PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Ron Paul at the Pump!

BuddyRey
12-11-2007, 08:08 AM
This month's Republic Magazine had a wonderful and very simple suggestion for exposing folks to Ron Paul (or activist topics in general) at the one place where they have to stop and take notice; the gas station!

Modern gas pumps are usually equipped with credit/debit card slots, which can easily be filled with Liberty Cards. They have both the exclusive Ron Paul cards, and those neat little Nolan charts, for those who come to fill up their tanks after you. (http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php) I'm sure that more than a few hapless motorists out there would be very open to a candidate like Ron Paul whose free-market approach to science and technology, matched with a live-and-let-live foreign policy, would be boundlessly conducive to energy independence, thus easing their oil & gas woes! :D

This may be a great guerilla canvassing opportunity for everybody at the local level, but I also have a few reservations; namely, that folks at gas pumps (who are usually in a great big hurry), might be annoyed with what is tantamount to "real-world spam". So, before I start doing this, I want to run it up the flagpole here at RPF and see who salutes.

jpinkerton
12-11-2007, 08:31 AM
I think it's a neat idea, but think you're also right, there are a lot of people that would just be angry rather than read it and throw it away. Plus it's a one time exposure...

terryp
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
have ya seen any lapel stickers on pumps, atm's... ;)

walt
12-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I like the idea of a Ron Paul credit card.

sunghoko
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I think this is better http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=30945 thing to do at gas stations

MrKoffee
12-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Well station owners will take offense to you abusing their equipment and most customers that will come to use the pump probably won't take too kindly to it, not only that but a lot of people still buy gas in cash. If you want to have some effect at the gas pump I suggest getting Ron Paul magnets and leaving them on the gas pump. The owner of the station probably won't be as upset (if upset at all) as if you were jamming his card readers full of cards, and anyone pumping gas no matter which way they're paying would end up seeing it.