PDA

View Full Version : Drudge just owned the Huckster again.

hocaltar
12-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Drudge Headline: "In DNC Huckabee is known as 'The Glass Jaw'"

Apparently all of Huckabee's gaybashing has earned him an enemy over at the Drudge Report.

www.drudgereport.com

zeegrim
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Drudge Headline: "In DNC Huckabee is known as 'The Glass Jaw'"

Apparently all of Huckabee's gaybashing has earned him an enemy over at the Drudge Report.

www.drudgereport.com

Whenever he *breaks* a story, he doesn't link it right away, I wonder why that is... Is he actually informed on some of them before the story is put online?

Anyway. Looks like good news.

FrankRep
12-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Whenever he *breaks* a story, he doesn't link it right away, I wonder why that is... Is he actually informed on some of them before the story is put online?

To build anticipation

zeegrim
12-11-2007, 09:29 AM
To build anticipation

I guess it's working... *goes back to refreshing the page*

sparebulb
12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I've long suspected that Drudge is a Ghoul/McClaim supporter.

Janet0116
12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Probably because even the Democrats know he is the weakest of all the Republicans. Seriously. This election will be a landslide victory for the Dems if Huckabee is the GOP nomination.

evadmurd
12-11-2007, 09:35 AM
The headline is very accurate. Huckabee would be trampled by Hillary or Obama. I wouldn't doubt if many democrats cross party lines in the primaries to vote for him.

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
I bet Drudge is a silent RP supporter

You think he wants to pay tax on the $700,000-800,000 he pulls in a year on his site?

and this is to be expected with Huckabee, he's a douchebag

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 09:38 AM
The headline is very accurate. Huckabee would be trampled by Hillary or Obama. I wouldn't doubt if many democrats cross party lines in the primaries to vote for him.

as a former Democrat, I can assure you that I would vote Dem in '08 to keep Huckabee out of office

yongrel
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I've long suspected that Drudge is a Ghoul/McClaim supporter.

I remember him expressing libertarian sympathies when he was interviewed on Penn Radio a while back.

hocaltar
12-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I bet Drudge is a silent RP supporter

You think he wants to pay tax on the $700,000-800,000 he pulls in a year on his site?

and this is to be expected with Huckabee, he's a douchebag

I heard Drudge say on his radio show that as far as political philosophy goes, RP's is the closest to his own.

I am telling you on the 16th RP's time will come.

mtmedlin
12-11-2007, 09:44 AM
its says that besides what has already been reported the DNC has even more dirt on him. "not even scratching the surface" on what they got on him.

zeegrim
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhu.htm
Hooray!

DEMS HOLD FIRE ON HUCKABEE; SEE 'EASY KILL' IN GENERAL ELECTION
Tue Dec 11 2007 10:27:53 ET

**Exclusive**

Democrat party officials are avoiding any and all criticism of Republican presidential contender Mike Huckabee, insiders reveal.

The Democratic National Committee has told staffers to hold all fire, until he secures the party's nomination.

The directive has come down from the highest levels within the party, according to a top source.

Within the DNC, Huckabee is known as the "glass jaw -- and they're just waiting to break it."

In the last three weeks since Huckabee's surge kicked in, the DNC hasn't released a single press release criticizing his rising candidacy.

The last DNC press release critical of Huckabee appeared back on March 2nd.

[DNC Press Release Attack Summary:

Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) – 37% (99 press releases)
Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) – 28% (74)
Senator John McCain (R-AZ) – 24% (64)
Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN) – 8% (20)
Governor Mike Huckabee – 2% (4)]

In fact, as the story broke over the weekend that Huckabee said he wanted to isolate AIDS patients back in 1992, the DNC ignored the opportunity to slam the candidate from the left.

"He'll easily be their McGovern, an easy kill," mocked one senior Democrat operative Tuesday morning from Washington.

"His letting out murders because they shout 'Jesus', his wanting to put 300,000 AIDS patients and Magic Johnson into isolation, ain't even scratching the surface of what we've got on him."

The discipline the Democrats have shown in not engaging Huckabee has earned the praise of one former Republican Party official:

"The Democrats are doing a much better job restraining themselves than the GOP did in 2003 when Howard Dean looked like he was on the brink of winning the nomination."

A close friend to Huckabee explains: "Look, Mike is Hillary Clinton's worst nightmare. They should be squirming."

Developing...

FrankRep

yongrel
12-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Awesome!

MrCobaltBlue
Wow that page is worse than John C. Dvorak's...

Luther
Huckabee had secret highway rest-stop rendezvous with preacher buddy Ted Haggard.

FrankRep
12-11-2007, 09:48 AM
The Republicans are going to get crushed. Wake up Reps and vote for Ron Paul.

AisA1787
12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
A close friend to Huckabee explains: "Look, Mike is America's worst nightmare. Everyone should be squirming."

Hey, at least he's honest...

Elwar
12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
This just demonstrates Drudge's bias.

He's been attacking Huckabee for a week.

He's a Giuliani supporter all the way.

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 09:54 AM

Proof he supports RG?

ProBlue33
12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Huckabee can't win too much baggage, the "hold fire" stance works perfect for the the dems. Where are there forums, don't want to troll them, but they need to know, he really doesn't have any chance, he supports the war and he has baggage/skeletons a killer combo.

familydog
12-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Proof he supports anyone at all let alone Guiliani?

zeegrim
Proof he supports RG?

I would assume these attacks would help Romney more because of the close polls in Iowa...

conner_condor
The Democratic National Committee has told staffers to hold all fire, until he secures the party's nomination.

They don't want to go against RP and huckabee would be the easiest to beat. We know now that is why all the MSM from cnn to faux has been building him up to take the GOP nomination.
He will be an easy win over.

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I would assume these attacks would help Romney more because of the close polls in Iowa...

Just an assumption?

I have an assumption, you're clueless.

ashlux
12-11-2007, 10:01 AM

And rightfully so.

conner_condor
12-11-2007, 10:02 AM
What they might know or not is that RP supporters are going to act as the primaries are the general election.They are going to get out there and vote for RP.

zeegrim
12-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Just an assumption?

I have an assumption, you're clueless.

Elaborate. At least i gave a reason for why it would be Romney.
Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking more in terms of who would be more likely to attack Huckabee rather than who Drudge likes.

Elwar
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Proof he supports RG?

No proof, just conjecture. Drudge is biased against Ron Paul though...putting up that San Francisco video about the canceled straw poll for only 30 minutes...

He takes down the post GOP debate polls quickly when Ron Paul wins.

The Nov. 5th day garners Ron Paul a small headline...which is pretty much the only headline he had on Drudge in November...

RPinSEAZ
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Of course the dems are holding fire. Here is my list from easiest to hardest to beat for the Democrats.

1. Tancredo - No money and his only platform is immigration.
2. Hunter - Hasn't done anything
3. Huckabee - Right Wing Progressive, the worst of both worlds
4. Giuliani - Too much baggage, mob ties, kids hate him etc
5. McCain - Only talks about the war, likes using the government to interfere in markets
6. Thompson - talks a good game but doesn't appear to want to win
7. Romney - lots of funding but some flip flopping and Mormonism may hold him back
8. Paul - For obvious reasons

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Pardon me if I am being an ass on some of my posts, but the speculation on this forum has gotten out hand.

FrankRep
12-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Pardon me if I am being an ass on some of my posts, but the speculation on this forum has gotten out hand.

What do you mean?

TheIndependent
12-11-2007, 10:18 AM
A close friend to Huckabee explains: "Look, Mike is Hillary Clinton's worst nightmare. They should be squirming."

Translation: "Excuse me, but we need to change our britches right about now. In the meantime, please pretend that we actually have substance underneath this unsubstantive rhetoric. And Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. You do know about Jesus, right? Even though we talk a big game about how Jesus would never have entered politics, we sure do want to make sure you know about Jesus on the campaign trail. Hey, is that Elvis over there?" *YOINK!*

The reasonable folks who wish to keep religion and politics at arm's length (for the benefit of religion) have to be wretching right about now when it comes to Huckabee and how he represents their faith. Frankly, I'm surprised I haven't heard The Huckster invoke "Spiritual Warfare" yet.

Chernitsky
12-11-2007, 10:18 AM
What do you mean?

I think it's just been a long morning here at the office and I am having a conversation with myself through this thread....

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughwiggle.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

bgoldwater
12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
This is great. Drudge is putting an all out assault on this guy.

TheIndependent
12-11-2007, 10:24 AM
By the way, look for "Huck and the Bees" to pull the "reverse psychology" rebuttal. I really can't believe the denial some of these people are in, but I really wouldn't put it past them.

I know if I supported a candidate like Huckabee and all of this came out, I'd be seriously reconsidering my choice right about now. The last person I'd want to be associated with would be someone with a record like his; like how Paul's record speaks for our thirst for freedom and restored liberty, Huckabee's record, well...it doesn't do his supporters any favors, especially when it comes to the AIDS Quarantine debacle.

V-rod
12-11-2007, 10:50 AM
DNC will soon issue a statement to their staffers that if Ron Paul is nominated, their only real option is to raise the white flag and surrender honorably.

Mark Rushmore
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
DNC will soon issue a statement to their staffers that if Ron Paul is nominated, their only real option is to raise the white flag and surrender honorably.

I'm sure the Dems are prepared to finish this war with honor and victory.

Heather in WI
12-11-2007, 10:59 AM

What on earth are you talking about? I don't think he's a Giuliani supporter at all. He has run many anti-RG stories.

The only Ron Paul stories he has run (that I can remember) are ones about our fund raising day.

I read the in depth article about him last summer in some magazine and I believe that it said he was a libertarian.

V-rod
12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I know if I supported a candidate like Huckabee and all of this came out, I'd be seriously reconsidering my choice right about now. The last person I'd want to be associated with would be someone with a record like his; like how Paul's record speaks for our thirst for freedom and restored liberty, Huckabee's record, well...it doesn't do his supporters any favors, especially when it comes to the AIDS Quarantine debacle.

Hey, even Jimmy Swaggart still has his flock, although it's much, much smaller.

http://www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/swaggart.jpeg

paulitics
12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Its amazing, everything was so gung ho CHuckabee a week ago, than bang: Shock and Awe, full assault on this guy, to wear he looks like a complete, hideous monster. I hope our resolve is at least as strong as the Chuckabees when its our turn.

TheIndependent
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey, even Jimmy Swaggart still has his flock, although it's much, much smaller.

Sure he does, but the other 99.99999999999% of the U.S. justifiably think they're a bunch of batshit insane crazies.

The Huck supporters plugging their ears and screaming "LALALALA I DON'T HEAR ANYTHING! LALALALA!" are going to be in for a rude awakening soon enough, as if the AIDS issue wasn't just the tip of a very large iceberg.

And I'll be right here when the serious attacks come to Paul's campaign. There just isn't much on the guy that hasn't already been said and deflected over his 10 terms in Congress.

V-rod
12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
We are going to really need to get organized for massive phone call/snail mail/email letters when Paul starts wining Primaries and the slander will pour in.

JMann
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Probably several reason but my guess is that new organizations give him the scoop prior to release to build anticipation and for the information to get attention.

Why does Huck hate gay people so much? That Christianity crap gets to be disgusting. Didn't Jesus love lepers? Huck who claims to follow Jesus' teachings wants to put today's lepers in isolation. WTF?

hocaltar
12-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Why does Huck hate gay people so much? That Christianity crap gets to be disgusting. Didn't Jesus love lepers? Huck who claims to follow Jesus' teachings wants to put today's lepers in isolation. WTF?

It's not Christianity, it's a certain sect of Christians that have more faith in the laws of man than in the laws of God.

TheIndependent
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
It's not Christianity, it's a certain sect of Christians that have more faith in the laws of man than in the laws of God.

As an ex-Christian (now atheist), I'd have to agree with this.

hocaltar
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
In all honesty though when it comes to plagues, isolation is the only solution, save a cure.

However, little do people know, there is a solution for AIDS. Many people will laugh but I will bet you with 99.999999% certainty that if you and your spouse don't have sex before marriage, you probably won't get HIV. Now many people won't choose to do this, myself includedl; however, it doesn't change the fact that if everyone did this for one generation HIV/AIDS would be just about wiped out.

Personal responibility. :)

TheIndependent
12-11-2007, 12:18 PM
In all honesty though when it comes to plagues, isolation is the only solution, save a cure.

Really, it isn't the best solution at all, especially if you're distrustful of the government. It's the initiation of force against an entire population of the United States, no different than forcing people into a camp, tearing entire families apart who can manage the problem themselves. Now, imagine having all of these people interred for up to 30 years of their lives. Outcasts all of them, even though many weren't at fault themselves (early transfusions, etc).

You should have seen the fear and scorn a couple of kids in my high school took for just being HIV+ after they were outed. It was sad, and mainly due to the misinformation that pervaded society (the very same that Huckabee talks about). The kids were always accused of being gay. The other students wanted the kids gone. Just gone. The HIV+ kids just wanted an education and to live out their life in the most productive manner possibly to society.

The real solution is to practice personal responsibility and get regular tests for STDs and know everything you can before you "pop the top", so to speak. Use condoms, and all that jazz we learned in school.

I have HIV+ friends. They don't deserve to be isolated when all many of them want from other people is understanding, and even a hug without someone worrying whether they'll "catch the gay" or "get the AIDS".

anotherone
12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
as a former Democrat, I can assure you that I would vote Dem in '08 to keep Huckabee out of office

As a former Libertarian, I can assure you'd that I would also vote Dem in '08 to keep Huck out of office.

Spirit of '76
12-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Earlier a guy called in to Rush Limbaugh and said that his friend, a Democrat partisan, is going to NH to campaign for the Huckster so that Hillary can trounce him in the general election.

devil21
12-11-2007, 08:01 PM
The bible thumping Jesus freaks are the only people who would vote for Huck in a general election. No dems would come over to his side, no independents, nothing. It would be a beating that hasn't been seen in a long, long time. Having said that, no way Huck wins the GOP nomination unless the backroom deals to sink the GOP and elect HRC are realized.

Richandler
12-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Hopefully the right-wing pundits just murder Huckabee's reputation over the next few weeks. The guy is nuts an will lose to any Demcrat he faces.

Theocrat
12-11-2007, 09:04 PM
The bible thumping Jesus freaks are the only people who would vote for Huck in a general election. No dems would come over to his side, no independents, nothing. It would be a beating that hasn't been seen in a long, long time. Having said that, no way Huck wins the GOP nomination unless the backroom deals to sink the GOP and elect HRC are realized.

I'm a "Bible-thumping 'Jesus freak,'" and yet I support Congressman Paul. In my view, Mike Huckabee is a false conservative and doesn't even support the kind of government that the Scriptures teach us about. So, please be mindful of how you label other people because they might just be fellow Ron Paul supporters, like I am. Thank you.