PDA

View Full Version : Illinois is officially a ‘sanctuary state’

Swordsmyth
08-28-2017, 08:57 PM
With mariachis performing in the background, Governor Bruce Rauner (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics-government/government/bruce-rauner-PEPLT0009070-topic.html) signed the TRUST Act on Monday, at a Mexican restaurant in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood, officially barring cooperation between Illinois police departments and immigration officials.
The TRUST Act, valid in all cases except where a federal judge has issued a warrant for arrest, will make Illinois more welcoming to immigrants and refugees, according to its supporters.

More at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/hoy/ct-hoy-illinois-is-officially-a-sanctuary-state-for-immigrants-20170828-story.html

oyarde
08-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Well , all of the Illinois Gov.'s I ever meet are in prison last I heard .

Schifference
08-29-2017, 04:39 AM
This is wonderful. Soon Illinois minorities will complain about the cost of living and how terrible their schools systems are and how the unemployment is so bad. How children raised in Illinois schools do not do as well as the same race person raised in Maine, Vermont, or New Hampshire where there are few people of that race proving that it is because these children don't have the same books, libraries, teachers....... as those from more white neighborhoods.

XNavyNuke
08-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Daring the President to cut off all federal dollars to the entire state. Hmm, I wonder who is going to blink first?

XNN

Anti Federalist
08-29-2017, 06:30 PM
"The TRUST Act will ensure that those who live in this state of limbo [as concerns immigration status] can have one certainty: When their lives and their families are in danger, they can turn to the police without their world being taken away from them,” said Serafina Ha, of the Korean immigrant services agency, the Hana Center.

If you're just a regular Mundane and not part of the demographic warrior protected caste, then you get no such protection or assurance.