PDA

View Full Version : Senate demands Twitter disclose WikiLeaks direct messages.

Origanalist
10-28-2017, 08:15 AM
After RT, US Senate now demanding Twitter reveal WikiLeaks direct messages;

https://i0.wp.com/theduran.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Wikileaks-Twitter.jpg?resize=758%2C449

First it was RT and Sputnik. Now it’s Wikileaks.

Yesterday Twitter, under pressure from the US Congress and Deep State, made the decision to remove all RT and Sputnik ads from its platform.

The Duran noted…

Expect Facebook and YouTube to follow suite in short order. After banning RT and Sputnik’s ads from social media, the profiles will also be deemed in violation of terms.

It is a slippery slope and we have just entered a fast descent into Deep State censorship.

Twitter is learning the hard way that when you give the US Congress an inch, they will take a yard.

Soon, the US Deep State will be able to request DM’s from any individual or organization at any time. This is just the beginning of America’s descent into surveillance hell…

continued..http://theduran.com/breaking-rt-us-senate-now-demanding-twitter-reveal-wikileaks-direct-messages/

Raginfridus
10-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Twatter and YooToob are just doing their patriotic duties (that's what uncle Sam calls getting fucked in the ass and loving it).

Carlybee
10-29-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't know why Julian stays on Twitter. Steemit has been trying to get him over there.

Champ
10-29-2017, 09:13 AM
I don't know why Julian stays on Twitter. Steemit has been trying to get him over there.

This may be happening sooner rather than later. He just quoted a recently banned Roger Stone with the same words that got Stone banned and Assange has said plenty of other controversial things (not actually controversial) in his feed. I won't be surprised if there is a mass migration soon, just need to have some of the bigger names continue to get suspended/banned from all of these social platforms and for them to start announcing they are making the switch. It's a race between Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter to the bottom.

Raginfridus
10-29-2017, 09:23 AM
It's a race between Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter to the bottom.Thanksgiving 5 or 6 years ago the topic of freedoms and social media came up and I said something like social media doesn't make freedom of association easier so much as it centralizes communications, which makes us easier to follow. I don't remember if I killed that topic or anybody heard me, but that was around the time Snowden took the path of exile and I started doing my own research. And that remains the only thanksgiving I remember.

kahless
10-29-2017, 11:33 AM

I think Twitter is heading into the downward trend of the popularly cycle like what happened to MySpace. It probably would have been further along that path if it were not for people like Trump and Wikileaks.

But I keep ending up over at Steemit home page and for some reason never have the motivation to go any further with them.

Carlybee
10-30-2017, 04:17 PM
I think Twitter is heading into the downward trend of the popularly cycle like what happened to MySpace. It probably would have been further along that path if it were not for people like Trump and Wikileaks.

But I keep ending up over at Steemit home page and for some reason never have the motivation to go any further with them.

I have a couple things posted there. My nephew posts there a lot but I don't care for the format.