PDA

View Full Version : Even Director of National Intelligence acknowledges NKorea actions aimed to avoid Libya's fate

goldenequity
09-27-2017, 07:05 PM
“The lessons that we learned out of Libya giving up its nukes … is, unfortunately:
If you had nukes, never give them up. If you don’t have them, get them.”
--- Dan Coats, Trump director of national intelligence, explained at the Aspen Security Forum.

Trump Intel Chief: North Korea Learned From Libya War to “Never” Give Up Nukes
https://theintercept.com/2017/07/29/dan-coats-north-korea-nukes-nuclear-libya-regime-change/

Raginfridus
09-27-2017, 08:10 PM
If you give up your nukes, your country's basically grease for the tank treads. I'd have to keep the nukes and ensure they'd deliver to DC or LA, if I was an Axis of Ebul despot.

I'd rather that Obama hadn't shipped them rocket engines through Ukraine, and I'm skeptical they've really got nukes, but there's no sense in finding out.

There must have been a deal made under Bush or Obama to trade delivery systems for the occasional manufactured crisis, which the USG could exploit for gains against China and Russia and exploiting post-9/11 paranoia at home.

It was probably made when Kim Jong Il began opening his country, and China, ROK, and Russia began to overtake our own influence.

enhanced_deficit
09-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Even Director of National Intelligence acknowledges NKorea actions aimed to avoid Libya's fate

Or Iraq's or Syria's.

Such a global village reputation is becoming a seriously dark blot on or national courage character.. that we only invade countrires that don't have nukes. We were supposed to be bold and not afraid in our purpose of freedom.

So when are we going to have boots on the ground to teach this bully a lesson who called our leader a "mentally deranged" d-word?

kpitcher
09-28-2017, 05:44 PM
South Africa gave up their nukes years ago.