PDA

View Full Version : I would appreciate your feedback on this proposal

IHaveaDream
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
What: “The Power of Change” (Money Bomb)

When: February 1, 2008 (Coincides with National Freedom Day and the ratification of the 13th amendment to the constitution).

Where: Nationwide…worldwide.

Why: Because positive change is desperately needed in our nation and Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate that is prepared to make that happen.

How: No specific goal for this money bomb – just using our collective efforts to make a simple, strong, symbolic statement for change while also promoting individual freedom. The proposal is for all of us to save up our change (coins) from every transaction between now and February 1, 2008. In other words, every time we buy something, we put whatever change we get into a container. We do that with every single transaction. Then, on February 1, 2008, National Freedom Day, we all give it to the campaign at one time. Even though there is no specific goal with this money bomb, I suspect that all that change would add up to a considerable sum of money.

If you guys would like to do this, maybe we can get Trevor to help us set it up. I don't know Trevor and I don't know the first thing about website development. I do know that the website “ThePowerOfChange.com” appears to be available. I chose the name because it lends a positive image to our efforts (it also fits well with the activity). I chose the date because of its historical significance and relative theme. Of course, we can always vote on another name and/or date if you prefer.

Your thoughts?

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Looks good. :)

What I also like is that between November 5th and December 16th roughly 5 and a half weeks will have passed, and between December 16th and February 1st 6 weeks will pass. It's roughly same same time window, and a good way to measure new incoming support. If December 16th is successful, the book sells, Ron Paul continues to climb in the polls, the Blimp gets attention, operation door to door goes well, and we continue to push and be creative -- I don't see why The Power Of Change can't be huge. I can already see he videos for this theme.

coboman
12-11-2007, 02:30 PM
No more money bombs. The official campaign is just wasting our money.

We do the teaparty for the wow factor, and from then, all the money goes to fund grassroots projects, that have a real chance of making a difference.

zeegrim
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
One of the reasons for the money bombs so far has been to attract media attention. I am hopeful that by February first Ron Paul will be considered a strong candidate with real chances by the media, therefore not requiring extra money bombs. That is my personal opinion, but if someone made it happen, and it gained enough traction amongst the grassroots, I would donate as well. Just jumping on the bandwagon.

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
It doesn't have to be as big as the previous money bombs. It can be a mediocre one. But it will showcase a double meaning: The Power Of Change.

When Change is the inspiration to donate change, it's surprising how much change people come up with. If Ron Paul gets a million dollars in change -- hey, why not? And it's not something we have to break the bank for, either. Just keeping change, scraping up change. That's all it is.

I like it.

hasan
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
the proposal would depend on how well the teaparty goes and what effect it has on voters

IHaveaDream
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Looks good. :) I can already see he videos for this theme.

I hadn't even thought about that. With all the talented people in this movement, I have no doubt that we'd see some very creative promotionals. :rolleyes:

austin356
12-11-2007, 03:59 PM
not good timing. Needs to be two weeks earlier so money can be used for Super Tuesday states.

Having another money bomb a couple days before the national primary would actually hurt the campaign relative to having no money bomb at all, do to the fact that donations dry up before a bomb and any money raised on the 1st cannot be spent in time for the election on the 5th.