PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Tzu

Working Poor
09-04-2017, 07:40 PM
http://theseoultimes.com/ST/db2/images/5775-20071016170209.jpg
By Joshua Snyder
Special Contribution

Dr. Ron Paul of Texas is our American sage. He merits the honorific tzu, meaning "master," given to the great thinkers of Chinese antiquity: K'ung Fu Tzu (Confucius), Meng Tzu (Mencius), Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu, Sun Tzu and others. Ron Paul Tzu is both a Confucian gentleman and a Taoist sage.

Dr. Paul's advocacy of constitutional principles and the thought of the founders would gain approval from Confucius, who said "I transmit but do not innovate; I am truthful in what I say and devoted to antiquity (The Analects, VII, 1)." The Paul Administration will serve to "transmit" the ideas of our founders and their documents, which are our classics. There will be no officials who "innovate" upon them with creative interpretations or dismiss them as "quaint." Indeed, Dr. Paul's strict adherence to the letter of the Constitution is reminiscent of the Confucian devotion to the "Rectification of Names," i.e. the restoration of original interpretations of words and the rejection of arbitrariness. Said China's first teacher, "When words lose their meaning, people lose their liberty (ibid. XIII, 3)."

The Confucian statement of the Golden rule─"What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others (ibid. VX, 24)"─is remarkably similar to the "no harm" principle that guides Dr. Paul's libertarian philosophy. While the Confucian version may be less active than the Christian version, it is perhaps more suitable to governance, in that it allows individuals and voluntary associations more leeway and incentive to carry out mutual aid and charity work.

Confucius would applaud Dr. Paul's opposition to rule by a unitary executive with unchecked powers. Confucius rejected rule by force, going as far to say, "Barbarian tribes with their rulers are inferior to Chinese states without them (ibid. III, 5)." Instead, he proposed leadership by example, which is what the Paul Administration will offer America, at home

Read the rest at link

http://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db/read.php?idx=5775

specsaregood
09-04-2017, 08:02 PM
http://theseoultimes.com/ST/db2/images/5775-20071016170209.jpg
By Joshua Snyder
Special Contribution

Read the rest at link

What kind of fu is this? I see no link.

Working Poor
09-04-2017, 08:06 PM
What kind of fu is this? I see no link.

OOOpsie I must have accidentally erased it I added it to the OP

William Tell
09-04-2017, 08:10 PM
The poor link is finally working.

:p

timosman
09-04-2017, 09:40 PM
This blog is open to invited readers only?

Working Poor
09-05-2017, 06:01 AM
This blog is open to invited readers only?

I don't see that you have to be invited. I just found it interesting that a S Korea paper has an article about Ron Paul being a great leader and compares to the art of war great "Sun Tzu" in his non intervention strategy.

specsaregood
09-05-2017, 07:16 AM
I don't see that you have to be invited. I just found it interesting that a S Korea paper has an article about Ron Paul being a great leader and compares to the art of war great "Sun Tzu" in his non intervention strategy.

Yeah works for me too. Interesting find.