PDA

View Full Version : Trump Will Sign Legislation Imposing Additional Restrictions On Gun Ownership

r3volution 3.0
10-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Vote and comment

oyarde
10-05-2017, 03:20 PM
I dunno . Should not be any ever get out of the house.

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 03:24 PM
I will predict that he won't, I don't think anything will get through Congress but if it does he will veto it and then they will try for an override so he isn't responsible, gun control either gets enough momentum for an override or it goes nowhere.

r3volution 3.0
10-05-2017, 03:25 PM
I dunno . Should not be any ever get out of the house.

FOX and the NRA are now openly promoting the idea of banning "bump stocks."

There's not going to be anything major, but there's going to be something.

oyarde
10-05-2017, 03:27 PM
FOX is now openly promoting the idea of banning "bump stocks."

The senate is different you could get whatever anti 2nd amendmant shit you want through that pack of nancy boys .

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 03:27 PM
FOX and the NRA are now openly promoting the idea of banning "bump stocks."

Maybe.

spudea
10-05-2017, 03:58 PM
I think Trump is playing the board right now, trying to think what he can get out of the democrats for this.

Raginfridus
10-05-2017, 04:13 PM
I think something to that effect will slam his desk, and he'll maybe sign it - maybe he won't? I dunno. Call our reps' offices; let them know they're cooked if it passes the House.

He could sign an anti-gun bill, and thereby make way to clear out the spineless Republicrats, who would either vote yea or not present, come election time. Not saying that's his plan...

jllundqu
10-05-2017, 04:15 PM
They will pass a bill that bans bump fire stocks and maybe something else small. This will be seen as a compromise.

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
I think something to that effect will slam his desk, and he'll maybe sign it - maybe he won't? I dunno. Call our reps' offices; let them know they're cooked if it passes the House.

He could sign an anti-gun bill, and thereby make way to clear out the spineless Republicrats, who would either vote yea or not present, come election time. Not saying that's his plan...

He doesn't have to sign it for that.

r3volution 3.0
10-05-2017, 04:18 PM
I think Trump is...trying to think

I concur

Raginfridus
10-05-2017, 04:25 PM
He doesn't have to sign it for that.IF he signs something though, every red or maroon state congressman that joins Ryan is going to get crucified along with the new law. If he doesn't sign, most incumbents have probably got nothing to lose. On the other hand, looks like the NRA and FAUX have got their backs no matter what. We'll see...

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:27 PM
IF he signs something though, every red or maroon state congressman that joins Ryan is going to get crucified along with the new law. If he doesn't sign, most incumbents have probably got nothing to lose. On the other hand, looks like the NRA and FAUX have got their backs no matter what. We'll see...

If he signs it he won't get the nomination in 2020, let alone be re-elected.

Raginfridus
10-05-2017, 04:31 PM
That election cycle's 1.5-2 years from now... that's like asking a goldfish if he remembers the 60's.

William Tell
10-05-2017, 04:34 PM
As much as I don't trust him I was leaning toward voting no, then I saw the White House statement that made it clear he will. It's up to the grassroots and groups like GOA and NAGR to stop it now.

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:37 PM
As much as I don't trust him I was leaning toward voting no, then I saw the White House statement that made it clear he will. It's up to the grassroots and groups like GOA and NAGR to stop it now.

Source?

William Tell
10-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Source?

Thursday's sudden endorsements of controls came almost simultaneously from the NRA and the White House. The NRA, which famously opposes virtually any hint of new restrictions, said in a statement: "The National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Moments after, at the White House, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders praised the announcement. "We welcome that and a conversation on that," Sanders said. "It's something we're very open to." House Speaker Paul Ryan added his support, as have other top Republicans.

"Obviously we need to look at how we can tighten up the compliance with this law so that fully automatic weapons are banned," the Wisconsin Republican told reporters at an event in Chestertown, Maryland.
The issue of bump stocks came up aboard Air Force One as President Donald Trump traveled back from visiting Las Vegas on Wednesday, according to GOP Rep. Mark Amodei of Nevada, who was on board and said Trump sounded open to a change.http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?515605-Donald-Trump-caves-on-gun-control-Supports-quot-bump-fire-ban-quot

https://www.mail.com/news/politics/5563368-suddenly-white-house-nra-open-to-a-little-gun-cont.html#.7518-stage-hero1-1

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:47 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?515605-Donald-Trump-caves-on-gun-control-Supports-quot-bump-fire-ban-quot

https://www.mail.com/news/politics/5563368-suddenly-white-house-nra-open-to-a-little-gun-cont.html#.7518-stage-hero1-1

NOT good! :mad::(

But I will wait to hear what Dump himself says or does, I also don't think it will make it through Congress.

William Tell
10-05-2017, 04:49 PM
NOT good! :mad::(

But I will wait to hear what Dump himself says or does, I also don't think it will make it through Congress.

Don't wait, he needs to feel the heat before he makes a statement.

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:51 PM

Yes, I meant I would wait to decide if I think he will sign it or not.

William Tell
10-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Yes, I meant I would wait to decide if I think he will sign it or not.

2 late, you already voted hard. :D

Anti Federalist
10-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Of course he would sign it.

Trump has been on the record for 20 years now, in his support of gun control.

Stupid feckless GOP in the House and Senate will serve it up on a silver platter.

Who knew that to get gun control passed, cement ObamaCare permanently into law, block tax cuts and grow government all you had to do is elect a solid GOP slate in all branches of government? :rolleyes:

Now, what's even more troubling, is once they roll over and capitulate on this, the Bolshevik mob on the left will get a scent of blood in the water, and it would not surprise me in the least to see more mass shootings designed to stampede the worthless GOP into much more Draconian gun control.

#nevervotingGOPagain

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:56 PM

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/home?1

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?17&engagementId=404353

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 04:57 PM
2 late, you already voted hard. :D

I didn't vote for him.

William Tell
10-05-2017, 04:58 PM
I didn't vote for him.

Yeah I meant the poll.

Swordsmyth
10-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Yeah I meant the poll.

Well hoping never hurt, I'm still going with what I said in my first post until he says or does something.

unknown
10-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Need an option: "Of-course he fucking will".

spudea
10-05-2017, 05:59 PM
What if the ATF just revisits their decision in 2010 about bump stocks not violating the National Firearm Act?? That doesn't need a new legislative act?

r3volution 3.0
10-05-2017, 06:17 PM
What if the ATF just revisits their decision in 2010 about bump stocks not violating the National Firearm Act?? That doesn't need a new legislative act?

Anything done on the regulatory side is entirely at the discretion of the President.

Pauls' Revere
10-06-2017, 12:55 AM
He will, it will be benign but enough to placate the left and boost his ratings.

juleswin
10-06-2017, 05:24 AM
Of course he would sign it.

Trump has been on the record for 20 years now, in his support of gun control.

Stupid feckless GOP in the House and Senate will serve it up on a silver platter.

Who knew that to get gun control passed, cement ObamaCare permanently into law, block tax cuts and grow government all you had to do is elect a solid GOP slate in all branches of government? :rolleyes:

Now, what's even more troubling, is once they roll over and capitulate on this, the Bolshevik mob on the left will get a scent of blood in the water, and it would not surprise me in the least to see more mass shootings designed to stampede the worthless GOP into much more Draconian gun control.

#nevervotingGOPagain

Dont forget amnesty for dreamers signed into law. And maybe a more favorable climate change bill.