PDA

View Full Version : Gov. of US Virgin Islands authorizes National Guard to seize arms and ammo.

phill4paul
09-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Ahead of Hurricane Irma the Governor of the U.S. Virgin Island has activated the National Guard to seize arms, ammunition, explosives and incendiary devices.

U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.

Mapp signed the order Monday in preparation for Hurricane Irma. The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands, subject to approval by the territory’s Justice Department.

Mapp issued an emergency declaration Tuesday and mobilized National Guard units to prepare for the massive storm.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/virgin-islands-allows-national-guard-to-seize-guns-ammo-ahead-of-hurricane-irma/

PursuePeace
09-05-2017, 11:49 AM
I see no problem with this.
The most effective way of battling a hurricane is shooting it. duh.
They need all the guns and ammo they can get.

sparebulb
09-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Am I wrong to assume that the National Guard already has a sufficient supply of guns and ammunition?

If not, this might actually be a nice place to live.

Swordsmyth
09-05-2017, 12:27 PM
We must prevent property owners from harming looters at all costs.:rolleyes:

CaptUSA
09-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Wow - talk about never letting a crisis go to waste!

They can't seriously believe people are going to peacefully give up their guns right before they're going to be the most useful, can they?! This could get really, really ugly.

bunklocoempire
09-05-2017, 12:34 PM
I do solemnly swear, that I will collect a paycheck and follow orders.

phill4paul
09-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Wow - talk about never letting a crisis go to waste!

They can't seriously believe people are going to peacefully give up their guns right before they're going to be the most useful, can they?! This could get really, really ugly.

Well, the good news is that ALL firearms must be registered in the V.I. so it shouldn't take too long to round them up.

CaptUSA
09-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Well, the good news is that ALL firearms must be registered in the V.I. so it shouldn't take too long to round them up.

Lol. Funny.

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380435718ra/880466.gif

jkr
09-05-2017, 01:53 PM
I guess the Constitution does not apply in US territories.
good to know!

shakey1
09-05-2017, 02:33 PM
... & after the storm has passed, their guns will promptly be returned, right?... am I right?:rolleyes:

Wooden Indian
09-05-2017, 03:14 PM
... & after the storm has passed, their guns will promptly be returned, right?... am I right?:rolleyes:

If memory serves, something similar happened during Katrina. Several firearms went unrecovered including some antique valuable ones.

shakey1
09-05-2017, 03:22 PM
If memory serves, something similar happened during Katrina. Several firearms went unrecovered including some antique valuable ones.

bastards

Matt Collins
09-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Will the military follow his illegal order?

oyarde
09-05-2017, 05:46 PM
I guess the Constitution does not apply in US territories.
good to know!

Or within about an hours drive of canadian and mexican border or within that from ea coast . Most Americans live in a constitution free zone is what I hear.

oyarde
09-05-2017, 05:46 PM

How does the virgin islands even have National Guard ?

phill4paul
09-05-2017, 05:49 PM
How does the virgin islands even have National Guard ?

They are the far west of U.S. holdings. The Nazi's could have U-Boats there right now.

oyarde
09-05-2017, 05:50 PM
I would like to know how many explosive devices they have on the registry .

phill4paul
09-05-2017, 05:51 PM

I have yet to hear The Adjutant General BG Deborah Y. Howell respond...

http://www.vi.ngb.army.mil/images/BG_Howell_small.jpg

or Chief of Staff Col. Linda Cills...

http://www.vi.ngb.army.mil/images/col_cills.jpg

oyarde
09-05-2017, 05:53 PM
On the bright side . Chopping up the first looter with an axe or something is more effective visually for the others . Desperate people do not always seem to mind getting shot . They watch tv and do not think it will hurt . I would go with some flaming arrows too . The smell of burnt flesh is a good looter deterrent .

Dr.3D
09-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Or within about an hours drive of canadian and mexican border or within that from ea coast . Most Americans live in a constitution free zone is what I hear.
From what I've been seeing, the whole darned country is already a constitution free zone... they seldom seem to think about it anyway.

osan
09-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Hooboy...

Time to bury the guns, save one or two which are to be hidden in other ways. Then tell the guardsmen to fuck off when they come knocking.

It would appear the governor is ripe for a good, sturdy, and vicious beating.

anaconda
09-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Sounds like another opportunity for the deep state to practice martial law and test various suppositions and techniques. Much like Katrina. Seems like that's mostly what Katrina was.