by the use of the word 'man' in my post?

An orgy in which all of the participants are men is a man orgy.

Ya I'm not sure why you would bring your sexist narrative into this. Do you think everybody in the film is going to be male?

TheCount
11-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Ya I'm not sure why you would bring your sexist narrative into this. Do you think everybody in the film is going to be male?

You're adorable.

Jamesiv1
11-02-2017, 06:16 PM
You are going to spend eternity burning in the hell-fires of damnation for that comment.
Well played.

Influenza
11-02-2017, 11:26 PM
You're adorable.
don't waste your time, danno is low energy

devil21
11-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Pretty much everything that people are taught by "institutions" (schools, media, universities, etc) is complete bs. Hell, the average person still thinks the police officer in the patrol car behind him is a "government" employee, instead of the truth that the cop is an employee of a private for-profit corporation. How would that average person ever come to grips with real history? Society would completely implode overnight.

Pauls' Revere
11-04-2017, 02:24 PM

The Mayor's office manipulated the stories and images of the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906 to describe it as the San Francisco Fire because telling people the truth of an unpredictable event like an Earthquake was "to horrifying".

Ender
11-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Pretty much everything that people are taught by "institutions" (schools, media, universities, etc) is complete bs. Hell, the average person still thinks the police officer in the patrol car behind him is a "government" employee, instead of the truth that the cop is an employee of a private for-profit corporation. How would that average person ever come to grips with real history? Society would completely implode overnight.

Yep.

My POV is to question everything and try to find all sides of any event/subject. REAL history can be a shocker-

AZJoe
11-11-2017, 06:38 AM
You read Italian?

Columbus did not write in Italian. His writings are almost exclusively Spanish with some Portuguese and Catalan mixed in. A few notes are Latin. His voyage diary is Spanish.

Schifference
11-11-2017, 07:04 AM
How can anything in history be accurate?

A political event could take place today. CNN or MSNBC could report on it and the report will portray a totally different analysis of the event then if Fox reported on it.

If you cannot get the facts on a current happening, how can you have facts on history?

Jamesiv1
11-11-2017, 07:40 AM
How can anything in history be accurate?

A political event could take place today. CNN or MSNBC could report on it and the report will portray a totally different analysis of the event then if Fox reported on it.

If you cannot get the facts on a current happening, how can you have facts on history?
Agreed.

Plus, the "official" history books come from within the bubble of academia, where tenured professors can have their careers destroyed by a single ill-regarded utterance. It has been like that for centuries.

And until very recently, there was no internet where thousands of people could check your facts.

Schifference
11-11-2017, 12:52 PM
If you disagree with the MSM analysis you are unpatriotic, a terrorist, a nazi, kook, or...... whatever label they choose to pin on you.

kahless
11-11-2017, 03:21 PM
---