PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about Trump he is destroying people's belief in government

Cleaner44
09-14-2017, 07:16 PM
Democrats talking segregation and Calexit, Republicans learning that even Trump is a fraud... this last year has been great for shattering the illusion that government will ever work for We The People.

enhanced_deficit
09-16-2017, 09:21 AM
He has done some damage to media credibility also that used to be an important pillar of our historic democratic republic. He has also caused some problems and instability for two party system, deep stage foreign policy, DGP's founding fathers etc.

Raginfridus
09-16-2017, 09:32 AM
Sure, and to vent their outrage, We the People shall vote Democrat - for an outsider, too. Someone who feels them up the ways they feel themselves; the face of a real rebul... but familiar enough to trust:

https://i.imgflip.com/1i8axq.jpg

dude58677
09-16-2017, 11:42 AM
He made career politics unmarketable.

nikcers
09-16-2017, 11:47 AM
The worst thing about Trump is he is ending people's hope of stopping political cronyism and corruption because people think he was corrupted after he got elected and not that he always was a scammer.

juleswin
09-16-2017, 11:50 AM
The only thing this is doing is making voters rethink the idea of ever giving an anti establishment politicians/non politicians power to anything. By the time he is out of office, the average American voter would have a new found appreciation for people like Obama and Bush.

timosman
09-16-2017, 11:54 AM
The only think this is doing is making voters rethink the idea of ever giving anti establishment politicians/non politicians power to anything. By the time he is out of office, the American voter would have a new found appreciation for people like Obama and Bush.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ce/d1/60/ced160cc485569076e6914398b1a7303--debbie-downer-quotes-negative-nancy.jpg

dude58677
09-16-2017, 12:00 PM
The only think this is doing is making voters rethink the idea of ever giving anti establishment politicians/non politicians power to anything. By the time he is out of office, the American voter would have a new found appreciation for people like Obama and Bush.

No, because there is always someone from the outside better than Donald Trump.

juleswin
09-16-2017, 12:07 PM

But they would be more reluctant to give that person a chance. The devil you know is always preferred over the devil you don't know. Trump has turned out to be a spectacular failure in changing anything in Washington. He is Obama and Bush but he just doing the same thing in a very irritating way.

Raginfridus
09-16-2017, 12:14 PM
The only thing this is doing is making voters rethink the idea of ever giving an anti establishment politicians/non politicians.He was never either of those things. Trump's been one of the most political establishmentarians in the past 20, if not 30 years. He bet on his audience, and that is all.

dude58677
09-16-2017, 12:16 PM
But they would be more reluctant to give that person a chance. The devil you know is always preferred over the devil you don't know. Trump has turned out to be a spectacular failure in changing anything in Washington. He is Obama and Bush but he just doing the same thing in a very irritating way.

Kid Rock is pretty popular and there are a lot of celebrities considering running in 2020 and beyond. I think Wesley Snipes would be a great candidate because of his issues with the IRS.

acptulsa
09-16-2017, 12:26 PM
He was never either of those things. Trump's been one of the most political establishmentarians in the past 20, if not 30 years.

I don't know how it could be any more obvious. This is still the person who invited the Clintons to his wedding. This is still the guy who bragged about buying congressmen during his campaign--and was believed because everyone already knew it.

Trump as Outsider was a false narrative set up and reinforced by the major 24/7 news sources. It is Fake News.

Like all Urban Legends and other disinformation, the b.s. of Outsider Trump will fail the test of time. Only the most moronic if Fake News Consuming Chowderheads believe it today.

timosman
09-16-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't know how it could be any more obvious. This is still the person who invited the Clintons to his wedding. This is still the guy who bragged about buying congressmen during his campaign--and was believed because everyone already knew it.

Trump as Outsider was a false narrative set up and reinforced by the major 24/7 news sources. It is Fake News.

Like all Urban Legends and other disinformation, the b.s. of Outsider Trump will fail the test of time. Only the most moronic if Fake News Consuming Chowderheads believe it today.

I could see that from the beginning from my bunker, Trump was no Jesus. Nostradamus move over. Debbie Downer is in the house.:cool:

dude58677
09-16-2017, 12:48 PM

In politics, perception is reality. If people perceive that Donald Trump is an outsider than outsiders will run for office and the right one among them will be elected.

nikcers
09-16-2017, 01:02 PM
In politics, perception is reality. If people perceive that Donald Trump is an outsider than outsiders will run for office and the right one among them will be elected.
In politics reality is what people feel is real. People believe stuff just because they want to believe it.

acptulsa
09-16-2017, 01:31 PM
In politics reality is what people feel is real. People believe stuff just because they want to believe it.

A wise man once said much the same thing.

'The average man does not get pleasure out of an idea because he thinks it is true; he thinks it is true because he gets pleasure out of it.'--H. L. Mencken

The Fake News media understands this phenomenon well. Maybe by the time he's ninety, dannno will get an inkling too.

The funny thing about all of this is, every cycle people spend all this time dissecting how the Deep State won the last election. And every cycle, they spend this time dreaming up a whole new way to win the next election.

The only thing which can tip this thing our direction is inoculating people against the temptation to vote against their best interests in order to go along with the herd. But considering the lengths people went to to condemn Rand Paul for trivialities and forgive Donald Trump for felonies, I don't suppose there's any hope for us.

timosman
09-16-2017, 01:36 PM
I don't suppose there's any hope for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkW96IM_8nY

EBounding
09-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Republicans learning that even Trump is a fraud... this last year has been great for shattering the illusion that government will ever work for We The People.

Yeah, but once 2020 comes it will be "The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime" again and they won't care about DACA, the Wall or anything else because the "other side" will be so much worse.

acptulsa
09-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Yeah, but once 2020 comes it will be "The Most Important Election of Our Lifetime" again and they won't care about DACA, the Wall or anything else because the "other side" will be so much worse.

Hard to believe they'll find something more evil than the Wicked Witch of the West for us to vote against. But have faith. They are resourceful.

Wooden Indian
09-16-2017, 01:56 PM
The best thing about Trump is Hitlery being in prison.

Seriously though, there was that whole "Two For One" regulation deal. I was a fan of that.

And... Well, I like that he gets those Nancy-assed SJWs so shook. It's fun watching them cry and flail their fragile wrists around in hysterics.

This is hard. The guy's a bum

nikcers
09-16-2017, 02:17 PM
The best thing about Trump is Hitlery being in prison.

Seriously though, there was that whole "Two For One" regulation deal. I was a fan of that.

And... Well, I like that he gets those Nancy-assed SJWs so shook. It's fun watching them cry and flail their fragile wrists around in hysterics.

This is hard. The guy's a bum

Yeah but it was always "One for all" regulation for debbie downers like me.

Cleaner44
09-16-2017, 02:58 PM
The worst thing about Trump is he is ending people's hope of stopping political cronyism and corruption because people think he was corrupted after he got elected and not that he always was a scammer.

Why is learning the truth a bad thing?

People will again choose what they see as the lesser of two evils. What else can they do?

acptulsa
09-16-2017, 03:10 PM
People will again choose what they see as the lesser of two evils. What else can they do?

They can realize there isn't enough difference between the two evils to worry about, and tell all their neighbors--with a smile--that they've found a non-evil to vote for.

Gumba of Liberty
09-16-2017, 04:06 PM
Why is learning the truth a bad thing?

Plenty...

Refuse to pay taxes
Use the State Govs as a Shield "State Nullification"
Political Art/Music
Renounce Honors/Obligations to the State
Refuse to Cooperate with the State
Boycott Businesses that work with the State
Start a Business
Strike if you work for the State
Work slowly "slow compliance" if you work for the State
Withdraw all your money from the Banking System
Publicly Fast
March to spread awareness
Become a Teacher
Makes Anti-State T-Shirts
Refuse to Submit Your Selective Service Card
Occupy Public Property in Protest
Refuse to pay Fines
Public Prayer
Jury Nullification
Refuse to enforce/follow Unjust Laws "Personal Nullification"
Overload Adminstrative Systems
Remove your Mailbox
Remove your License Plates
Learn to Think Critically

(Take responsibility for your actions if you do any of the above and the State responds.)

surf
09-16-2017, 04:13 PM
I started out this thread with a good outlook that quickly turned sour. thanks for the discussion

Gumba of Liberty
09-16-2017, 04:29 PM
The MSM is Exposed. The "Deep State" (Military Industrial Complex, CIA, Wall Street, Hollywood, Globalist Syndicate) is Exposed. The American Empire has been Exposed and is currently being rejected by every country not named Israel & Saudi Arabia. The 2nd Amendment is Protected. We can still grow gardens, raise chickens, and brew our own whiskey. Sounds like winning to me.

Champ
09-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Democrats talking segregation and Calexit, Republicans learning that even Trump is a fraud... this last year has been great for shattering the illusion that government will ever work for We The People.

This is what I have been trying to point out since the Calexit started. People wanted a wrench thrown into the system and that's pretty much what they got. Trump is proving to be quite effective at destroying people's belief in government and/or the system, whether or not this is intentional. Democrats, Repubs, Libertarians, and just about everyone else hates the face of our government for a number of different reasons right now, some having to do with Trump, others having to do with all of the entities trying to bring him down and their tactics. As long as he remains stubborn, difficult, unpredictable, and not completely controllable, this should continue.

Operations by the Fed are more gridlocked than usual and flowing like molasses as they frantically bicker over Trump and how to defeat him, rather than debating the degree to which liberties should be destroyed. The intelligence apparatus is now exposed for the sham they are and the deep state is now visible. On top of that he has destroyed the integrity of the mainstream media to such an extent it does not feel like they will recover. This is what makes him, perhaps, the best face of government we have had in a long time, because it's creating doubts in the minds of most American citizens, something that is long overdue.

enhanced_deficit
09-16-2017, 06:22 PM
The only thing this is doing is making voters rethink the idea of ever giving an anti establishment politicians/non politicians power to anything. By the time he is out of office, the average American voter would have a new found appreciation for people like Obama and Bush.

EM.

It is possible but quite improbable IMO.

Not entirely to his credit but it won't be easy now to duplicate/surpass massive blunders of Bush/his handlers (like dumb Iraqi freedom invasion) and of Obama/his political slave masters (ike dumb creation of ISIS terrorist group and instigation of civil wars bloodbaths throughout mideast). More likely he would end up being a great one-liner speecher/twitterer/middle-grounder in policy who manages to avoid and to some extent reverse massive blunders of Bush/Obama & masters co just by being himself, by wearing his thoughts on his sleeves, by keeping very few secrets etc. Sure there could be more future episodes like where he talks about letting military generals escalate war in Afghanistan and the next day talks bout firing the top general in Afganistan but that is path probably to gridlock and even slow improvement in the current mess but not to focuseed, costly blunders of the scale we have seen when US regime was fully in control of neocons' owners.

Cleaner44
09-16-2017, 06:37 PM
Plenty...

Refuse to pay taxes
Use the State Govs as a Shield "State Nullification"
Political Art/Music
Renounce Honors/Obligations to the State
Refuse to Cooperate with the State
Boycott Businesses that work with the State
Start a Business
Strike if you work for the State
Work slowly "slow compliance" if you work for the State
Withdraw all your money from the Banking System
Publicly Fast
March to spread awareness
Become a Teacher
Makes Anti-State T-Shirts
Refuse to Submit Your Selective Service Card
Occupy Public Property in Protest
Refuse to pay Fines
Public Prayer
Jury Nullification
Refuse to enforce/follow Unjust Laws "Personal Nullification"
Overload Adminstrative Systems
Remove your Mailbox
Remove your License Plates
Learn to Think Critically

(Take responsibility for your actions if you do any of the above and the State responds.)

I think we both know that the average American can't think outside of the box enough to do most of these things on your list.

Gumba of Liberty
09-16-2017, 08:53 PM
I think we both know that the average American can't think outside of the box enough to do most of these things on your list.

Can you blame them? It's football season baby! Of course, pain has a unique way of curing ignorance. When the dollar fails so will the bread and circuses. More pain = More people looking for new solutions to there suffering. If the average American can't think outside the box, right now, then plant seeds and start now! Start with your friends, family, local community and work your way out. All long term solutions to our problems must come from the local people themselves. If the people don't know better, teach them.

Zippyjuan
09-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Less faith in government means less participation which in turn gives even more power to the elites.

Swordsmyth
09-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Less faith in government means less participation which in turn gives even more power to the elites.

Some people might react that way, many will decide that government shouldn't have so much power if it can't be trusted.

timosman
09-16-2017, 10:36 PM

Zippy nails it again.:cool:

Raginfridus
09-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Less faith in government means less participation which in turn gives even more power to the elites.USG don't derive power from our participation, that's just magic talk and make believe. America's elites mostly gain power by fraud and by force, which most Americans go along with, so long as USG deliver on the "free" stuff. The ballot-box is just a smokescreen of legitimacy, or lipstick on a pig.

Now, if there was an opposition government, elections could matter again.

Cleaner44
09-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Can you blame them? It's football season baby! Of course, pain has a unique way of curing ignorance. When the dollar fails so will the bread and circuses. More pain = More people looking for new solutions to there suffering. If the average American can't think outside the box, right now, then plant seeds and start now! Start with your friends, family, local community and work your way out. All long term solutions to our problems must come from the local people themselves. If the people don't know better, teach them.

I have come to the conclusion that people don't want to be taught about liberty, it is something they have to learn for themselves when they are ready because of circumstances in their own life.

Cleaner44
09-17-2017, 06:31 PM

False. Power is not changed by less people voting. Power is not changed by petitions or strongly worded letters of protest. The people in our federal do what they want regardless of law, voting, faith, etc.

Can you remember one instance of politicians getting in trouble with the law since Abscam?

Power in DC is immune to the level of faith from the voters.

H. E. Panqui
09-18-2017, 05:35 AM

:cool:

...hopefully someday the brain-laundered idiots who STILL vote for/affirm/support in any way ANY of these miserable republicrat inc. puppets realize that 'our country' 'society' etc., would be far superior were we to choose public office-holders randomly 'from the phonebook', etc., rather than allowing these goddamned miserable republicrat inc. puppet$ to dominate 'our' offices...btw, trump has made me laugh more, and he has has made me more hopeful for a collapse of this hideous 'republicratdom' than any republicrat stinker ever!..that's the best medicine!..

H. E. Panqui
09-18-2017, 05:50 AM
USG don't derive power from our participation, that's just magic talk and make believe. America's elites mostly gain power by fraud and by force, which most Americans go along with, so long as USG deliver on the "free" stuff. The ballot-box is just a smokescreen of legitimacy, or lipstick on a pig.

Now, if there was an opposition government, elections could matter again.

...the $mokescreen will dissipate nearly precisely in proportion to the rate at which the republicrat-voting fools quit legitimizing these republicrat inc. bankster-puppet monetary ignoramuses, warmongers, etc., with their 'votes/affirmation'...

...btw, i believe you will find there has NEVER been any honest, thoughtful 'opposition' to the bank$ter-puppet-government...you and/or i have SURELY never seen it...

dude58677
09-18-2017, 07:13 AM

...hopefully someday the brain-laundered idiots who STILL vote for/affirm/support in any way ANY of these miserable republicrat inc. puppets realize that 'our country' 'society' etc., would be far superior were we to choose public office-holders randomly 'from the phonebook', etc., rather than allowing these goddamned miserable republicrat inc. puppet$ to dominate 'our' offices...btw, trump has made me laugh more, and he has has made me more hopeful for a collapse of this hideous 'republicratdom' than any republicrat stinker ever!..that's the best medicine!..

The people in these forums against Donald Trump support term limits. Career politicians will never vote for term limits. The only thing that can be done is to make career politicians unmarketable and that is done by electing non politicians to office. They refuse to evolve. These same people want to do the same things and expect different results such as voting third party. Even if someone doesn't like Donald Trump, he got the ball rolling as far as getting rid of career politicians and yes the country will be far better off in the long run without career politicians.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2017, 08:00 AM

Disagree.

The less "average Americans" participate in government, the better.

If I had my way, 90 percent of idiot Amerika would not be allowed within 100 yards of a voting booth.

Swordsmyth
09-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Disagree.

The less "average Americans" participate in government, the better.

If I had my way, 90 percent of idiot Amerika would not be allowed within 100 yards of a voting booth.

Exactly, it makes me mad when I see the "non partisan" get out the vote drives, getting more random idiots who are so disengaged that they weren't going to vote to vote and dilute the influence of those who know and care about the issues is evil.

shakey1
09-18-2017, 02:41 PM
The best thing about Trump he is destroying people's belief in government

likely too little, too late.