PDA

View Full Version : Trump is promising to help pay legal costs for White House staffers in Russia probe

Zippyjuan
10-21-2017, 07:31 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-promising-pay-legal-costs-white-house-staffers/story?id=50634371

Basically passing along money the Republican National Committee gave to him for his own expenses. (why did the billionaire need money to help pay his bills?)

President Trump has promised to help cover the mounting legal costs for White House staff members caught up in the investigations of Russia's alleged interference in the 2016 presidential election, a White House official told ABC News.

The official's account confirmed a report today by Axios that Trump has promised to help White House staff members pay legal costs connected with the probe of Russia's alleged election meddling and of any possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign.

The news of Trump's offer comes a few weeks after it was disclosed that the Republican National Committee spent about $430,000 in August covering legal costs for President Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. in connection to the Russia probe.

The RNC spent more than $230,000 in August on the president's legal costs in the matter. The committee also paid nearly $200,000 on legal fees for Trump Jr.

angelatc
10-21-2017, 07:56 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-promising-pay-legal-costs-white-house-staffers/story?id=50634371

Basically passing along money the Republican National Committee gave to him for his own expenses. (why did the billionaire need money to help pay his bills?)

Why do you think he needs money? You don't think employers should reimburse expenses related to their employment?

Zippyjuan
10-21-2017, 08:34 PM
Why do you think he needs money? You don't think employers should reimburse expenses related to their employment?

Just wondering why the Republican National Committee paid legal fees for Trump and his son. Surely they could afford to pay for it themselves. It would leave them more money to support candidates.

dannno
10-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Just wondering why the Republican National Committee paid legal fees for Trump and his son. Surely they could afford to pay for it themselves. It would leave them more money to support candidates.

I think the DNC and the media should apologize for lying and pay all of the fees.

angelatc
10-21-2017, 09:06 PM

The DNC should pay for it, since they're the geniuses that created this fiction.

sparebulb
10-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Just wondering why the Republican National Committee paid legal fees for Trump and his son.

Silly me, and here I thought that you were still suffering from sour grapes that your gal Hill didn't win.

I totally discounted the possibility that you always stand up for truth and right.

I won't underestimate your integrity in the future.

/s

silverhandorder
10-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Who cares? All I care is that the staffers are protected. Oh and maybe hang some dems while we at it.