PDA

View Full Version : Trump sides with 3 Texas churches against FEMA

Swordsmyth
09-10-2017, 02:24 PM
President Donald Trump is taking the side of three Texas churches that are suing the Federal Emergency Management Agency over disaster relief funds.
The president writes on Twitter, "Churches in Texas should be entitled to reimbursement from FEMA Relief Funds for helping victims of Hurricane Harvey (just like others)."
The Houston Chronicle reports that the three churches — Rockport First Assembly of God, Harvest Family Church and Hi-Way Tabernacle — sued FEMA on Tuesday for access to relief funding. The lawsuit claims FEMA violates the Constitution by denying disaster funding to faith-based groups.
A Justice Department spokeswoman has told the Chronicle it is "aware of the complaint and will examine the claims."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-mnuchin-draws-hisses-republicans-debt-142947965--politics.html

dannno
09-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Hillary would have done that too.

phill4paul
09-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Kinda defeats the purpose of charitable giving and opens ones church to government scrutiny doesn't it? So, they win. Great? They still get 501c status and taxpayers get to pay more so that churches are compensated by FEMA.

Brian4Liberty
09-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Nothing says charity like redistributing tax-payer money on your own terms. Spend as much as you want, on whatever you want, take an overhead cut for yourself, and send the bill to Uncle Sam.

kpitcher
09-11-2017, 12:50 AM
How much will Joel get reimbursed at his mega church?

dean.engelhardt
09-11-2017, 07:34 AM
Nothing says charity like redistributing tax-payer money on your own terms. Spend as much as you want, on whatever you want, take an overhead cut for yourself, and send the bill to Uncle Sam.

This is my fear also.

I am also trying to get my mind around this statement:
The lawsuit claims FEMA violates the Constitution by denying disaster funding to faith-based groups.

I missed the part of the constitution that says churches get disaster funding.

bunklocoempire
09-11-2017, 02:05 PM
"Churches in Texas should be entitled to reimbursement from FEMA Relief Funds for helping victims of Hurricane Harvey (just like others)."

Nice god ya'll have. Helping is not it's own reward apparently, so fire up the dishonest scales, print some moar $, and lets MAGA.

:rolleyes::mad:

Just wait until the masses really embrace a Google/Microsoft/*Catholic Church/government approved algorithm as religion to do the "helping".
501c has always been a Trojan Horse/wedge/toy that no one should have.

*It could be any denomination, synod, church, etc. -not just R C.C.