PDA

View Full Version : State Department Scraps Sanctions Office

Swordsmyth
10-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson eliminated the Coordinator for Sanctions Policy office, which had been led by a veteran ambassador-rank diplomat with at least five staff, as part of an overhaul of the department, former diplomats and congressional sources told Foreign Policy.
Instead, the role of coordinating U.S. sanctions across the State Department and other government agencies now falls to just one mid-level official — David Tessler, the deputy director of the Policy Planning Office. The Policy Planning Office, which previously operated as a small team providing strategic advice to the secretary but did not manage programs or initiatives, has grown in power under Tillerson’s “redesign” of the department.

More at: http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/26/state-department-scraps-sanctions-office/

Origanalist
10-27-2017, 11:35 AM
Why is this one starred? It's merely information.

Never mind, I see Swordsmyth has attracted a one star bandit.

TheTexan
10-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Wasn't me. I gave it two stars.

TheTexan
10-27-2017, 11:46 AM
And this elimination of an entire Sanctions Office is further evidence that Trump is delivering on his promise to reduce taxes & scope of government.

#MAGA

Swordsmyth
10-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Why is this one starred? It's merely information.

Never mind, I see Swordsmyth has attracted a one star bandit.

Every enemy I make is a badge of honor.

euphemia
10-27-2017, 12:34 PM
And this elimination of an entire Sanctions Office is further evidence that Trump is delivering on his promise to reduce taxes & scope of government.

And what is MSM talking about? Not this. Consistent with their agenda driven ADD. They are distracted with other things while Trump plays them like a violin.

Swordsmyth
10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
And what is MSM talking about? Not this. Consistent with their agenda driven ADD. They are distracted with other things while Trump plays them like a violin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wypSxHgTg