PDA

View Full Version : College kids love Trump's tax plan, when they are told it is Bernie Sanders' tax plan

Anti Federalist
10-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Idjits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=104&v=Ctz_dHfYfb8

dannno
10-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Hey you might wanna tag that video with a barf bag warning, lol... pretty good tho

klamath
10-24-2017, 06:05 PM
And the funny part is you could take Bernie tax plan and tell a bunch of republicans it was trumps plan and they would love and defend it.

dannno
10-24-2017, 06:28 PM
And the funny part is you could take Bernie tax plan and tell a bunch of republicans it was trumps plan and they would love and defend it.

Ya think so? I doubt it, but if you're so convinced then maybe you should go out on the street and ask some people and make a monetized youtube video?

Anti Federalist
10-24-2017, 06:53 PM

I think even the dimmest of Republican wits, would not be in favor of increasing the death tax to 65% or adding a new top tax rate of 52%

klamath
10-24-2017, 07:31 PM
I think even the dimmest of Republican wits, would not be in favor of increasing the death tax to 65% or adding a new top tax rate of 52%Used to think that. Not anymore.

Raginfridus
10-24-2017, 07:46 PM
And the funny part is you could take Bernie tax plan and tell a bunch of republicans it was trumps plan and they would love and defend it.My first thoughts when I saw the title. :D

nikcers
10-24-2017, 08:48 PM
They want to use this same mechanism to make neoconservationism popular. Make all of these people that have been fighting for neoconservationism for years rail against Trump's neocon foreign policy. So you gotta be a neocon not to support Trump against all of the neocons attacking him right?

juleswin
10-25-2017, 05:29 AM
Idjits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=104&v=Ctz_dHfYfb8

This doesn't really tell u anything. The college reform guys cherry picked Trump's tax plan and most likely only posted clips from the minority of college liberals who fell for tis trick and then voila, comes to the conclusion that college liberals love Trump's tax plan. Heck, cherry pick it enough and i would even like his tax plan. The rub comes when you actually give full detail of his tax plan to the audience and then ask them if they like it. And believe me when they hear about the cooperate tax cuts and take away of deductions to middle income earners, virtually none of them would like the plan.

Well, I should know about cherry picking cos that is how I ended up with a Che avatar :)

specsaregood
10-25-2017, 05:39 AM
This doesn't really tell u anything. The college reform guys cherry picked Trump's tax plan and most likely only posted clips from the minority of college liberals who fell for tis trick and then voila, comes to the conclusion that college liberals love Trump's tax plan. Heck, cherry pick it enough and i would even like his tax plan. The rub comes when you actually give full detail of his tax plan to the audience and then ask them if they like it. And believe me when they hear about the cooperate tax cuts and take away of deductions to middle income earners, virtually none of them would like the plan.

Meh, most/all of them in the video probably don't have enough experience actually paying taxes to know what would benefit them or their family. eg: they probably don't know how much the standard deduction is --or even what it is-- and whether doubling it would exceed what they would lose in existing state tax deductions.

juleswin
10-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Meh, most/all of them in the video probably don't have enough experience actually paying taxes to know what would benefit them or their family. eg: they probably don't know how much the standard deduction is --or even what it is-- and whether doubling it would exceed what they would lose in existing state tax deductions.

Very true and then again they were given the liberal (tax credit to the poor aka free money to ppl who barely pay taxes) part of the plan except for replealing of the death tax and we are suprised that they mistook it for Bernie's tax plan.

Krugminator2
10-25-2017, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fTsF5BiSM

Peter Schiff asking Democratic delegates at the convention if they would be in favor of banning profits so that the workers got more money is still the all time classic. I remember he said 50% he talked to were in favor of either an outright ban or capping profits.

CaptUSA
10-25-2017, 10:14 AM
College kids love Trump's tax plan, when they are told it is Bernie Sanders' tax plan

That doesn't say much for college kids; but it really doesn't say much for Trump's tax plan.

http://i.quoteaddicts.com/media/q1/1205181.png

It's not really a tax plan - more of a Make America Smell Funny lever! @MASF!