PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Wife Quote "If it wasn't for the grace of God, I'd have shot a few people"

Razmear
12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
This contrasts nicely with Mike's fascistnation (sp) with bathtubs and razor blades.

Source:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/74470

Janet's low point: her run for secretary of State in 2002, in which she was "perceived as thin-skinned, even mean-spirited," says Janine Parry, a political-science professor at the University of Arkansas. Huckabee attacked her opponent over a past DWI conviction and suggested, without verification, that he still had a drinking problem. Responding to critics who questioned her use of state vehicles and troopers to campaign, she told The New York Times, "If it wasn't for the grace of God, I'd have shot a few people already." She got trounced in her race—voters saw her run as an unseemly power play by the couple—and nearly dragged down her husband in his re-election bid that year.

Razmear
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Hmm, I didn't know that Mike's wife maiden name is McCain.

http://www.oldstatehouse.com/collections/first-ladies-gowns/gowns/huckabee/bio.asp

eb

BLS
12-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh.....snap.

IF...I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say the establishment is promoting Huckabee, only in an effort to guarantee Hitlery the Presidency.

He's easy to knock down a peg or two because of his checkered past, he doesn't appear Presidential at all.

What they haven't accounted for is Ron Paul.

Mortikhi
12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Ah, the religious....

philipsantamaria
12-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Ah, the religious....

that's for sure.

TheIndependent
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
...digg?

kylejack
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
What is it with this guy and razorblades and shooting people?

Birdlady
12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Oh.....snap.

IF...I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say the establishment is promoting Huckabee, only in an effort to guarantee Hitlery the Presidency.

He's easy to knock down a peg or two because of his checkered past, he doesn't appear Presidential at all.

What they haven't accounted for is Ron Paul.

I think it is pretty obvious that's what they are doing. You don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to see through their propaganda.

Notice his sudden surge in the polls for no reason whatsoever. I don't think that's even statistically possible.

XelR8r
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Huckabee is a tool.

Luther
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh.....snap.

Definitely. Hillary is the anointed corporate welfare/warfare standard bearer.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
What does this have to do with Ron Paul grassroots stuff???

RonPaulMania
12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Ah, the religious....

Such below the belt comments are unnecessary. There are many more good devout people in this country who profess the title Christian than there are bad. 90% of all volunteer work is by people who claim to be Christian.

Somehow the hypocritical minority makes this anti-religious attitude seem plausible. Frankly it's disgusting and a turn-off to believers.

kylejack
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
If Huckabee ever loses his faith, he will butcher everyone. Sounds like a dangerous candidate.

RadioDJforPaul
12-11-2007, 01:02 PM
lol'ed

mosquitobite
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Huckabee's rise isn't that "out of nowhere".

Most people I talked to after the last couple of debates felt like Huckabee won them. They like his personality.

Considering most voters are apathetic and uninformed, you can see why people would choose Huckabee on a phone poll.

Will those same people get out and vote in the primaries? Doubt it ;)

thisisgiparti
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Huck's wife would be out on parole in no time.

Wendi
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Ahem... I'm "religious". Did you have something to say to me?

Or do you just enjoy making it difficult to encourage people of faith to actually look at Ron Paul as a serious choice?

:rolleyes:

kylejack
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Such below the belt comments are unnecessary. There are many more good devout people in this country who profess the title Christian than there are bad. 90% of all volunteer work is by people who claim to be Christian.

Somehow the hypocritical minority makes this anti-religious attitude seem plausible. Frankly it's disgusting and a turn-off to believers.

Ahem... I'm "religious". Did you have something to say to me?

Or do you just enjoy making it difficult to encourage people of faith to actually look at Ron Paul as a serious choice?

:rolleyes:

Help! We're being oppressed!

ronpaulfollower999
12-11-2007, 02:53 PM
This contrasts nicely with Mike's fascistnation (sp) with bathtubs and razor blades.

Source:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/74470

Janet's low point: her run for secretary of State in 2002, in which she was "perceived as thin-skinned, even mean-spirited," says Janine Parry, a political-science professor at the University of Arkansas. Huckabee attacked her opponent over a past DWI conviction and suggested, without verification, that he still had a drinking problem. Responding to critics who questioned her use of state vehicles and troopers to campaign, she told The New York Times, "If it wasn't for the grace of God, I'd have shot a few people already." She got trounced in her race—voters saw her run as an unseemly power play by the couple—and nearly dragged down her husband in his re-election bid that year.

LOL

dircha
12-11-2007, 05:29 PM
So let me get this straight.

Huckabee's wife is an out of control looney who is teeters on the edge of going out on a shooting rampage.

Huckabee's son hangs stray dogs from trees and tortures them to death when he's not busy trying to take concealed firearms into airports.

And Huckabee himself has an obsession with cutting himself in a tub of warm water.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

This is one FUCKED UP bunch of people.

If this nutcase gets in office, it's time to get as far from any major metropolitan area as you can.

Razmear
12-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Huckabee's wife is an out of control looney who is teeters on the edge of going out on a shooting rampage.

Huckabee's son hangs stray dogs from trees and tortures them to death when he's not busy trying to take concealed firearms into airports.

And Huckabee himself has an obsession with cutting himself in a tub of warm water.

If this nutcase gets in office, it's time to get as far from any major metropolitan area as you can.

Nice summary, but I hadn't heard about his psychotic offspring, if you have any linkage, please share.

eb

Spirit of '76
12-12-2007, 07:09 AM

And in a Time article from yesterday, Huck's daughter, who is managing his campaign in Iowa, talks about how much she wants to hit people who criticize her dad.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1693434,00.html

This is one violent family...

JDeVriese
12-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Some of these comments with respect to family are absolutely uncalled for.

FreeTraveler
12-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Some of these comments with respect to family are absolutely uncalled for.

Not really; ever heard the old saying "birds of a feather flock together?"

JDeVriese
12-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Yes I have, and I would have to ask if you would enjoy someone saying these things about your family members regardless of materiality. Dr. Paul's platform is strong enough to take on Huckabee, let the rest of the candidates take these cheap shots.