PDA

View Full Version : Historic American Flag Flown On Ron Paul Blimp

macdee
12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
You may have seen videos of them constantly changing the American Flag over the Capitol Building in Washington D.C. What their doing is selling these flags to Patriots that want an American flag that actually flew over the Capitol Building. I think you can buy one from the government over the internet. These are very special American Flags and very expensive. Some U.S. House and Senate politicians give them out to their key supporters.

The Ron Paul Blimp is a U.S. historic event! I suggest the American Flag at the tail end of the blimp be replaced with a new "Colonial Thirteen Star" American flag of the same size each time it lands. The flags that were flown would be stored on the Ron Paul Blimp. Each one should be numbered, dated, and a photograph taken with the Captain holding it. A letter of authenticity signed by the Captain of the Ron Paul Blimp would accompany each American Flag flown. At a later date these American Flags could have a large deep blue silk tag attached in the top left corner which is embroidered in gold thread with one inch letters “Ron Paul Freedom One” and just below it's number and date it was flown. Then they will be distributed to Ron Paul supporters that had made major donations to the Blimp Project. This is the first time in U.S. history that a political blimp has flown in two hundred and thirty one years of the founding of America, so these flags would be extremely valuable in the future. These very unique flags are United States Presidential Campaign historical artifacts.

The first “Ron Paul Freedom One” flag would be given to Ron Paul. The second thru the tenth flags would be for Trevor, the Captain and co-pilot, and key members of the Ron Paul Blimp team. The eleventh flag and all following flags would be given to anyone that had made a five thousand dollar contribution to the project. Any flags after that could be auctioned to the highest bidder. I would like one for having the idea, No. 11 please. I myself had purchased four and a half hours of blimp time. Other appropriate items could also be placed onboard the blimp for historical purposes and given along with a letter of authenticity to people that supported this project. Would you like a "Ron Paul Freedom One" American flag that had flown on the first official presidential political blimp in two hundred and thirty one years U.S. history?

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/images/blimplogo2.png

What are your thoughts…

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
As a collector of historic memorabilia I love the idea and would kill for one of those flags. As a professional auctioneer I volunteer my services to auction off the flag :-)

bulloncoins
12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Wonderful idea!

terryp
12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Excellent Idea. Maybe the could carry a box(s) of small flags to sell or give to supporters when they land or have rallies. Sell them at a small mark up. While I can't afford 5g's, I'd spend 20 bucks on a dollar flag that had flown on the blimp.

macdee , just reread they post with "appropriate items" sorry, didn't mean to be redundant.

macdee
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't see why they couldn't have a string of smaller "Ron Paul Freedom One" American flags for supporter contributions of a lesser amount. They could tie it around the cabin on the outside or fly them on a string from the back of the blimp. It would look pretty cool on the blimp! The contribution would have to be worth their time and effort though. Just a idea, five hundred dollars and up in blimp time purchased. I just threw out this idea, it's really for the blimp marketing team to decide.

Bradley in DC
12-11-2007, 10:51 AM
EDIT: Thanks for that!

Mckarnin
12-11-2007, 11:21 AM
You may have seen videos of them constantly changing the American Flag over the Capitol Building in Washington D.C. What their doing is selling these flags to Patriots that want an American flag that actually flew over the Capitol Building. I think you can buy one from the government over the internet. These are very special American Flags and very expensive. Some politicians give them out to their key supporters.

The Ron Paul Blimp is a historic event! I suggest the American Flag at the tail end of the blimp be replaced with a new American flag of the same size each time it lands. The flags that were flown would be stored on the Ron Paul Blimp. Each one should be numbered, dated, and a photograph taken with the Captain holding it. A letter of authenticity signed by the Captain of the Ron Paul Blimp would accompany each American Flag flown. At a later date these American Flags could be embroidered in gold thread in the top right corner with small half inch letters “Ron Paul Freedom One” and just below it's number and date it was flown. This is the first time in history that a political blimp has flown, so these flags would be very valuable in the future. These flags are United States Presidential Campaign historical artifacts.

The first “Ron Paul Freedom One” flag would be given to Ron Paul. The second thru the tenth flags would be for Trevor, the Captain and co-pilot, and key members of the Ron Paul Blimp team. The eleventh flag and all following flags would be given to anyone that had made a five thousand dollar contribution to the project. Any flags after that could be auctioned to the highest bidder. I would like one for having the idea, No. 11 please. I myself had purchased four and a half hours of blimp time. Other appropriate items could also be placed onboard the blimp for historical purposes and given to people that supported this project. Would you like a "Ron Paul Freedom One" American flag that had flown on the blimp?

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/images/blimplogo2.png

What are your thoughts…

Great idea! We'll see if we can make it happen.

DarkLaw
12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Agreed. Very nice idea, brother!
Easy to do but will have a lasting impact.
The smaller things, like selling tiny flags at landings
could pay for the SALARIES of the staff right THERE!

Whaa-zam!

macdee
12-11-2007, 12:41 PM
This is an opportunity to obtain a part of American history. This is the fist time ever in U.S. presidential campaign history which a blimp has been used. A “Ron Paul Freedom One” American flag which actually had flown on the blimp would be of extreme value in the future as a collector’s item. I just thought this is worth mentioning. If I was a collector of American political or aviation history, this could be a very significant historical artifact indeed.

Once the successful "Ron Paul Freedom One" blimp project is complete, there will be no more historical artifacts available. So there will be a very limited number. This will increase the value of the "Ron Paul Freedom One" American flag substantially. It will become a very rare item to own. I would expect to see high profile auctions for this unique and historical American artifact. The future success of the Ron Paul Campaign will only add to this value going forward. This is something for serious collectors to consider.

Paulitical Correctness
12-11-2007, 01:05 PM
One of the best ideas yet!

RP supporters show ingenuity in epic proportions.

Primbs
12-11-2007, 01:20 PM
It has also been suggested that parts of the official banner can be sold off after we are done with the blimp.

dvictr
12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
great idea

JohnnyWrath
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I thought the flags flying over the capital building were free if you applied? I thought so anyway.

macdee
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
It cost money to fly an American flag over the Capitol and you have to contact your representative in Washington D.C. to make arrangements. The Capitol Building will always be there, but the "Ron Paul Freedom One" airship will only fly during the U.S. presidential campaign. After that, no more flags! Only a very limited number of them in the world.

This makes the American flags flown on the blimp very unique. First time ever in American history a blimp had been used for a U.S. presidential campaign. The flags flown on the Ron Paul blimp immediately become American historical artifacts. Their value will go up extremely fast and major auction houses will be interested in them, as well as serious collectors of American history.

ps. I wouldn't want to even think about how valuable they would become with a successful presidential campaign. Consider the historical implications.

JenH88
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Great idea!

freedom-maniac
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Each one should be numbered, dated, and a photograph taken with the Captain holding it. A letter of authenticity signed by the Captain of the Ron Paul Blimp would accompany each American Flag flown. At a later date these American Flags could be embroidered in gold thread in the top right corner with small half inch letters “Ron Paul Freedom One” and just below it's number and date it was flown.

I'm not sure on this, but I believe embroidering with "Ron Paul Freedom One" them would be considered defacing the flags. I wouldn't want anyone to do that. Bush got a lot of negative PR for autographing an American flag for a supporter of his once.

macdee
12-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Having Ron Paul's name on my personal American flag wouldn't bother me a bit. As a matter of fact, I would consider it an honor! It's a historical artifact, so I wouldn't want to actually "fly" this flag. I would protect it and keep it from the elements for historical purposes. However, I modified my post to add a large deep blue silk tag in the top left corner.

If it's an issue, then a large deep blue silk tag could be attached to it in the top left corner with the "Ron Paul Freedom One" one inch gold stitching including it's unique number and date flown on the blimp. This could be done much like the tags they attach "Made in China" onto the American Flags they sell at Walmart.

HOLLYWOOD
12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure on this, but I believe embroidering with "Ron Paul Freedom One" them would be considered defacing the flags. I wouldn't want anyone to do that. Bush got a lot of negative PR for autographing an American flag for a supporter of his once.
If you would like to receive a flag that has been flown over the Capitol Building in Washington D.C., please print and fill out the form below and sent it to your local Congressperson or Senator or call them and ask to speak to the staffer who handles flag requests. ;

link: Flag Flown over the Capital contacts and order forms (http://cybersarges.tripod.com/flagorder.html)

macdee
12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
You can get an American flag flown over the Capitol building anytime. There are hundreds of thousands of them. You will have only ONE opportunity in American history to obtain an American flag flown on the first ever presidential campaign blimp! This is real history. Once the "Ron Paul Freedom One" blimp has landed and it's mission is over, that's it!

There are very few American flags in our U.S. history, and the world for that matter, that can make this claim. This has never been done before. Only a few hundred will be available to major contributors to the Ron Paul Blimp Project. A real American historical artifact and prestigious collectors item for years to come. If you want to be a part of world history, I'd go with the "Ron Paul Freedom One" American flag. The price of one of these can only go up in value! Then consider Ron Paul actually winning the election. I don't think this is EVER going to happen again in two hundred and thirty one years of American presidential campaign history.

Serious collectors of American historical artifacts are already aware this. So are the major auction houses in London and New York.

Arek
12-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I have to say Liberty Political is also showing a very good business model accepting input from their supporters.

macdee
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I couldn't imagine anyone giving up one of these American flags for less then five thousand dollars! Think about it. Auction houses in London, Paris, and New York are interested. This is history in the making! It's all about U.S. history. This has never before happened in two hundred and thirty one years!

kylejack
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
No embroidery, please. No altering of the flag. Good idea, otherwise.

macdee
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
The embroidery will not be on the American flag. A deep blue silk tag would be attached it the top left corner of the flag with gold lettering for authenticity and proof that it had flown on the Ron Paul Blimp. The silk tag will not deface the flag itself. Think of the tags on other things which are added to show their origin. The tag is necessary for historical purposes.

RickNHouston
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
hehehehe! and maybe even talk the owners of the ship to retire it and donate it to the smithsonian !!

\the aiation museum!!

macdee
12-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't think the owner would go for that RickNHouston. What would you do if it was your blimp?

smartbandwidth
12-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks for sharing!!

Freedom is viral!!

Primbs
12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
The large banner could bring in much money. All white pieces of banner go for one price, black pieces of banner go for more and red pieces of banner go for the highest price.

CelestialRender
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Excellent, superb idea.

HOLLYWOOD
12-13-2007, 12:08 PM
This is an opportunity to obtain a part of American history. This is the fist time ever in U.S. presidential campaign history which a blimp has been used. A “Ron Paul Freedom One” American flag which actually had flown on the blimp would be of extreme value in the future as a collector’s item. I just thought this is worth mentioning. If I was a collector of American political or aviation history, this could be a very significant historical artifact indeed.

Once the successful "Ron Paul Freedom One" blimp project is complete, there will be no more historical artifacts available. So there will be a very limited number. This will increase the value of the "Ron Paul Freedom One" American flag substantially. It will become a very rare item to own. I would expect to see high profile auctions for this unique and historical American artifact. The future success of the Ron Paul Campaign will only add to this value going forward. This is something for serious collectors to consider.

IT IS A REVOLUTION, which Dr Paul Reiterated in the GOP debate post yesterday. Why not include the very essence of out heritage, with the colonial flags of the American Revolution?

linked===> Flags of OUR 1st Revolution (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51759)

macdee
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Excellent idea! Need to notify the Blimp Team to use "thirteen star" flag for blimp!

kylejack
12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't think the owner would go for that RickNHouston. What would you do if it was your blimp?
Make this minor concession so that I could rent out my blimp for 350K a month rather than having it sit idle. What would you do?

Edit: I'm retarded, disregard me.

Cleaner44
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Great idea macdee!

ValidusCustodiae
12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
That blimp flying over NC right now most definitely has a U.S. flag still attached to the rear. One of the coolest things I have ever seen, that big mama gettin off the ground!

Zym
12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
IT IS A REVOLUTION, which Dr Paul Reiterated in the GOP debate post yesterday. Why not include the very essence of out heritage, with the colonial flags of the American Revolution?

linked===> Flags of OUR 1st Revolution (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51759)

+1 Use the 13 star "Betsy Ross" flag.

HOLLYWOOD
12-14-2007, 04:38 PM
BETSY ROSS' TOO!

Revolution - Colonial FLAGS of the first Americans (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51759)

macdee
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I sure hope the Ron Paul Blimp team is doing this. It's such a great opportunity to support the project with large donations after the Tea Party 07 moneybomb.

The only thing I think "might" be a problem is getting up to the tail end of the blimp to change it when it's on the ground. It would be great if that had been worked out in some way.

If that's not possible, rig something at the back of the cabin to fly a flag where it would be a lot easer to change out while on the ground. Also there are those two long lines in front of the blimp that hang down that a flag could be attached to. I would put an American flag on the tail end of the ropes for each line.

We have a lot of positive responses on this idea to increase large sponsorships of this project. I'm hoping The Ron Paul Blimp Team worked it out and would let us on the forum know if this is being done.

There is no need to get upset if there were good reasons why it couldn't be done. It would be nice to know though. Just a note, it's important that the flag is flown on the "outside" of the blimp, not just sitting in the cabin for the ride. Flying the flag on the blimp is the whole point and increases it's value greatly since it's visible to the people on the ground.

I'm going to stay optimistic for now. It would be nice to hear from the Blimp Team.

Elijah
12-26-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=720165

Help me find a flag, I will go pick it up right now.

dblee
01-01-2008, 05:21 PM
brilliant! contact trevor!

macdee
01-26-2008, 01:47 AM
I would like to see this happen and time is running out! Let me know the cost of the cherry picker is and I'll pay for it! Then we will only need the flags themselves. I could order a few thirteen flags and fedex them to you. You'll need to provide me with an address so that the flags could be placed on the blimp and flown together. The will need to be signed by the captain along the white trim between the brass loops so that they will be authenticated as flown on the Ron Paul Blimp.

Please contact me and I will pay for the expenses and make arrangements.