PDA

View Full Version : Hillary: ‘1984’ Teaches Public Should Trust ‘Leaders, The Press, Experts’

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Hillary: ‘1984’ Teaches Public Should Trust ‘Leaders, The Press, Experts’ Who Know What’s Good for Them (http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/09/13/hillary-1984-teaches-public-should-trust-leaders-the-press-experts-who-know-whats-good-for-them/)
by Charlie Nash - 13 Sep 2017

Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton appeared to misinterpret the message behind George Orwell’s 1984 in her new book What Happened.

In her book, Clinton references Orwell’s classic dystopian novel to argue that American citizens should rely on, and not question, their “leaders, the press [and] experts.”
More: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/09/13/hillary-1984-teaches-public-should-trust-leaders-the-press-experts-who-know-whats-good-for-them/

Swordsmyth
09-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Ignorance is strength.

PierzStyx
09-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Man, I hated defending Killary, but I love exposing Breitbart for the garbage partisan hack site it is; what to do, what to do.

Here is the actual quote:

“Attempting to define reality is a core feature of authoritarianism. This is what the Soviets did when they erased political dissidents from historical photos,” declared Clinton in What Happened. “This is what happens in George Orwell’s classic novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, when a torturer holds up four fingers and delivers electric shocks until his prisoner sees five fingers as ordered.”

“The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust toward exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press, experts who seek to guide public policy based on evidence, ourselves,” she continued, seemingly misinterpreting Orwell’s message. “For Trump, as with so much he does, it’s about simple dominance.”

Seems to be she is saying that we should be able to trust government leaders, the media, etc. but we cannot because they are authoritarian and will use these tools to attempt the manipulate and control us. This is actually easier to understand when you get the whole quote unbutchered from a garbage site like BB:

“Attempting to define reality is a core feature of authoritarianism. This is what the Soviets did when they erased political dissidents from historical photos. This is what happens in George Orwell’s classic novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, when a torturer holds up four fingers and delivers electric shocks until his prisoner sees five fingers as ordered. The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust toward exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press, experts who seek to guide public policy based on evidence, ourselves. For Trump, as with so much he does, it’s about simple dominance.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/13/hillary-clinton-thinks-moral-of-1984-is-that-we-should-trust-the-government-and-media/

That is a message none of us can disagree with. We all DO wish those is power were people we could trust more, people more like Ron Paul, which si why we tried to get him elected. Authoritarianism is about manipulating the masses into surrender their lives to the control of those in power who will manipulate facts to warp our sense of reality to the point where we will willingly choose slavery over freedom. Just such a case is in the book 1984. Trump is an authoritarian engaged in such action. In fact that whole paragraph sounds more like Ron Paul, who has denounced Trump as an authoritarian and used 1984 as an example of where this country is heading, than anything else.

See how much more clearer what she is saying is when you aren't tried to engage in partisan politics to manipulate the minds of your readers into following and obeying you? And isn't that ironic, Breitbart is engaging in exactly the kind of mass media manipulation of reality 1984 discusses and it is accusing Killary of doing by intentionally misleading you about what the 1984 reference is meant in relation to, which was that authoritarian governments torture and warp people not that 1984 meant you should obey those in power. Not surprising since BB is nothing more than a partisan shill site famous for being guided by Steve "I'm a Leninist" Bannon.

Of course Killary herself is an authoritarian warmonger who has used political power to manipulate and control the masses and is therefore just as guilty as Trump, a fact she conveniently leaves out and is probably the real avenue of attack if you're address this quote.

dannno
09-13-2017, 04:48 PM
“Attempting to define reality is a core feature of authoritarianism. This is what the Soviets did when they erased political dissidents from historical photos,” declared Clinton in What Happened.

Antifa?

Swordsmyth
09-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Man, I hated defending Killary, but I love exposing Breitbart for the garbage partisan hack site it is; what to do, what to do.

Seems to be she is saying that we should be able to trust government leaders, the media, etc. but we cannot because they are authoritarian and will use these tools to attempt the manipulate and control us. This is actually easier to understand when you get the whole quote unbutchered from a garbage site like BB:

That is a message none of us can disagree with. We all DO wish those is power were people we could trust more, people more like Ron Paul, which si why we tried to get him elected. Authoritarianism is about manipulating the masses into surrender their lives to the control of those in power who will manipulate facts to warp our sense of reality to the point where we will willingly choose slavery over freedom. Just such a case is in the book 1984. Trump is an authoritarian engaged in such action. In fact that whole paragraph sounds more like Ron Paul, who has denounced Trump as an authoritarian and used 1984 as an example of where this country is heading, than anything else.

See how much more clearer what she is saying is when you aren't tried to engage in partisan politics to manipulate the minds of your readers into following and obeying you? And isn't that ironic, Breitbart is engaging in exactly the kind of mass media manipulation of reality 1984 discusses and it is accusing Killary of doing by intentionally misleading you about what the 1984 reference is meant in relation to, which was that authoritarian governments torture and warp people not that 1984 meant you should obey those in power. Not surprising since BB is nothing more than a partisan shill site famous for being guided by Steve "I'm a Leninist" Bannon.

Of course Killary herself is an authoritarian warmonger who has used political power to manipulate and control the masses and is therefore just as guilty as Trump, a fact she conveniently leaves out and is probably the real avenue of attack if you're address this quote.

She still gets 1984 wrong, the point is that the government wishes to browbeat people into believing anything it says no matter how ludicrous.

Total submission is what she and her ilk want, therefore she wants us to drop all skepticism and just do what we are told, she is pushing the INGSOC line while accusing Trump of doing so.

enhanced_deficit
09-13-2017, 05:02 PM
That may explain her high confidence in the "press" polls and "experts" who had her winning 2016 election in a landslide.
She is a sad demagogue for the altish-Left field. At least genuine Leftists can deserve some respect for being principled, she seems to be little more than a political prostitute like many other professional politicians of all genders.

acptulsa
09-13-2017, 05:20 PM
The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust toward exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press, experts...

That is a message none of us can disagree with.

Speak for yourself. I completely disagree. The goal of the forces of Big Brother is clearly not to 'sow mistrust toward' authority. The goal is clearly to sow trust by making the State appear to never make mistakes--and for those inconvenient people who have memories and the ability to think for themselves, make them scared $#!+less to say a damned thing about it.

That's much more her own game than Trump's, which as she herself notes, seems to be a case of simple dominance simply for the sake of dominance.

So, no, what Daily Caller said isn't really true. But this is clearly a case of Clinton trying to deflect by accusing someone else of something of which she is more guilty.

But, yeah. Either party accusing the other party of this stuff simply begs us to decide if the pot or the kettle is more covered in soot. And anyone who says either the Democratic politicians or the Republican politicians are dirtier is a damned fool.

And that includes the partisan fools around here.

jkr
09-13-2017, 06:07 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif

angelatc
09-13-2017, 06:19 PM

Seems to be she is saying that we should be able to trust government leaders, the media, etc. but we cannot because they are authoritarian and will use these tools to attempt the manipulate and control us.

That is a message none of us can disagree with. We all DO wish those is power were people we could trust more, people more like Ron Paul, which si why we tried to get him elected..

No. No. No. The reason we want to elect Ron Paul is because he would use his power to take their power away. We don't have to worry about trusting them if they have no power over us.

Even in this brief excerpt she makes it clear that we NEED Big Brother.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21728546_10156090798468274_7946556611031267946_n.j pg?oh=392ef5a62311f3849435497c05eaff56&oe=5A570F18

specsaregood
09-13-2017, 06:26 PM
No. No. No. The reason we want to elect Ron Paul is because he would use his power to take their power away. We don't have to worry about trusting them if they have no power over us.

Even in this brief excerpt she makes it clear that we NEED Big Brother.

Its funny cuz just last week or so I posted here that the message that most people would walk away from reading 1984 with is that its best not to fight big brother, just embrace it.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2017, 06:36 PM

Her point is that you (and everyone) should have trusted her and the mainstream media, which have been shown to be The Ministry of Truth as described by Orwell. Her Orwellian control scheme was broken by differing opinion, and she hates opposing opinion. She has turned the entire point of 1984 on it's head, and to her, outlets like RT and others need to be silenced because they bring into question the official Big Sister narrative.

"Trust" your leaders and the media? Never would that come from Ron Paul.

euphemia
09-13-2017, 08:27 PM
No, the point of 1984 was to show what happens when people give over their personal liberty to leaders who should not ever be trusted.

bunklocoempire
09-14-2017, 12:53 PM
What was Orwell's taste in Big Brother real world applications?
Was it similar to Hillary Jezebel Clinton's taste?

Probably wouldn't hurt me to listen to this again.

Tom Woods
Ep. 970 The Real George Orwell (http://tomwoods.com/ep-970-the-real-george-orwell/)

shakey1
09-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Showing her true colors.

GunnyFreedom
09-14-2017, 02:11 PM

I do not believe you are reading this correctly at all. Indeed, it seems pretty blatantly clear that she is saying we need "to rely on" "our leaders, the press, experts who seek to guide public policy."

This is a message that I vehemently disagree with.

Anti Federalist
09-14-2017, 09:58 PM
I do not believe you are reading this correctly at all. Indeed, it seems pretty blatantly clear that she is saying we need "to rely on" "our leaders, the press, experts who seek to guide public policy."

This is a message that I vehemently disagree with.

He is reading it all wrong.

Swordsmyth
09-14-2017, 10:02 PM
He is reading it all wrong.

Pierz reads everything wrong.

timosman
09-14-2017, 10:24 PM
Pierz reads everything wrong.

Pierz was advised by a coach to reach out to others more and started posting on RPF.:cool:

Raginfridus
09-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Its funny cuz just last week or so I posted here that the message that most people would walk away from reading 1984 with is that its best not to fight big brother, just embrace it.Exactly, a happy marriage of Dystopias!

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. uS-0Wkf4ULoHB_ZDVfOzcQEsDm%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

http://www.pindex.com/uploads/post_images/original/image_7656.png

The USG is Orwellian towards marginal societies, but towards the mainstream they're Huxleyan. They can justify a paramilitary presence at rallies and surveillance in the web (o gawd, its dangerous out there), but the mainstream are so docile for the USG they just need games and they're servile.

roho76
09-15-2017, 08:48 AM
This is why I dream of a sponge node type network that is completely decentralized and incapable of being shut down. The government could shut down one node but all traffic would rerouted around it. Until we reach a situation like this, information will never be free.