PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of the Vegas Massacre: Human Goodness Prevailing

AZJoe
10-03-2017, 07:52 PM
A big dose of positive spirit.

In the wake of the Vegas tragedy are many wonderful examples of rising positive human spirit, benevolence, goodwill, sacrifice, and courage .

A collection of tidbits of positive energy in the wake of tragedy:

-------

Jasmine Barbusca, a mother of two, told ABC News, "There were men going over their wives, their girlfriends, to block them," she recalled. "Unfortunately, those men got shot, but I mean, there were lives saved." … Barbusca said she saw one man as he helped many women climb the fence to escape. "I don’t know who the man was, but there was a man who probably saved a good 20 women’s lives. He was really brave," she said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-spokeswoman-las-vegas-shooter-worked-letter-carrier-50262439

----------

"A gentleman -- I don't know his name -- he completely covered me," Amy McAslin told CNN. "He covered my face. He said, 'I've got you.' "Just truly incredible, (a) stranger, jumping over me to protect me." The man shielded McAslin, who was holding Goddard. … “he had been shot in his rear-end area, and that there was a lot of blood," McAslin said. … Neither knows his name or how he is doing. … He's been in my thoughts all day," McAslin said. "He's a truly amazing person for just trying to protect the whole, under, the whole table area where we were."

Addison Short … thanks stranger she says saved her life. … "I just got shot, I can't run," she cried out. … she told CNN how a man used his belt to wrap her leg in a tourniquet and rush her to safety. "He just picked me up and threw me over his shoulder," Short said. The man carried her to a taxi that took her to the Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.

Lindsay Padgett and her fiancé Mark Jay … making it back to their parked truck near the concert venue. They were driving away … when a stranger hailed them. "Right now, we need your truck. We just need to get people over to the hospital, OK?" … "We (said), 'Load them up. Let's go.' (We) loaded as many as we could," Jay told KTNV. … One of the passengers, Jay said, had been shot in the chest and was using his fingers to fill the holes.

"The real moment I realized that it was gunshots was when I heard my brother say, 'I got hit.' I turned around and I saw him coughing up blood," Anthony Robone told CNN. … "We just took a little piece of plastic -- it appeared to be a sucking chest wound ... (so) we put the plastic piece on his chest over the wound" and secured it with three adhesive bandages, Anthony Robone said.

An off-duty nurse from Orange County, California, told KTNV that she ran back into the danger to help rescue those who had suffered gunshot wounds. "We went back because I'm a nurse and I just felt that I had to," the woman, who identified herself only as Vanessa, told KTNV. "I went to three different scenes. The first one was OK. The second one was worse. And by the time I got to the third one, there was just dead bodies. "There was so many people, just normal citizens, doctors, cops, paramedics, nurses, just off-duty. Everyone was just communicating and working together.”

As the crowds began to scatter, [retired teacher] Mike Cronk stood his ground and tried to help his friend who had taken three bullets to the chest. "Most people started scattering and they climbed the fence, but I had to stay with my buddies," he told ABC News. "We got him over the fence once the firing stopped and slid him under a stage so we were safe.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/us/las-vegas-shooting-heroes/index.html

-----------

Karen Gale … “There were lost shoes all over the ground, women being carried by boyfriends.” “If anything, I learned there is still humanity in this world,” she says. “I saw it.”

Brad Sugars, 46, business coach from Las Vegas: “I stayed with the police and handed out first-aid kits… People were helping people. A girl was wrapping a guy’s thumb and another person was bandaging a wounded leg. Everyone was trying to help …

Heather Gooze, 43, bartender, Los Vegas: Gooze was working at a bar toward which people ran … three men carried victim Jordan McIldon over on a ladder. “His phone was locked but Facebook messages kept coming in, so I went on Facebook and found him, sent messages to everyone who had the same last name. After we found his family, I promised them we wouldn’t leave him. I was with him when he took his last breath.”

http://people.com/crime/las-vegas-shooting-heroic-actions-night-of-terror/

----------------------------

Heather Melton, 'He saved my life. He grabbed me and started running when I felt him get shot in the back,'

Glendale firefighter Steve Keys was shot while performing CPR on a woman at the concert venue. He is expected to survive.

Former Marine Taylor Winston and Jenn Lewis, found an unattended truck and used it to transport people to the hospital. In two trips, Winston and Lewis were able to transport two dozen people to Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4942928/Stories-heroism-emerge-amid-Las-Vegas-massacre.html

---------
Tom McIntosh had just helped his wife and another festivalgoer over a wall to escape the massacre when he was shot in the leg and quickly began to bleed out. … James Lawson, Army Reserve member, found McIntosh tied a belt around his leg in a makeshift tourniquet, the work of a stranger who didn't quite know what they were doing. … Lawson emphasized there were more stories like theirs out there. "There was dozens and dozens of other concertgoers doing the same thing," Lawson said. "They couldn't leave anybody behind, they were running back towards the fire to help more people. There's got to be hundreds of stories like this one."

"I saw a field with a bunch of white trucks," Winston said. "I tested my luck to see if any of them had keys in it, first one we tried opening had keys sitting right there. I started looking for people to take to the hospital." … "Once we dropped them off, we were like well, let's go back for round two and go get some more," he said. "I transported probably 20 to 30 people injured to the hospital."

http://www.complex.com/life/2017/10/meet-the-heroes-of-the-las-vegas-shooting-massacre

Origanalist
10-04-2017, 06:11 AM
A big dose of positive spirit.

In the wake of the Vegas tragedy are many wonderful examples of rising positive human spirit, benevolence, goodwill, sacrifice, and courage .

A collection of tidbits of positive energy in the wake of tragedy:

-------

Jasmine Barbusca, a mother of two, told ABC News, "There were men going over their wives, their girlfriends, to block them," she recalled. "Unfortunately, those men got shot, but I mean, there were lives saved." … Barbusca said she saw one man as he helped many women climb the fence to escape. "I don’t know who the man was, but there was a man who probably saved a good 20 women’s lives. He was really brave," she said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-spokeswoman-las-vegas-shooter-worked-letter-carrier-50262439

----------

"A gentleman -- I don't know his name -- he completely covered me," Amy McAslin told CNN. "He covered my face. He said, 'I've got you.' "Just truly incredible, (a) stranger, jumping over me to protect me." The man shielded McAslin, who was holding Goddard. … “he had been shot in his rear-end area, and that there was a lot of blood," McAslin said. … Neither knows his name or how he is doing. … He's been in my thoughts all day," McAslin said. "He's a truly amazing person for just trying to protect the whole, under, the whole table area where we were."

Addison Short … thanks stranger she says saved her life. … "I just got shot, I can't run," she cried out. … she told CNN how a man used his belt to wrap her leg in a tourniquet and rush her to safety. "He just picked me up and threw me over his shoulder," Short said. The man carried her to a taxi that took her to the Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.

Lindsay Padgett and her fiancé Mark Jay … making it back to their parked truck near the concert venue. They were driving away … when a stranger hailed them. "Right now, we need your truck. We just need to get people over to the hospital, OK?" … "We (said), 'Load them up. Let's go.' (We) loaded as many as we could," Jay told KTNV. … One of the passengers, Jay said, had been shot in the chest and was using his fingers to fill the holes.

"The real moment I realized that it was gunshots was when I heard my brother say, 'I got hit.' I turned around and I saw him coughing up blood," Anthony Robone told CNN. … "We just took a little piece of plastic -- it appeared to be a sucking chest wound ... (so) we put the plastic piece on his chest over the wound" and secured it with three adhesive bandages, Anthony Robone said.

An off-duty nurse from Orange County, California, told KTNV that she ran back into the danger to help rescue those who had suffered gunshot wounds. "We went back because I'm a nurse and I just felt that I had to," the woman, who identified herself only as Vanessa, told KTNV. "I went to three different scenes. The first one was OK. The second one was worse. And by the time I got to the third one, there was just dead bodies. "There was so many people, just normal citizens, doctors, cops, paramedics, nurses, just off-duty. Everyone was just communicating and working together.”

As the crowds began to scatter, [retired teacher] Mike Cronk stood his ground and tried to help his friend who had taken three bullets to the chest. "Most people started scattering and they climbed the fence, but I had to stay with my buddies," he told ABC News. "We got him over the fence once the firing stopped and slid him under a stage so we were safe.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/us/las-vegas-shooting-heroes/index.html

-----------

Karen Gale … “There were lost shoes all over the ground, women being carried by boyfriends.” “If anything, I learned there is still humanity in this world,” she says. “I saw it.”

Brad Sugars, 46, business coach from Las Vegas: “I stayed with the police and handed out first-aid kits… People were helping people. A girl was wrapping a guy’s thumb and another person was bandaging a wounded leg. Everyone was trying to help …

Heather Gooze, 43, bartender, Los Vegas: Gooze was working at a bar toward which people ran … three men carried victim Jordan McIldon over on a ladder. “His phone was locked but Facebook messages kept coming in, so I went on Facebook and found him, sent messages to everyone who had the same last name. After we found his family, I promised them we wouldn’t leave him. I was with him when he took his last breath.”

http://people.com/crime/las-vegas-shooting-heroic-actions-night-of-terror/

----------------------------

Heather Melton, 'He saved my life. He grabbed me and started running when I felt him get shot in the back,'

Glendale firefighter Steve Keys was shot while performing CPR on a woman at the concert venue. He is expected to survive.

Former Marine Taylor Winston and Jenn Lewis, found an unattended truck and used it to transport people to the hospital. In two trips, Winston and Lewis were able to transport two dozen people to Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4942928/Stories-heroism-emerge-amid-Las-Vegas-massacre.html

---------
Tom McIntosh had just helped his wife and another festivalgoer over a wall to escape the massacre when he was shot in the leg and quickly began to bleed out. … James Lawson, Army Reserve member, found McIntosh tied a belt around his leg in a makeshift tourniquet, the work of a stranger who didn't quite know what they were doing. … Lawson emphasized there were more stories like theirs out there. "There was dozens and dozens of other concertgoers doing the same thing," Lawson said. "They couldn't leave anybody behind, they were running back towards the fire to help more people. There's got to be hundreds of stories like this one."

"I saw a field with a bunch of white trucks," Winston said. "I tested my luck to see if any of them had keys in it, first one we tried opening had keys sitting right there. I started looking for people to take to the hospital." … "Once we dropped them off, we were like well, let's go back for round two and go get some more," he said. "I transported probably 20 to 30 people injured to the hospital."

http://www.complex.com/life/2017/10/meet-the-heroes-of-the-las-vegas-shooting-massacre

Out of rep. I've been hearing a lot of these too. You can be damn sure that if the crowd was full of the type of people mocking them saying they deserved it because of who they thought they might support you wouldn't be hearing any of this.

shakey1
10-04-2017, 06:57 AM
Out of rep. I've been hearing a lot of these too. You can be damn sure that if the crowd was full of the type of people mocking them saying they deserved it because of who they thought they might support you wouldn't be hearing any of this.

covered... yes , much needed positive spirit at this time.

Wooden Indian
10-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Great thread. Common folks banding together and the average (and hated male), protecting and sacrificing themselves for the women they don't even know.

God bless them.

donnay
10-04-2017, 09:29 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again.

Beautiful thread, and I owe you one. With all the negative news that surrounds us, these stories always instill my faith in humanity.