PDA

View Full Version : Obama's tweets of Mandela's platitudes light up Twitter

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Obama Charlottesville tweet one of the most liked ever

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/14/obama-charlottesville-tweet-likes/567196001/

Former president Barack Obama still knows how to find the right words after a national tragedy.

With more than 2.4 million likes and counting, Obama's tweet Saturday quoting Nelson Mandela in the wake of white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Va., is the third-most liked tweet since Twitter launched.

One woman was killed and 19 people were injured when a man, who had been a part of a white supremacist rally in downtown Charlottesville, rammed his car into a crowd of people.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." Obama's tweet read.

The quote is from former South African president Nelson Mandela's autobiography, Long Walk to Freedom.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.

Obama shared more of the quote in two more tweets, which got 1 million and 900,000 likes respectively.

By contrast, President Trump's first tweet in response to the tragic scene in Charlottesville got 186,000 likes.

Swordsmyth
08-15-2017, 09:57 AM
Twits use twitter.

timosman
08-15-2017, 09:58 AM
"People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..."

:eek: WTF?

timosman
08-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Looking forward DNC teaching me how to love.:rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 10:11 AM
We also honour the great Che Guevara, whose revolutionary exploits, including on our own continent, were too powerful for any prison censors to hide from us. The life of Che is an inspiration to all human beings who cherish freedom. We will always honour his memory. - Nelson Mandela

tod evans
08-15-2017, 10:19 AM

Schultz and Clinton hand out stacks of hundreds to show their love....

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-15-2017, 10:20 AM

they really love getting rid of leakers and investigators