PDA

View Full Version : YouTube "Economically Censors" Ron Paul, Labels Videos "Not Suitable" For All Advertisers

timosman
08-27-2017, 04:46 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-27/youtube-economically-censors-ron-paul-labels-videos-not-suitable-all-advertisers

Aug 27, 2017

Former US Congressman Ron Paul has joined a growing list of independent political journalists and commentators who’re being economically punished by YouTube despite producing videos that routinely receive hundreds of thousands of views.

In a tweet published Saturday, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tweeted a screenshot of Paul’s “Liberty Report” page showing that his videos had been labeled “not suitable” for all advertisers by YouTube's content arbiters.

Assange claims that Paul was being punished for speaking out about President Donald Trump’s decision to increase the number of US troops in Afghanistan, after Paul published a video on the subject earlier this week.

The notion that YouTube would want to economically punish a former US Congressman for sharing his views on US foreign policy – a topic that he is unequivocally qualified to speak about – is absurd. Furthermore, the “review requested” marking on one of Paul's videos reveals that they were initially flagged by users before YouTube's moderators confirmed that the videos were unsuitable for a broad audience.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user245717/imageroot/2017/08/19/2017.08.26ronpaul.JPG

Other political commentators who’ve been censored by YouTube include Paul Joseph Watson and Tim Black – both ostensibly for sharing political views that differ from the mainstream neo-liberal ideology favored by the Silicon Valley elite.

Last week, Google – another Alphabet Inc. company – briefly banned Salil Mehta, an adjunct professor at Columbia and Georgetown who teaches probability and data science, from using its service, freezing his accounts without providing an explanation. He was later allowed to return to the service.

Conservative journalist Lauren Southern spoke out about YouTube’s drive to stifle politically divergent journalists and commentators during an interview with the Daily Caller.

“I think it would be insane to suggest there’s not an active effort to censor conservative and independent views,” said Southern.

“Considering most of Silicon Valley participate in the censorship of alleged ‘hate speech,’ diversity hiring and inclusivity committees. Their entire model is based around a far left outline. There’s no merit hiring, there’s no support of free speech and there certainly is not an equal representation of political views at these companies.”

Of course, Google isn’t the only Silicon Valley company that’s enamored with censorship. Facebook has promised to eradicate “fake news,” which, by its definition, includes political content that falls outside of the mainstream.

Still, economically punishing a former US Congressman and medical doctor is a new low in Silicon Valley's campaign to stamp out dissent.

Danke
08-27-2017, 04:50 PM
And a few members here support that:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?514375-Paul-Joseph-Watson-won-t-be-around-much-longer&highlight=Watson

nikcers
08-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Now that you mention it... I thought something was wrong with Ron's channel but thought it might be something wrong with the way they are posting the new videos or maybe something about it being a live stream or something to do with my metadata -

Brand new liberty report episodes don't show up for me under searches on the day they get posted - they used to until maybe a couple months ago. I have to go to his channel and click on the videos to see the new episode, when before I could search ron paul and sort by recently uploaded.

Swordsmyth
08-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Former US Congressman Ron Paul has joined a growing list of independent political journalists and commentators who’re being economically punished by YouTube despite producing videos that routinely receive hundreds of thousands of views.
In a tweet published Saturday, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tweeted a screenshot of Paul’s “Liberty Report” page showing that his videos had been labeled “not suitable” for all advertisers by YouTube's content arbiters.

YouTube economically censors former presidential candidate @RonPaul (https://twitter.com/RonPaul) for criticizing U.S. foreign policy on Afghanistan and WikiLeaks. pic.twitter.com/AnC88rZkhO (https://t.co/AnC88rZkhO)
— Julian Assange ???? (@JulianAssange) August 26, 2017 (https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/901555436930859008)
Assange claims that Paul was being punished for speaking out about President Donald Trump’s decision to increase the number of US troops in Afghanistan, after Paul published a video on the subject earlier this week.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-27/youtube-economically-censors-ron-paul-labels-videos-not-suitable-all-advertisers

acptulsa
08-27-2017, 05:49 PM
He's definitely not suitable for all advertisers. Like Boeing. Lockheed Martin. General Electric...

Champ
08-27-2017, 05:52 PM
If people are still in denial about the obviously targeted censorship at this point, I'm not sure what else will convince them. The great advertising wars of 2017 continue.

angelatc
08-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Yep. The left already controlled the MSM and the schools. The internet was a wild card, but they're reining that in ASAP.

Brian4Liberty
08-27-2017, 06:40 PM
...how ever will I sleep through the night?

Some Trumptard is whining that he isn't being given as much money as he used to be, and then says that YouTube shouldn't have private property rights. Can someone explain why I should care?

First they came for some guy you don't like...

Anti Federalist
08-27-2017, 06:54 PM

BOOM! goes the fucking dynamite.

Anti Federalist
08-27-2017, 06:58 PM
You're all on the list.

SPLC says so.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51cVVI-%2BxrL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Ron-Paul-Americas-Most-Dangerous/dp/147001453X

timosman
08-27-2017, 07:37 PM
You're all on the list.

The real problem is we can explain he shouldn't be.:cool:

P3ter_Griffin
08-27-2017, 09:12 PM

Youtube is a match maker not a market maker. If youtube is missing matches for creators they are missing out on the 50% of the pie that is in the agreement. Instead of hosting the content to make money they are hosting it like a charity, that does not sound like censorship. And it doesn't even stop content producers from monetizing youtube hosted videos.

acptulsa
08-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Youtube is a match maker not a market maker. If youtube is missing matches for creators they are missing out on the 50% of the pie that is in the agreement. Instead of hosting the content to make money they are hosting it like a charity, that does not sound like censorship. And it doesn't even stop content producers from monetizing youtube hosted videos.

If they control the categories, and they lump people who oppose wars and money that shrinks in bank accounts like wool in a hot dryer in with vocal neo-nazis and people who openly advocate lynching, and they give advertisers two choices--run your ads on our un-approved videos or don't, how is that not depriving peaceniks and sound money advocates of revenue?

If these people run out of funding to make informative new videos, does it ever rise to the level of censorship in practical terms?

PRB
08-27-2017, 09:24 PM
it's been at least 9 years since this site has been online, people are still complaining about a private company choosing to be unfair to certain users? what happened to freedom?

Swordsmyth
08-27-2017, 09:43 PM
it's been at least 9 years since this site has been online, people are still complaining about a private company choosing to be unfair to certain users? what happened to freedom?

We can complain all we want, we can do things as private citizens too, the only thing we can't do is try to get government involved to make the companies do what we want.

P3ter_Griffin
08-27-2017, 09:46 PM
If they control the categories, and they lump people who oppose wars and money that shrinks in bank accounts like wool in a hot dryer in with vocal neo-nazis and people who openly advocate lynching, and they give advertisers two choices--run your ads on our un-approved videos or don't, how is that not depriving peaceniks and sound money advocates of revenue?

If these people run out of funding to make informative new videos, does it ever rise to the level of censorship in practical terms?

If they run out of funding it is because they didn't have a market for advertisers, sponsors, and/or individuals willing to purchase access to their videos, or they failed to market their product. It would mean youtube's 'economic censorship' is a real reflection of the market, not just their marketing teams failures to find a match.

I do find it odd that Ron is on the receiving side of this. But at the same time as someone said above (I think you) ge, boeing, etc may really wish to not advertise on his channel. It could be that some advertisers don't want their products associated with politics at all. Or maybe youtube is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off after a few PR hits and advertisers pulling their money and are being overly cautious to the point of costing themselves money.

Danke
08-27-2017, 10:47 PM
If they run out of funding it is because they didn't have a market for advertisers, sponsors, and/or individuals willing to purchase access to their videos, or they failed to market their product. It would mean youtube's 'economic censorship' is a real reflection of the market, not just their marketing teams failures to find a match.

I do find it odd that Ron is on the receiving side of this. But at the same time as someone said above (I think you) ge, boeing, etc may really wish to not advertise on his channel. It could be that some advertisers don't want their products associated with politics at all. Or maybe youtube is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off after a few PR hits and advertisers pulling their money and are being overly cautious to the point of costing themselves money.

I think it is youtube making the decision, not advertisers.

P3ter_Griffin
08-27-2017, 11:09 PM
I think it is youtube making the decision, not advertisers.

I agree, based on Assange's tweet it looks like youtube employs people to review whether the video is 'suitable for all advertisers' or not. They are making these decisions in attempts to please the advertisers, their customers.

dannno
08-27-2017, 11:14 PM
I agree, based on Assange's tweet it looks like youtube employs people to review whether the video is 'suitable for all advertisers' or not. They are making these decisions in attempts to please the advertisers, their customers.

Hahhahahhahahahahahahhah...

That's a good one.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-27-2017, 11:16 PM

Voicing opinion is incompatible with freedom?

oyarde
08-27-2017, 11:19 PM
He's definitely not suitable for all advertisers. Like Boeing. Lockheed Martin. General Electric...

Yeah , I just use " Not suitable for statists "

devil21
08-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Yep. The left already controlled the MSM and the schools. The internet was a wild card, but they're reining that in ASAP.

It's not the "left", meaning Democrats. It's the globalist NWO communists that masquerade as both the left and the right and also control the corporations in question.

PRB
08-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Voicing opinion is incompatible with freedom?

no.

Brian4Liberty
08-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Conservative And Independent YouTube Channels Hit By Censorship And Demonetization

YouTube is now demonetizing videos from content creators deemed too controversial for the platform, and conservatives and independents are being heavily impacted.

The move follows YouTube’s announcement earlier in August to catch and flag “controversial religious and supremacist” content hosted on the popular video-hosting website. Political and social commentators on YouTube are feeling the hurt—and they believe that they may be on a blacklist for having the wrong opinions.
Affected creators are unable to make money from their work, which is automatically flagged or vetted by volunteer “experts.” In addition, the new system incorporates “tougher standards” for controversial videos that do not break YouTube’s terms of service, which are placed in a purgatory state that effectively censors them from being recommended to YouTube viewers.

The Daily Caller spoke to conservative and independent YouTubers whose channels are now being affected by the new policy. Conservative journalist Lauren Southern believes there is a drive to stifle politically divergent voices.

“I think it would be insane to suggest there’s not an active effort to censor conservative and independent views,” said Southern. “Considering most of Silicon Valley participate in the censorship of alleged ‘hate speech,’ diversity hiring and inclusivity committees. Their entire model is based around a far left outline. There’s no merit hiring, there’s no support of free speech and there certainly is not an equal representation of political views at these companies.”

Independent journalist and activist Luke Rudkowski, who runs WeAreChange, told The Daily Caller that hundreds of his videos were demonetized in a single day on Thursday, effectively killing his ability to earn a living on YouTube.

“Having had 660 of my videos demonetized in one day left me a little stunned since this is the core for my income but left me with the impression that this was done on purpose,” said Rudkowski, who said that the videos included some of his most popular videos from years ago. “This was videos from years ago predominately targeting the most viewed videos which has eviscerated my income.”
Daniel Sulzbach, better known as MrRepzion, told the Daily Caller that YouTube’s demonetization of his videos has hurt his incentive to make new content. He says that it hasn’t been the first time his videos were demonetized, but when the issue happened previously in early 2017, he was able to successfully appeal for them to be restored.

“The difference now is that my videos are not being restored with monetization when I file for manual review,” said Sulzbach.
Edgy YouTube comedian Razorfist says every single one of his videos was demonetized. His biggest issue with the site was how the platform values progressive voices over everyone else through biased algorithms. Razorfist cited a video rebuttal to Sam Seder (a left wing comedian) as an example of the bias. He claims that Seder posted a reply containing Razorfist’s video in its entirety, but the algorithm flagged the original video for demonetization.

“If leftist channels are being white-listed, someone’s going to have to explain to me how this algorithm is functionally any different than a conservative blacklist,” he said.
“Google’s going to need to explain to me why John Oliver can engage in weekly invective punctuated by a hail of profane epithets, skew it leftward, and still have ads for Pampers and pimple cream adorn the margins of his unwatchable videos,” he said.

Conservative vlogger and cultural pundit Mark Dice told The Daily Caller he believes YouTube is upset at the rise of conservative channels on YouTube over the past year, and that the new policies are designed to squelch dissenting voices.

“I think YouTube is furious that so many conservative channels have gotten so popular in the last year, and they don’t want us to be able to work full-time doing what we’re doing because our message is at odds with almost everything that Google and YouTube’s leadership stands for,” said Dice, who says that even his monetized videos are underperforming as a result of the changes.
He says that his videos performed better when he had a 10th of his subscriber count, years ago.
“YouTube has kicked a bees nest by going after Diamond and Silk [a channel of two black female Trump supporters]. I think it won’t be long before President Trump is commenting on YouTube’s censorship,” he said.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/11/conservative-and-independent-youtube-channels-hit-by-censorship-and-demonetization/

Dangergirl
08-28-2017, 01:01 PM
And this has been where we've been failing for 7 months. We can see the front lines and the faces of the enemy and yet there are those that sit on their hands because "that guy" isn't exactly befitting of their support. It's about principles, not the characters involved. You may hate PJW or Milo or Drudge or AJ but they're on the front lines against the same elements that'll take down Zerohedge or other alternative press and even this site. You may hate Trump but he's on the front lines against the same enemies that'll stop Rand and Ron and all Liberty minded candidates to destroy everything you hold great about this country.

For those of you who are still on the fence about choosing a "side", you need to step up to the front lines and fight the right battles because it's easier to support a bigger force then to wait until it all collapses, to the point that you care or are directly affected, and crushes what you have left to death.

Anti Federalist
08-28-2017, 01:13 PM
And this has been where we've been failing for 7 months. We can see the front lines and the faces of the enemy and yet there are those that sit on their hands because "that guy" isn't exactly befitting of their support. It's about principles, not the characters involved. You may hate PJW or Milo or Drudge or AJ but they're on the front lines against the same elements that'll take down Zerohedge or other alternative press and even this site. You may hate Trump but he's on the front lines against the same enemies that'll stop Rand and Ron and all Liberty minded candidates to destroy everything you hold great about this country.

For those of you who are still on the fence about choosing a "side", you need to step up to the front lines and fight the right battles because it's easier to support a bigger force then to wait until it all collapses, to the point that you care or are directly affected, and crushes what you have left to death.

Valid point

KingNothing
08-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Hey, in their defense Ron Paul does say some shockingly offensive things like violence is bad and people should be nice to each other.

Christ almighty, the man is basically Obi Wan and they're going after him. Try to imagine a world in which the same occurs to leftist loon Bernie Sanders. You can't. The left is never held to the same standard that we are.

Ultimately this has led to arguments on the right being so perfectly crystallized and refined, it has led to a thorough understanding of history and fact, it has led to RWNJs like Richard Spencer being disavowed vehemently... while the left screeches on with nothing but emotion as Antifa is embraced by the MSM when it bashes peaceful protestors with bike locks and bats.

If you think it is absurd now, just wait until Democrat loses more seats in the Senate in 2018. The left will become completely unhinged.

devil21
08-29-2017, 02:36 AM

See my sig. If they weren't cointelpro from the start, they have all been co-opted by now. The only answer is to stop participating in the tribal games. Don't pick sides. Stay on the side of truth, regardless of which side on any issue the truth falls on. They control each side and play them against each other. Opting out and staying true to pure truth-seeking is the only way to win.

juleswin
08-29-2017, 03:06 AM

This, Stefan Molyneux a man that annoys me has figured this out and has been able to thrive and prosper in the youtube universe without ever turning on his adcents option with youtube. He freely uses their platform to broadcast his lies and propaganda and essentially he is winning. Just last month he withdrew $1.5 m in bitcoin that his viewers have been donating to him and this does not include the cash donations people like Danke give to him every month.

Ron Paul just has to change tactics to survive.

Schifference
08-29-2017, 03:59 AM
We have all heard the argument about if this restaurant doesn't allow smoking and the restaurant across the street does then people will go where they want. This is supposed to be good for business. This seems like a golden opportunity for some other entity to come into play against youtube.

tod evans
08-29-2017, 04:43 AM
RT is running this too.

‘Economic censorship’: YouTube bans advertisers from Ron Paul videos

https://www.rt.com/usa/401240-ron-paul-youtube-demonetization-censorship-advertisers/

YouTube stands accused of censorship, following the company’s decision to bar former Congressman Ron Paul and his online news program from receiving advertising revenue for a number of videos which Paul recently posted.
Upon “manual review,” the website has found a series of videos posted by the Ron Paul Liberty Report “unsuitable for all advertisers,” effectively denying Paul and his online news program potential revenue from views.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange called it “economic censorship,” noting that the ‘unsuitable’ videos featured the former congressman’s criticism of president Donald Trump’s decision to send more American troops to Afghanistan, as well as criticizing the US Senate Intelligence Committee for terming Wikileaks a hostile foreign intelligence service last week.

Dr. Paul, a 12-term ex-congressman and three-time presidential candidate, is known for views that often contradict those of Washington’s political establishment, especially on issues of war and peace.

“We have no violence, no foul language, no political extremism, no hate or intolerance,” Daniel McAdams, co-producer of the Ron Paul Liberty Report, told RT America. “Our program is simply a news analysis discussion from a libertarian and antiwar perspective.”

McAdams, who also is executive director of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, added that the YouTube demonetization “creates enormous financial burdens for the program.”

YouTube did not immediately respond to a request for comment on why it decided to exclude Paul’s videos from gaining advertising benefits.

However, the website’s guidelines say YouTube reserves the right to demonetize videos on “controversial issues and sensitive events,” further explaining that it could be “video content that features or focuses on sensitive topics or events including, but not limited to, war, political conflicts, terrorism or extremism, death and tragedies, sexual abuse, even if graphic imagery is not shown.”

YouTube has done the same to a number of political commentators. Most recently, those affected by the advert ban include left-wing online blogger Tim Black and right-wing commentator Paul Joseph Watson. Their videos have registered millions of views on the website.

“Demonetization is a deliberate effort to stamp out independent political commentary – from the left or the right,” Black told the Boston Globe’s Hiawatha Bray. “It’s not about specific videos... It’s about pushing out diversity of thought and uplifting major news networks such as CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.”

“YouTube needs to take a hard look at its own extreme political intolerance before preventing alternative, peaceful political views from being shared as advertising partners on its platform,” McAdams told RT America.

Video producers can appeal demonetization, a YouTube spokesperson told the Boston Globe.

“Many creators, including Diamond and Silk, have submitted and successfully won appeals.”

However, the Ron Paul Liberty Report was “not given answers but rather canned non-responses,” when the program asked for an explanation from YouTube, McAdams said.

Schifference
08-29-2017, 04:57 AM
It is very possible this is just the beginning. First they take away the monetary incentive. When people continue to make video's they ban the content all together.

shakey1
08-29-2017, 06:00 AM
http://tech.pnosker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/google-china.jpg

Origanalist
08-29-2017, 06:26 AM
BitChute Launches in Response to YouTube Censorship

https://sevenstar777.com/bitchute-launches-in-response-to-youtube-censorship/

Raginfridus
08-29-2017, 06:48 AM
Question: Is there any point switching email providers or media hosts, while I'm still using a micro$oft os and comca$t for isp?

RonPaulMall
08-29-2017, 07:49 AM
We have all heard the argument about if this restaurant doesn't allow smoking and the restaurant across the street does then people will go where they want. This is supposed to be good for business. This seems like a golden opportunity for some other entity to come into play against youtube.

Good luck with that since they control domain name registers and can deny your site a name, control the web hosts and deny your site access to the normal net, control the DDoS protection services and could keep your site dark even if they let you on, and control all the payment processors and can deny you access to the entire financial system.

Question: Is there any point switching email providers or media hosts, while I'm still using a micro$oft os and comca$t for isp?

Even Protonmail has joined in the censorship orgy, so there is literally nowhere to go even if you wanted to switch. Have to either Alt Tech to be built or the people that currently run Tech to be arrested and their property expropriated.

timosman
08-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Even Protonmail has joined in the censorship orgy, so there is literally nowhere to go even if you wanted to switch. Have to either Alt Tech to be built or the people that currently run Tech to be arrested and their property expropriated.

How to run your own e-mail server with your own domain - https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/how-to-run-your-own-e-mail-server-with-your-own-domain-part-1/

Valli6
08-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Breitbart has a brief story about this. Breitbart never treated Ron Paul well when he was running for president, and Rand Paul was definitely not a favorite of their's when he was running for the nomination. So now - on the rare occasion that they do publish something non-negative about Ron Paul, I make a point of posting a comment to remind them of what stupid assholes they've been!

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/28/report-youtube-goes-after-ron-paul-demonetizes-videos-criticizing-afghanistan-policy/

YouTube Goes After Ron Paul, Demonetizes Videos Criticizing Afghanistan Policy
by CHARLIE NASH
28 Aug 2017

YouTube has reportedly demonetized a number of videos from former presidential candidate Ron Paul following an announcement that the company would be censoring the platform to an even greater degree.

In a screenshot posted on Twitter by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, several recent videos from Paul were shown to have reportedly been deemed “not suitable for advertisers” and were subsequently restricted.

The videos included: “Julian Assange to join us at Ron Paul Institute Conference 2017,” “Senate Declared War On Wikileaks – With Philip Giraldi,” “Pentagon Attacks Extremists At Home… But Finances Them Overseas,” “Trump’s ‘New’ Afghan Strategy: Protect The Empire,” and “Trump’s Afghanistan Strategy: What To Expect. With Jacob Hornberger.”...

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/28/report-youtube-goes-after-ron-paul-demonetizes-videos-criticizing-afghanistan-policy/

Dangergirl
08-29-2017, 04:05 PM
See my sig. If they weren't cointelpro from the start, they have all been co-opted by now. The only answer is to stop participating in the tribal games. Don't pick sides. Stay on the side of truth, regardless of which side on any issue the truth falls on. They control each side and play them against each other. Opting out and staying true to pure truth-seeking is the only way to win.

You've contradicted yourself. You say don't pick sides but pick the side of truth. It's not about picking sides, it's about fighting for the truth and principles that are dictated by your moral compass, your beliefs in the Constitutional Rights of yourself and others. Picking sides is senseless, you need to assert your voice while you can make an impression. We've always opted out. Only thing that gave us a voice for awhile was Ron Paul. At this point, opting out is death.

bunklocoempire
08-29-2017, 05:33 PM

Bully for BitChute! Bully I say!

Joined 7 months, 2 weeks ago

And whaddaya know, today it looks like BitChute has some video uploading tools available. :)

Just gave uploading a video a whirl, and it looks to be "processing".

Please sign up and show the BitChute some love.

Schifference
08-30-2017, 05:09 AM
Expect lawsuits against BitChute or any competitor. Youtube/google will probably be the one instigating and tattle-tailing on every type of copyright infringement. They will be advocating for regulations from the government that will be to protect the people but ultimately will keep little fish out of their pond.

jllundqu
08-30-2017, 10:39 AM
I simply want a free market alternative to youtube, twitter, FB, and google. There are a few alternatives that I use, like Gab, and some search engines, etc. But the near full spectrum dominance of these companies I mentioned is what is dangerous. Together they ARE the internet. Imagine if google simply decided to alter the data in ways favoring their agenda. Who could question them? Say they start purging (or at least burying) data about free market economics, Ron Paul, alternative ideas, etc etc. This is essentially what youtube and twitter have been doing for years. Someone stated it above, but I will restate for clarity:

MSM and Schools/Universities are thoroughly controlled by the left. Radio could be a favorable medium for freethinkers, but is largely dominated by NEOCONS and RINOS. The internet has largely been the great equalizer. Just look at how Ron Paul supporters used the internet to seriously do some damage to the official narrative in past elections. With the type of censorship we are now seeing, I think we may find it VERY difficult in the future to galvanize that type of support for candidates and causes. Trump dominated Twitter. TPTB WON'T make that mistake again in the coming elections. It's either you get with the program, or be left with the Luddites. Technology will be denied to you in the future unless you NEWSPEAK.

devil21
08-30-2017, 01:18 PM
You've contradicted yourself. You say don't pick sides but pick the side of truth. It's not about picking sides, it's about fighting for the truth and principles that are dictated by your moral compass, your beliefs in the Constitutional Rights of yourself and others. Picking sides is senseless, you need to assert your voice while you can make an impression. We've always opted out. Only thing that gave us a voice for awhile was Ron Paul. At this point, opting out is death.

Yes, wherever the truth is, be there. Not in a left v. right sense since rarely does the left or the right advocate much for truth.

We will have to disagree about opting out. Continuing to play the part of a slave is considered your consent to remain a slave. Dr. Paul gave you tools to begin educating yourself. He wasn't there to speak for you.

Dangergirl
08-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Yes, wherever the truth is, be there. Not in a left v. right sense since rarely does the left or the right advocate much for truth.

We will have to disagree about opting out. Continuing to play the part of a slave is considered your consent to remain a slave. Dr. Paul gave you tools to begin educating yourself. He wasn't there to speak for you.

We agree left and right is a ridiculous stance.

I don't understand what you're saying about being a slave. So by opting out of anything social or political at the moment makes you free? No, it allows the insane powers of corruption get a better footing against you. I realize this was my mistake for years. How many here have said time and time again Ron Paul cured my apathy? It was because of Ron Paul that I've become politically active. I haven't stopped because it was my apathy, my "opting out" that destroyed the world around me.

It can be summed up in one great quote:

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2017, 08:57 PM
https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/status/901553050342633473

Marenco
08-31-2017, 12:06 AM
I simply want a free market alternative to youtube, twitter, FB, and google. There are a few alternatives that I use, like Gab, and some search engines, etc. But the near full spectrum dominance of these companies I mentioned is what is dangerous. Together they ARE the internet. Imagine if google simply decided to alter the data in ways favoring their agenda. Who could question them? Say they start purging (or at least burying) data about free market economics, Ron Paul, alternative ideas, etc etc. This is essentially what youtube and twitter have been doing for years. Someone stated it above, but I will restate for clarity:

MSM and Schools/Universities are thoroughly controlled by the left. Radio could be a favorable medium for freethinkers, but is largely dominated by NEOCONS and RINOS. The internet has largely been the great equalizer. Just look at how Ron Paul supporters used the internet to seriously do some damage to the official narrative in past elections. With the type of censorship we are now seeing, I think we may find it VERY difficult in the future to galvanize that type of support for candidates and causes. Trump dominated Twitter. TPTB WON'T make that mistake again in the coming elections. It's either you get with the program, or be left with the Luddites. Technology will be denied to you in the future unless you NEWSPEAK.

This...

devil21
08-31-2017, 01:49 AM
We agree left and right is a ridiculous stance.

I don't understand what you're saying about being a slave. So by opting out of anything social or political at the moment makes you free? No, it allows the insane powers of corruption get a better footing against you. I realize this was my mistake for years. How many here have said time and time again Ron Paul cured my apathy? It was because of Ron Paul that I've become politically active. I haven't stopped because it was my apathy, my "opting out" that destroyed the world around me.

It can be summed up in one great quote:

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Curing of apathy doesn't involve becoming further entrenched in the charade that is modern politics. Entrench until you have learned that modern politics is only a divide and conquer technique, as is modern organized religion. Curing of apathy should eventually mean curing of ignorance, as long as you continue down the rabbit hole toward truth and understanding. The most poignant thing I can tell you is that you are viewed as a slave and economically treated as such. A mere human resource. Nothing more. Stop playing the part. That is what I mean by opting-out and is when you will stop being treated as a resource. Why do you think Dr. Paul focused so much on the Fed? Dr. Paul delivered babies. He was, by occupation, integral to the introduction of new slaves and he knows it.

Dangergirl
09-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Let me ask you a question of truth. Are the same elements that are attacking Trump the same ones that attacked Ron and Rand Paul? And the same elements that are attacking alternative media the same ones that attacked Ron and Rand Paul? If the answer is yes, then isn't in in your best interest to fight it and destroy it at any chance you get because it will in fact keep attacking the values you want to preserve?

Because I hafta tell ya that your point about maintaining truth isn't resonating with me in the way you think it needs to. It's almost as if you're so afraid of being "wrong" or doing the "wrong" thing that you wind up doing nothing at all. And that's the apathy that Ron Paul cured.

If the deep state worked towards corruption in the same way we do for Liberty, we'd have a free country. The country didn't get corrupt by a bunch of evil people getting together and taking over. It was little by little. They found comprises and people to compromise here and there until they found even more corrupt people to put in place. They didn't give up their evilness by compromising. We have to win Liberty in the same way, little by little. We have to find it in every source we can and replace it with better people and candidates and outlets as we go along and that's the truth.

devil21
09-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Let me ask you a question of truth. Are the same elements that are attacking Trump the same ones that attacked Ron and Rand Paul? And the same elements that are attacking alternative media the same ones that attacked Ron and Rand Paul? If the answer is yes, then isn't in in your best interest to fight it and destroy it at any chance you get because it will in fact keep attacking the values you want to preserve?

Yes, they are the same elements but for different reasons. Consider that the key difference is that the elements that are attacking Trump are also the elements that put him into office in the first place. Those elements ignored and marginalized the Pauls, particularly Ron. Clearly Trump was treated 180 degrees differently (by given as much free press as he could handle) and was handed the GOP nomination on a platter from day 1. He makes a wonderful scapegoat and strawman for tptb.

Again, the way you attack them is by refusing to participate in their constructed reality by educating yourself to how the system really works, not by further playing their games. When they literally have the power to create as much money as they want and brainwash large swaths of people, you can not win by operating within their constructs. They only have as much power over you as you grant them.

Dangergirl
09-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Again, the way you attack them is by refusing to participate in their constructed reality by educating yourself to how the system really works, not by further playing their games.
And how well has that worked out, truthfully?

devil21
09-01-2017, 01:24 PM

For who?

Swordsmyth
09-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Yes, they are the same elements but for different reasons. Consider that the key difference is that the elements that are attacking Trump are also the elements that put him into office in the first place. Those elements ignored and marginalized the Pauls, particularly Ron. Clearly Trump was treated 180 degrees differently (by given as much free press as he could handle) and was handed the GOP nomination on a platter from day 1. He makes a wonderful scapegoat and strawman for tptb.

Again, the way you attack them is by refusing to participate in their constructed reality by educating yourself to how the system really works, not by further playing their games. When they literally have the power to create as much money as they want and brainwash large swaths of people, you can not win by operating within their constructs. They only have as much power over you as you grant them.

The way to fight them is political judo, latch on to any thing going your direction and add to it's momentum.

Dangergirl
09-01-2017, 01:31 PM
@ devil21, You can only speak for yourself can't you?

Before you compose an answer that defends your Id let me just say you have to stop thinking there isn't a whole world out there. You have to work with others and deal with others to succeed. It doesn't mean you ever give yourself up but preaching to the choir isn't going to change a country.

devil21
09-01-2017, 01:35 PM
@ devil21, You can only speak for yourself can't you?

Before you compose an answer that defends your Id let me just say you have to stop thinking there isn't a whole world out there. You have to work with others and deal with others to succeed. It doesn't mean you ever give yourself up but preaching to the choir isn't going to change a country.

Like I said in the rep message to you, you have to heal yourself from the brainwashing you have received from the day you were born before you can hope to heal anyone else. Otherwise, you're just a hamster running in a wheel. Running really hard but actually going nowhere.

The way to fight them is political judo, latch on to any thing going your direction and add to it's momentum.

And then they print up the money and use their media to co-opt it, dilute it and redirect it back onto the plantation. I've seen it many times over the 10+ years I've been immersed in this stuff.

Swordsmyth
09-01-2017, 01:44 PM
And then they print up the money and use their media to co-opt it, dilute it and redirect it back onto the plantation. I've seen it many times over the 10+ years I've been immersed in this stuff.
Little by little we are changing the the debate and the culture, it takes time because they fight it tooth and nail but we will win in the end.

devil21
09-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Little by little we are changing the the debate and the culture, it takes time because they fight it tooth and nail but we will win in the end.

If you say so.

Feeding the Abscess
09-02-2017, 02:42 AM

The Goldwater movement turned into the Reagan Revolution.

The Ron Paul Revolution turned into Donald Trump.

It's getting worse with time, and at an accelerated rate. Political judo has been tried and it has failed, multiple times.

devil21
09-02-2017, 11:59 AM

It's getting worse with time, and at an accelerated rate. Political judo has been tried and it has failed, multiple times.

And that's why I said that people have to heal (deprogram) themselves first. You're not going to beat a judo master in his own dojo, especially when the judo master can change the rules of the match mid-bout. The constructs that have been built and honed over many, many years are so ingrained that that they own your mind from top to bottom and you probably don't even realize it. Most people don't understand that practically all of the things they complain about regarding government (latin roots - govern: to control; ment: mind - mind control) and economics are things that they consent to, therefore legally binding themselves to whatever happens as a result of the consent! Put more directly, whenever you sign anything you are consenting to something. You have been brainwashed into thinking that consenting is 'what you do', without really ever asking why or knowing what it is you are consenting to.

Face the fact that most people are (intentionally made) ignorant and the only person that will save them is themselves. Like Dr. Paul does, you can plant the seed of helping them cure their ignorance, but only they can decide whether to do it. But first you have to cure your own ignorance.

Swordsmyth
09-02-2017, 12:35 PM

More people now have a better grasp of what should be than they did with Goldwater.
We are winning slowly.

Champ
09-02-2017, 03:46 PM

I think more people are awake now, than at any other time in the last 50 years. Seems like progress. The fact that the media and the deep state are working 24/7 in overdrive, not for indoctrination purposes, but to contain and damage control the situation, is an indicator of where we are at in the fight. Ron Paul ran in 2008/2012 not just to win an election, but more importantly to educate and expose. It seems like it is paying off even if we weren't successful in getting him elected.

Dangergirl
09-02-2017, 04:37 PM
@ devil21, I see that you can't get off the thought that somehow I need to be "saved". I've been "saved" since 2008. This was my whole point that preaching to the choir isn't going to change the country.

I'm not corrupting myself. I just see the enemy plain and clear. It didn't rear it's ugly head until Trump got into office. My mind was blown about how deep this swamp is and this is what we were really fighting against to get Ron, Rand, and every other Liberty candidate elected. The beast was nothing against what Trump and a lot of activists and alt-media are battling right now. If Rand Paul won, he'd be in the same battle. How do you as a Liberty minded person not see this? If we elected Jesus Christ to office these same elements would be calling him a racist, a sexist, a traitor, a liar and a Russian spy.

I understand that you have no fight left but it's insane to think that keeping the secrets of Liberty inside yourself is going to change the environment i.e. the society you live in. This is the same tactic we see conservatives use with antifa. They get their asses kicked and say "peace man" then they gather again and get their asses kicked again. You have to say "Hey, you're bullshit". The fight is happening now. You see it everyday. You see the propaganda machine, the manipulations, the attack on free speech every single day and you can still think that somehow it doesn't affect you. It's been affecting you, you've just been too ignorant or maybe arrogant to admit you can't do this alone and if you're too scared or burnt out to step onto the field of battle yourself, you damn well better support the people willing to fight for you or against your enemies if you want to see change. It takes courage to run for office, start a web page, start a blog, fight the media, protest, etc. It takes courage to step outside of yourself and face the world that doesn't agree with you. Try that if you want to preach.

Feeding the Abscess
09-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Because devil21 doesn't think that political judo or gloming on to mainstream movements is an effective vehicle for change, especially in the current societal climate, he wants to give up and do nothing?

That's an interesting conclusion, and not very different from when leftists claim free marketers want children to buy heroin while working in sweatshops when we oppose [insert regulation/program here].

As for the original post, it's interesting that Gary Johnson was castigated for wanting bakers to make cakes against their will by some of the very same people losing their minds over a service declining to provide ad revenue or web services for clients they deem undesirable.

Freedom isn't going to come from any political movement, and this is a shining example of why that is. Even libertarians and smaller government advocates carve out exceptions to their stated beliefs, whether from a blind spot or an attempt to shift the cultural milieu in their direction. Libertarians' ad revenue, or protectionism, or immigration restriction is another person's public schooling, minimum wage, or drug laws, or military expansion. And they vastly outnumber us. Christ, there are libertarians protesting price gouging during natural disasters.

Origanalist
09-03-2017, 12:26 AM

Origanalist
09-03-2017, 12:37 AM

TheTexan
09-03-2017, 01:03 AM
"unsuitable for a broad audience"

Sounds about right.

dannno
09-03-2017, 03:50 AM

So...would this mean eventually they are going to try and get us banned from our ISPs if they don't like what we are watching? VPN recommended? Would have to pay for a fast one I suppose.

devil21
09-03-2017, 12:32 PM
@ devil21, I see that you can't get off the thought that somehow I need to be "saved". I've been "saved" since 2008. This was my whole point that preaching to the choir isn't going to change the country.

Educated or saved, whichever you prefer.
I suppose you have a driver's license, right? Did you know that you freely applied for the license and by doing so you freely agreed, by contract, to abide by the rules of the motor vehicle code? You don't need a license to travel. You asked for it, you signed it and every time you present that license to someone you represent yourself as someone that you aren't but you take responsibility for that other 'person' every time. Did you know that? If not, then yes you are still uneducated and not "saved" and are totally controlled and don't even know it. You're still stuck inside their constructs, while trying to beat them inside their own dojo. How can you have liberty and be free when you are voluntarily in bondage and don't even realize it?

I'm not corrupting myself. I just see the enemy plain and clear. It didn't rear it's ugly head until Trump got into office. My mind was blown about how deep this swamp is and this is what we were really fighting against to get Ron, Rand, and every other Liberty candidate elected. The beast was nothing against what Trump and a lot of activists and alt-media are battling right now. If Rand Paul won, he'd be in the same battle. How do you as a Liberty minded person not see this? If we elected Jesus Christ to office these same elements would be calling him a racist, a sexist, a traitor, a liar and a Russian spy.

Trump. LOL. You mean the guy surrounded by Goldman and Rothschild bankers, billionaires and military? That guy?

I understand that you have no fight left but it's insane to think that keeping the secrets of Liberty inside yourself is going to change the environment i.e. the society you live in.

It's not about having any "fight left". You have a whole hell of a lot to learn about how this world really works. I gave you the BIG secrets in this thread and in the visitor message link I sent you already, btw.

This is the same tactic we see conservatives use with antifa. They get their asses kicked and say "peace man" then they gather again and get their asses kicked again. You have to say "Hey, you're bullshit". The fight is happening now. You see it everyday. You see the propaganda machine, the manipulations, the attack on free speech every single day and you can still think that somehow it doesn't affect you. It's been affecting you, you've just been too ignorant or maybe arrogant to admit you can't do this alone and if you're too scared or burnt out to step onto the field of battle yourself, you damn well better support the people willing to fight for you or against your enemies if you want to see change. It takes courage to run for office, start a web page, start a blog, fight the media, protest, etc. It takes courage to step outside of yourself and face the world that doesn't agree with you. Try that if you want to preach.

I have no need to get into a pissing match with an 80 post user from 2012 that clearly doesn't understand the knowledge I am attempting to impart, so feel free to ignore everything I write and continue on the wheel. You do have free will to remain ignorant.

devil21
09-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Because devil21 doesn't think that political judo or gloming on to mainstream movements is an effective vehicle for change, especially in the current societal climate, he wants to give up and do nothing?

Educating yourself and then educating others is the opposite of doing nothing. It is indeed the only way to truly be free. Otherwise you are jumping from one captivity to another. For example, when all money is eventually through crypto-currency, will you celebrate that you are free from the evil FRN or will you recognize that you were just enslaved even further?

That's an interesting conclusion, and not very different from when leftists claim free marketers want children to buy heroin while working in sweatshops when we oppose [insert regulation/program here].

Bad strawman. I award you no points.

As for the original post, it's interesting that Gary Johnson was castigated for wanting bakers to make cakes against their will by some of the very same people losing their minds over a service declining to provide ad revenue or web services for clients they deem undesirable.

Freedom isn't going to come from any political movement, and this is a shining example of why that is. Even libertarians and smaller government advocates carve out exceptions to their stated beliefs, whether from a blind spot or an attempt to shift the cultural milieu in their direction. Libertarians' ad revenue, or protectionism, or immigration restriction is another person's public schooling, minimum wage, or drug laws, or military expansion. And they vastly outnumber us. Christ, there are libertarians protesting price gouging during natural disasters.

Yes, because baking cakes is serious business. Nothing more than divide and conquer minutae for the small thinkers to get spun up about. See how easily minds are controlled? You wouldn't even know about it without the media telling you about it.

One thing I find interesting is that the Liberty movement originally grew not because of group-think but simply a desire to not be controlled by seen (and as it turns out, unseen) forces. Freedom to do as one pleases as long as not harming someone else. What I'm attempting to explain is how to obtain that freedom for real, by educating yourself to how the system really works, yet it's interpreted as "giving up" or "having no fight left". Oh well. Have fun with the rest of the thread.

Dangergirl
09-03-2017, 01:04 PM
I'm wrong about you devil21, you're not trying to preach to me, you just enjoy seeing yourself type. You're not trying to discuss this with me, you're just imposing your thoughts. You're not the devil, you're the devil's advocate.

So you admit via your driver's license diatribe that you are in a effed up system. You're fully aware the cards are stacked against you and yet you still sit on your hands to keep them clean. You never tried to save me from my driver's license. Oh you can act out and attempt to berate fellow Liberty minded associates real easy but face the actual political climate, out there in the real world, and you cringe into a safe space.

Since you've withdrawn into protective ego regression mode and you're so fascinated by me, I'll throw in the fact that my original account was Misfit Toy. I lost the password and got this one back from 2012 and I just decided to stick with it so no one thinks I'm up to nefarious things. So add up all my post counts and let me know if I qualify to be in your exclusive Liberty club. And that, btw, is another issue with this movement that keeps it down.

nikcers
09-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Yes, because baking cakes is serious business. Nothing more than divide and conquer minutae for the small thinkers to get spun up about.
I used to think that it was a divide and conquer method too until someone on here taught me better. Its an absurd argument on purpose, its designed to install doublethink. It's designed for you to question what is good because its absurd. It's designed to normalize liberty turned upside down.

devil21
09-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Dangergirl, darling, don't flatter yourself. I write not for your direct benefit but for those that may happen to read the thread. You, and those like you, make for good foils that allow me to expand on my posts further. For that I thank you.

dannno
09-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Educated or saved, whichever you prefer.
I suppose you have a driver's license, right? Did you know that you freely applied for the license and by doing so you freely agreed, by contract, to abide by the rules of the motor vehicle code? You don't need a license to travel. You asked for it, you signed it and every time you present that license to someone you represent yourself as someone that you aren't but you take responsibility for that other 'person' every time. Did you know that? If not, then yes you are still uneducated and not "saved" and are totally controlled and don't even know it. You're still stuck inside their constructs, while trying to beat them inside their own dojo. How can you have liberty and be free when you are voluntarily in bondage and don't even realize it?

Trump. LOL. You mean the guy surrounded by Goldman and Rothschild bankers, billionaires and military? That guy?

It's not about having any "fight left". You have a whole hell of a lot to learn about how this world really works. I gave you the BIG secrets in this thread and in the visitor message link I sent you already, btw.

I have no need to get into a pissing match with an 80 post user from 2012 that clearly doesn't understand the knowledge I am attempting to impart, so feel free to ignore everything I write and continue on the wheel. You do have free will to remain ignorant.

So if you get a driver's license you're in bondage, but if you don't and you go to jail, then.... and you think this is voluntary?

nikcers
09-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Telling someone to stop doing something they are doing involuntarily is like telling someone to stop breathing. This is why we always lose when we argue with people politically, we need to make our message educational in order for it to resonate.

The argument can't be that its liberty or death because most people would rather be the meanest slave on earth then king of the dead. We are taught that real heroes are the winners, especially the ones that scheme to win if winning by virtue is impossible then cheating is virtuous.

devil21
09-03-2017, 06:34 PM
So if you get a driver's license you're in bondage, but if you don't and you go to jail, then.... and you think this is voluntary?

If you get a driver's license (just one of the many examples of voluntary consent-based contracts that people view as oppression, due to their own ignorance of what they're engaging in) then yes you are in bondage. If you educate yourself as to why you do not need one and how to properly operate without one then an arrest by an ignorant cop is little more than an inconvenience. Btw, there's a reason why cops always ask for permission from you for most everything they do during interactions with you. They are gaining your consent on record.

Besides, what did TJ say about liberty and convenience?

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.

Do you disagree with Jefferson?

TheCount
09-24-2017, 11:01 AM

This... doesn't seem to be a youtube alternative to me. It's just a video host.

Danke
09-24-2017, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNU04A7Kbs&t=962s

unknown
09-24-2017, 12:39 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-27/youtube-economically-censors-ron-paul-labels-videos-not-suitable-all-advertisers

Fuck youtube.

And a few members here support that:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?514375-Paul-Joseph-Watson-won-t-be-around-much-longer&highlight=Watson

Watson is annoying but dont agree with the censorship/favoritism.