PDA

View Full Version : April 19th 2008 - biggest moneybomb EVER before or since!

GunnyFreedom
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
On a clear, beautiful day, April 19th 1775, the day after Paul Revere's famous ride to activate the Minuteman Network, a mass of British troops were marching on Lexington Green, and facing a rag-tag group of American Minutemen less than a quarter their number.

This was the day that a few bedraggled but passionate men stood their ground against the vastly superior establishment of his majesty's regular infantry. They stood their ground and fired, the shot heard 'round the world!

Now, the opening salvo at Lexington Green did not go so well for the faithful Minutemen gathered there, but the delay of the British Regulars allowed a superior number of Minutemen to gather at Concord bridge, and later that same day as the British were marching on Concord, the American Minutemen devastated the British Regulars and sent them packing back to the safety of Boston Harbor, harassing them by fire every step of the way.

The time has come again, to take a shot at the establishment, and make the redcoats turn tail! Not with guns and muskets, but with voices, votes, and our wallets.

The Fifth of November was an earth-shaking event. The 12th of December was even more spectacular. It is time now to fire our own salvo in the SHOT HEARD 'ROUND THE WORLD and declare to the corrupt political establishment that we're not going to take it anymore!

So join me on April 19th 2008, as we raise up the biggest moneybomb in the history or the future of the United States.

Eight Americans lost their lives at Lexington Green, and eighty seven at Concord. A total of ninety five of our men died in the first day of the American Revolution, inflicting 273 KIA'a against the British Regulars.

Let us therefore seek 95,000 donor pledges, with a fundraising goal of $27.3 million dollars. (That translates to each person donating $287.37) on April 19th, 2008 - to fire the shot heard 'round the world once again - and throw off the chains of bondage which hold us today!

AUTHOR'S NOTE: If this is well received, expect a website within 2 weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Lexington_and_Concord
http://www.theamericanrevolution.org/battles/bat_lex.asp

DrRich
12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
lets win some states first.

GunnyFreedom
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
It's not if we win, but when we win. I know that sounds trivial, but it is important.

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
April is 10 years away.

GunnyFreedom
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
April is 10 years away.

All the more reason to start now, I should think. That gives us until January 15th to plan, until Feb 5th to launch, and until April 19th to gather support. That's just my thinking though.... with more advanced notice, there will be a better response, no?

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I think it is an unnecessary distraction right now -- tantamount to looking ahead to the Superbowl before we've made it to the playoffs. Regardless of how confident we are that we'll make it to the playoffs, our next opponent requires our full attention.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I love the idea. I am a huge history buff and love that all of these money bombs are being tied into history. I say go for it but if you want the best reaction I would hold off even promoting this until the day after the 16th. I think most people are just too focused on the task at hand to start focusing on another one right now.

celticsman7
12-11-2007, 06:07 PM
The problem is there's only 10 states left after April 19. Now, by then it will probably be clear who has won the nomination. So, let's say it's tied between Huckabee and Romney for first and Paul's in third. The last ten states will probably be trying to separate the tie between the top two. Would it influence voters if we had a huge moneybomb after the nomination is almost sealed?

Of course, we could probably win all those 10 states if we had a $50 million moneybomb. Highly realistic with this much planning. All you need is 500,000 $100 donations. Now, if we all did this, it could propel Paul's third party candidacy. And if he ran as an independent with Hagel, Sanford or any of the other big guys, we could probably give Hilary and Rudy (or whoever) a run for their money. But, would it work if Paul is continually finishing third at 18% in all the primaries? How many would be willing to donate a $100 then? Just something to debate.

RPTXState
12-11-2007, 06:14 PM
No. Moneybombs won't be worth the time, effort, or $ after the first few primaries.

Teaparty and Dec 31st are it. Then GO OUT AND CAMPAIGN!

bbachtung
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
April 19 is a bad day in American history, as well. That was the day, in 1995, of the Murrah Federal Building (in Oklahoma City) being bombed, which resulted in the deaths of over 150 people, including children in a daycare center located in the building. It was also the day, in 1993, of the botched attack on the Branch Davidians in Waco, which resulted in the deaths of dozens of people, including women and children.

francioshouse
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
April is way to late. After the Tea Party we all need to be donating smaller amounts more regularly to carry the campaign through to Super Tuesday. Visit this site for more info.
Ron Paul Regional Money Bomb (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html)

MyKillK
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Bad idea. I can just see the MSM headlines now: Ron Paul's marijuana 420 celebration money bomb

EDIT: Not to say there's anything wrong with marijuana, and I agree with RP's stance on the federal drug war. But marijuana is not the best thing to associate with, especially for a presidential candidate.

I Am Weasel
12-12-2007, 03:18 PM
hmm... how bout April 15th? for tax day? hmm???

And just a thought, but I think we should also wait to see how he does in New Hampshire and Iowa...

Paul4Prez
12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Hopefully everyone will just max out (as much as individual circumstances permit) on December 16th, and leave the money bombs to the new supporters he will pick up after posting strong results in the early primaries.

Jon S
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
april 20th anybody? haha

Paul4Prez
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
April 19th is also the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, which is pretty much an ender in terms of negative associations.

RlxdN10sity
12-14-2007, 12:06 AM
April 19 is a bad day in American history, as well. That was the day, in 1995, of the Murrah Federal Building (in Oklahoma City) being bombed, which resulted in the deaths of over 150 people, including children in a daycare center located in the building. It was also the day, in 1993, of the botched attack on the Branch Davidians in Waco, which resulted in the deaths of dozens of people, including women and children.

That is a very suspicious couple of coincidences in my opinion.

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Bad idea. I can just see the MSM headlines now: Ron Paul's marijuana 420 celebration money bomb

EDIT: Not to say there's anything wrong with marijuana, and I agree with RP's stance on the federal drug war. But marijuana is not the best thing to associate with, especially for a presidential candidate.

Lexington and Concord = Marijuana???? :confused:

Paul Revere was a stoner??? :confused:

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2007, 05:01 AM
April 19th is also the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, which is pretty much an ender in terms of negative associations.

And I was BORN on September 11th. Doesn't mean I stop celebrating my birthday just because some nut decided to blow something up decades later on the same date.

April 19th 1775 is arguably the most important date in American history. :mad:

That was THE DATE on which the American Revolution STARTED! :mad:

What the frell is WRONG with people? :confused:

DarkLaw
12-14-2007, 05:29 AM
That is a very suspicious couple of coincidences in my opinion.

I was in Oklahoma City at the time.
McVeigh did it with that date in mind!

Go forth, and educate yourself! LoL
He did it with purpose regarding Waco.

Bryan
12-15-2007, 12:01 AM
hmm... how bout April 15th? for tax day? hmm???

And just a thought, but I think we should also wait to see how he does in New Hampshire and Iowa...
That's where my bet is- I picked this up just after 11/5:

www.thisapril15th.com

:) It is looking out a bit but I'd say most could relate to an IRS protest than anything else. But that's just me. :)

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2007, 03:31 PM
I can't believe that people think 'tax day' is a more important day for us in the "Ron Paul Revolution" than is the actual first day of the American Revolution. Doesn't history mean anything to us anymore? :(

It was because of April 19th 1775, that we even HAD a July 4th 1775.

I'll bet even more Americans have heard of the American Revolutionary War, than have heard of the Boston Tea Party. Clearly, Ron Paul wants to repeal the 16th amendment, but why would tax day be more relevant to the Ron Paul Revolution, than the actual first day of the actual American Revolution? :confused:

I mean, am I just stupid? Am I that far out of step with the American public -- even those of the Ron Paul Revolution -- where I somehow do not understand that the American Revolution has become irrelevant to us? Is the American Revolution just something that We the People want to forget? :mad:

I really don't get it. :(

justinc.1089
12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Join me in the even bigger than the biggest moneybomb ever on the Bill of Rights Day next December 15th!!!

We could realisticly do $100 million dollars with an entire year to plan and promote!!!!

justinc.1089
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I can't believe that people think 'tax day' is a more important day for us in the "Ron Paul Revolution" than is the actual first day of the American Revolution. Doesn't history mean anything to us anymore? :(

It was because of April 19th 1775, that we even HAD a July 4th 1775.

I'll bet even more Americans have heard of the American Revolutionary War, than have heard of the Boston Tea Party. Clearly, Ron Paul wants to repeal the 16th amendment, but why would tax day be more relevant to the Ron Paul Revolution, than the actual first day of the actual American Revolution? :confused:

I mean, am I just stupid? Am I that far out of step with the American public -- even those of the Ron Paul Revolution -- where I somehow do not understand that the American Revolution has become irrelevant to us? Is the American Revolution just something that We the People want to forget? :mad:

I really don't get it. :(

Yes you don't get it. The first goal is to raise money at strategic points of time to help Paul win. Getting money waaaaaaay after its needed is stupid and pointless.

This will almost be over by the date you're talking about unless Paul doesn't get the nomination. Then we will have even more of this to go through to try to win a third party run.

History is nice and all, but its only associated with the fundraising drives to make a point with the fundraising and to excite people so that they will donate. Its not like since July 4th is very important in American history we're going to plan a moneybomb on July 4th. It would be pointless since July 4th is like 6 months away and everything will be over by then. Get it now?

justintempler
12-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Yes you don't get it. The first goal is to raise money at strategic points of time to help Paul win. Getting money waaaaaaay after its needed is stupid and pointless.

This will almost be over by the date you're talking about unless Paul doesn't get the nomination. Then we will have even more of this to go through to try to win a third party run.

History is nice and all, but its only associated with the fundraising drives to make a point with the fundraising and to excite people so that they will donate. Its not like since July 4th is very important in American history we're going to plan a moneybomb on July 4th. It would be pointless since July 4th is like 6 months away and everything will be over by then. Get it now?

Amen!

Instead of dreaming up the next moneybomb we should be connecting with the masses that don't use the internet.

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I was under the impression that when we won in the primaries, we would need more funding for the general election; and if we can give money FOR the general prior to the end of the primaries, then that resets our $2300 dollar limit.

Of course, we can always TRY to run the general election without money....

WRellim
12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I was under the impression that when we won in the primaries, we would need more funding for the general election;

Worry about THAT later... we need to WIN the gosh durned primaries first.

Efforts for something in mid April will be wasted at this point in time, and divert people from the task at hand.

GunnyFreedom
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Well, it surely wasn't my plan to start making a huge effort about, it until AFTER Feb 5th, at which point we will basically know who wins the primaries... This is more like a "Hey, do you guys like the idea of hosting a MB on the day of the opening salvo of the American Revolution?"

dvictr
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
i like the idea... as long as thats part of the first quarter...

GunnyFreedom
12-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, 1st qtr ends March 31st. Is the first day of the 2nd qtr when the McCain-Feingold $2,300 clock resets? I'll admit that I'm not that familiar with FEC regs. I had assumed that the clock reset when the candidate was nominated, but I could well be wrong. The important thing here, is to set a big fundraiser just *before* the McCain Fiengold clock resets, so that Ron Paul has a fat bank account going INTO the Generals when those maxed out can start giving again.

E. Nordstrom
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
No. Moneybombs won't be worth the time, effort, or $ after the first few primaries.

Teaparty and Dec 31st are it. Then GO OUT AND CAMPAIGN!

Do both!