PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Ads

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Seems like I keep seeing mention of ads in hunting and High Times magazines, but what about magazines like Time . . . Sports Illustrated . . . etc.

Hey, how about the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue -- actually, that's after Feb 5, so nevermind on that.

But what about others?

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Looks like the top magazines by circulation are:
AARP the Magazines
AARP Bulletin
Reader's Digest
TV Guide
Better Homes and Gardens
National Geographic
Good Housekeeping
Family Circle
Ladies' Home Journal
Woman's Day

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Anyone know how I could get in touch with Linda Fears, the Editor-in-Chief of Family Circle? It would be great to get a feature article on Paul's family, but I can't find any contact info for her.

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 09:28 AM

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 09:29 AM
BINGO!

Check this website. Anyone want to volunteer to contact some grouping of these magazines to hit up for advertising costs? Probably not a bad idea to look at a full page and two half page ads just to give an option to choose.

https://www.quadarm.com/publisher_sites/main.asp

Anyone think it would be a good idea to get a chip in set up for a general magazine ad fund?

vinwal
12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
bump

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Regarding the USA Today ad -- was the original color or B&W?

It would be great to use this ad, but in a magazine, shouldn't it be color?

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 09:55 AM
It might be too late for publication for January in these, but perhaps in time for Super Tuesday.

I've sent requests for pricing in the following mags:
Child
Family Circle
Fitness
Parents
Golf
Inc.
Field & Stream
Popular Science
Food & Wine
GQ
Vanity Fair
W
Golf Digest

Let me know what would be required, however, to use the USA Today ad.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Right now guys, please, let's get the one in Fur, Fish and Game, funded. We have a long way to go for that one.

Kingfisher
12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
bumpo

krott5333
12-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Right now guys, please, let's get the one in Fur, Fish and Game, funded. We have a long way to go for that one.

I agree. And it targets a demographic that would be very receptive of RP's message.

Sarge
12-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I just was out on the patio and it hit me. Missing millions of potential votes with those smoking cigars.

Dr. Paul's position on trade with Cuba. They would almost kill to get legal Cuban Cigars here.

Could get their attention fast with one ad in www.cigaraficionado.com about his position on trade with Cuba.

With what they spend on one cigar, they could also be great supporters to the campaign.

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM

What I don't get is that Fur, Fish, & Game seems so much lower profile than others of the same ilk.

For example, Field & Stream has something like 10 million readers -- why not go that route instead of pushing this Fur, Fish, & Game and its 300k readers?