PDA

View Full Version : Muh National Park! Fees to more than double to $70 per vehicle.

phill4paul
10-31-2017, 05:23 PM
Libs losing their collective shit over this. I pay murh taxassss! Lol.

US considers steep increase in national park entry fees

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — The National Park Service is considering a steep increase in entrance fees at 17 of its most popular parks, mostly in the West, to address a backlog of maintenance and infrastructure projects.

Visitors to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Zion and other national parks would be charged $70 per vehicle, up from the fee of $30 for a weekly pass. At others, the hike is nearly triple, from $25 to $70.

A 30-day public comment period opened Tuesday. The Park Service says it expects to raise $70 million a year with the proposal at a time when national parks repeatedly have been breaking visitation records and putting a strain on park resources. Nearly 6 million people visited the Grand Canyon last year.

bunklocoempire
10-31-2017, 06:37 PM
to address a backlog of maintenance and infrastructure projects.

lol

How do you screw the pooch when you don't pay anything for rent and have zero competition?

Friggin' LOSERS, treating customers as a problem.

More people are using our "service"! We're screwed! :rolleyes:

phill4paul
10-31-2017, 06:42 PM
lol

How do you screw the pooch when you don't pay anything for rent and have zero competition?

Friggin' LOSERS, treating customers as a problem.

More people are using our "service"! We're screwed! :rolleyes:

They spent too much on studying the "Granulated Bi-Polar Tit Mouse and the effects of ranchers on it's natural environment."

HVACTech
10-31-2017, 06:50 PM
They spent too much on studying the "Granulated Bi-Polar Tit Mouse and the effects of ranchers on it's natural environment."

I have been to Zion national park. and no. I do not think that people should be allowed to live there. :)

phill4paul
10-31-2017, 06:55 PM
I have been to Zion national park. and no. I do not think that people should be allowed to live there. :)

"Allowing" people, so much they cannot live there, is a noble enterprise.

oyarde
10-31-2017, 06:59 PM
I do not think any normal people pay these fees , probably just HVACtech and rich foreigners , why not make it 250.00 a car ? In before all the Kooks show up and say they pay these fees .

milgram
10-31-2017, 08:04 PM
I've been to national parks in the past few years. I see brand new buildings everywhere - very few of them have the smell of old pine that I liked when I was younger. Visitor centers have all kinds of flashy interactive displays. There are people everywhere, with many international visitors. If the park service is hard up for cash it's hard to see any evidence of it.

State parks are a different story. You can tell their budget is much smaller. Some signs are old and weathered, some buildings are in rough shape.

devil21
10-31-2017, 10:00 PM
Something...something....dollar devaluation....something...something...

dannno
11-01-2017, 11:26 AM
I've been to national parks in the past few years. I see brand new buildings everywhere - very few of them have the smell of old pine that I liked when I was younger. Visitor centers have all kinds of flashy interactive displays. There are people everywhere, with many international visitors. If the park service is hard up for cash it's hard to see any evidence of it.

State parks are a different story. You can tell their budget is much smaller. Some signs are old and weathered, some buildings are in rough shape.

Ya I went to one recently, it was like a human conveyor belt.. I spent a whole week out in the wilderness in the surrounding National Forests by myself most of the time with my dog, then one day I went to the National Park and I spent less than 2 hours in the main area and it cost $30 for a 1 week pass.. Sure it is spectacular, but there were thousands of tourists milling about.. not a place I wanted to hang out for long. There were some less busy areas on the outskirts, but still a lot of people and there was only a small list of a half dozen trails I was allowed to take my dog on.