PDA

View Full Version : From Google To Yahoo, Tech Grapples With White Male Discontent

DamianTV
08-15-2017, 08:41 AM
https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/08/14/180221/from-google-to-yahoo-tech-grapples-with-white-male-discontent
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-14/from-google-to-yahoo-tech-grapples-with-white-male-discontent

Reader joshtops shares a Bloomberg report:

Google isn't the only Silicon Valley employer being accused of hostility to white men. Yahoo and Tata Consultancy Services were already fighting discrimination lawsuits brought by white men before Google engineer James Damore ignited a firestorm -- and got himself fired -- with an internal memo criticizing the company's diversity efforts and claiming women are biologically less suited than men to be engineers. The Yahoo case began last year when two men sued, claiming they'd been unfairly fired after managers allegedly manipulated performance evaluations to favor women. They claim Marissa Mayer approved the review process and was involved in their terminations, and last month a judge ordered the former chief executive be deposed. TCS, meanwhile, is fighting three men who claim the Mumbai-based firm discriminates against non-Indians at its U.S. offices.

Reverse racism is ok, but it is not ok for whites to claim to be victims of discrimination? WTF?

Debate!

tod evans
08-15-2017, 09:01 AM
There are a lot of white males in this country....

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Reverse racism is ok, but it is not ok for whites to claim to be victims of discrimination? WTF?

Debate!

Leave and start their own companies.

The cupcakes and diversity hires will unlikely be able to keep the lights on for a year.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2017, 10:22 AM
Leave and start their own companies.

The cupcakes and diversity hires will unlikely be able to keep the lights on for a year.

An amazing amount of dead weight can be carried on the backs of a few productive people.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 10:28 AM
An amazing amount of dead weight can be carried on the backs of a few productive people.

The two most effective weapons a man has in his arsenal today, in environments like this, are indifference and "no".

"Will you fix/create/repair/modify this?"

"No."

"Are you able to?"

"Yes."

"But...but I can't make it work!"

"Sorry to hear that"...walks away.

phill4paul
08-15-2017, 10:35 AM
The two most effective weapons a man has in his arsenal today, in environments like this, are indifference and "no".

"Will you fix/create/repair/modify this?"

"No."

"Are you able to?"

"Yes."

"But...but I can't make it work!"

"Sorry to hear that"...walks away.

Just like the Asheville, NC tow truck driver that refused to tow a Bernie supporters car.

Anti Federalist
08-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Just like the Asheville, NC tow truck driver that refused to tow a Bernie supporters car.

Ayup.

DamianTV
08-15-2017, 07:15 PM
I had one the other day where a guy wanted to know why Im not a Christian and I explained my name is Damian, and I went to a Catholic School the year The Omen came out in theaters. Think about that for a second. And it wasnt just kids, it was ALL of the ADULTS also that truly started to treat me like I actually was the Spawn of Satan. He basically said Im a fucking Heretic, verified yet again that I am beyond redemption and repenting will do me no good as I am the spawn of pure evil, yet still doesnt bother to understand why Ive lost all respect for the church or its followers.

I damn near walked off the job, but the drive to eat is a mighty powerful motivator.

(yeah, I know, not exactly related to the thread...)

specsaregood
08-15-2017, 07:56 PM
I had one the other day where a guy wanted to know why Im not a Christian and I explained my name is Damian, and I went to a Catholic School the year The Omen came out in theaters. Think about that for a second. And it wasnt just kids, it was ALL of the ADULTS also that truly started to treat me like I actually was the Spawn of Satan. He basically said Im a fucking Heretic, verified yet again that I am beyond redemption and repenting will do me no good as I am the spawn of pure evil, yet still doesnt bother to understand why Ive lost all respect for the church or its followers.

I damn near walked off the job, but the drive to eat is a mighty powerful motivator.

(yeah, I know, not exactly related to the thread...)

does the guy sign his emails with "have a blessed day."?

DamianTV
08-16-2017, 12:35 AM
does the guy sign his emails with "have a blessed day."?

He is one of those types that will run around all day long and push Jesus down everyones throats that do not want Jesus. The really funny part was either he was asking me about my sex life, like really weird specific shit, like when was the last time you got a blowjob from a chick while pulling her hair like a slut and calling her names, then 180's that to "lets pray before my lunch"...

Anti Federalist
08-16-2017, 08:13 AM
He is one of those types that will run around all day long and push Jesus down everyones throats that do not want Jesus. The really funny part was either he was asking me about my sex life, like really weird specific shit, like when was the last time you got a blowjob from a chick while pulling her hair like a slut and calling her names, then 180's that to "lets pray before my lunch"...

Avoid that one like the plague.

Especially in today's HR environment.