PDA

View Full Version : NAACP Warns Flying American Airlines Is Unsafe For African Americans

angelatc
10-25-2017, 09:03 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/10/25/naacp-warns-african-americans-about-flying-on-american-airlines.html

“The NAACP for several months now has been monitoring a pattern of disturbing incidents reported by African-American passengers, specific to American Airlines,” the civil rights organization said in a statement. “In light of these confrontations, we have today taken the action of issuing national advisory alerting travelers — especially African-Americans — to exercise caution, in that booking and boarding flights on American Airlines could subject them disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions.”

Posted without comment :)

sparebulb
10-25-2017, 09:16 AM
Jesse Jackson must be slipping.

This is a perfect opportunity to shake some $$$ out of a fat, dumb corporation.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2017, 09:23 AM
This is one of the four "racist" incidents:

The NAACP highlighted four recent incidents in which African-American passengers said they were treated in a discriminatory way. The one that attracted the most media attention involved Mallory, an organizer of the Women's March on Washington in January.

Mallory had changed her seat at an airport kiosk, only to be told at the gate that the seat had been assigned to another customer. Mallory said she was treated disrespectfully by the gate agent — another African-American woman — and was outraged when a white male pilot asked if she could control herself while on the flight.

After being told she was being kicked off the plane, Mallory called the pilot a racist in a profanity-laced exchange. She took a later flight home to New York on American, then held a press conference two days later and threatened to take legal action against the airline.

So, a leftist black broad with a chip on her shoulder has a meltdown and dog-cusses everybody in the crew, and gets kicked off.

This is somehow white "racism".

If I thought for one second that AA wouldn't crimp and fold faster than a Chinese laundry to grovel and beg forgiveness at the feet of the NAACP, I'd say, hey, maybe I found a new airline to fly. ;)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-25-2017, 09:33 AM
"African-Americans"

:rolleyes:

angelatc
10-25-2017, 09:48 AM

if I thought for one second that AA wouldn't crimp and fold faster than a Chinese laundry to grovel and beg forgiveness at the feet of the NAACP, I'd say, hey, maybe I found a new airline to fly. ;)

Seems safer.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2017, 10:40 AM
When dealing with cops, women or minorities, record everything, preferably with a bodycam, especially if you are a white man.

And the same advice now applies to women and minorities that applies to cops.

Avoid as much as possible.

When there is no choice, be as bland and non-committal as circumstances allow, with the goal of getting the contact over and done with, ASAP.

angelatc
10-25-2017, 11:06 AM
When dealing with cops, women or minorities, record everything, preferably with a bodycam, especially if you are a white man.

Ron Paul always ensured he was never alone in a room with a female not related to him IIRC. Seems he figured this out quite a while ago.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2017, 11:14 AM
Ron Paul always ensured he was never alone in a room with a female not related to him IIRC. Seems he figured this out quite a while ago.

Now that you mention it, I think you are right...I think he mentioned that when he got ambushed by the Bruno character, it was one of the reasons he was upset about that.

enhanced_deficit
10-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Some long observed taboos are being broken this week. Goldstar families who lost family members in the wars after 9/11 are normally not criticized but few days ago US Marine General John Kelly whose son was killed in global war on terror in Afghanistan was accused of using "racist" language by Congresswoman Frederica Wilson.
Same anology is not applied to organizations but there was sympathy for AA for many years as American Airlines lost crew, plane/s as victim of terrorism on 9/11.

Media turn John Kelly into a racist (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/media-turn-john-kelly-into-a-racist/article/2638482)
Washington Examiner 13h ago

kahless
10-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Take the NAACP out of it and the quote really should be something like this:

"For years people have reported disturbing incidents specific to American Airlines,” “In light of these confrontations, we have today taken the action of issuing national advisory alerting travelers — to exercise caution, in that booking and boarding flights on American Airlines could subject them disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions.”

Although it was years ago, I could consider an incident with them anti-white racism considering it was an African American flight attendant that tried to kick me off of a full flight I got there early for and had booked weeks in advance, to be used by her African American friend.

When I refused to get out my seat I was threatened with arrest. Half the cabin around me protested since it was so out of line. I ended up getting up to avoid the escalation to authorities and was put in first class but told I would have to leave if someone showed up for the seat. Luckily no one did.

Avoid as much as much as possible.

When there is no choice, be as bland and non-committal as circumstances allow, with the goal of getting the contact over and done with, ASAP.

^This.

Weston White
10-25-2017, 11:59 PM

And add Bruno to the list too.

Weston White
10-26-2017, 12:06 AM
subject them disrespectful, discriminatory or unsafe conditions.

Hmm... This describes the TSA to a T.

angelatc
10-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Keep flying, and posting angrily. I'm sure at some point they'll start to care.

shakey1
10-26-2017, 11:46 AM
"African-Americans"

:rolleyes:

yes... please choose 1.

Anti Federalist
10-26-2017, 03:18 PM
yes... please choose 1.

I have relatives from South Africa.

Does that not make me "African American"?

shakey1
10-26-2017, 03:26 PM

... & they would be American African???

Wooden Indian
10-26-2017, 04:07 PM
My family came over from Ireland and we've never asked to be called Irish Americans. We just wanted to be Americans.

In fairness though, that term was coined by the state, wasn't it?

PierzStyx
10-26-2017, 04:33 PM

So, a leftist black broad with a chip on her shoulder has a meltdown and dog-cusses everybody in the crew, and gets kicked off.

This is somehow white "racism".

If I thought for one second that AA wouldn't crimp and fold faster than a Chinese laundry to grovel and beg forgiveness at the feet of the NAACP, I'd say, hey, maybe I found a new airline to fly. ;)

The NAACP highlighted four recent incidents in which African-American passengers said they were treated in a discriminatory way. The one that attracted the most media attention involved Mallory, an organizer of the Women's March on Washington in January.

Mallory had changed her seat at an airport kiosk, only to be told at the gate that the seat had been assigned to another customer. Mallory said she was treated disrespectfully by the gate agent — another African-American woman — and was outraged when a white male pilot asked if she could control herself while on the flight.

After being told she was being kicked off the plane, Mallory called the pilot a racist in a profanity-laced exchange. She took a later flight home to New York on American, then held a press conference two days later and threatened to take legal action against the airline.

It all kind of depends on why her seat was changed. Whether it was racist or not, that all depends on who did the changing and why they chose her. That she was notified of it by another black employee doesn't really mean anything. This from USA Today seems to be talking about Mallory:

Another incident involved an African-American woman who was switched to the coach section at the ticket counter despite having previously booked first-class tickets for herself and a traveling companion. The woman's traveling companion, who was white, remained assigned to a first-class seat, according to NAACP's claims.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/10/25/naacp-warns-african-americans-traveling-american-airlines/797755001/

That does sound like it could possibly be racially motivated, moving her but not her white companion. Especially if it fits an overall pattern, which the NAACP is claiming using these other examples of similar treatment:

Among the alleged incidents cited by the NAACP:

-- An African-American man was forced off a flight because he responded to disrespectful and discriminatory comments from two unruly white passengers.

-- An African-American woman was switched from first class to coach, while her white companion remained assigned to a first-class seat.

-- A pilot directed that an African-American woman be removed from a flight for complaining about having her seat changed without her consent.

-- An African-American woman and her infant were removed from a flight when the woman asked that her stroller be retrieved from checked baggage.

“We are aware of these incidents only because the passengers involved knew their rights, knew to speak up and exercised the courage to do so promptly,” the NAACP statement said.

(From OP Fox article)

I know I would be pissed off if my seat was changed to coach when I had paid for first class. I would be livid. As would most of us. I think the stupidest thing is she was probably pissed off and took it out on the wrong people- the crew- instead of the people who did it- those behind the desks. But you and I both know when we get angry we all make foolish choices.

I would think all of us would be suspicious of private companies as much as the State. It is after all what makes the free market work, a well educated populace who refuses to do business with companies that violate the values that we believe in. Dividing this sort of thing into a Left vs. Right things is just buying into the fiction that keeps people politically divided, weak, and subservient to those in power. In reality these kinds of causes speak to the heart of what libertarianism is about, the innate dignity of humanity and universal humanity. Conservatives and Progressives think one group or another should be favored by the law and by society whereas liberty lovers believe all people should be treated fairly and equally.

PierzStyx
10-26-2017, 04:36 PM
My family came over from Ireland and we've never asked to be called Irish Americans. We just wanted to be Americans.

In fairness though, that term was coined by the state, wasn't it?

That is just it.

"African"

"American"

"African-American"

They're all State terms that cause us to define our humanity and worth not by what we all are -human beings with inherent rights- but by the State itself. We therefore make the State the definer of our worth, our identity, and our rights. It is insidious.

People say we should all be "Americans" not realizing that is as false and foolish of an identity as "African-American" or any of the other fictions foisted upon us in an effort to divide and conquer.

oyarde
10-26-2017, 04:39 PM

Republic of South Africa ? Most certainly .

oyarde
10-26-2017, 04:47 PM
I like it when my little Grand Daughters ask me to help with school papers . " Define Americans " , " oh those are those people who got whipped all the time by the canadians " . " Define Canadians " , " oh that is the state that sponsored terrorism by allowing the Irish and the Confederates to attack America from Canada " . LOL . then later , " Grandpa I did not get an A but everyone learned something " .

osan
10-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Mallory said she was treated disrespectfully by the gate agent

Learn to spell "disrispikfl"

another African-American woman

But she a house ni... Oh, that's right, filtration... never mind.

RJB
10-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Their privilege is showing. If I, as a straight, white, male get bumped, there was no crime. I just suck it up.

If I was anyone else, I would have psychic powers to determine the person was racist, some kind of phobe, etc. I could then retaliate with a frivolous lawsuit, or get Jesse Jackson to shake 'em down.

kahless
10-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Their privilege is showing. If I, as a straight, white, male get bumped, there was no crime. I just suck it up.

If I was anyone else, I would have psychic powers to determine the person was racist, some kind of phobe, etc. I could then retaliate with a frivolous lawsuit, or get Jesse Jackson to shake 'em down.

It is about time whites have advocates for themselves like every other race. In what I described a few posts back I had no recourse because I am white up against two lying black women, with one in a position of power. A no win situation. Since they were already lying through their teeth no doubt if I pushed it the race card would have falsely been used against me to cover their actions.

oyarde
10-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Airports , TSA and the airlines all suck , for everybody . Do not use them unless you have to .