PDA

View Full Version : Here it is!! The big secret from HQ! New Ron Paul Book!

greves
12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/Cover%20front.jpg

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017616.html

"As we enter the Bush Depression, with a rapacious and incompetent federal government seizing ever more of our incomes, and ruining the dollar and the American future, one man in the public sphere has been warning about and fighting against runaway spending, inflation, taxes, and regulation for more than 30 years, and that is, of course, Ron Paul. Now that he has been proven right in the present crisis, he also shows us the economic path to reform and restoration. Coming soon from the Mises Institute, Ron Paul's thrilling 500-page manifesto of free markets, prosperity, a healthy dollar, private property,and social peace. There is hope! Watch this space for more information."

Sorry if you're disappointed, but wait until this baby hits store shelves. It's going to be at the front on the display in every Border's, Barnes & Noble, and so on across the country - right next to Clinton's "A Woman In Charge" and Obama's "The Audacity of Hope".

How do you think that Clinton and Obama catapult into the forefront of the minds of all those upper-middle class liberals: schoolteachers, doctors, lawyers...? They write these kinds of books, and then people read them and get all teary-eyed and think how great it will be to have them as President. Well, Ron Paul's new book is going to absolutely blow them out of the water! In this gigantic 500 page monster, he's going to detail exactly what is wrong with America today, and exactly how he plans to fix it once he gets in office. This is going to be the manual that everyone can read to find out how to fix this country, and he's going to win over an absolutely INSANE amount of people with this book.

Just wait and see, but in my opinion we have this election in the bag as long as we keep doing what we're doing, and RP keeps doing what he's doing.

Edit: I have just heard that the book should be out by mid-January, although that is not yet confirmed. It will be out before Super Tuesday.

SonicInfinity
12-11-2007, 01:23 PM
i lol'D

rich34
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Uh....the primary is in starts in less than a month, they better hurry it up!

dsentell
12-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Exactly when is this going to hit the shelves ???

JPFromTally
12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
500 pages! What is this, "Atlas Shrugged"?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I hate to say this but I really hope that is not their actual strategy. I am interested and I would read it but let's be honest. How many other people do you honestly think will read this? I am the only person around here that would read the thing and I am even including others that I know personally who support Dr. Paul.

Ethek
12-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow, 500 pages. Thats impressive.

Mandrik
12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
If that isn't 500 pages of pictures, 90% of Americans won't bother to look at it.

greves
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I hate to say this but I really hope that is not their actual strategy. I am interested and I would read it but let's be honest. How many other people do you honestly think will read this? I am the only person around here that would read the thing and I am even including others that I know personally who support Dr. Paul.

We are college kids. Talking about 40 year old white collar working class, with this book. How many of them do you know on this forum? (No offense, I know there are some of you but not nearly as many as there need to be - that's what this book will do.)

greves
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
If that isn't 500 pages of pictures, 90% of Americans won't bother to look at it.

Luckily, 90% of Americans don't vote in the primaries, and the 10% that do read are most likely the ones who do.

curtisag
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
For this book to have any real impact, it would need to be released well before the early states have primaries. That time has already passed. But I'd love to read it.

tsetsefly

agree, at least it will make headlines once we make it #1 amazon and NYT list!

shrapnel88
is this seriously the big hyped-up strategy?

greves
12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
If you people don't read books then you don't know how big an impact this will have. Why do you think Barnes & Noble has 500 copies of Clinton's book stocked at all times in all their stores? Because people buy them, and read them - then they vote for Hillary. This is huge!

Quick
So the big plan was to release a 500 page book and hope that potential voters read it before they go out and vote with about a month until the voting starts?

Eh, I don't think so. Or, atleast, I sure as hell hope not because I'd be pretty disappointed. I mean, if this was coming out already then fine, but if this is the so called "big rumor that is so smart and will propel Ron Paul, then I'm not impressed. I didn't donate my money to Ron Paul so that he can write a book and have it published.

We still don't even have a straight answer is the rumor actually has any truth to it.

Kingfisher

Maybe 95%

tangent4ronpaul
just put a scantly clad Ron Paul girl on th cover and it will sell like hotcakes!

-n

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-11-2007, 01:36 PM
We are college kids. Talking about 40 year old white collar working class, with this book. How many of them do you know on this forum? (No offense, I know there are some of you but not nearly as many as there need to be - that's what this book will do.)

To be honest I was speaking about the people who are at least 40, middle class and white collar. That is the majority of who I know. It isnt that they are stupid but its that their idea of fun on a Friday night is not cuddling up with a manifesto about economics. Like I said, I personally like the book idea and would pick up a copy and read it as if it were the bible but we are the most hardcore supporters that he has so we would be expected to do this. Either I know my family, customers and fellow citizens too well or I have somehow lost all faith in the intellectual curiosity of my fellow Americans. I just dont see how this could be considered a strategy when 70% of our country is still trying to find waldo.

justinc.1089
12-11-2007, 01:36 PM

LOL!!!

That cracked me up, I really did laugh out loud a little at that. And pathetically its true too! sigh... :(:mad:

I don't think this is what the rumor was about though. It doesn't take a huge risk to write a book, so I doubt this is it.

shrapnel88
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
and this has nothing to do with bears!! lol.

jgmaynard
12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
This is actually quite clever- the talk shows all interview authors who have books coming out in the near future. Now what we need to do is see if we can pre-order it through all the major booksellers en masse. Running the pre-order of his new book up the bestseller lists will generate even more interest from the talk shows and get Ron lots of free publicity to people who don't follow politics. This all right before and during the early primaries. :)

JM

freedominnumbers
12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
LoL. A book premier would be the worst campaign tool ever. But a campaign could be the best book premier tool ever.

quickmike
12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Ok, first of all, who is publishing this book? Is it going to be something readily available in all bookstores or just something you will have to go to liberty orienten booksellers to get, and amazon?

The average american voter couldnt care less about reading books about the economic history of this country or a game plan about what needs to be done. No, the typical american likes soundbytes and little cutesy catch prases that they can file away in their 5 second attention span thoughts. When the most popular game show on TV is one that is centered around nothing but guessing which briefcase the big money is in, you know youre in trouble. No knowledge required, no weighing the options or calculating a decision based on information. It doesnt rely on any sort of thought process. The equivalent of throwing a dart at a map and deciding what town you want to live in. Thats what our country has become.

I dont mean to cheapen the Ron Paul message in any way, but if we want to get the attention of the average Joe out there, we need to start thinking of ways to do it. Clever little phrases that will make people think for a second about whats going on in this country.

you know, like the Ronald Reagan "bear in the woods" thing. Something the average knucklehead can wrap their brains around without frying too many brain cells.

If this book is really the campaigns "secret weapon" they might as well just piss in the wind.

sad to say, but absolutely true.

Jimmy
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
This is something they had to keep a BIG secret? Come on.....

greves
Harry Potter, anyone? What we need to is generate so much demand for this book that Barnes & Nobles will open at midnight just to sell it to 500 screaming RP supporters! :-D

curtisag
This idea is not risky or shocking. Campaigns release books all the time. This cannot be the super secret strategy. It doesn't even need to be a secret. And this isn't the first book from Ron.

hillertexas
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Ok, first of all, who is publishing this book? Is it going to be something readily available in all bookstores or just something you will have to go to liberty orienten booksellers to get, and amazon?

Yea...I would like to know this too.

Also,
How is this plan "risky" and how will it "play the MSM like a fiddle"?

RPinSEAZ
12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
This is in no way a "risky" or a "do or die" strategy. It's just someone wasting out time making more wild ass guesses. Why couldn't you keep this in the "wild speculation" thread like the rest of us?

philistineau
:confused:

Talk about negativity! It's like dealing with children.

Some of you need to grow up - it is as if the campaign can do not right.

Most people won't read it - that doesn't matter. Most of us WILL buy it (I instantly thought "I need to get a copy and get him to autograph it!").

That will mean it will get some prominent placement (I hope) in mainstream stores - I will be purchasing from one of them instead of Amazon.com for exactly that reason.

The most important aspect of the book is the FRONT COVER.

Go and look at it again.

What are the elements?

Pillars --> Prosperity.
Then the 3 things that Ron Paul stands for that the other candidates do not - Free Markets; Honest Money; and Private Property.

What is the main image?

All we need to do is have people look at the cover and realize from the size of the book that Ron Paul is educated enough and passionate enough to write a 500 page book on the subject!

This is his magnum opus. :D

greves
Well, when I first posted about this without mentioning it, people spun it around into a rumor about something risky and shocking and all of that. I said that it wouldn't be, but that's how it got spun. This doesn't need to be a secret, but I was asked not to tell specifics by my friends at Mises, so I didn't. Now it's not a secret anymore.

1913_to_2008
I hope this isn't the big thing from head quarters. The only people who buy the books written by the candidates, are the people who already support them.

Would you buy an obama book? No.
Would you buy a Ron Paul book? Yes.

If they're undecided they may buy it but, I doubt it. not after the media has trashed him. to make a big impact the campaign needs to give the people something free. Something they can relate with. Like infomercials!

davidhperry
This idea is not risky or shocking. Campaigns release books all the time. This cannot be the super secret strategy. It doesn't even need to be a secret. And this isn't the first book from Ron.

I agree. This might be big news but it's not the secret that people are talking about (if the rumors are true).

philistineau
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
In case some of you are too naive to understand:

When they talk about this book on tv, what image do you think will flash up on screen?

Oh, the cover? Gold star for you!

Mahkato
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Digg: http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/New_Ron_Paul_Book

philistineau
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Of course it is the big surprise.

The fact that people on this forum built it up to be something bigger than it was isn't the fault of the campaign.

Well done to Ron Paul - I was hoping he would write a book in the next few years.

Quick
12-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Considering it is only 1 person who claims that this is the big secret, it doesn't hold much merit (no offense).

The main reason everyone is expecting it to be something big is that the other people in the main thread who claimed to know what it was, they played it up to be something really big and strategically planned.

I'm not a political adviser or strategist, but I know that releasing a 500 page book on economics (and such) a month before the votes start coming in isn't very strategic. Several months ago? Sure, it couldn't have hurt.

Either the people here who are saying that the rumor is this book release are just pulling our chains, or they are trying to downplay it and mislead us so we'll all be surprised. Or, it was simply a rumor and nothing more.

Bossobass
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
It's sometimes a bit of a chuckle how quick these boards are to offer negative comments with relatively no substance behind them.

I'm sure advance copies will go to the right people who will discuss the book in it's intended context. For the so-called 'average American', these discussions will be more than enough, IMHO. A detailed description of what the American economy has drifted into, by devious design or by any number of other explanations, as well as how it should be operating.

This is the plank of RP's platform that he is most qualified to address.

This is also the subject that is about to become the single most important issue of the '08 Presidential campaign.

Being able to point to the only candidate who has not only a singular grasp of the subject, but has a 500 page detailed outline of how to fix the economy so that the middle class and poor can not only participate, but become very prosperous in their endeavors is...a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Bosso

adwads
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
The book is the big surprise that's gonna get everybody to vote for him? A 500 page whale of a book on economics and free markets? I mean, don't get me wrong, the book is good...but I'm disappointed that there's not some sort of big secret strategy. I was getting all excited about it...

Fyretrohl
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
*slaps head

Come on people...Look at other ways to use this book. Buy copies and SEND them to people on the fence, etc. Or, use it as a reference, etc.

philistineau
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
like a blimp you mean?

www.operationnh.com --> vent your frustration by donating here.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
well i know i'll read it for sure! can't wait...

azminuteman
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
The book is the big surprise that's gonna get everybody to vote for him? A 500 page whale of a book on economics and free markets? I mean, don't get me wrong, the book is good...but I'm disappointed that there's not some sort of big secret strategy. I was getting all excited about it...

And what exactly is Hillary's and Obama's book about?
Same market.

Gump9005
12-11-2007, 01:53 PM
You've got to be completely shitting me. This is it?

Iowa and New Hampshire will have already voted when this book comes out.

This will change nothing for the early states.

This better not be the big surprise.

Mahkato
12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
When exactly did Ron have time to sit down and write all this? Did they just print off ronpaullibrary.org or something?

coboman
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM
And to think that for a second I actually believed that HQ had a good strategy under wraps.

Shame on me, I should have known by now that the official campaign is never going to do anything relevant.

shrapnel88
i'm so disappointed. how is this going to advance his campaign? nobody is going to read it except people that already support ron paul!

quickmike
It's sometimes a bit of a chuckle how quick these boards are to offer negative comments with relatively no substance behind them.

I'm sure advance copies will go to the right people who will discuss the book in it's intended context. For the so-called 'average American', these discussions will be more than enough, IMHO. A detailed description of what the American economy has drifted into, by devious design or by any number of other explanations, as well as how it should be operating.

This is the plank of RP's platform that he is most qualified to address.

This is also the subject that is about to become the single most important issue of the '08 Presidential campaign.

Being able to point to the only candidate who has not only a singular grasp of the subject, but has a 500 page detailed outline of how to fix the economy so that the middle class and poor can not only participate, but become very prosperous in their endeavors is...a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Bosso

As for my last post, im not negative on the book itself. Im just confident that the average knucklehead isnt going to buy it. Sure, Ill buy it the day it comes out, but that wont help the campaign get new supporters now will it? Im not being negative, just trying to be realistic. It doesnt do anyone any good to imagine that people would scoop this book up of the shelves and it selling like hotcakes with the average soundbyte voter. To imagine that is just folly. Im not being negative, just honest. I myself wont have time to read this book until after the holidays even if I bought it off the shelves tomorrow, and im an avid reader of Pauls works. Too much going on right now, just like everyone else.

1913_to_2008
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
In case some of you are too naive to understand:

When they talk about this book on tv, what image do you think will flash up on screen?

Oh, the cover? Gold star for you!

Naive?
Ahh, what makes you think that they'll talk about this on TV?????

trey4sports
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
you guys dont get it, weve tapped into the internet base and we have to continue to expand to more ages, class's, and more americans in general. not only do we get more expsure to older adults if this book becomes popular then we verywell could be campaigning for the "worlds foremost authority on the american economy" the number one issue in america today that would without a doubt attract the biggest portion of voters, those concerned with the economy. can you imagine the exposure well get and on top of that we will have tons of money still none of which has been spent irresponsibly.

guys, this book could very well have more impact than anything so far the campaign has yet to do. this could be rons call to fame with the general non-internet public. however its imperative we get the book out ASAP and we help to garner the support it deserves!

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
People chill out. Ron Paul's campaign could never come up with something as creative and profound as the grassroots effort. WE ARE THE BIG SURPRISE and we blow the other candidates efforts out of the water. Don't get down because it's "only a book" (which will help, even if it's not immediate). There are a lot of people who are curious about Ron Paul, and a lot of people who know nothing about him yet. This book will reach some of those people.

500 pages isn't that big of a deal. Not short, but not too long. I'm sure it will serve as a great reference for these issues too. It helps. Be positive about that. His campaign is better off now than it was. Period. Go put up some ron paul signs.

Green Mountain Boy
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, when I first posted about this without mentioning it, people spun it around into a rumor about something risky and shocking and all of that. I said that it wouldn't be, but that's how it got spun. This doesn't need to be a secret, but I was asked not to tell specifics by my friends at Mises, so I didn't. Now it's not a secret anymore.

What about that person (hawkeye) who said they revealed it to them in Iowa and it's "risky, but probably the best bet."

It doesn't sound like the same thing to me. How is this book risky?

Ron Paul Fan
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Probably should change the thread title as it is very misleading. This is NOT the secret that was being discussed in the other thread, although it is pretty awesome. People see the thread title, read the 1st post, don't bother to read the rest of the thread, then post and freak out about how this is the secret. This is NOT the secret from HQ. Whoever started this thread should be ashamed of themselves. Mods, please change the title to,"New Ron Paul book to hit the shelves soon!" I can't wait for the book!

adwads
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Probably should change the thread title as it is very misleading. This is NOT the secret that was being discussed in the other thread, although it is pretty awesome. People see the thread title, read the 1st post, don't bother to read the rest of the thread, then post and freak out about how this is the secret. This is NOT the secret from HQ. Whoever started this thread should be ashamed of themselves. Mods, please change the title to,"New Ron Paul book to hit the shelves soon!" I can't wait for the book!

Wait, so are you confirming that there is indeed another big secret plan?

hillertexas
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Who is publishing this book?

dirka
12-11-2007, 02:03 PM
500 pages?? Man he has a lot of ideas, I guess that is a little better than Huckabee's 6 page pop up book with a blank page 7 so you can rest.

austin356
Books dont win elections. But this one looks awesome!

The timing of this book could not be better though. 6 months ago it would not sell, b/c it is Ron Paul (wtf is that). 6 months from now (heaven forbid) we may not have won thus the Paul hype will be over. They are coming out with this book at the sweet spot!

OferNave

Ha! We got segwayed! :)

The book is cool, though - thanks for the news, I look forward to reading it. And I agree that it will help the campaign, though you never can tell how much.

Ron Paul Fan

I'm confirming that this isn't the secret plan. Now, are you going to listen to someone in Iowa or are you going to listen to someone in the Netherlands? The new book is fantastic though! Bravo! Bravissimo! Go Ron Paul!

philistineau
12-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Naive?
Ahh, what makes you think that they'll talk about this on TV?????

The same reason I know Obama's book is called "The Audacity of Hope".

The illiterate Americans who won't be bothered to get out of their chairs to vote won't read this or maybe even know it existed - but it adds strength and substance to our campaign. Perhaps it will be reviewed in the Economist or the WSJ.

Perhaps it is just me, but I see this as thinking BEYOND the election. An invigoration of the principles of liberty that Ron Paul stands for.

This book has the potential to become the backbone to our movement.

austin356
12-11-2007, 02:05 PM

Yea Greves does not know what he is talking about if he thinks this was the "secret strategy" that was being discussed.

Us that have friends at Mises have known this was coming for a bit. Mostly the reaction is cool. I will read. But no "big deal" as far as the election is concerned.

greves
12-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm confirming that this isn't the secret plan. Now, are you going to listen to someone in Iowa or are you going to listen to someone in the Netherlands? The new book is fantastic though! Bravo! Bravissimo! Go Ron Paul!

What is that supposed to mean? I'm from New Jersey, I just happen to be living here. Sheesh...

I hate to generalize, especially about this group of people, but seriously, this is why people don't like Americans.

fiddler1
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
To be honest I was speaking about the people who are at least 40, middle class and white collar. That is the majority of who I know. It isnt that they are stupid but its that their idea of fun on a Friday night is not cuddling up with a manifesto about economics.

Haha Thats funny.. I thought it would be the younger people that would be less likely to read this book. Most of the true "junk" (Britney etc.) that I see is aimed at the young. I am a 53 year old, RP activist. Age does not determine intelligence, and yes there is life and motivation after 50. Never read Atlas Shrugged though.. Its good?

austin356
12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
What is that supposed to mean? I'm from New Jersey, I just happen to be living here.

You were better off before you said you were from Jersey;):p:D:):):)

trey4sports
12-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Haha Thats funny.. I thought it would be the younger people that would be less likely to read this book. Most of the true "junk" (Britney etc.) that I see is aimed at the young. I am a 53 year old, RP activist. Age does not determine intelligence, and yes there is life and motivation after 50. Never read Atlas Shrugged though.. Its good?

hows the RP support in your state, fiddler1?

trey4sports
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
i think greves is smart with what hes doing, let us all think that this is the big surprise so eventually there will be less talk of the real strategy thus keeping it from harms way...but everybody jumps on him for it :(
just let the damn "surprise" drop, if its there then its better we dont know right now

quickmike
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Ron Paul Fan;576471]I'm confirming that this isn't the secret plan. Now, are you going to listen to someone in Iowa or are you going to listen to someone in the Netherlands? QUOTE]

I dont know man, Netherlanders are pretty smart. :D

JK

Not kidding about them being smart, just kidding about who I would listen to.

oh nevermind......... you get the point.

fiddler1
12-11-2007, 02:12 PM
We have active meetups in Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha. We are attending local republican meetings with good results. We have 9 rsvps for this Thursday Republican executive board meeting. Local part is not hostile at all. We are a presence here.. We have regular sign waves etc. Not seeing a lot of signs though but a lot of thumbs up at the sign waves.. Improving I would say!

Ron Paul Fan
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
What is that supposed to mean? I'm from New Jersey, I just happen to be living here. Sheesh...

I hate to generalize, especially about this group of people, but seriously, this is why people don't like Americans.

Then why do you have your location as the Netherlands! You don't like Americans because we can read the location that YOU PUT ON YOUR PROFILE? How were we supposed to know you were from New Jersey? SHEESH...

and this isn't the secret!

yongrel
Two thoughts on my mind:

1) I can't wait to read this book. Best case scenario: it becomes a standard text of the liberty movement, in the vein of the Law and Free to Choose. Worst case scenario: it kicks ass.

2) If this is the surprise, that's cool. I'm always looking for a good book. If there's something else though, I can't wait to see what. I'm hoping for something shiny.

musicmax
Does the cover not even say "REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE"?

<bangs head against wall>

adwads
i think greves is smart with what hes doing, let us all think that this is the big surprise so eventually there will be less talk of the real strategy thus keeping it from harms way...but everybody jumps on him for it :(
just let the damn "surprise" drop, if its there then its better we dont know right now

Yeah I agree...I think that there is actually a big secret plan and telling us about the new book was a way to get us to stop talking about what the plan could actually be...if I had to guess, I would say that the REAL plan is one of the following:

1) Dr. Paul visits the troops in Iraq
2) The official campaign launches attack ads against the MSM
3) The governor of S.C. endorses Paul before the the S.C. primary

hillertexas
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51617

from ghemminger:

"I'm going to Lunch - I'll let you guys know after I get back!

Not the Book!

OMG! "

Frankie Lee
Wait...
wait a second...this is the big secret that the campaign HQ had..that will get Ron Paul elected? What the fuck? I'm definitely NOT donating after December 16th. I'd much rather donate to grassroots who can release competent tv ads, and even fly blimps in the air. What in the fuck is this campaign thinking?

pazzo83
IF this is the big secret or whatever, it couldn't be worse IMO. Great book ya, but this isn't something you release less than a month away from Iowa.

coboman
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Wolf Blitzer : "Five Hundred pages in a book. Amazing, just amazing numbers!"

austin356
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Wait...
wait a second...this is the big secret that the campaign HQ had..that will get Ron Paul elected? What the fuck? I'm definitely NOT donating after December 16th. I'd much rather donate to grassroots who can release competent tv ads, and even fly blimps in the air. What in the fuck is this campaign thinking?

read the rest of the thread.

Johnnybags
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
If it was not for the thieves at the fed pretending we are in prosperity and stealing savings to force you to pay higher prices, we would be in a depression already. We are in an inflation depression. All Bush ventures lead to bankruptcy, he has no clue how the system works, he is like a drunken credit card trust fund baby.

quickmike
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
We have active meetups in Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha. We are attending local republican meetings with good results. We have 9 rsvps for this Thursday Republican executive board meeting. Local part is not hostile at all. We are a presence here.. We have regular sign waves etc. Not seeing a lot of signs though but a lot of thumbs up at the sign waves.. Improving I would say!

Is it true what they say about the Hucksterforum.com supporters plan to paint huck08 on the backs of 200 chickens and release them in a video arcade in Racine?

LOL

If it is, I suggest you guys meet them there with BB guns and have yourself a good old fashioned Ron Paul chicken dinner open to the public immediately afterwards.:D

hocaltar
500 pages! What is this, "Atlas Shrugged"?

Even better, it's a plan.

thehighwaymanq
I'm gettin it!

Lord Xar
12-11-2007, 02:17 PM
can't wait to read it.

Falseflagop
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
How about a 40 page CLIFFNOTE !! That would be a great sell!

quickmike
12-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok, now all we need is a pop-up version available for our average American Idol watcher, you know, 70% of the country. You know, something that shows little fiat dollars on fire crumbling into ashes and people running around paying 200 bucks for a frozen turkey? Something like that.

slantedview
12-11-2007, 02:26 PM
w00t! I am all over this! When does it hit store shelves!?!?!

Benaiah
12-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Moral of the story is to not post rumors and speculations anymore.
This thread is weaksauce.

Just Come Home
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
If this is truly going to be on front displays, then I like this. If the only place I can get this is on the Mises website, or Amazon, meh, not so much.

I will reserve judgement until I hear about the marketing of this book. I'll buy it, but RP already has my mind share and my vote. I like the strategy of a book, because it shows his depth of thought to the thoughtful people out there. The key is going to be in how this gets marketed.

greves
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
If this is truly going to be on front displays, then I like this. If the only place I can get this is on the Mises website, or Amazon, meh, not so much.

I will reserve judgement until I hear about the marketing of this book. I'll buy it, but RP already has my mind share and my vote. I like the strategy of a book, because it shows his depth of thought to the thoughtful people out there. The key is going to be in how this gets marketed.

That's a good point, but from what I've heard it will be pushed hard and in the front display of every major bookstore alongside Hillary's and Barack's books. I'm looking forward to seeing it on shelves in Selexy's here in Holland too! :-D (Yes, they even have the Dutch translations of Hillary and Barack's books here.)

dsentell
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I can see how this book could become the Bible of the Ron Paul R3VOLution and how all us Paulites would treasure it and the wisdom it contains, but

I don't really see it generating many new supporters at this stage of the game . . .

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 02:36 PM

I just hope it is something other than his speeches. Plus, he badly needs someone taking care of the media end of this thing. He has to be going on book tours for anyone to know or care about this book.

coboman
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
If this is truly going to be on front displays, then I like this.

Yes! :) Because the cover prominently shows the face of Ron Paul, and his name, and the fact that he is running for president in 2008, and ... wait a minute:mad:...

Troyhand
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
The secret is it's a 500-page book.
No wait. That's not the secret.
There's a bigger secret.
No wait. The 500-page book is a little secret.
The secret is that the little secret is not the big secret.
The big secret is that the secret is not the little secret.
The secret is not the little secret, but the little secret is that the big secret is not the secret.
Now you know.

The biggest secret is that this discussion will be 500 pages when we're finished, then we can make our own book.
Don't tell anybody.

Quick
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM

People don't like Americans because you intentionally misled everyone here and they called you out on it? And they don't like Americans because when "Location" next to your name says The Netherlands, we don't assume you mean New Jersey?

I fail to see your point.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
500 pages?? Man he has a lot of ideas, I guess that is a little better than Huckabee's 6 page pop up book with a blank page 7 so you can rest.

"so you can rest" HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Look, this has already been "confirmed" not to be the HQ message. I stand to believe that, but think this is a wonderful idea.

There are many avenues of attack against the controlled media and the unknowing masses of people that want to hear the message of Dr. Paul, but can't.

Unfortunately some people here are forgetting that the grassroots way and the internet way are not the ONLY ways.

I don't know about a lot of you. But I know a large amount of people that read books on a daily basis. A lot of them don't watch very much tv, don't work too much on the internet and consider themselves to be very knowledgeable and intelligent people. They will read the book and their eyes will open, and they will start to question why they haven't heard anything about him. He can then spend money for airtime to discuss this.

When the mainstream media writes off everyone here as "internet fans" or "crazy bands of supporters" you get mad and feel segregated unfairly (millions of people). By writing off this book saying this is not the way to win is in a way segregated the millions of people who take books and knowledge through books very seriously.

It may not be the largest group of people, and it probably wouldn't win an election by itself. But combine them with "internet fans" and the message becomes bigger and is spoken louder.

As it stands now the media is the single biggest entity controlling what happens. What they choose to show becomes law. Nobody can fight the media as well as the tech savvy creative minded people of the net.

The whole grassroots movement and the massive campaign donations are all courtesy of the net. INCREDIBLE out of the box thinking that no professionally run campaign could ever compete against in a fair environment. Advertisement ideas, magazine adds, tea parties, sign bombs, independent door to door pushes, flier drops, vehicle ads, constant non campaign organized rallies for RP and against other candidates, and a BLIMP for gods sake! The media refused to pay attention or give credit while this massive underground push secretly builds its strength in the name of one man! Think anyone would do that for Huckleberry, or Paulianna..er I men Guiliani! NO.

But there are certain areas that are very hard to reach. Let them go after those areas the way they need to. The book isn't IT, it's not the end of their stuff. I'm sure they have some huge ideas coming soon and it's all because of what everyone here has done.

Keep doing what you're doing, fight the battles that need to be won. Face to face, hand to hand in the trenches. Slowly picking away at special interest media and winning support 1 person at a time. Let RP and the people he trusts to run his campaign take on the larger battles in spotlight. If you trust anything about him (which you certainly do), trust this, because he knows how to fight them.

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
"so you can rest" HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

I'm having a chucklgasm over here too... nice one. lol

Matthew Zak
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Maybe the secret is inside the book?

Start watching his posts very carefully on the main sight. Keep track of numbers, dates, and references to history. He might be giving us clues that we will later have to use to unlock the mysteries of his book. By the time we're all done reading it maybe we'll know how to manipulate time and space at our will? It would be pretty easy to get him elected if that were the case.

Troyhand
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Maybe the secret is inside the book?

Start watching his posts very carefully on the main sight. Keep track of numbers, dates, and references to history. He might be giving us clues that we will later have to use to unlock the mysteries of his book. By the time we're all done reading it maybe we'll know how to manipulate time and space at our will? It would be pretty easy to get him elected if that were the case.

Sir Ron Paul Bacon.
lol. I doubt Dr. Paul's a Rosicrucian.

schmeisser
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
This is good news for the long term liberty movement, because the book will get widely circulated on the back of his Presidential run. This is certainly not a big campaign surprise that will affect the election much.

osofaux
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I can't wait to read it!

It'll help me understand Ron's message better, and explain it more effectively to those who want to hear it in detail. I see this as a valuable resource for those who are trying to spread the word.

constituent
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
hell yes!!! this is exactly what we (gr folkers) needed!

quezkittel
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeaaaah! I'm excited even if it's not the Big Secret- think about all those senior citizens who don't use the internet at all yet line up to vote in droves and have no place to get more information about Dr. Paul. Now after a debate, instead of going "I like him but these two ideas of his sound crazy and I need to know more", they can go to their local Borders and find out more. Beautiful. Assuming it will be carried at stores.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Maybe the BIG secret is a free plastic-wrapped Spongebob Action figure if you dig down to the bottom of the book! And maybe if you press a button on his left buttock, he does that annoying Spongebob laugh!

philistineau
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
A bobblehead Ron Paul!?!

Dwight would be proud.

LinearChaos
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Stop crying. People who write books also promote them, meaning he will probably be all over the tube promoting this book, which will also raise awareness of his campaign.

Troyhand
12-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Semi-little secret:
At the book signings, every autographed copy comes with a 10% discount coupon off your next Bunny Ranch visit.
Shhhhh!

Highstreet
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
agree, at least it will make headlines once we make it #1 amazon and NYT list!

It will also give the News networks another reason to interview him. Book tours are pretty popular these days.

Maximilian American
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I Will Read this Book within a week.

eleganz
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM

yup, that is exactly what I was thinking. Thank goodness someone finally took the attention away from the suprise, now you all have to go an ruin it. Just let it go guys, seriously. You'll find out when the time is right just trust the good Dr.

The Good Doctor
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
How about the bear market that is coming?

and this has nothing to do with bears!! lol.

juddpuds
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Books dont win elections. But this one looks awesome!

The timing of this book could not be better though. 6 months ago it would not sell, b/c it is Ron Paul (wtf is that). 6 months from now (heaven forbid) we may not have won thus the Paul hype will be over. They are coming out with this book at the sweet spot!

The contract with America was a book in 1994, and it won an election. Contract with America, like it or not was one of the most brilliant campaign strategies ever....it allowed the Republicans to retake congress after several decades of democratic control.

juddpuds
12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
One more thing is that whoever the publisher of this book is going to be, they are now going to be a defacto addition to the campaign. The publisher will undoubtedly spend a substantial amount of money to promote this book, and that is all free advertising that very directly benefits our cause. In my mind, the timing of this book couldn't be better...just as Paul is gaining momentum nationally...he has generated enough interest that this book will get noticed, and the discussion of this book in the media will help people to understand the complex issues that define the campaign. Perfect timing....2 months ago, no one would care about this book. Today, this could propel the campaign forward.

Ronin
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Maybe he will hand them out free. Like frozen turkeys on T-giving! All of NH reads the book and Rudy, Romney, and Huck supporters heads explode as they realize how duped they were. All that will be left to vote is us. Risky yes, but the reward is significant :)

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
One more thing is that whoever the publisher of this book is going to be, they are now going to be a defacto addition to the campaign. The publisher will undoubtedly spend a substantial amount of money to promote this book, and that is all free advertising that very directly benefits our cause. In my mind, the timing of this book couldn't be better...just as Paul is gaining momentum nationally...he has generated enough interest that this book will get noticed, and the discussion of this book in the media will help people to understand the complex issues that define the campaign. Perfect timing....2 months ago, no one would care about this book. Today, this could propel the campaign forward.

I just hope it is being published by a big mainsteam publisher and not just Mises.org. We need the book tours and the associated interviews.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe he will hand them out free. Like frozen turkeys on T-giving! All of NH reads the book and Rudy, Romney, and Huck supporters heads explode as they realize how duped they were. All that will be left to vote is us. Risky yes, but the reward is significant :)

I thought this book wasn't coming until after NH..?

patriotcalendar
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Let's all mail copies to Oprah, with letters asking her to feature it in her Book Club! ;)

Wingman
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
be ready to give him encouragement guys and show him your faith

it will be a hard road for Ron Paul. He's not young you know. In case he doesn't make president, he will need you guys to help sustain his belief for the next campaign (may be another candidate but based on ron paul's ideas).

but i think he has a pretty good chance if we can help him capture the imagination of the nation.

austin356
12-11-2007, 03:45 PM
The contract with America was a book in 1994, and it won an election. Contract with America, like it or not was one of the most brilliant campaign strategies ever....it allowed the Republicans to retake congress after several decades of democratic control.

Exit polls showed less than 10% of voters had a favorable opinion of it (most had never even heard of it).

I can pretty much promise you less than 1% of voters read a summary of it, let alone the whole wording.

Overall, books sometimes promote and even ignite ideas that sweep people into power, but that is indirect causation and happens organically not via manufactured campaign promotion techniques.

Richandler
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
This definately isn't the secret HQ plan. I knew about this book a week a or two ago. It was a hardly a secret he was coming out with a book very soon if visit lewrockwell.com at all. I was going to guess that this was going to be it, but when someone said it has to do with Iowa. This has nothing to do with Iowa and may even be released after Iowa. However if this was released in a timely matter it could have an impact because the news would have to have Ron on and could talk about his plans for America with more understanding. Unfortunately we don't know if the writers strike will be over so the results could be limited to what we have already seen success with.

BTW: We should very much attempt to make it a best seller when it comes out.

ronpaulitician
12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Is this new Paul material, or a collection of old articles?

juddpuds
12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Exit polls showed less than 10% of voters had a favorable opinion of it (most had never even heard of it).

I can pretty much promise you less than 1% of voters read a summary of it, let alone the whole wording.

Overall, books sometimes promote and even ignite ideas that sweep people into power, but that is indirect causation and happens organically not via manufactured campaign promotion techniques.

The whole point of Contract with America was that it codified a movement (that didn't really exist) and created an easy to understand platform for congressional and senate candidates all over the country to run on. There is no doubt that the republicans were swept into office based on a unified message that was the contract with America.

I have no idea what the Ron Paul book will actually be, but the mere fact that his philosophy is going to be available in detail for anyone to read or use can only help, and potentially could allow candidates for lower offices to use it as a tool for explaining and promoting libertarian ideas.

Fields
12-11-2007, 04:02 PM
I just hope it is being published by a big mainsteam publisher and not just Mises.org. We need the book tours and the associated interviews.

Wow, "Coming soon from the Mises Institute, Ron Paul's thrilling 500-page manifesto of free markets, prosperity, a healthy dollar, private property,and social peace." Thats from lew rockwell's article.

Revolution9
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
No one buys economic treatises. When Alien Greensperm released his tome it only rose to number one on Amazon during the week of September 17 2007.

HTH
Randy