PDA

View Full Version : Important Update about the Boston Tea Party Rally

Green Mountain Boy
12-11-2007, 10:41 AM
[Cross-posted at Daily Paul http://www.dailypaul.com/node/12667]

Posted December 10th, 2007 by Corie Whalen

This is a quick notice to all the Patriots who are already aware of the Boston Tea Party Freedom Rally (http://www.teapartyrally.com/) event being held at Faneuil Hall in Boston this coming Sunday - especially to those of you who wanted to help us out financially. If you are not familar with this event, please click on the above link to learn more.

Summarizing the trouble we went through, due to the wonderful world of campaign finance law, we had to file, last minute, as a political action committee (The Liberty League (http://www.libertyleaguepac.org/)). As we've been made aware, the Philadelphia group went through the same thing with their rally, and Ryan Hodinka from PA, who spent countless hours on the phone with the FEC, really helped us out, so a special thanks goes out to him.

Anyway, the current state of affairs has us in a bit of a complicated situation. If you donated to the ChipIn I used to have posted in my last entry, you are aware of the fact that we had to refund your money, because it was put into the personal account of one of our meetup members. We hope that you will consider redonating what you did before for advertising, etcetera. Note that any money we do not use in direct conjunction with this event will be donated (a maximum of $2300 from the PAC) to Ron Paul's official campaign on the 16th.

As it stands, we've opened a bank account specifically for The Liberty League, but because in doing that we also had to open a new PayPal account, which takes 2-5 days to verify, if you'd like to donate as soon as possible (which I highly encourage, of course), money can be wired directly to Bob French. He can be reached at 617-642-9357 and will be glad to accept your donation and answer questions you may have. If he cannot get to the phone, please leave a voicemail with your name and number to call you back at.

If you think a massive media blitz advertising this event in the New England area will help Ron Paul's chances in New Hampshire and beyond, then donate! We have a comprehensive media package put together and have many contacts with local outlets. All we need to do is write the check!

Also, I thought the faithful Daily Paulers might be interested to know that Michael Nystrom [owner of the Daily Paul] himself is on the executive board of this newly formed PAC, so you know it's quality :)

As soon as we are able (which will likely be sometime on December 11th), we will put up a link to the PayPal donation form with the appropriate FEC disclaimers, but still encourage you to wire money directly, as it is the most direct and effective way for us to make immediate use of your donation.

Thanks again to all of the amazing Ron Paul supporters out there. This is an unprecedented grassroots movement, and we should all be proud.

Any further questions or requests for clarifications can be directed toward:

CWhalen@gmail.com
508-308-9008

JeffersonThomas
12-11-2007, 12:10 PM
bump digity :)

hillertexas
12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
bump

Green Mountain Boy
12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
bump

Green Mountain Boy
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Major Bump

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 08:21 PM
[Cross-posted at Daily Paul http://www.dailypaul.com/node/12667]

Posted December 10th, 2007 by Corie Whalen

This is a quick notice to all the Patriots who are already aware of the Boston Tea Party Freedom Rally (http://www.teapartyrally.com/) event being held at Faneuil Hall in Boston this coming Sunday - especially to those of you who wanted to help us out financially. If you are not familar with this event, please click on the above link to learn more.

Summarizing the trouble we went through, due to the wonderful world of campaign finance law, we had to file, last minute, as a political action committee (The Liberty League (http://www.libertyleaguepac.org/)). As we've been made aware, the Philadelphia group went through the same thing with their rally, and Ryan Hodinka from PA, who spent countless hours on the phone with the FEC, really helped us out, so a special thanks goes out to him.

Anyway, the current state of affairs has us in a bit of a complicated situation. If you donated to the ChipIn I used to have posted in my last entry, you are aware of the fact that we had to refund your money, because it was put into the personal account of one of our meetup members. We hope that you will consider redonating what you did before for advertising, etcetera. Note that any money we do not use in direct conjunction with this event will be donated (a maximum of $2300 from the PAC) to Ron Paul's official campaign on the 16th.

As it stands, we've opened a bank account specifically for The Liberty League, but because in doing that we also had to open a new PayPal account, which takes 2-5 days to verify, if you'd like to donate as soon as possible (which I highly encourage, of course), money can be wired directly to Bob French. He can be reached at 617-642-9357 and will be glad to accept your donation and answer questions you may have. If he cannot get to the phone, please leave a voicemail with your name and number to call you back at.

If you think a massive media blitz advertising this event in the New England area will help Ron Paul's chances in New Hampshire and beyond, then donate! We have a comprehensive media package put together and have many contacts with local outlets. All we need to do is write the check!

Also, I thought the faithful Daily Paulers might be interested to know that Michael Nystrom [owner of the Daily Paul] himself is on the executive board of this newly formed PAC, so you know it's quality :)

As soon as we are able (which will likely be sometime on December 11th), we will put up a link to the PayPal donation form with the appropriate FEC disclaimers, but still encourage you to wire money directly, as it is the most direct and effective way for us to make immediate use of your donation.

Thanks again to all of the amazing Ron Paul supporters out there. This is an unprecedented grassroots movement, and we should all be proud.

Any further questions or requests for clarifications can be directed toward:

CWhalen@gmail.com
508-308-9008

Great job!