PDA

View Full Version : CIA Urges Trump To Delay Release Of 3,000 Never-Before-Seen Documents On JFK Assassination

timosman
10-19-2017, 08:29 PM
http://theduran.com/cia-urges-potus-trump-to-delay-release-of-3000-never-before-seen-documents-on-assassination-of-john-f-kennedy/

October 17, 2017

https://i1.wp.com/theduran.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/John-F.-Kennedy.jpg

More than 3,000 never-before-seen documents from the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department on the assassination of John F. Kennedy are scheduled be released, with many experts fearing that such a large release of secret JFK assassination documents will spur “a new generation of conspiracy theories.”

According to Roger Stone, the CIA is urging President Donald Trump to delay disclosing some of the files for another 25 years.

Roger Stone said in a post on his website…

“They must reflect badly on the CIA even though virtually everyone involved is long dead.”

Newsmax reports:

More than 3,000 never-before-seen documents from the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department are set to be released, along with 30,000 that have only been partially released in the past. The document dump “will simply fuel a new generation of conspiracy theories,” write Philip Shenon and Larry J. Sabato.

Sabato is the director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics and author of “The Kennedy Half-Century” and Shenon is a former reporter for the New York Times and author of, “A Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy Assassination.”

The CIA is urging President Donald Trump to delay disclosing some of the files for another 25 years according to friend and political adviser Roger Stone but the National Archives would not say whether any agencies have appealed the release of the documents.

According to The Gateway Pundit Roger Stone and Gerald Posner, two New York Times bestselling authors who are polar opposites about who killed JFK, have joined together to urge Donald Trump to release all the remaining classified files on Kennedy’s assassination.

About 3,100 files are still sealed in the National Archives. Under the 1992 JFK Records Act, the Archives have until October 26 to decide which of those files to publicly disclose.

Some of the classified documents include a CIA personality study of Oswald, top-secret testimony of former CIA officers to congressional committees, transcripts of interrogations with Soviet defector and Oswald handler Yuri Nosenko, letters about the case from J. Edgar Hoover and Jackie Kennedy, the CIA file on Jack Wasserman, the attorney for New Orleans mob boss Carlos Marcello, and the operational file of E. Howard Hunt, career spy and Watergate burglar.

Roger Stone, in his bestselling 2013 The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ, set forth the case that LBJ was the mastermind of plot that included the CIA, the Mob and Big Texas Oil to kill Kennedy.

Gerald Posner, in his 1993 bestselling finalist for the Pulitzer for History, Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK, concluded that the Warren Commission conclusions are correct and Oswald acting alone had killed Kennedy.

While they might not agree on who killed Kennedy, Stone and Posner are longstanding advocates for the release of all the government files on the assassination.

“These files should have been released long ago,” says Posner. “The government does this all the time, over classified documents and then holds on to them for decades under the guise of ‘national security.’ All the secrecy just feeds people’s suspicions that the government has something to hide and adds fuel to conspiracy theories.” Posner is convinced the case will still be closed when the last document is made public.

”I know CIA Director Pompeo is urging the President to delay release of these records for another 25 years,” said Stone. “They must reflect badly on the CIA even though virtually everyone involved is long dead.” Stone believes the evidence supporting the case in his book is still hidden somewhere in government files.

Both authors called on President Trump – who is empowered to make the final decision should the National Archives or CIA balk on releasing all the files – to opt for transparency.

Raginfridus
10-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Truly the sign of shitty government must be their fear of conspiracy theorists.

After all g-men, if you got nothing to hide...

http://framingham-police.org/images/nothing-to-hide.jpg

Swordsmyth
10-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Oldest con job in the business: Please don't throw me in that briar patch

Now everybody will believe what gets released.

oyarde
10-19-2017, 09:23 PM
I will just take Hunts file and Marcello's lawyers file .

Raginfridus
10-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Oldest con job in the business: Please don't throw me in that briar patch

Now everybody will believe what gets released.

Would that at least make Trump an accessory?

Swordsmyth
10-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Would that at least make Trump an accessory?

Or a patsy.

kpitcher
10-19-2017, 09:33 PM
JFK was changed to a black guy and was living with Elvis for awhile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qo74_L3vo

Raginfridus
10-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Although for a cut-throat, New York business man with an allegedly high IQ, he sure gets conned a lot. :P

I will just take Hunts file and Marcello's lawyers file .
http://www.legacyofsecrecy.com/images/newest-marcello-confession.jpg

Swordsmyth
10-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Although for a cut-throat, New York business man with an allegedly high IQ, he sure gets conned a lot. :P

They only need him to reject their pleas, so someone else whispers in his ear that that they are the bad guys (quite true) and that the truth should come out (also true) then he plays the big bad populist and defies them by releasing the partially or completely altered evidence, he would have no way to check out their authenticity, no one would, the events are too old.

My guess as to what lies (pun intended) in the briar patch? RUSSIA DID IT, MAYBE PUTIN HIMSELF.

shakey1
10-20-2017, 07:48 AM
I'm sure it will all be properly redacted.

http://www.whale.to/b/doc24.gif

TheTexan
10-20-2017, 09:50 AM
This was such a tragedy when it happened. I will always remember where I was, when I saw the documentary for this on TV.

Created4
10-21-2017, 10:16 AM
JFK to 911 Everything Is A Rich Man's Trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Qt6a-vaNM

Long film by a British film producer, but well worth the time to invest in watching. Backed up with a lot of footage - best piece I have ever seen on the subject.

Brian4Liberty
10-21-2017, 11:00 AM
How long will they delay releasing the files on Obama, Hillary, Wasserman-Schultz, Becerra and the Awan brothers?

FSP-Rebel
10-21-2017, 11:08 AM

Champ
10-21-2017, 05:23 PM
According to his Twitter, he will let release happen.

Raginfridus
10-21-2017, 06:04 PM
How long will they delay releasing the files on Obama, Hillary, Wasserman-Schultz, Becerra and the Awan brothers?
~ 60 years

Raginfridus
10-21-2017, 06:05 PM
This was such a tragedy when it happened. I will always remember where I was, when I saw the documentary for this on TV.

bullshit, you were in grassy knoll

AZJoe
10-24-2017, 11:01 AM
J.G. Hornberger’s take: Continued Coverup (https://www.fff.org/2017/10/23/predict-trump-will-continue-cias-jfk-assassination-cover/)

Last Friday, President Trump made the following announcement … : Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.” (Italics added.)
The operative words, of course, are: “Subject to the receipt of further information….”

What is going on here?
Negotiations. The art of the deal. The CIA desperately does not want to show the American people its long-secret JFK-related records. It has asked Trump to continue keeping at least some of them secret notwithstanding the passage of more than 50 years since the Kennedy assassination. …

in Washington, D.C., when someone asks someone else for a favor, the person who is in a position to grant the favor demands something in return. That’s where the negotiations between Trump and the CIA come into play. Trump wants something in return. We don’t know what … but his announcement last Friday is obviously part of the concluding steps of such negotiations.

What Trump has done with his announcement is send a clear message to the CIA: “Give me what I want and I’ll give you want you want. Otherwise, I will let all your cherished long-secret records relating to the JFK assassination be shown to the American people.”

Make no mistake about it: A deal is about to be made. The CIA will cave. … And once the CIA gives Trump what he wants, he will cave and give the CIA the continued secrecy …

The CIA has asked the president to continue secrecy of records that are more than 50 years old … The CIA’s ground? “National security” of course, the two most important and meaningless words in the American political lexicon. … The CIA says that releasing its decades-old JFK records will reveal secret “methods” of intelligence gathering. Really? What, like the CIA was using typewriters instead of computers and pay telephones instead of cell phones?

What is amazing (or not) is the extreme nonchalance of the mainstream media to the CIA’s request for continued secrecy. That should be big news. It’s essentially an admission of guilt, given that it is absolutely ludicrous to think that “national security” would be threatened by the release of the CIA’s long-secret JFK-assassination-related records. …

Oswald … said he was being framed. Yet, from the very beginning, the mainstream media has never given any serious consideration to the possibility that Oswald was framed …

why the CIA was closely monitoring Oswald’s movements prior to the assassination …

The first organization that came out with a press release advertising Oswald’s bona fides was the DRE, an anti-communist group in New Orleans with which Oswald had had contact. What no one knew at the time, and what the CIA intentionally kept secret for decades, was that the DRE was a CIA front organization. It was being generously funded by the CIA and controlled by a secret CIA agent named George Joannides, which the CIA would intentionally keep secret from the Warren Commission in the 1960s, the House Select Committee in the 1970s, and the Assassination Records Review Board in the 1990s. …

another big operation … Oswald’s trip to Mexico City, where he visited the Cuban and Soviet embassies … the official investigation into it was quickly shut down during the early post-assassination period. Today, Oswald’s Mexico City trip, which is part of those CIA records ready to be released, is still shrouded in mystery. …

its ridiculous claim of “national security.” … there has to be a reason why the CIA chose to keep this particular batch of records secret for more than 50 years. Those long-secret records undoubtedly include small bits of important circumstantial evidence … [?] the mosaic of a regime-change operation that took place in Dallas in November 1963 [?] …

In 1953, the CIA was in the process of developing a top-secret manual on assassinations (http://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB4/ciaguat2.html), one that showed that the CIA was specializing not only in the art of assassination but also in the art of covering up its role in state-sponsored assassinations. …

Raginfridus
10-24-2017, 11:40 AM
If our government could brainstorm and the DOD ratify something as idiotic and evil as Operation Northwoods, they can certainly kill presidents.

ds21089
10-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Conspiracies of the past to distract us from the conspiracies of the present....

Mordan
10-24-2017, 02:28 PM
good on Trump. a true hero.

phill4paul
10-24-2017, 02:33 PM

The word "hero" has truly lost all meaning.

ds21089
10-24-2017, 03:25 PM

Lol. Assuming what is released isn't some altered disinformation which they've had years to prepare for and it truly reveals corruption of the past, what good do you think would come of it? Why is Trump more focused on "exposing corruption" from events years ago that cant be changed when he could expose corruption of things currently going on now..oh because he's involved in that corruption.. that's why.

Look over to the shiny object on the left, as I screw you over from the right.

timosman
10-25-2017, 11:45 PM
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/so-interesting-donald-trump-reveals-classified-jfk-assassination-files-will-be-released-today-a3668161.html

Donald Trump has revealed the much-anticipated files on the assassination of John F Kennedy will be released today.

The president hyped up the classified files as “so interesting” in a tweet announcing their release.

He wrote: 923277142271684609
The final batch of files is expected to reveal details of the investigation into the assassination.

They were scheduled to be released by Thursday as a result of a 1990s law and Mr Trump chose not to block their release.

The trove is expected to include more than 3,000 documents that have never been seen by the public and more than 30,000 that have been previously released but with redactions.

The anticipated release has had scholars and armchair detectives buzzing. But it's unlikely the documents will contain any big revelations on a tragedy that has stirred conspiracy theories for decades, Judge John Tunheim told The Associated Press.

Mr Tunheim was chairman of the independent agency in the 1990s that made public many assassination records and decided how long others could remain secret.

The files reportedly represent one per cent of the total number of files in the investigation.

President Kennedy was shot dead in Dallas in 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald. It is thought the files could relate to Oswald’s trip to Mexico City weeks before the killing.

kpitcher
10-27-2017, 12:17 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jfk-assassination-files/release-jfk-assassination-file-delayed-deadline-looms-n814691

Under a 1992 law inspired by the conspiracist movie "JFK," the National Archives was supposed to have released all of the remaining records by midnight ET — unless President Donald Trump objected on national security grounds.

In the end, the president allowed the release of 2,891 of at least 3,140 documents, with the rest subject to a 180-day review of redactions from objecting agencies. The White House said later that the remaining records would be released "on a rolling basis in the coming weeks."

They've only had 25 years to get those files ready for release...

Weston White
10-27-2017, 02:33 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/69/32/bb693271989ae5d4dcb00e67a8458dde.jpg

devil21
10-27-2017, 02:37 AM
Errr......just heard that only 50 pages of the total release is new material.

Sending researchers down an old rabbit hole?

TheCount
10-27-2017, 03:06 AM

Sig material.

timosman
10-27-2017, 04:49 AM
Sig material.

A reflection of reality we all live in. :cool:

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 06:30 AM
So nearly 300 pages were withheld and circulated through the intel complex for further redactions?

http://framingham-police.org/images/nothing-to-hide.jpg

EBounding
10-27-2017, 07:01 AM
So nearly 300 pages were withheld and circulated through the intel complex for further redactions?

Trump is a hero for protecting us from scary information.

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 07:20 AM
Yes. He's probably congratulating himself with a hero montage as we speak... or a twitter barrage.

euphemia
10-27-2017, 07:35 AM
Don’t put this on Trump.

EBounding
10-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Don’t put this on Trump.

Why? I heard he's the President or something.

TheCount
10-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Yes. He's probably congratulating himself with a hero montage as we speak... or a twitter barrage.
He told his aides to give him a standing ovation in the oval office.

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 07:58 AM
+ rep if I could :D

He needs an ovation track like sitcoms use laugh tracks.

timosman
10-27-2017, 09:08 AM
+ rep if I could :D

He needs an ovation track like sitcoms use laugh tracks.

Does he leave a body count as he moves through life?:cool:

euphemia
10-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Why? I heard he's the President or something.

No other president released the information.

timosman
10-27-2017, 09:13 AM

But Trump does it only so the laugh track can be played.:rolleyes:

timosman
10-27-2017, 09:14 AM
Are you seeing it yet or should I use a pointer?;)

euphemia
10-27-2017, 09:21 AM

Nancy Pelosi demands applause from her audiences.

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Does he leave a body count as he moves through life?:cool:Every day we don't leave the ME he's at least an accessory.

Nancy Pelosi demands applause from her audiences.She's also a cunt.

timosman
10-27-2017, 10:03 AM
Every day we don't leave the ME he's at least an accessory.

Let me rephrase the question: Does he leave a covert body count? In other words, does he pretend he is something he is not and whack the people who disagree?

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Let me rephrase the question: Does he leave a covert body count? In other words, does he pretend he is something he is not and whack the people who disagree?
Dunno. He's less than a year into his presidency and he's had a crack legal team most his adult life. Maybe he knows where to find Hoffa? :P

timosman
10-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Dunno. He's less than a year into his presidency and he's had a crack legal team most his adult life. Maybe he knows where to find Hoffa? :P

So, you are just being cautious and avoid displaying too much enthusiasm until all the facts are known? ;)

kpitcher
10-27-2017, 11:26 AM

The law passed in 1992 made the info public this year without presidential consent, UNLESS the president didn't want it released. So actually Trump has to do nothing and it gets released. What required actual work on Trump's part was to withhold the 300 or so documents that needs to be censored some more.

timosman
10-27-2017, 11:30 AM
The law passed in 1992 made the info public this year without presidential consent, UNLESS the president didn't want it released. So actually Trump has to do nothing and it gets released. What required actual work on Trump's part was to withhold the 300 or so documents that needs to be censored some more.

What a tough crowd. If Ron Paul did it, everybody would be jumping up and down. :rolleyes:

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 11:53 AM
So, you are just being cautious and avoid displaying too much enthusiasm until all the facts are known? ;)I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but... let's just say I'm thoroughly desensitized to most surprises. :D

Zippyjuan
10-27-2017, 12:27 PM

The information was due to be released whomever was president this year. Trump could only stop the release.

timosman
10-27-2017, 12:34 PM
The information was due to be released whomever was president this year. Trump could only stop the release.

Thank you for clarifying Trump had nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:

Mordan
10-27-2017, 01:20 PM

yes. exactly. The intention. The fact documents are redacted by the CIA is beyond his powers.

Those lame know it all snikering jackasses here weren't forced to eat crow after Trump won the GOP nomination AND the presidency.

Zippyjuan
10-27-2017, 01:22 PM

He prefers to tweet them to death.

dannno
10-27-2017, 01:26 PM
He prefers to tweet them to death.

Literally Hitler.

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Literally Hitler.Hitler didn't drink alcohol; Trump doesn't drink alcohol...

EBounding
10-27-2017, 01:45 PM
yes. exactly. The intention. The fact documents are redacted by the CIA is beyond his powers.

Who has the power exactly?

Zippyjuan
10-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Legally, the President can declassify whatever he wants to. http://uchicagolaw.typepad.com/faculty/2006/04/presidential_de.html

In this case, Trump said prior to the release that he would release it all subject to what the intelligence community said was OK so he deferred to them.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/21/15/458AA67B00000578-0-image-a-76_1508595104136.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jfk-assassination-files-cia-fbi-among-agencies-lobbying-trump-to-delay-release-of-some-files/

JFK assassination files: CIA, FBI among agencies lobbying Trump to delay release of some files

There has been late lobbying by various agencies of the U.S. government asking President Trump to hold off on releasing some of the John F. Kennedy assassination documents, and the White House was reportedly receptive to some of those requests.

The White House will release 2,800 of the JFK assassination documents Thursday, with the release of other redacted records postponed for 180 days, so that they can be reviewed, White House officials said during a conference call Thursday afternoon.

The requests – some of which were registered a couple of months ago and some more recently -- come from agencies throughout the government including the CIA and FBI.

Some of the worry seems to center around documents created in the 1990's, when the congressional committee was crafting the legislation setting Thursday as the release date.

Multiple officials at multiple agencies tells CBS News there is concern the documents may reveal sources and operations from the near past and include current people or operations. Of particular concern, according to officials, are names in the documents.

A spokesperson for the CIA told CBS News the agency welcomes the president's directive to further review the records to identify any additional information that can be released. The spokesman said every single one of the remaining roughly 18,000 CIA records will ultimately be released, with no document withheld in full. The CIA wants to protect the identity of CIA assets and current and former CIA officers, as well as intelligence methods and partnerships that are still relevant.

dannno
10-27-2017, 02:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

TheCount
10-27-2017, 02:10 PM
The fact documents are redacted by the CIA is beyond his powers.
Your ignorance is astounding.

Raginfridus
10-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Legally, the President can declassify whatever he wants to. http://uchicagolaw.typepad.com/faculty/2006/04/presidential_de.html

In this case, Trump said prior to the release that he would release it all subject to what the intelligence community said was OK so he deferred to them.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/21/15/458AA67B00000578-0-image-a-76_1508595104136.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jfk-assassination-files-cia-fbi-among-agencies-lobbying-trump-to-delay-release-of-some-files/To be fair, US citizens have the same rights as any president. FOIA didn't make bureaucracy any less a pain in the ass (just ask muckrock), and I reckon its just as easy for bureaucrats to stymie presidents as well as any other citizen.

enhanced_deficit
10-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Our empire is only few centuries old, not mature enough yet to handle this kind of sensitive information. Let's wait few more decades.

Suzanimal
10-28-2017, 03:14 PM
CIA Considered Bombing Miami and Killing Refugees to Blame Castro

Donald Trump's bold promises earlier this week to finally blow the lid off the JFK assassination mystery by declassifying reams of secret documents turned out to be a gigantic tease. The National Archives ended up making public only a fraction of the JFK documents last night.

Still, the 2,800 papers included in the new document dump confirm some salacious details of America's decades-long quest to kill or depose Fidel Castro — including a fairly shocking plan by the CIA to sow terror in Miami.

After Castro's revolution succeeded and thousands of Cubans fled to South Florida, the agency actually considered murdering a boatload of refugees, assassinating exile leaders, and planting bombs in Miami — all so Castro could be blamed for the chaos.

The basic idea was to turn world opinion against Castro and possibly justify a U.S. military invasion by pinning the atrocities on him. The details of the sinister plot are included in a summary about Operation Mongoose, a 1960 covert op hatched by the CIA under President Dwight Eisenhower with the aim of toppling Communist Cuba.

The campaign was included in a report on "pretexts" the U.S. could conjure up to justify a military intervention in Cuba. The paper was sent by Gen. Edward Landsdale, a top Cold War officer who worked with the CIA to plot out Operation Mongoose; he sent the report, which included nine other "pretexts," on April 12, 1962, to Gen. Maxwell Taylor, who would soon become chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Here's how the report described the plan:

https://images1.miaminewtimes.com/imager/u/745xauto/9782719/cubanexiles.png

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/jfk-docs-cia-plotted-to-bomb-miami-kill-refugees-and-blame-castro-9782696

phill4paul
10-28-2017, 03:31 PM
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/jfk-docs-cia-plotted-to-bomb-miami-kill-refugees-and-blame-castro-9782696

A government capable of planning it, is capable of implementing it. Everyone involved in this conception should have served time. But, ya see, there are no conspiracies, according to some. For some it is inconceivable that those in the top level of government could conspire to create war, or change public opinion, in such a way. It just can't happen and everything is at it is portrayed.

Suzanimal
10-28-2017, 04:06 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2017/10/26/20171027_jfkpara3_0.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-27/one-paragraph-you-need-read-jfk-assassination-files-may-change-everything

Suzanimal
10-28-2017, 04:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNKLROxUEAIAHGJ.jpg:large

Raginfridus
10-28-2017, 07:11 PM
https://youtu.be/K7y2xPucnAo

Danke
10-28-2017, 08:24 PM
A government capable of planning it, is capable of implementing it. Everyone involved in this conception should have served time. But, ya see, there are no conspiracies, according to some. For some it is inconceivable that those in the top level of government could conspire to create war, or change public opinion, in such a way. It just can't happen and everything is at it is portrayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROwxGR85YY

timosman
10-28-2017, 09:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROwxGR85YY

Clinton says it was Osama plus 19 people from Saudi Arabia. That's why we had to attack Iraq.;)

Mordan
10-29-2017, 05:19 AM
Your ignorance is astounding.

hey dummy. if documents were redacted before Trump presidency? And if Trump orders Do not redact documents... That won't prevent CIA deep state shills to redact them anyways.

Agree?

Ender
10-29-2017, 09:24 AM
The JFK Cover-Up Continues

By Jacob G. Hornberger

The Future of Freedom Foundation

October 28, 2017

While the mainstream media was announcing for the past two weeks that President Trump was going to release the CIA’s long-secret records on the JFK assassination, I took a different position. On Monday of this week, I predicted that Trump would make a deal with the CIA that would enable the CIA to continue its cover-up of the JFK assassination. (See “I Predict Trump Will Continue the CIA’s JFK Assassination Cover-Up” and “No Smoking Guns in the JFK Records?”)

On Thursday, the day of the deadline established by law for releasing the records, Trump granted the CIA’s request for continued secrecy, on grounds of “national security,” more than 50 years after the Kennedy assassination.

Please, don’t start calling me Nostradamus. A blind man could see what was happening. Donald “Art of the Deal” Trump was obviously negotiating all week with the CIA, and he was obviously pushing to get what he wanted all the way up to the very last day. On Thursday, the deadline established by law for releasing the records, the CIA undoubtedly blinked and Trump presumably got what he wanted in return for granting the CIA request for continued secrecy.

Some mainstream media commentators are criticizing the CIA for waiting until the very last day to make its case for continued secrecy. Displaying their naivete, they demonstrate their lack of understanding about how things work in Washington, D.C. As I indicated in my Monday article, when someone in the federal government needs a favor from someone else, the someone else is going to ask for something in return.

The fact is that the CIA put in its request to Trump for continued secrecy of its JFK records long before yesterday. But “Art of the Deal” Trump obviously sat on the request, undoubtedly hoping that he could get what he wanted in return if he just continued holding out and conveying that he was ready to release the records.

Don’t forget: According to Trump’s own tweets, he had already ostensibly decided to deny the CIA’s request for secrecy before the Thursday deadline:

Trump tweet sent on Saturday, October 21: “Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.”

Trump tweet sent on Wednesday, October 25: “The long anticipated release of the #JFKFiles will take place tomorrow. So interesting!

Now, it’s theoretically possible that the CIA presented Trump with some earthshattering new information on the Thursday deadline that showed that the United States would fall into the ocean if Americans were finally permitted to see the CIA’s long-secret JFK records. But how likely is that? Not likely at all!

Instead, it is a virtual certainly that when Art of the Deal Trump sent out those two tweets, he was sending a message to the CIA as part of the negotiations: Give me what I want or I will release the records. In the negotiations, both Trump and the CIA knew that Trump was in the catbird seat.

In the end, the CIA blinked, just as Trump knew it would. Contrary to what the mainstream press is asserting, the records undoubtedly contain more incriminating circumstantial evidence that fills in the mosaic of a U.S. national-security regime-change operation on November 22, 1963. That’s what the mainstream media, forever wedded to the official story no matter how ridiculous and illogical it is, simply cannot bring themselves to confront.

Trump knew that he had the CIA over a barrel. As I indicated in my two articles this week, the CIA was between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, it could refuse to grant Trump what he wanted and let the records be released, which it knew would point to the CIA’s guilt in the assassination. On the other hand, it could give Trump what he wanted and have to suffer the obvious inference that people would draw — that the CIA was continuing to cover up incriminatory evidence.

What did the CIA give Trump in return for Trump’s extending the CIA’s 50-year-plus secrecy? We don’t know, but my hunch is that it pertains to Russia. Here’s my next prediction: the congressional investigations into Trump’s supposed “collusion” with Russia are about to fizzle out. That’s because I believe that the CIA, as part of its deal with Trump, will order its assets in Congress to cease and desist with respect to that investigation. In my opinion, that’s the price the CIA had to pay in return for its continued cover-up of its U.S. regime-change operation in November 1963.

Notice something else about the deal that Trump has presumably made with the CIA: The secrecy arrangement extends only to April. Ostensibly, the next six months are needed to carefully review the records to determine whether the records really to relate to “national security.”

Not surprisingly, the mainstream media isn’t even questioning that ludicrous notion. For more than 50 years, the CIA has known why it has wanted those particular records to be kept secret. During the term of the Assassination Records Review Board in the 1990s, the CIA decided to keep these particular records secret for another 25 years. There are bound to be lots of CIA memoranda detailing why it was imperative to keep these particular records secret for as long as possible. Finally, the CIA made its request for secrecy to Trump at least several weeks ago. The notion that the CIA suddenly hit Trump yesterday with a new argument as to why “national security” would be threatened, after Trump had supposedly already rejected the arguments that had been presented to him, causing Trump to suddenly change his mind, is, well, laughable.

So, why the April deadline? Why not extend the secrecy for another 25 years, which is undoubtedly what the CIA wanted?

Because Trump obviously needed collateral to ensure that the CIA complied with its part of the deal. If Trump had extended the secrecy for 25 years, he would have lost leverage to ensure that the CIA complied with its part of the bargain. Let’s say, hypothetically, that I’m right: that the CIA agreed to use its assets in Congress to shut down the Russia investigation. To make certain that the CIA fulfills its part of the bargain, Trump would need the April deadline so that the threat of the records release would continue hanging over the CIA. If the CIA fails to fulfill its part of the bargain, Trump releases the records in April. If the CIA squelches the Russia investigations, Trump grants another extension of time in April.

Let’s state the obvious: The CIA records that are still being suppressed have nothing to do with “national security.” They have everything to do with covering up the CIA’s role in the U.S. national-security regime-change operation that took place in Dallas in November 1963, which succeeded in ousting from power a president who was, in the eyes of the U.S. national-security establishment, engaged in actions The CIA, Terrorism, an... Jacob Hornberger Check Amazon for Pricing. that constituted a grave threat to “national security,” i.e., befriending the Russians (i.e., the Soviets) and Cubans and entering into peaceful coexistence with the communist world.

In other words, unlike Lee Harvey Oswald, who had absolutely no motive to kill President Kennedy, the national security establishment did have motive, a powerful motive, the same motive that motivated the CIA and Pentagon to target other political leaders for regime change or assassination around that time, such as Mohamad Mossadegh, Jacobo Arbenz, Patrice Lumumba (who Kennedy admired), Fidel Castro, and Salvador Allende. For a more detailed analysis of motive, read FFF’s ebook JFK’s War with the National Security Establishment: Why Kennedy Was Assassinated by Douglas Horne, who served on the staff of the Assassination Records Review Board in the 1990s.

Immediately upon the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald, the official account was that this was just a lone nut, former U.S. Marine communist who decided, for no apparent reason, to assassinate Kennedy.

One big problem is the official story, however, requires a suspension of logic and common sense. For anyone who has a mindset of conformity and deference to authority, that story makes sense because nothing is questioned or challenged. For anyone who has a critical, analytical, independent mindset, the official story is filled with holes.

For example, how many communist Marines have you ever heard of? Why would a genuine communist join the Marines in the first place, especially since the Marines had just recently killed millions of North Korean communists? Why would a genuine communist join the Marines knowing that he could be called upon at any moment to go to Korea, Laos, Vietnam, Europe, or elsewhere to kill fellow communists? How many communists do you know who like to kill fellow communists?

It gets better.

After Oswald supposedly tried to defect to the Soviet Union and promised U.S. Embassy officials in Moscow that he was going to deliver classified information to the Soviet Union, which was America’s sworn Cold War enemy (and former World War II partner and ally), U.S. officials permitted him to return home with a Red wife, without even one grand-jury summons or even an iota of harassment.

Think about Martin Luther King, John Walker Lindh, Edward Snowden, the U.S. Communist Party, or the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. Think about how the U.S. national-security establishment treats what it suspects are communists or traitors. It skewers them. Why, just look at how they call Julian Assange a traitor and he isn’t even an American. Recall the McCarthy hearings. Dalton Trumbo. The entire U.S. anti-communist crusade, including Vietnam, which more than 58,000 U.S. soldiers died killing communists.

And they’re going to tell us that they just let Lee Harvey Oswald, a supposed self-avowed communist skate blissfully across the Cold War stage of history with nary any abuse or harassment at all? Don’t make me laugh.

Soon after the Warren Commission was established, Warren called a super-secret meeting of the commission to address information that had come into Warren’s possession. That information was that Oswald was actually working for U.S. intelligence. Yes, a spy, the type of people that work for the CIA. That would make sense, especially given that the Marine Corps is a prime recruiting place for the CIA. Semper fidelis!

Now, suddenly, all the circumstantial evidence in the Kennedy assassination falls into place. It begins to make sense. The mosaic starts to be filled out: They needed to get rid of Kennedy to protect national security and elevate Johnson, who had the same anti-communist mindset as the Pentagon and the CIA, to the presidency. Unlike JFK, who had begun withdrawing troops from Vietnam, Johnson would The Man Who Killed Ken... Roger Stone Check Amazon for Pricing. protect national security by sending more troops to Vietnam.

But to avoid detection, they needed a patsy, which is the term that Oswald used after his arrest. They needed to frame someone for the crime. And what better person to frame than a communist or an intelligence agent who the public would believe was a communist?

Part of the scheme, obviously, would be to establish Oswald’s communist bona fides. That’s why he was sent to New Orleans, where, contradictorily, he would work for a right-wing business owner, work with a right-wing former FBI agent, and conduct a public protest in favor of Fidel Castro and Cuba.

It was also why he was sent to Mexico City, where he would be ordered to visit the Cuban and Soviet Embassies, no doubt being told that he was being prepared for an important mission, maybe to enter Cuba to assassinate Castro.

But no government operation ever goes perfectly. Things obviously went dreadfully wrong with the Mexico City operation because the investigation into it after the assassination was quickly shut down. Today, it remains shrouded in mystery.

And guess what is included in the records that Trump has now agreed to continue suppressing. You guessed it! The CIA’s records relating to Mexico City!

Ever since the assassination, the CIA has argued that the release of any of its JFK records would threaten “national security.” One thing is for sure and undeniable: Despite the release of many of the CIA’s records in the 1990s and yesterday, the United States did not fall into the ocean or fall to the communists. And neither would it have done so if Trump had not granted the CIA’s request for a continued cover-up of what it did on November 22, 1963.

TheCount
10-29-2017, 01:25 PM
hey dummy. if documents were redacted before Trump presidency? And if Trump orders Do not redact documents... That won't prevent CIA deep state shills to redact them anyways.

Agree? How long will you keep deflecting blame from your Dear Leader by using that trope? Forever?

He's the President. Stop treating him like a toddler - even if he talks like one. It's not the deep state's problem that he's incapable of pulling on his big boy pants and actually following through.

timosman
10-29-2017, 03:27 PM
How long will you keep deflecting blame from your Dear Leader by using that trope? Forever?

He's the President. Stop treating him like a toddler - even if he talks like one. It's not the deep state's problem that he's incapable of pulling on his big boy pants and actually following through.

What are you talking about?:confused:

Mordan
10-29-2017, 04:57 PM
How long will you keep deflecting blame from your Dear Leader by using that trope? Forever?

Trump derangement syndrome alert.

Suzanimal
10-30-2017, 07:39 AM
Da fuq?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNRAG6eWAAUyZ5a.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNRSm9gW0AABajx.jpg

Suzanimal
10-30-2017, 07:45 AM

timosman
10-30-2017, 08:32 AM

To fuck with your brain. The number has increased significantly since then.

Suzanimal
10-30-2017, 08:41 AM
To fuck with your brain. The number has increased significantly since then.

They only suspected 40 in 1973 - there were probably more. I can't even imagine how many there are now.

Raginfridus
10-30-2017, 08:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDCfTIapds0

To $#@! with your brain. The number has increased significantly since then.In fairness to twatter man, >40 can mean all of them.

AZJoe
11-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Newly released records about Kennedy's assassination are a fraction of what remains — and some aren't even new (https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/27/jfk-records-rollout-judge-criticism-244257)

The federal judge who oversaw the collection of government documents on John F. Kennedy's assassination called it "disappointing" that President Donald Trump is holding back so many …

Thursday's release encompasses only a fraction of what had remained undisclosed in the National Archives. The final batch that scholars have been waiting for total more than 3,100 files that had previously been "withheld in full," …

All those documents were collected by Tunheim's Assassination Records Review Board, which Congress created in 1992 …
Thursday's released contained only 52 new documents that had previously been completely withheld — less than 2 percent of the total, said Rex Bradford, president of the nonprofit Mary Ferrell Foundation …

Thursday's release of 2,839 previously redacted documents accounts for less than 10 percent of what had remained in the Archives' files, …

And many of the "new" documents aren't even new … For example, the BBC (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-41773716) and other news outlets reported the revelation Friday that a British newspaper had gotten an anonymous tip about "some big news" in the U.S. just 25 minutes before Kennedy's assassination on Nov. 22, 1963. But a British research organization had unearthed (https://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/intro/search.cgi?zoom_query=oswald&zoom_page=2&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_and=1&zoom_sort=0&zoom_xml=0) that report in other files in 1995.

Another document (https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32263509.pdf) that generated early interest from the JFK assassination research community was an FBI memo from Nov. 24, 1963 … a remark by then-Director J. Edgar Hoover: “The thing I am concerned about is having something issued so that we can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin … But several scholars pointed out that a document … was made public decades ago …

"So a lot of what is being reported is old news," …

Still, a number of researchers intimately familiar with the government paper trail on the Kennedy case were dumbfounded at the government's inability or unwillingness to release more of the final documents by Thursday's deadline.

The 1992 law establishing the Assassination Records Review Board set a deadline of Oct. 26, 2017, to automatically release all remaining records, unless the president ordered them kept secret … "Why did this delay have to happen at the last minute?" … "The intelligence agencies have had 25 years to prepare."
"The original JFK act law specified immediate release of JFK records and only in the most rarest of occasions should there be a postponement or redactions," …

AZJoe
11-01-2017, 09:15 PM

AZJoe
11-01-2017, 09:19 PM
The Biggest Revelation Of The JFK File Releases Isn’t In The JFK Files (https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the-biggest-revelation-of-the-jfk-file-releases-isnt-in-the-jfk-files-df90345d954b)

Documents from half a century ago aren’t being withheld/redacted because of “national security”, they’re being withheld/redacted because of political security. Someone powerful did something appalling that is either directly or indirectly referenced in those documents, and the CIA and FBI don’t want mainstream Americans to know …

The biggest revelation from the JFK files is not in the files themselves, but in the fact that the FBI and the CIA still desperately need to keep secrets about something that happened 54 years ago. What we’ve seen in the files released thus far has been pretty tame in comparison — some documents (https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32403785.pdf) pertaining to CIA infiltration of the media which we already knew about (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird), some odd-sounding but justifiable comments from J Edgar Hoover (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-27/jfk-files-show-hoover-urged-need-convince-public-oswald-real-assassin) about how important it is to “convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin”, and police having been warned in advance (https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32263509.pdf) of a plot to kill Oswald. These pale in comparison to the importance of the fact that an event which happened half a century ago is still being aggressively shrouded in secrecy by intelligence agencies. …

Americans can clearly see from the withholding of the JFK files that they live in a nation with a second, secret government (https://theintercept.com/2017/08/05/whats-worse-trumps-campaign-agenda-or-empowering-generals-and-cia-operatives-to-subvert-it/) they never get to know much about, and the reason for that secrecy has nothing to do with national security. …

AZJoe
11-02-2017, 09:46 AM
oftwominds.com (http://www.oftwominds.com/blognov17/kennedy-deep-state11-17.html?fullweb=1http://www.oftwominds.com/blognov17/kennedy-deep-state11-17.html?fullweb=1) on the continued suppression of JFK files:

"Rather than protect the nation, these unaccountable and uncontrollable agencies have endangered the nation behind their Iron Curtain of secrecy, a convenient cloak which masks their hubris, incompetence, pettiness and complicity in cover-ups of the truth that cannot be revealed to the American public lest it embarrass the powerful.

Imagine Harvey Weinstein wielding a "top secret" stamp to block any exposure of the uncomfortable truth and you have the FBI, CIA and NSA. …

AZJoe
04-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Trump Continues Suppression of Additional JFK Assassination Records to 2021 (https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/26/politics/jfk-assassination-records-deadline-2021/index.html)

timosman
04-23-2019, 12:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE8ayEEobKk

Occam's Banana
08-30-2023, 08:40 AM
According to his Twitter, he will let release happen.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/921716470140325889
https://i.imgur.com/oX4nVan.png

From the Department of Déjà Vu All Over Again:

https://twitter.com/IanJaeger29/status/1696292471171355134
https://i.imgur.com/hBZXj70.png

acptulsa
08-30-2023, 08:55 AM
Do I support a candidate running on his own recycled lies?

Does it matter if I object or not?

buck000
08-30-2023, 10:37 AM
I'm tempted to hope that RFK Jr. becomes President if only to see the CIA records and get some kind of closure...

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2023, 10:43 AM
From the Department of Déjà Vu All Over Again:

https://twitter.com/IanJaeger29/status/1696292471171355134
https://i.imgur.com/hBZXj70.png

I will hold my breath waiting for that...