PDA

View Full Version : Car Tries To Ram Presidential Motorcade In Springfield MO

angelatc
08-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Spoilers below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yqa5PUViPo&pbjreload=10

Car comes from out of the foilage on the right but libtard planning - the drainage ditch is an almost insurmountable obstacle.

This would be national news if Obama had been in the car.

Seems like the response was pretty slow....

dannno
08-30-2017, 09:38 PM
Did anybody check for Antifa behind the bushes? Maybe they attacked her.

Raginfridus
08-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Libruls can't be this retarded?! Taking the motorcade - in some rice burner sedan? Dumbass is in a torture jet bound for gitmo as we speak. Don't Americans read the manual anymore? To kill a President, you've got to be vetted by the CIA first.

Anti Federalist
08-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Spoilers below:

Car comes from out of the foilage on the right but libtard planning - the drainage ditch is an almost insurmountable obstacle.

This would be national news if Obama had been in the car.

Seems like the response was pretty slow....

Silence, racist.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-19-at-11.28.59-AM.png

Origanalist
08-30-2017, 10:38 PM
I need to get a MAGA hat so I can start trolling these idiots.

Origanalist
08-30-2017, 10:42 PM
They made it through the ditch, did a steering arm get broken?

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2017, 10:51 PM
Brake failure...

Springfield police said the woman's brakes malfunctioned as she was coming out of the Bass Pro call center and warehouse on Kearney St.

Spokesperson Lisa Cox says the woman went over the embankment and ended up on the road.

Police say there were no injuries and no arrests.
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/vehicle-appears-from-woods-as-trump-motorcade-drives-by/801709463

Danke
08-30-2017, 11:34 PM
Brake failure...

http://i.imgur.com/6MD9ANh.jpg

RJB
08-31-2017, 05:57 AM
Hey, what has CPUd been up to? I have not seen her in a while.

Origanalist
08-31-2017, 06:30 AM
Brake failure...

Must be fake news, anyone can see she was trying to kill Trump.

Raginfridus
08-31-2017, 08:59 AM
Must be fake news, anyone can see she was trying to kill Trump.:D She'd have to be the most retarded person in the country if that was in any way planned. For real, she's lucky she isn't on a rendition above gitmo. If the prez was a Bush, that's where she'd be.

acptulsa
08-31-2017, 09:15 AM
Why is it that, in an emergency, about 89% of drivers immediately forget that they have an emergency brake?

Raginfridus
08-31-2017, 09:30 AM
Why is it that, in an emergency, about 89% of drivers immediately forget that they have an emergency brake?They've never driven stick, so pulling for the e brake never enters their brain.

angelatc
08-31-2017, 09:59 AM
:D She'd have to be the most retarded person in the country if that was in any way planned. For real, she's lucky she isn't on a rendition above gitmo. If the prez was a Bush, that's where she'd be.

Yeah, like that poor woman the Capitol Hill police gunned down.

specsaregood
08-31-2017, 11:36 AM
They've never driven stick, so pulling for the e brake never enters their brain.

when my brakes failed while going downhill in a manual, I didn't reach for the ebrake either, I downshifted.

Swordsmyth
08-31-2017, 11:39 AM
Hey, what has CPUd been up to? I have not seen her in a while.

CPUd got itself banned.

angelatc
08-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Why is it that, in an emergency, about 89% of drivers immediately forget that they have an emergency brake?

The emergency brake seems to keep the car from rolling but I don't think it would stop a car that was moving.

acptulsa
08-31-2017, 12:15 PM
when my brakes failed while going downhill in a manual, I didn't reach for the ebrake either, I downshifted.

Another thing 89% of people don't think of in an emergency. But this woman wasn't going that fast. If she had been going fast enough for first gear to slow her down quite a bit, she'd have cleared that ditch (even if she left half her undercarriage behind). And automatic transmissions can not only be manually shifted to lower gears, it's a damned sight easier to do it. No heel-and-toe maneuvers required.

The emergency brake seems to keep the car from rolling but I don't think it would stop a car that was moving.

If so, it's time to adjust it. In any case, the phrase '...I don't think it would...' is clear evidence it's time to test it. Some time when you're approaching a stop sign at modest speed and there's no one behind you (e-brakes don't activate your brake lights), would it kill you to yank the handle? You can still use the service brakes if it's as far out of adjustment as you think it is. Keep your thumb on the button--if it works better than you think it does, it'll lock the rear wheels up and you might slew sideways if you can't release it quickly.

Oh, and putting the auto trans in neutral helps, if you're going too slow for first gear to help. At least you can stop the engine from propelling you forward. Even at idle, the engine pushes you a little while you're in drive. If you're trying to stop, why would you let it keep doing that? It kills me that this stuff is no longer taught in driver's ed. Well, it doesn't kill me, but I shudder to think about how many people do die needlessly.

I check this stuff and practice this stuff now and then, when no one's behind me. It's a lot less painful than checking my smoke alarm--at least it doesn't hurt my ears!

CPUd got itself banned.

Did it to 'it'self, eh? Or did a bunch of partisans just harass the mods into doing it?

In any case, the ban is over, but CPUd appears to find this place too partisan for rational discussion these days.

Raginfridus
08-31-2017, 01:13 PM
when my brakes failed while going downhill in a manual, I didn't reach for the ebrake either, I downshifted.Right, but my point was that I don't know anyone driving automatic, who still use their e brake as parking brake on inclines, and that's really the only time it could ever factor in day-to-day. Unless the driver's used to losing control of their brakes.

Danke
08-31-2017, 02:24 PM
Right, but my point was that I don't know anyone driving automatic, who still use their e brake as parking brake on inclines, and that's really the only time it could ever factor in day-to-day. Unless the driver's used to losing control of their brakes.

Me neither, I only use it on declines.

Raginfridus
08-31-2017, 03:02 PM
Me neither, I only use it on declines.There you go, someone who remembers their parking brake.

acptulsa
08-31-2017, 03:07 PM
There you go, someone who remembers their parking brake.

He has to. Since airplanes have no transmissions, it's awfully difficult to shift them into 'park'.

Raginfridus
08-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Oh, I get it. @Danke (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=6186) thinks he's better than me, because I have to drive, while he's at 30,000 ft dropping chemtrails. ;)

Anti Federalist
08-31-2017, 04:17 PM

Just for the record: more and more new cars do not have true "emergency" brakes.

They have computer controlled "fly by wire" actuators that are energized with a push button, through the ECM, either on or off.

Rendering them utterly useless in a true mechanical/driver emergency situation.

Anti Federalist
08-31-2017, 04:19 PM

It's supposed to.

True emergency brakes are actuated by mechanical means outside and independent of any of the primary hydraulic braking system.

They are supposed to be able to to stop the car in the event of total hydraulic brake failure.

acptulsa
08-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Just for the record: more and more new cars do not have true "emergency" brakes.

They have computer controlled "fly by wire" actuators that are energized with a push button, through the ECM, either on or off.

Rendering them utterly useless in a true mechanical/driver emergency situation.

Makes as much sense as eliminating keylock cylinders, so you can't even get your packages out--or open your hood manually to install the replacement--if your battery dies.

Because only poor people ever run a battery until it dies, right? And people who are doing (not preaching about, but doing) all they can to protect the environment, but who actually cares about them?

Anti Federalist
08-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Makes as much sense as eliminating keylock cylinders, so you can't even get your packages out--or open your hood manually to install the replacement--if your battery dies.

Because only poor people ever run a battery until it dies, right? And people who are doing (not preaching about, but doing) all they can to protect the environment, but who actually cares about them?

Hood?

LOL

More and more new cars, including Mrs. AF's Jeep, have placed the battery in the passenger compartment.

Because, you know, lead acid batteries never fail, plates never short out, and they never, ever give off toxic and explosive gasses.

acptulsa
08-31-2017, 10:07 PM
Hood?

LOL

More and more new cars, including Mrs. AF's Jeep, have placed the battery in the passenger compartment.

Because, you know, lead acid batteries never fail, plates never short out, and they never, ever give off toxic and explosive gasses.

Just trying to kill off a few more smokers before socialized medicine kicks in.

juleswin
09-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Car tries to ram presidential motorcade? does anyone who is not a complete partisan or drama queen believe this shyte? the car probably lost control coming out from the brush and did an immediate correction once he saw the motorcade in front of him/her. Nothing at all to see here

This idea that this would have been more of a national news had it been done while Obama was president would only be true if the video actually did what the headline said it did. This is more fake news from the crowd who cries about fake news the most.