PDA

View Full Version : Trump Press Conference Q&A on Charlottesville

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Wow. Trump press conference right now. This will be controversial. He's not playing the mainstream media PC game.

Trump calling out the violent leftists. He is not backing down, basically calling the press liars for ignoring it.

Also taking shots at McCain for blocking Obamacare repeal.

Get out your popcorn, video to be added.

Edit - Video (please reference time mark when commenting on video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73bqyl-tVL8

dannno
08-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Trump calling out the violent leftists. He is not backing down, basically calling the press liars for ignoring it.

I'm sure Hillary would have done the same.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Snowflakes on CNN have been triggered and are having PTSD attacks. It reminded them of "the day after the elections".

They are all "in fear" now. They need safe spaces, crayons and professional cuddlers, stat!

Edit: Bill Kristol on CNN inferring that this press conference is grounds for impeachment.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-15-2017, 02:34 PM
People don't think there is a difference between D Trump and Hillary Clinton? Sure, there are some issues where they are two sides of the same coin. There are many areas where there are no significant differences. This area however, is different.

If Clinton were president, then you can believe the Charlottesville issue would be very, very one-sided. She would issue some White House directives that would really go after the "right" (or more than is being done now). They might be facing some real consequences or even legal issues.

One thing I like about this guy is that he is calling out the traditional media. This is long overdue. At least somebody is shaking up something. At least somebody is speaking up about all this social correctness. Guess it took a US president to do it.

dannno
08-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Did he actually call Antifa a terrorist organization?

I came in late and am listening to the Cernovich commentary rn..

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Snowflakes on CNN have been triggered and are having PTSD attacks. It "reminded them of the day after the elections".

They are all "in fear" now. They need safe spaces, crayons and professional cuddlers, stat!

CALExit, NYCcession. If we are lucky.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-15-2017, 02:51 PM
I was just watching ABC journalist reaction. They keep using this term back down in reference to the president. I would like to know when some of these media people are going to back down.

specsaregood
08-15-2017, 03:03 PM
well that was certainly entertaining

Dr.3D
08-15-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm glad he pointed out that the alt left was to blame for the violence too.

Natural Citizen
Not sure if anyone has stayed up to date with regard to protest permits (lol) at certain historic venues but the permitting system has become rather elaborate. It's especially difficult to land a permit to protest near historic monuments and parks. So keep an eye on any future venues where protests are taking place. Take note of the ease in landing permits versus the difficulty for some others to receive them. Monitor who's involved in those protests. Monitor police maneuvering. Monitor dialogue between media and elected representatives after the fact.

I think that the repeated permit commentary in the video is likely the most important bit. Additionally the fact that it was acknowledged that there were some people who were not there to cause violence. Yet the stormtroopers (who were proudly displaying their military swat gear and strategic crowd containment maneuvering ability again tee hee hee hee hee) did herd them all together.

There's more to say about it. I don't really feel like it, though.

Here's what a free speech zone looks like these days...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/First_amendment_zone2.jpg

Also...

During Ferguson....

http://truthuncensored.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/the-obama-administration-just-took-a-huge-step-toward-demilitarizing-us-police-forces.jpg

After Ferguson....

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1961903/original.jpg

Ha. Charlottesville Virginia. Back in business.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3407105.1502596852!/img/httpImage/image._gen/derivatives/article_750/confederate-monuments-protest-44160-jpg.

And, of course, the people will love them for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ZkpIJkvZA

enhanced_deficit
Aug. 15, 2017, 1:27 p.m. reporting from washington

'Alt-left' charged at 'alt-right,' Trump says, again placing blame for Charlottesville violence 'on both sides'

Noah Bierman

Trump said it was “a horrible day” but said several times that counter-protesters were not getting enough scrutiny for their role in the confrontation and emphasized his belief that many of the protesters who joined with white nationalists were innocent.

“What about the 'alt-left' that came charging at, as you say, the 'alt-right'? Do they have any semblance of guilt?” Trump said. “They came charging with clubs in their hands,” he said of the counter-protesters.

Trump effectively reopened the debate — saying "there is blame on both sides" — despite insistence from politicians in both parties that white supremacists and other racists deserved to be singled out.

“You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was violent. Nobody wants to say that, but I’ll say that,” he said.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-trump-blames-both-sides-for-1502828835-htmlstory.html

Related

What are key differences between "alt-Right" and "alt-Left" ? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?514033-What-are-key-differences-between-quot-alt-Right-quot-and-quot-alt-Left-quot&)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Trump discussed the removal of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson statues. He asks the reporters if they want to remove statues of Washington and Jefferson because those two were slave owners.

“George Washington as a slave owner. So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner,” Trump said.
http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/trump-condemns-alt-left-for-violence-at-virginia-white-power-rally/

jllundqu
08-15-2017, 03:16 PM
That was fun.

jllundqu
08-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Grab the popcorn indeed. They will run with this presser as a headline for weeks. Expect more virtue signaling from the usual suspects

enhanced_deficit
08-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Wow. Trump press conference right now. This will be controversial. He's not playing the mainstream media PC game.

Also taking shots at McCain for blocking Obamacare repeal.

Get out your popcorn, video to be added.

Edit - Video (please reference time mark when commenting on video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73bqyl-tVL8

Saw the headline on Drudge but did not see video there. The controversy will travel even more distance now.

And "Alt-Left" term is officially in MSM diction now, beta trial ends.

Krugminator2
08-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Trump's kind of right. Blocking traffic is never okay. Taking over public roads and pounding and cars is wrong. I don't think you should gun it and run people over like this kid but I also don't think you should should stop. It is kind of hard for me to feel bad about the girl who is dead. I would never be in the position of blocking traffic.

KEEF
08-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Trump discussed the removal of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson statues. He asks the reporters if they want to remove statues of Washington and Jefferson because those two were slave owners.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/trump-condemns-alt-left-for-violence-at-virginia-white-power-rally/
Now that is funny. Let's go ahead and petition getting the Washington Monument torn down too since it was built by slaves.

specsaregood
08-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Grab the popcorn indeed. They will run with this presser as a headline for weeks. Expect more virtue signaling from the usual suspects

The press was absolutely hysterical, like raving monkeys just wishing they could throw their own shit.

enhanced_deficit
08-15-2017, 03:25 PM

Way things are going, there could be proposal to rename "White House" to "Homeland House" or something like that without using the w-word.
Hopefully more drastic mesaures will not be demanded, W-House is sort of a historic monument at this point.

http://truthfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-03-at-2.08.30-PM.png

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Just as far as personality: Trump is the kind of guy you just want to punch in the mouth, but you have to like that he doesn't pull any punches.

Dr.3D
08-15-2017, 03:29 PM
I'll bet he has people looking over the video footage, looking for people who committed violence on either side and those they can identify, will be arrested and charged with the crime.

Madison320
08-15-2017, 03:33 PM
I don't like the part where he called it murder. That has yet to be determined.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 03:35 PM
Every time they pushed him about it he said things that made them look worse.

enhanced_deficit
08-15-2017, 03:36 PM
I'll bet he has people looking over the video footage, looking for people who committed violence on either side and those they can identify, will be arrested and charged with the crime.

Seems to be underway.

Protesters could be charged for bringing down Durham, N.C., Confederate statue

18 mins ago - Woman arrested for bringing down Durham, N.C., Confederate statue ... renamed from Lee Park — was the site of a similar protest in May.
Takilya Thompson used a ladder to scale the podium, climb the statue, and help pull it down.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/protesters-charged-bringing-confederate-statue-article-1.3413284

Antischism
08-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Well, that Freudian slip sure was something.

"Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us?"

At least he's comfortable admitting that he's a Nazi. :D

Also, I'm still not sure what the "alt-left" is aside from a made up phrase to make false equivalencies easier. We know "alt-right" is just rebranded white supremacy/neo-Nazism, but I'm not aware of any leftist attempt at rebranding anti-Nazism. They kind of relish in their opposition to Nazism with a name like Antifa.

dannno
08-15-2017, 03:54 PM

Um, no, you missed the part where he said that only a contingent were Nazis and white nationalists, many where there to protest taking down a historical statue... some were their protesting for free speech and against political violence.. and Antifa was attacking them all.

Antifa attacks anybody on the right, they call them all Nazis. Have a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat? You're a nazi. Support Trump? You're a nazi. Want lower taxes? You're a nazi. Soon it will be, 'White? You're a nazi.'

But go ahead, keep playing into the mainstream media bullshit, see where it gets you.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 03:56 PM

Is that what he was doing? Are you sure he wasn't admitting to being a Robert E. Lee fan? A lot of people are. After all, he stood up against slavery in a time and place where that was an unpopular stance. Or maybe he was admitting to being a person who gets permits. Lord knows he has gotten enough of them. Or maybe he was intimating that he's the kind of person who doesn't use violence as a first resort.

donnay
08-15-2017, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mLsyP3VcI

Swordsmyth

Also, I'm still not sure what the "alt-left" is aside from a made up phrase to make false equivalencies easier. We know "alt-right" is just rebranded white supremacy/neo-Nazism, but I'm not aware of any leftist attempt at rebranding anti-Nazism. They kind of relish in their opposition to Nazism with a name like Antifa.
So you don't think your fellow AntiFa members were wrong to start the violence?

Antischism
Um, no, you missed the part where he said that only a contingent were Nazis and white nationalists, many where there to protest taking down a historical statue... some where their protesting for free speech and against political violence.. and Antifa was attacking them all.

Antifa attacks anybody on the right, they call them all Nazis. Have a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat? You're a nazi. Support Trump? You're a nazi. Want lower taxes? You're a nazi. Soon it will be, 'White? You're a nazi.'

But go ahead, keep playing into the mainstream media bull$#@!, see where it gets you.

He certainly has trouble denouncing Nazis. He emotionally angry-tweeted about Meryl Streep's Golden Globes speech but had to be forced into denouncing Nazis days later. Makes you think. :cool:

Is that what he was doing? Are you sure he wasn't admitting to being a Robert E. Lee fan? A lot of people are. After all, he stood up against slavery in a time and place where that was an unpopular stance. Or maybe he was admitting to being a person who gets permits. Lord knows he has gotten enough of them. Or maybe he was intimating that he's the kind of person who doesn't use violence as a first resort.

I think you're taking my post too seriously. And no, Trump doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. His past (including recent) is enough to show me his true character.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 03:59 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:01 PM
He certainly has trouble denouncing Nazis. He emotionally angry-tweeted about Meryl Streep's Golden Globes speech but had to be forced into denouncing Nazis days later. Makes you think. :cool:
OR maybe he figured that "many sides" clearly included the NAZIs.
Just change your moniker to AntiFa and get it over with, your cover is blown.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:05 PM
OR maybe he figured that "many sides" clearly included the NAZIs.
Just change your moniker to AntiFa and get it over with, your cover is blown.

"Many sides" didn't commit an act of domestic terrorism by trying to mow down protesters with a vehicle.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:05 PM
I think you're taking my post too seriously. And no, Trump doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. His past (including recent) is enough to show me his true character.

I think the overwhelming majority of your posts are a Stalinist calling Fascists names.

I couldn't take such a thing seriously on a double dog dare.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:06 PM
I think the overwhelming majority of your posts are a Stalinist calling Fascists names.

I couldn't take such a thing seriously on a double dog dare.

That's great. Don't reply to my posts anymore, then. We'd be doing each other a favor.

phill4paul
08-15-2017, 04:07 PM
He gave 'em hell. And I say good on him. They are fake news. The do have an agenda. They do only present one side. Fuck 'em.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:08 PM
"Many sides" didn't commit an act of domestic terrorism by trying to mow down protesters with a vehicle.
No the other side committed domestic terrorism by using violence (potentially deadly force) to try to silence the free speech of those they oppose, they just didn't think of using a car.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:09 PM
That's great. Don't reply to my posts anymore, then. We'd be doing each other a favor.

If I stop laughing at you, you're going to do me a favor?

Like the next Stalinist tinpot dictator, you seem to be implying that doing you a favor is its own reward, because you just failed to offer me a single damned thing in return.

dannno
08-15-2017, 04:09 PM
He certainly has trouble denouncing Nazis.

Let's see, he denounced David Duke back in 2000 without even being asked, he has denounced David Duke multiple times since he started running for President and he has denounced Nazis twice now since the attack even though the modern "neo-Nazis" or whatever haven't actually done anything to hurt anybody..

I mean, these "nazis" at that event look like a bunch of panzies running around with their stupid tiki torches and their stupid nazi salutes, punching like a t-rex, WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THEM?!?!

And YOU are fake news.

Schifference
08-15-2017, 04:10 PM

Correct! As best as I could tell that was one person.

Dr.3D
08-15-2017, 04:11 PM
No the other side committed domestic terrorism by using violence (potentially deadly force) to try to silence the free speech of those they oppose, they just didn't think of using a car.
Yes...

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:12 PM

Are you talking to him in terms of individual people, instead of collectives?

Are you going to also talk to him in French or Russian or Muscogee, or some other languages he's incapable of comprehending?

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:12 PM
If I stop laughing at you, you're going to do me a favor?

Like the next Stalinist tinpot dictator, you seem to be implying that doing you a favor is its own reward, because you just failed to offer me a single damned thing in return.

Laughing is certainly a great defense mechanism.

One person with a poisonous ideology shared by a not-insignificant number of people that needs to be challenged and denounced at every turn. If the POTUS won't do it, anti-fascists will.

timosman
08-15-2017, 04:15 PM
This is a common theme recently on RPF. An asshole popping out of nowhere. How many are there left?:rolleyes:

spudea
08-15-2017, 04:16 PM

so you haven't seen the video of bat wielding anarchists surrounding the vehicle and attacking before the vehicle accelerates forward? Go get all the facts before you speak.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:17 PM
It is also simply irresistible when confronted with foolishness as bizarre as yours.

So can you stand up to the same scrutiny you use against Trump?
Do YOU condemn AntiFa for stating the violence? Yes or No time punk.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:18 PM

Yes, it is, and I shouldn't have mentioned it. I realize Stalinists don't have senses of humor. I really shouldn't have shamed your handicap.

I don't blame you for being triggered.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:19 PM
This is a common theme recently on RPF. An $#@! popping out of nowhere. How many are there left?:rolleyes:
Whack a TR()LL?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.itch.zone%2FaW1hZ2UvMzYzNTUvM TU4MzY5LmdpZg%3D%3D%2Foriginal%2FZeSNDH.gif&f=1

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Soon it will be, 'White? You're a nazi.'

Soon?

timosman
08-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Soon?

Somebody will start a business selling not-a-nazi certificates.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler. The persecution complex is just precious.

Danke
08-15-2017, 04:27 PM
That's great. Don't reply to my posts anymore, then. We'd be doing each other a favor.I though you left already?

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:27 PM

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.movieposter.com%2Fposters%2Far chive%2Fmain%2F160%2FMPW-80341&f=1
Too bad he died, Schultz got a "Good German" letter from him pretty cheap.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fiv1.lisimg.com%2Fimage%2F5368441%2 F600full-hogan%2527s-heroes-photo.jpg&f=1

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler. The persecution complex is just precious.
So you never heard your AntiFa friends say that all whites are racist?

By the way are you going to denounce AntiFa's starting the violence or not?

You haven't even denounced it "on many sides" yet.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:31 PM

Actually, they will officially be 'not a fascist' certificates. And they will only be valid if issued by a multinational corporation under contract to the government, and will lead to Antifa thugs saying, 'Your papers, please.'

Because these people clearly think it takes fascism to stop fascism.

Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler.

You don't seem to empathize with neo-Nazis, but you sure enable fascists. You probably don't see how. But it is what you do.

Ergo, if there's a Nazi enabler in this thread, it's you.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:31 PM
So you never heard your AntiFa friends say that all whites are racist?

By the way are you going to denounce AntiFa's starting the violence or not?

You haven't even denounced it "on many sides" yet.

No, I've never heard anyone I'm close to state that "all whites are racist." I wouldn't be friends with anyone who thought that. And yes, I'm against using violent means to silence anyone. I believe in counter-protesting, not in beating someone up for speaking. To add to that, I'm more closely aligned with those who would challenge fascist fucks than the fascists.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:33 PM
No, I've never heard anyone I'm close to state that "all whites are racist." I wouldn't be friends with anyone who thought that. And yes, I'm against using violent means to silence anyone. I believe in counter-protesting, not in beating someone up for speaking
But do you denounce AntiFa BY NAME? That is what you demanded of Trump about the NAZIs.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:35 PM

It's beginning to look like that was done by a Hillary voter...

phill4paul
08-15-2017, 04:36 PM

No. That's not how it works. I've already been called a neo-Nazi sympathizer on social media for saying that the Unite the Right group had a lawful permit to hold the rally and that the counter-protesters brought violence unto them to keep them from doing so.
So, you're full of bullshit.

Antischism
But do you denounce AntiFa BY NAME? That is what you demanded of Trump about the NAZIs.

Sure, I don't agree with their tactics/methods, but I do agree with the sentiment that neo-Nazis are poison and their ideology should be summarily dismissed.

No. That's not how it works. I've already been called a neo-Nazi sympathizer on social media for saying that the Unite the Right group had a lawful permit to hold the rally and that the counter-protesters brought violence unto them to keep them from doing so.
So, you're full of bull$#@!.

If that's really how it went and there's no history of dodgy posts that would lead someone to that conclusion, I'd say you should probably not have that person on your social media account. Or at least, direct them to ACLU's stance on the matter.

Swordsmyth
No, I've never heard anyone I'm close to state that "all whites are racist." I wouldn't be friends with anyone who thought that. And yes, I'm against using violent means to silence anyone. I believe in counter-protesting, not in beating someone up for speaking. To add to that, I'm more closely aligned with those who would challenge fascist $#@!s than the fascists.
AntiFa just like I said.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Sure, I don't agree with their tactics/methods, but I do agree with the sentiment that neo-Nazis are poison and their ideology should be summarily dismissed.
Sorry, you didn't do it fast enough to suit me.

How do you like being treated the way you treat Trump?

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 04:38 PM

Already addressed this in previous post.

Supporters of Ron Paul, of the LvM Institute, of Rothbard, are de facto Nazis to the people you are allied with on this issue.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:41 PM
AntiFa just like I said.

Why do you disagree with counter-protesting? Is it not protected speech?

Already addressed this in previous post.

Supporters of Ron Paul, of the LvM Institute, of Rothbard, are de facto Nazis to the people you are allied with on this issue.

Their Southern strategy in the 90s certainly did them no favors.

timosman
08-15-2017, 04:42 PM

I am glad you don't think the end justifies the means.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 04:44 PM

I don't, but it combined with your ridiculous posts are evidence of your AntiFa membership.

Dr.3D
08-15-2017, 04:48 PM

Counter-protesting to the extent you are taking away the 1st amendment rights of another person/group is not protected speech. It's violence!

phill4paul
08-15-2017, 04:49 PM

Is using mace, throwing water bottles, swinging wooden and metal batons upon others to impede their progress to a lawful assembly considered 'speech' now? Hmm, that's an angle I haven't heard before.

timosman
08-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Counter-protesting to the extent you are taking away the 1st amendment rights of another person/group is not protected speech. It's violence!

Not in my mind! /s

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:52 PM

And doing it in concert with the authorities and official law enforcement is a clear violation of the Constitution.

Dr.3D
08-15-2017, 04:54 PM
And doing it in concert with the authorities and official law enforcement is a clear violation of the Constitution.
Yes, and I hope the investigation gets to the bottom of this.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Is using mace, throwing water bottles, swinging wooden and metal batons upon others to impede their progress to a lawful assembly considered 'speech' now? Hmm, that's an angle I haven't heard before.

I mean, I just specifically said I don't favor those tactics. You can counter-protest without resorting to physical violence.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 04:58 PM
I mean, I just specifically said I don't favor those tactics. You can counter-protest without resorting to physical violence.

Yet you persist in accusing the side that didn't use the Kristallnacht tactics the Nazis.

Who more closely resembles the remark?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-15-2017, 05:01 PM
This is a common theme recently on RPF. An asshole popping out of nowhere. How many are there left?:rolleyes:

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Nazi+bear+lol_54cf01_3834344.jpg

dannno
08-15-2017, 05:01 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?513990-Charlottesville-Antifa-Steamrolled-By-Car&p=6512083&viewfull=1#post6512083

Krugminator2
08-15-2017, 05:06 PM

While I don't disagree with Amash, are very fine people allied with Antifa? What is wrong with calling out violent Communists? Almost certainly the leftists were the ones who provoked the reaction. They are violent people pounding on cars, blocking traffic and screaming. Trump saying both sides are bad seems like a very good point.

Dr.3D
08-15-2017, 05:08 PM

While I don't disagree with Amash, are very fine people allied with Antifa? What is wrong with calling out violent Communists? Almost certainly the leftists were the ones who provoked the reaction. They are violent people pounding on cars, blocking traffic and screaming. Trump saying both sides are bad seems like a very good point.

Seems Amash doesn't realise some folks just showed up to protest the removal of a statue.

Krugminator2
08-15-2017, 05:10 PM

Communists are just as bad. There is a 100% chance that the Anfita are more violent than the white supremacists at that rally.

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 05:11 PM
Seems Amash doesn't realise some folks just showed up to protest the removal of a statue.

Or to say, 'I don't agree with what these people say, but I'll fight to the death for their right to say it.'

I'm not seeing where the vehicle was initially being attacked with blunt objects which would theoretically have caused him to "panic." Further, he could have put it in reverse if his intention was getting away rather than ramming into a crowd of people beforehand.

Well, not everyone agrees with your point of view.

But you are in good company. The president of the United States does agree with your point of view.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Out of sheer curiosity and going in a tangentially related direction, do we have statistics on extremist-caused deaths in the US? Like, the percentages based on ideology/political affiliation? It's easy to say the side you disagree with is the most violent, but does that hold up in the face of scrutiny?

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Out of sheer curiosity and going in a tangentially related direction, do we have statistics on extremist-caused deaths in the US? Like, the percentages based on ideology/political affiliation? It's easy to say the side you disagree with is the most violent, but does that hold up in the face of scrutiny?

All the U.S. numbers are cooked.

But we know your commie idol Stalin killed twenty million in his gulags, making Chief Nazi Hitler's six million look like chump change. Does that help?

That applies much more directly to these two groups of psychos than any arbitrarily applied 'Left' or 'Right' horse$#!+.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Out of sheer curiosity...

"Sheer curiosity." LOL. Another game player here. I barely heard of you until yesterday.

Consult your friends at the Southern Poverty Law Center. Make sure you include the far left violence of the 1970s.

Schifference
08-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Where some of the people armed? Who brought guns? Where any shots fired? How come?

Krugminator2
08-15-2017, 05:30 PM

The overwhelming majority of people in prison are leftists. http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/cruz-on-violent-criminals-and-democrats/

Only 9% of felons registered Republican when they got out of prison. The estimate is 73% vote Democrat.

And it is easy to see in the news. The political violence is almost entirely from leftists. And to the extent there has been violence from someone on the right it is almost always a leftist showing up to where they are wanted getting in someone's face and provoking the violence. You don't see right wingers going to leftist rallies and picking fights. Yes, there is the odd attack like Timothy McVeigh. But for every Timothy McVeigh there are 10 people like Christopher Dorner. People on the left are inherently violent.

timosman
08-15-2017, 05:39 PM

When did he say that? Are you making shit up?

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Where some of the people armed?

Yes.

Who brought guns?

Entire 'right wing' militias.

Were any shots fired?

Nope.

How come?

Because the gun control advocates only attacked in the gun free zones. They'd have liked to attack everywhere, but they haven't turned the whole U.S. into a gun free zone yet.

The armed areas of the march were the polite areas.

AuH20
08-15-2017, 05:40 PM

Amash is the worst. He may as well get CATO stamped on his forehead.

Antischism
08-15-2017, 05:41 PM
The overwhelming majority of people in prison are leftists. http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/cruz-on-violent-criminals-and-democrats/

Only 9% of felons registered Republican when they got out of prison. The estimate is 73% vote Democrat.

And it is easy to see in the news. The political violence is almost entirely from leftists. And to the extent there has been violence from someone on the right it is almost always a leftist showing up to where they are wanted getting in someone's face and provoking the violence. You don't see right wingers going to leftist rallies and picking fights. Yes, there is the odd attack like Timothy McVeigh. But for every Timothy McVeigh there are 10 people like Christopher Dorner. People on the left are inherently violent.

I'm speaking strictly of murder and extremism since the debate has revolved around neo-Nazis and AntiFa — like how there are statistics for death at the hands of Muslim extremism.

When did he say that? Are you making $#@! up?

He didn't. That was a transcript error that I posted. My apologies.

Schifference
08-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Yes.

Entire 'right wing' militias.

Nope.

Because the gun control advocates only attacked in the gun free zones.

Does the non use of guns that were available show great restraint for the person that carried the guns?

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm speaking strictly of murder and extremism since the debate has revolved around neo-Nazis and AntiFa — like how there are statistics for death at the hands of Muslim extremism.

So, Antifa has been around maybe a year and the neo-Nazis so long John Belushi made fun of them, but you're already curious to see if they passed them?

Does the non use of guns that were available show great restraint for the person that carried the guns?

Well, they weren't in handcuffs...

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 05:48 PM

I researched this a few years back.

From 1900 forward, in the United States, IIRC the vast majority of incidents of politically motivated violence have been done at the hands of leftists/anarchists/communists.

That is excluding Islamic terrorism which is much much greater than both combined. (at least in numbers dead, due to 9/11)

Antischism
08-15-2017, 05:50 PM
So, Antifa has been around maybe a year and the neo-Nazis so long John Belushi made fun of them, but you're already curious to see if they passed them?

Well, they weren't in handcuffs...

Within the past 10-15 years, preferably. AntiFa has been around in the US since the 80s, though. Granted, they went by a slightly different name.

Schifference
08-15-2017, 05:52 PM
If police were present, weren't they fearful for their lives/safety?

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2017, 05:53 PM
for a guy that said he was outta here, and with a name like antishism, you sure been tryna stick around and cause rifts, amigo !

acptulsa
08-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Within the past 10-15 years, preferably. AntiFa has been around in the US since the 80s, though. Granted, they went by a slightly different name.

So we're ignoring Anti-Fed's answer to our question?

If police were present, weren't they fearful for their lives/safety?

I'm sure the one sitting next to the incompetent, hot dog helicopter pilot was.

RJB
08-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Love him or hate him, that man has a set of balls. I pray he has a set of brains as well. With Trump, I have had the feeling he is playing the part of his character from the Apprentice. I am never sure what is an act or what is his character. It will be an interesting next few years.

timosman
08-15-2017, 06:02 PM
He didn't. That was a transcript error that I posted. My apologies.

I hope those are sincere. Please be careful in the future to not misstate facts as some might take you for a troll.:cool:

V-rod
08-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Love him or hate him, that man has a set of balls. I pray he has a set of brains as well. With Trump, I have had the feeling he is playing the part of his character from the Apprentice. I am never sure what is an act or what is his character. It will be an interesting next few years.

The guy has been toying with running for President since the mid 1980's. He picked the perfect time to jump into politics. Not too old, right atmosphere to rile up groups, etc. He's had a core set of beliefs that hasn't, at least publicly, changed much for decades. His skill set was developed over decades, and I want to research some of his 1980-1995 influences he had. From much of the footage out there, his public demeanor seemed changed a lot after the mid 90's.

If he went on a one-sided condemnation, and ignored violence and vandalism of groups like Antifa, the neo-liberal establishment would still hate him, and he would slowly lose support from his base.

Noob
08-16-2017, 03:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoXThCb8EZA

Schifference
08-16-2017, 05:15 AM
I have read someplace that Trump lacks self confidence. This guy goes up against everybody. He is not concerned with being politically correct or what people think or say about him. If he is concerned he does not let that stop him from speaking his mind.

liveandletlive
08-16-2017, 05:20 AM
Either Donald Trump is the dumbest President we've ever had (at the very least the dumbest WHITE MAN in America)

or he is banking on the Alt Right/Nazis to win him 2020, which is very naive and fails in the face of logic.

Todd
08-16-2017, 05:52 AM

No one stupid individual did

Raginfridus
08-16-2017, 06:29 AM
I researched this a few years back.

From 1900 forward, in the United States, IIRC the vast majority of incidents of politically motivated violence have been done at the hands of leftists/anarchists/communists.Makes complete sense ideologically, because anarchists and Marxists tended to agitate revolution. What I'd dispute is how much violence is motivated by Islamic terror, when Islamic terror is arguably a tool of the US.

Schifference
08-16-2017, 07:20 AM
I guess perception is skewed. Truth is False. This means That. Free speech with permit means opposition can show up for violence and be exonerated.

If anyone thinks that the alt-right had a right to assemble and speak their hate and the Anti-fa and BLM were wrong for showing up to protest them, you are sadly in the minority.

Fairness is nowhere to be found.

I think the person driving the car into the crowd should be prosecuted and he should have never driven down that road. If he for whatever reason found himself on that road, he should have backed up or turned around and left. No excuse for continuing into that crowded street. He was no better than the people on the left looking for trouble.

Almost everyone thinks Trump is wrong. I think he told it like it is. If you think that too, we are in the minority. No one ever likes to be told like it is. People like to twist everything. People don't like to accept responsibility.

Black people can demand separate housing at school. Black people can demand...... If you are white you are racist. If you point out an inconsistency or flawed reasoning of liberals you are racist.

It does not matter what Trump says because it will be convoluted into something that someone else wants it to mean.

Ron Paul should be grateful that he never became POTUS. Rand should never run for that office again.

shakey1
08-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Sweet. Trump calls out the left... & McCain too... something you won't see MSM do.

acptulsa
08-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Sweet. Trump calls out the left... & McCain too... something you won't see MSM do.

You act like it's possible to call out the left without calling out McCain.

We're talking about the cosponsor of McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Feingold, and a whole host of other stuff, as well as the Savior of Obamacare...

The only reason the media says he's right is because they think leftists are always right.

Anti Federalist
08-16-2017, 08:03 AM
Makes complete sense ideologically, because anarchists and Marxists tended to agitate revolution. What I'd dispute is how much violence is motivated by Islamic terror, when Islamic terror is arguably a tool of the US.

All I can go by is what label it was assigned at the time of the incident.

Re-phrase it to say: That is excluding Islamic terrorism state sponsored government terrorism which is much much greater than both combined.

But yeah, there was a great deal of leftist terrorism in the 50s 60s and 70s, much of it sponsored by the USSR, that has been forgotten.

shakey1
08-16-2017, 08:52 AM
You act like it's possible to call out the left without calling out McCain.[
QUOTE]

No, not really.

[QUOTE]
We're talking about the cosponsor of McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Feingold, and a whole host of other stuff, as well as the Savior of Obamacare...

The only reason the media says he's right is because they think leftists are always right.

... and yes, agreed... point taken.

Raginfridus
08-16-2017, 10:26 AM
But yeah, there was a great deal of leftist terrorism in the 50s 60s and 70s, much of it sponsored by the USSR, that has been forgotten.That's true. I don't have any concrete examples in mind, but I'm sure Russia to this day sponsor terrorist orgs, ethnic cleansing, and embed their spooks wherever they want. Just like us. Besides the US and Russia, Israel, China, Japan, India, and Saudi Arabia no doubt have deniable ops of similar scale. All the more reason to actually put America First, and let these fools fill our global footprint with their dead.

specsaregood
08-16-2017, 10:33 AM
You act like it's possible to call out the left without calling out McCain.

lets not forget that we're talking about the GOP 2008 presidential nominee as well.

Schifference
08-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Minorities don't need to fear the Klan, they need to fear the man.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-16-2017, 10:38 AM
^ and the sleight of hand ^

Schifference
08-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Every talking head has weighed in on Trump's remarks. How come no word from Judge Napolitano?

goldenequity
08-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Dems losing their shiit.. (moar fun than russia)

CNN’s Don Lemon: Anyone In The White House Supporting Trump Is “Complicit In Their Racism As Well”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6P09lqqB_Q

Dem Rep. Gwen Moore Calls For “Removing” Trump From Office…
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/346722-dem-lawmaker-calls-for-trumps-removal

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/headlines/moore.jpg?itok=UQMIP8nJ

Dr.3D
08-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Every talking head has weighed in on Trump's remarks. How come no word from Judge Napolitano?
Maybe he has enough integrity to not participate that way.

William Tell
08-16-2017, 02:07 PM

“George Washington as a slave owner. So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner,” Trump said.

Trump makes a good point here.

Schifference
08-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Maybe he has enough integrity to not participate that way.

He was on with Shepard Smith yesterday discussing DOJ wanting information from a group that organizes rally's against Trump.

Dr.3D
08-16-2017, 02:12 PM
He was on with Shepard Smith yesterday discussing DOJ wanting information from a group that organizes rally's against Trump.
Yeah, what I mean is, maybe the media is trying to make Trump look bad and the Judge won't go in that direction, so they won't air his opinion on Trump's remarks.

Edit:
And I hope they do investigate those groups and who is funding them.

Schifference
08-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeah, what I mean is, maybe the media is trying to make Trump look bad and the Judge won't go in that direction, so they won't air his opinion on Trump's remarks.

I am guessing that the network has not asked him because they don't want his answer.

William Tell
08-16-2017, 02:13 PM

Sorry, but I disagree with Amash. Our buddy Southron was there and he doesn't hate anybody. He just loves liberty and his local history. Justin is a good guy but he can seem like an annoying liberal sometimes.:(

Dr.3D
08-16-2017, 02:15 PM
I am guessing that the network has not asked him because they don't want his answer.
That or they got his answer and it's going to sit on the cutting room shelf.

Schifference
08-16-2017, 02:18 PM
In this country it should be obvious that the group with a permit had a right to be there. If others showed up and created conflict then it must be scrutinized. I would imagine if BLM had a permitted rally and the KKK showed up and was not violent in any way and just passed out literature and spoke with a megaphone, BLM would start a conflict and the KKK would be blamed.

This gets pretty unreal that BLM can say kill whites and blacks can demand only black this or that. White people have privilege but no rights.

RJB
08-16-2017, 02:22 PM
This is really insane on a Orwell level, and I am not using hyperbole. Just about every talking head out there is flat out lying about what Trump said in that press conference. They aren't just spinning it, twisting the words, or saying that they believe he was lying. The media is reporting that he stated what he clearly didn't state even when Trump clearly repeated himself multiple times. Then it is passed around on the internet as truth, and anyone defending or explaining what Trump said is labeled a Nazi. I don't even like Trump, but I can see this. I've seen this in the past occasionally, but it was mostly limited to only a couple of them at a time and usually crack pots like Racheal Maddow or Glenn Beck. Now it's the MSM in its entirety.

Dr.3D
08-16-2017, 02:33 PM
This is really insane on a Orwell level, and I am not using hyperbole. Just about every talking head out there is flat out lying about what Trump said in that press conference. They aren't just spinning it, twisting the words, or saying that they believe he was lying. The media is reporting that he stated what he clearly didn't state even when Trump clearly repeated himself multiple times. Then it is passed around on the internet as truth, and anyone defending or explaining what Trump said is labeled a Nazi. I don't even like Trump, but I can see this. I've seen this in the past occasionally, but it was mostly limited to only a couple of them at a time and usually crack pots like Racheal Maddow or Glenn Beck. Now it's the MSM in its entirety.
Seems to happen around here a bit too.

Champ
08-16-2017, 02:48 PM

It's been like this since the beginning and even if you were not a fan of Trump, if you watched closely, this was how all of the MSM was treating him from day 1 when he announced his candidacy. And there is no doubt, they have amplified this to a fever pitch because the Russian narrative has all but collapsed, flying back at them like a boomerang with various invesitgations coming up on Comey/Lynch/Rice/Schultz unmasking, tarmac, IT, etc, and they are building a new angle as a result, so here we are. Since they have refused to attack him on a constitutionality basis, which they could, they instead rely on the ace up their sleeve "racism" and the sad part of course, is it's working.

RJB
08-16-2017, 02:57 PM
It's been like this since the beginning and even if you were not a fan of Trump, if you watched closely, this was how all of the MSM was treating him from day 1 when he announced his candidacy. And there is no doubt, they have amplified this to a fever pitch because the Russian narrative has all but collapsed, flying back at them like a boomerang with various invesitgations coming up on Comey/Lynch/Rice/Schultz unmasking, tarmac, IT, etc, and they are building a new angle as a result, so here we are. Since they have refused to attack him on a constitutionality basis, which they could, they instead rely on the ace up their sleeve "racism" and the sad part of course, is it's working.

I've been aware of it to an extent, esp since the 2008 primaries when Ron Paul was so maligned, but I never watch cable news. Yesterday I watched the press conference and then I watched the links on youtube to cable shows discussing the press conference and was shocked at the outright deception. If this is now the norm, unless people wake up fast, we're screwed.

Dr.3D
08-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Now I'm beginning to wonder if both groups that day were funded by the same people.

timosman
08-16-2017, 02:59 PM
the sad part of course, is it's working.

According to the same sources who spread disinfo.

dannno
08-16-2017, 03:08 PM

Welcome to the last two years..

I was anti-Trump while Rand was running, but as soon as Rand was out, as big of an enemy I am of msm it didn't take long realize what was going on.

Schifference
08-16-2017, 03:20 PM
What would a responsible judge say regarding the events that took place?

dannno
08-16-2017, 03:22 PM
What would a responsible judge say regarding the events that took place?

Probably "wrong thread"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?514075-Judge-suspended-after-posts-about-Confederate-monuments

Origanalist
08-16-2017, 10:56 PM

You're kidding right? Antifa commits domestic terrorism everywhere they go.

Origanalist
08-16-2017, 11:03 PM

Then why don't they? And why do you identify with them when they do?

Origanalist
08-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Ok, I'm way late to this whole thing. Too busy working. Everyone knows I'm not a Trump fan but that presser was a joy to watch. I really wish I could have been there to see the apoplectic look on the presses faces. I even heard a cut of Micheal Medved saying "for shame Mr. President". I'm loving it.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2017, 12:14 AM

A self identified leftist/progressive tried to assassinate Rand for fuck's sake.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2017, 12:16 AM
Ok, I'm way late to this whole thing. Too busy working. Everyone knows I'm not a Trump fan but that presser was a joy to watch. I really wish I could have been there to see the apoplectic look on the presses faces. I even heard a cut of Micheal Medved saying "for shame Mr. President". I'm loving it.

Whatever you think of Trump, from "our" perspective, you gotta love his trolling of the clown show.

Fucking priceless...

GunnyFreedom
08-17-2017, 02:19 AM

Outta ammo - EVERYONE here likely knows how I feel about Trump, but the left has gone bat shirt insane over this, and the press conference was NOTHING like what they are pretending at.

Interestingly, the organizer of this alt-reich NAZI party was a radical leftist who voted for Obama. Used to be stuff like that would tickle the conspiracy radars of most folks around here.

Origanalist
08-17-2017, 05:22 AM
Whatever you think of Trump, from "our" perspective, you gotta love his trolling of the clown show.

Fucking priceless...

It is. Like Gunny says, they're going nukkin futs over this. :D

Origanalist
08-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Outta ammo - EVERYONE here likely knows how I feel about Trump, but the left has gone bat shirt insane over this, and the press conference was NOTHING like what they are pretending at.

Interestingly, the organizer of this alt-reich NAZI party was a radical leftist who voted for Obama. Used to be stuff like that would tickle the conspiracy radars of most folks around here.

Maybe a lot of them just take it for granted that agent provocateurs are present at any such goings on. period.

CaptUSA
08-17-2017, 05:27 AM

Exactly.

CaptUSA
08-17-2017, 05:34 AM

I'm pretty late to this whole thing, too, but I think it's more because I'm having trouble relating to the conversation as its being had. It's all about this group or that group and feelingz and sentimentz. When you see the people of the world as individuals and judge them each by their actions, this whole thing becomes so foreign.

I'm certainly one of the most vociferous critics of Trump in here, but if I were in a car surrounded by a bunch of threatening people with bats pounding on my car, I would have gunned it. Trump did the right thing by focusing on the actions of people on all sides. He deserves credit for that.

Noob
08-17-2017, 06:56 AM
Bannon calls far right neo-nazis clowns.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/17/bannon-calls-far-right-clowns-says-enemies-are-wetting-themselves-in-rare-interview.html

shakey1
08-17-2017, 07:12 AM

$#@!ing priceless...

Yeah, not a Trump fan, but that was what needed to be brought to light... he seemed pretty clear on the subject, yet MSM continued to twist the narrative.

Natural Citizen
08-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Not sure if anyone has stayed up to date with regard to protest permits (lol) at certain historic venues but the permitting system has become rather elaborate. It's especially difficult to land a permit to protest near historic monuments and parks. So keep an eye on any future venues where protests are taking place. Take note of the ease in landing permits versus the difficulty for some others to receive them. Monitor who's involved in those protests. Monitor police maneuvering. Monitor dialogue between media and elected representatives after the fact.

I think that the repeated permit commentary in the video is likely the most important bit. Additionally the fact that it was acknowledged that there were some people who were not there to cause violence. Yet the stormtroopers (who were proudly displaying their military swat gear and strategic crowd containment maneuvering ability again tee hee hee hee hee) did herd them all together.

There's more to say about it. I don't really feel like it, though.

Here's what a free speech zone looks like these days...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/First_amendment_zone2.jpg

Also...

During Ferguson....

http://truthuncensored.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/the-obama-administration-just-took-a-huge-step-toward-demilitarizing-us-police-forces.jpg

After Ferguson....

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1961903/original.jpg

Ha. Charlottesville Virginia. Back in business.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3407105.1502596852!/img/httpImage/image._gen/derivatives/article_750/confederate-monuments-protest-44160-jpg.

And, of course, the people will love them for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ZkpIJkvZA

Just talking to myself here. Again. lolol.

Report: Trump to overturn Obama’s ban on military equipment for police (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/27/trump-expected-lift-ban-military-gear-local-police-forces/606065001/)

This policy change would allow police departments around the country to utilize excess military equipment, such as armored vehicles, “high-caliber weapons,” bayonets and grenade launchers.

Natural Citizen
08-28-2017, 10:20 AM
It's all a show, kiddies. It's all a show. Problem.Reaction.Solution. And in that order.

timosman
08-28-2017, 11:29 AM
It's all a show, kiddies. It's all a show. Problem.Reaction.Solution. And in that order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w

lilymc
08-28-2017, 09:12 PM

That's their strategy, and they do it over and over and over and over again. It's disappointing that so many people are still unaware of this.

timosman
08-29-2017, 01:06 AM
That's their strategy, and they do it over and over and over and over again. It's disappointing that so many people are still unaware of this.

What do they teach you in school? How to solve a multiple choice test.:rolleyes: