PDA

View Full Version : Purple4Paul: Ron Paul Wins By A Landslide

thumbto
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks to OferNave for the Purple State idea....

http://thumbto.com/purplestate.png
(http://myspace.com/purple4paul)
I know people voiced opposition to purple but Purple4Paul just works so much better than maroon4paul or orange4paul, don't you think?

I've posted a new blog with purple promotional ideas. I'd like to hear your ideas for getting the word out.

BTW, I'm wearing purple, are you?

Anyone interested in running the flickr account?

Goldwater Conservative
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Maybe we should dip our fingers in purple ink after voting. It'd show our solidarity with the Iraqi people despite our belief in withdrawal (heck, many of us think that'd help their desire for self-government) and also be a big "F-You" to the powers that be with all their polls and Diebold machines.

thumbto
12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
We should all stay at the polling places after voting to show our numbers. And wait there until the votes our counted!

Cadres of Purple-Clad.

Or bring purple chalk to the polling places and make a mark on the concrete to count our votes!

OferNave
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Awesome, thumbto - you made my day! I was dying to see a map like that.

It would be cool to get something like that set up on a proper web site and have it actually track primary results.

1town
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
My favorite color =)

thumbto
12-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Awesome, thumbto - you made my day! I was dying to see a map like that.

It would be cool to get something like that set up on a proper web site and have it actually track primary results.

It's a really great idea... red, blue..no, purple!

I agree that some kind of formal polling with purple states would be great.. I just don't even know where to begin in getting that going. I'm already spinning with ideas/projects as it is... maybe there is a site out there that would make it easy to set up?

Sey.Naci
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Anyone mention that purple was the color worn (only) by royalty back in ancient times? Getting purple was a time-consuming and costly process, which is why only heads of state (such as the Egyptian caesars) got to wear it. Ultimately, they were the only ones allowed to wear it.

shepburn
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
great idea

rory096
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
No no no no no. We want to give the appearance that we're ordinary Americans, NOT a cult-like group.

thumbto
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Money Bomb, Blimp, Tea Party?

Extraordinary!

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Apparently, we win everything except for Southern Alaska.

thumbto
12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Anyone mention that purple was the color worn (only) by royalty back in ancient times? Getting purple was a time-consuming and costly process, which is why only heads of state (such as the Egyptian caesars) got to wear it. Ultimately, they were the only ones allowed to wear it.

Sey.Naci.... That's one of the reasons for purple.... transferring power to the people..

thumbto
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Apparently, we win everything except for Southern Alaska.

That's where we sent all of the neo-cons....

TomTX
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
We should all stay at the polling places after voting to show our numbers. And wait there until the votes our counted!

Wait there, and go to the precinct convention, be a delegate to County.

OferNave
12-11-2007, 11:34 PM
No no no no no. We want to give the appearance that we're ordinary Americans, NOT a cult-like group.

I agree, I'm sensitive to that, too. That's why I recommended in the first purple4paul thread that we not all wear purple, we just adopt purple as the color scheme for Paul to symbolize the coming together of red/blue. It represents the end of the false dichotomy.

I recommend it for the state election map, and maybe for some Ron Paul paraphelia. I don't recommend wearing it just to wear it.

OferNave
12-12-2007, 08:34 AM
bump

thumbto
12-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree, I'm sensitive to that, too. That's why I recommended in the first purple4paul thread that we not all wear purple, we just adopt purple as the color scheme for Paul to symbolize the coming together of red/blue. It represents the end of the false dichotomy.

I recommend it for the state election map, and maybe for some Ron Paul paraphelia. I don't recommend wearing it just to wear it.

I see what you mean...

Purple as end-of-false-dichotomies is powerful and complimentary with "people power".

This should be the central focus. For popular understanding "end-of-false-dichotomies" is less likely to take hold than "people power". That's why I prefer to put the "people power" foot forward.

I still think wearing it can be very powerful, especially at rallies, but it should take only a supportive role.

My thought for promotional material is... are we too far along in the campaign to adopt a new color scheme?

For those who expressed concern that wearing purple would be associated with armbands & cults - if wearing purple is not the focus, what do you think of associating and promoting this color & meaning with the campaign?

Elwar
12-12-2007, 10:03 AM

Cadres of Purple-Clad.

Or bring purple chalk to the polling places and make a mark on the concrete to count our votes!

Actually, here in Texas, the precinct chairs and the delegates are chosen after the polls close. All Ron Paul supporters in Texas had better stay until the polls close to vote for Ron Paul supporters afterwards.

troyd1
12-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I think it's great! I am from Minnesota and a Vikings fan. You may have the cheeseheads smashing their computer screens about now though.

BeFranklin
12-12-2007, 10:50 AM

Same thing carried over into the Roman Catholic church where the priests wear purple and scarlet and were known as princes of the church. Actually linked it to a grant of permission from Constantine. For your historical footnote.

OferNave
12-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I see what you mean...

Purple as end-of-false-dichotomies is powerful and complimentary with "people power".

This should be the central focus. For popular understanding "end-of-false-dichotomies" is less likely to take hold than "people power". That's why I prefer to put the "people power" foot forward.

I still think wearing it can be very powerful, especially at rallies, but it should take only a supportive role.

My thought for promotional material is... are we too far along in the campaign to adopt a new color scheme?

For those who expressed concern that wearing purple would be associated with armbands & cults - if wearing purple is not the focus, what do you think of associating and promoting this color & meaning with the campaign?

I would suggest you focus first on getting a site up with an election map and a red/blue/purple legend, with an explanation for the purple. Then get the word out. Other people will pick up on the purple symbolism and incorporate it into other things in their own way.

OferNave
12-12-2007, 05:42 PM
bump