PDA

View Full Version : Motel 6 hotels sending guest lists to ICE

goldenequity
09-13-2017, 05:19 PM
We'll leave tha light on for ya.

Motel 6 hotels sending guest lists to ICE
http://thehill.com/latino/350510-motel-6-calling-ice-on-undocumented-guests

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/police_ice.jpg?itok=vcYTBF3a

At least two Motel 6 locations in Arizona are reporting their guest lists to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers, which has resulted in at least 20 arrests, according to local media.

Phoenix New Times reported on Wednesday that two franchise locations of the motel chain are sending their guest lists to ICE agents "every morning," and possibly receiving $200 per undocumented immigrant caught in the sting.

"We send a report every morning to ICE — all the names of everybody that comes in," one front-desk clerk told the Times. "Every morning at about 5 o'clock, we do the audit and we push a button and it sends it to ICE."

According to the Times, ICE agents perform "knock and talks" at the locations after receiving the guest lists, which means officers show up at the hotel without a warrant and knock on doors asking permission to enter. If they are refused, they come back with a warrant.

oyarde
09-13-2017, 08:38 PM
The one in the town closest to me is where the town trustees put up the homeless and where all the guys getting out of prison stay while looking for work .

TheTexan
09-13-2017, 08:44 PM
and possibly receiving $200 per undocumented immigrant caught in the sting.

That's way more than the reward I've usually been getting.

oyarde
09-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Who is getting the 200 and what tax paid entity is paying it out of what line item on the budget ?

RJB
09-13-2017, 08:51 PM
I stayed in a 10 story Motel 6 in Inglewood, CA. Before that, I didn't know they made multistory motels.

oyarde
09-13-2017, 08:55 PM
That's way more than the reward I've usually been getting.

Yeah that is more than Massachusetts Colony and New Hampshire paid for scalps of indian women and children ( only 60 dollars ) .