PDA

View Full Version : Iowa does not want college votes....

puppetmaster
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071211/OPINION01/712110372

matthylland
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
over caffeinated?? Ill be sure to chug a few red bulls before i vote.....

theseus51
12-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I think your title is misleading. It's not that they don't want college votes, they don't want out of state college votes.

Ron Paul Fan
12-11-2007, 02:18 PM
They don't want Ron Paul to win. That's what they don't want.

puppetmaster
12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I think your title is misleading. It's not that they don't want college votes, they don't want out of state college votes.

well the students from out of state can and should vote. They spend many months there and a bunch of $$$$

krott5333
12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
They don't want Ron Paul to win. That's what they don't want.

Where did you get this?

You guys are always overreacting. The problem is not Ron Paul. I mean, sure, they referred to us as "over-caffeinated". You know, we are over-caffeinated, because we spend every waking hour pushing for our candidate. But that article took shots at everybody, and it also explained Barack Obama's open recommendation for out-of-stater's to participate.

Goldwater Conservative
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Where did you get this?

You guys are always overreacting. The problem is not Ron Paul. I mean, sure, they referred to us as "over-caffeinated". You know, we are over-caffeinated, because we spend every waking hour pushing for our candidate. But that article took shots at everybody, and it also explained Barack Obama's open recommendation for out-of-stater's to participate.

Why does that writer assume Paul is more likely to make use of such tactics? Romney has demonstrated a ready willingness to bus in "supporters" and buy himself as many votes as he legally can, while Paul supporters have worked under the honor system. What, is this because some of us have spammed online polls when they don't check IP addresses?

I really don't see why we're supposed to fear the candidate with the largest and most passionate grassroots over the establishment candidates who owe much of their money and "support" to special interests and corporate media.

Micahyah
12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
They are trying to prespin the Obama win and Paul coming in at least 3rd in Iowa.

This isn't what was supposed to happen. It was supposed to be Clinton and Romney because he's dropped so much money in the state.

Come Jan. 3 the media will try to say, don't worry, it will still be Romney or Giuliani vs. Hillary, don't mind what these voters say, etc.

The fight is just beginning!

Alawn
12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Most college students don't bother getting a new driver's license even though they live in the state for 3/4 of the year. I went to school in state but nobody I knew from out of state got a new license even if they stayed there for the summer.