PDA

View Full Version : James Clapper: I agree with Bannon on North Korea

Swordsmyth
08-30-2017, 06:22 PM
James Clapper, former director of National Intelligence, said Tuesday that for the first time he can remember, he agrees with Steve Bannon that US options in dealing with North Korea are "limited."Clapper's comments about the former White House chief strategist follow President Donald Trump's warning to Pyongyang that "all options are on the table" (http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/politics/north-korea-launch-unidentified-projectile/index.html)after North Korea fired a missile over Japan early Tuesday.

"If the North Koreans intended the trajectory of that missile to go over Japan that is a big Rubicon they've crossed," Clapper told CNN's Chris Cuomo.
Clapper argued there needs to be a distinction between a peremptory military option, contrasted with a reaction to a kinetic damage by a North Korean missile.

"The problem as Mr. Bannon observed, we don't know what their red-line is," Clapper said. "Whether they would just react in kind or pause or an all out cataclysmic attack against the South and that's what makes it such a difficult problem."
However, Clapper said after traveling to North Korea in November, he came away with the conclusion that negotiations are the only viable courses of action.
"We may have to hold our nose and we may have to consider some concessions," Clapper said

More at: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/30/politics/james-clapper-north-korea-missile-launch-chris-cuomo-cnntv/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+rss%252Fcnn_us+(RSS%253A+CN N+-+U.S.)

oyarde
08-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Just exactly what concessions would they wish to make ? Is there a list of approved countries those douchebags get to fire missiles over ? Are other countries also on the " get to fire missiles over various countries with no consequence " list or is it just those retards ?

Swordsmyth
08-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Just exactly what concessions would they wish to make ? Is there a list of approved countries those douchebags get to fire missiles over ? Are other countries also on the " get to fire missiles over various countries with no consequence " list or is it just those retards ?

We could stop the joint drills with S Korea or even withdraw our troops if they stop.

We should let the nations of the region deal with them.

oyarde
08-30-2017, 06:44 PM
We could stop the joint drills with S Korea or even withdraw our troops if they stop.

We should let the nations of the region deal with them.

Just for fun ,I would withdraw , drop all sanctions except military use and let them know I intend to spend that money previously used by US troops in the South by giving it to Japan and South Korea to start to build an invasion force to invade NK and eliminate the govt that is firing missiles . I would also let china know I consider them guilty of every act NK is involved in and start working some threat to limit chinese imports.