PDA

View Full Version : Q2 Tally

singapore_sling
07-01-2007, 06:18 PM
When should we expect to know the results? The deadline was last night right?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-01-2007, 06:20 PM
They HAVE to report by July 15, so the 16th would be the latest we would know. Some democrats have already leaked their figures. We have no idea when the RP campaign is going to let us in on it. I'm hoping for a leak through the RonPaulForums. Hopefully John from Des Moines won't tease us along for a full night with the figure. :)

ecliptic
07-01-2007, 06:22 PM
The forum gets cranky when it has to wait for things!

Original_Intent
07-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Heh heh :)

I expect the longer we wait the better the news. If it was bad news I think they would want to get it out there quickly so we could get over it and move on - maybe even commit to "work harder" (poor old Boxer from Animal Farm).

I think good numbers they will delay as long as possible to keep the opposition in the dark. I guess that might hold true for good or bad numbers though.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll bet they are working their tails off to open all the snail mail, deposit the checks, and compile everything. They still have a very small staff.

ChrisM
07-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll bet they are working their tails off to open all the snail mail, deposit the checks, and compile everything. They still have a very small staff.
Oh, right. The deadline was yesterday, so checks postmarked then might not come in until Tuesday or Wednesday, later if they were mailed from Alaska or Hawaii.

singapore_sling
07-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I just read this Time article on the candidates and fundraising and found this little snippet "As for the other GOP contenders, none is expected to raise much more than $1 million, further cementing the perception that their chances of breaking into the top tier of candidates are small." Boy I really think they are going to be blown away by our numbers.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Just let 'em keep on talking... :D

Original_Intent
07-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I just read this Time article on the candidates and fundraising and found this little snippet "As for the other GOP contenders, none is expected to raise much more than $1 million, further cementing the perception that their chances of breaking into the top tier of candidates are small." Boy I really think they are going to be blown away by our numbers.

That put a grin on my face. Someone hasn't been paying attention. :rolleyes:

LastoftheMohicans
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM
While I think the Q2 totals will be around 4.2M, it would be nice if it were 6M. That way we us use http://youtube.com/watch?v=JvNrAoxy-h8, with some editing, of course. Dr. Paul, I believe, did have knee replacement surgery and he does walk on a treadmill. So, it's not that farfetched.

Well, I just dated myself.

Roxi
07-02-2007, 12:52 AM
no matter what the numbers are you know MSM is going to knock it down a few notches

Revolution9
07-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Well, I just dated myself.

Heh.. I thought your handle did:)

Best Regards
Randy

LastoftheMohicans
07-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Heh.. I thought your handle did:)

Best Regards
Randy

The last version of Last of the Mohicans only came out in '92. The Six Million Dollar Man was mid 70's.

DavyDuke17
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I think they should release it now while all the news shows are talking about how much all the other campaigns have raised. They are talking all about Obama's impressive numbers and McCain's disappointing figures. If he doesn't release it soon they probably won't even mention his figures.

Starks
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Should we expect a 6 figure number or something astronomical?

Thatguyuknow
07-02-2007, 07:46 PM
If we get 6 million dollars we could buy a motor powered all terrain mechanical exoskeleton suit with IRS guided laserbeam cannons and rocket propelled grenade launchers to combat tyranny. Fit in dimension and size for Dr. Ron Paul of course, and in spirit of transformers the movie; He'll be able to morph into Thomas Jefferson to instill ancient fears into liberal minds.

It'd be awesome.

njandrewg
07-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I think they should release it now while all the news shows are talking about how much all the other campaigns have raised. They are talking all about Obama's impressive numbers and McCain's disappointing figures. If he doesn't release it soon they probably won't even mention his figures.

actually I think they should wait. Give the news time to talk itself out of Obama/Clinton/Guilliani etc numbers, then when that dies down, he can release his numbers and everyone will instantly know where he stands

Texan4Life
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
laser beams are a must

LibertyCzar
07-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Apparently Bad News for John McCain. This means it's time to fire people.

Beyond Good News for Ron Paul. They'd have to shoot us with tranquilizers because we'd be so excited.

What's the difference? One guy is a canned Establishment candidate with unpopular positions. He needs to buy his support. The other guy is a grassroots candidate with refreshingly popular but sadly unfamiliar positions. He could almost sell his support. :D

joshuainmn
07-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking that the numbers will be above estimates, but not as impressive as the actual number of people who donated. If they release that information (not sure if it's even tallied?) that would be very impressive. For instance, 1 man can donate 2000 bucks, or 80 people can donate 25 bucks. Whats more impressive? I think that will really show that ron isn't just an internet phenomenon, but that he actually has a large support base.

In the ends, it's the votes that are tallied. Lets just hope this trend continues. :)

DavyDuke17
07-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Joshuainmn, I'm not sure if they report the number of people that have donated, but that shouldn't stop the campaign from releasing it in a press release. I know that Obama has said that he had almost 250,000 people donate.

MozoVote
07-02-2007, 09:41 PM
What is sad, is that in the 19th centrury, it really was the debates and the issues. Yes, there were cigar filled rooms and old pols and cronies to get past... but nobody would be talking about how much money was raised, or where someone is in the polls.

Issues and size of the crowd was what won the day.

quickmike
07-02-2007, 09:44 PM
I might be way off here, but I read that Romneys numbers fell short of what he expected, same with Rudy Ghoullianis, and especially McCains. So.......... where did all the funds go? Maybe lots of people who saw Ron in the debates donated to him instead? Could be.

DXDoug
07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I might be way off here, but I read that Romneys numbers fell short of what he expected, same with Rudy Ghoullianis, and especially McCains. So.......... where did all the funds go? Maybe lots of people who saw Ron in the debates donated to him instead? Could be.

Hopefully that is right, im wishing they would come out with them numbers:eek:
Its got me more curious then anything on the internet. Bored...

He has had a way better numbers visiting his site then the other canidates.

Roxi
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
i reeeeallllly dont think i can wait til the 15th im going crazy now just thinking about it
I wonder how many people called in to donate after the iowa rally

MsDoodahs
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Don't know if you guys saw this...Nick Bradley at the LRC blog linked to this:

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/121164.html

"It's been a little less than a month since the rumors started trickling out about Ron Paul's second quarter fundraising. Plugged-in ex-Rudy Giuliani web guy Patrick Ruffini speculates:

My surprise prediction on the Republican side: Ron Paul will raise at least $4 million.

That would be huge news. Only the top three GOP candidates are expected to announce multi-million dollar hauls. Romney and McCain are actually expected to report a little less than last quarter."

There's a little more at the link, lots of comments, too.

:)

Duckman
07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
I've been hearing everywhere that Libertarian fundraising is way down, Ron Paul is sucking all the air out of the room. It should show up in the figures...