PDA

View Full Version : Harry Browne predicts Ron Paul...

mrchubbs
12-11-2007, 06:09 AM
In an answer to a caller (asking about 9/11 truth) to his Radio show on December 11th, 2004 (3 years ago today) he gives his logical answer on 9/11 truth and suggests there may be a candidate in 2008 or 2012 who will push a non-interventionist foreign policy. He views that as the real issue.

The audio of the caller question and his response is also linked in the article.

http://www.libertymaven.com/2007/12/11/harry-browne-on-911-truth-and-predicting-ron-paul/

Enjoy.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-11-2007, 09:22 AM
He is absolutely right.

The 9/11 truthers are ignoring the greater issue at hand, which is our foreign policy. Uncovering a 9/11 plot will not change our foreign policy. All their attention is focused on the wrong issue.

Every truther needs to listen to this. Even if they are right, it doesnt matter. They are wasting time.

mrchubbs
12-12-2007, 01:59 AM
He is absolutely right.

The 9/11 truthers are ignoring the greater issue at hand, which is our foreign policy. Uncovering a 9/11 plot will not change our foreign policy. All their attention is focused on the wrong issue.

Every truther needs to listen to this. Even if they are right, it doesnt matter. They are wasting time.

Totally agree. The one time I thought Harry Browne was wrong was when he denounced us going into Iraq.

I even emailed him about it at the time. He replied and argued his points. Amongst his arguments was the assertion... "You'll see in a few years that I'm right and you'll change your mind, because you are almost there already" (paraphrased)

And right he was.

Richandler
12-12-2007, 03:24 AM
Totally agree. The one time I thought Harry Browne was wrong was when he denounced us going into Iraq.

I even emailed him about it at the time. He replied and argued his points. Amongst his arguments was the assertion... "You'll see in a few years that I'm right and you'll change your mind, because you are almost there already" (paraphrased)

And right he was.

He was right. I think next time people should realize invading a country that did nothing to us is a really bad idea.

mrchubbs
12-12-2007, 05:08 AM
He was right. I think next time people should realize invading a country that did nothing to us is a really bad idea.

Yup... I used the classic neo-con argument that we opened the can of worms already and we can't change it now or else we'll be attacked here, so we must fight terrorism there. For some illogical reason I ignored the fact that Iraq did not equate to terrorism. I was brainwashed and blinded by the want of revenge... and I had been voting Libertarian since 1996. Not one of my prouder moments.

Although I was very excited to get an email reply from Harry Browne himself.

Enjoy.

user
12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately a lot of ex-libertarians are still pro-war, and still calling themselves libertarians. :(

RevolutionSD
12-12-2007, 08:24 PM

And right he was.

Interesting I had a similar experience with Harry Browne. I was a huge fan until right after 9/11 he said it was blowback and I was all caught up in the nonsensical patriotism and got mad at him and sent him an email. He did respond but I wasn't satisfied. Eventually a couple of years later I realized he was 100% correct.

Man I wish he were still alive.

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately a lot of ex-libertarians are still pro-war, and still calling themselves libertarians. :(

Like who?

user
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Like who?
http://www.harrybrowne.org/articles/LibertariansAndWar.htm

Larry Elder is one example, but there are many more. I think Walter Williams is another one. A shocking number of libertarians went crazy after 9/11 and joined the neocons on foreign policy. Since then, real libertarians have been reminding people that if you support the Iraq war, you are not a libertarian. Fortunately, Ron Paul's success has made the truth clear.

InRonWeTrust
12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
The 911 Untruthers are simply kooks.

tnvoter
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
He is absolutely right.

Well said.

murrayrothbard
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
That second clip was absolutely brilliant!! I really wish all the FED conspiracy buffs could understand Harry's crucial point. It doesn't matter one bit if the devil himself gathered up a crew of international bankers and worked out some master plan to create the FED. Sure, that adds a lot more spice and intrigue but is wholly irrelevant. The problem is that we have the FED, not how it got started, or that it's a "private corporation", or whatever! If the sensational aspects happen to be true they are simply icing on the cake. As RP would say: "IT'S THE POLICY!"

Paul4Prez
12-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Here's a Harry Browne classic, on what he would have done on his first day in office:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=13247

And here's a taste of what Ron Paul would be able to do:

No president in the past several decades has had the will, the determination, the courage to "just say no" to Congress.

No president in the past several decades has even tried to reduce the size of government. Any president who wanted to do so could have managed it -- even in the face of a hostile Congress.

No president since the 1950s has proposed a single budget that would reduce the size of the federal government. And when Congress has come back with even larger budgets, no president has vetoed them.

Every president who claimed to be against big government has had that veto at his disposal, but none thought enough of your freedom to use it.

As president, I would -- for the first time -- use that office on your behalf. I would say no to Congress. Whatever new program it wanted to spend money on, I would veto. Whatever new tax it wanted to impose, I would veto. Whatever new intrusion it wanted to make in your life, I would veto.

No deals. No excuses. No apologies. No regrets.

RonPaulFTFW
12-13-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm very suspicious of gov. motivations, but I've never believed we caused 9-11.

It would be impossible to cover up if we did, and when the public found out we murdered 3000 of our own for political reasons......... Bush would be destroyed.

Not to mention all the physical evidence that doesn't make sense.

I think 911 truthers are just sad. They spend so much of their time on something that makes no sense when they could put their energy into protesting the war, or the world bank, or fighting for Ron Paul.

Tragic waste of energy.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm very suspicious of gov. motivations, but I've never believed we caused 9-11.

It would be impossible to cover up if we did, and when the public found out we murdered 3000 of our own for political reasons......... Bush would be destroyed.

I think 911 truthers are just sad. They spend so much of their time on something that makes no sense when they could put their energy into protesting the war, or the world bank, or fighting for Ron Paul.

Tragic waste of energy.

I agree. Uncovering a plot would end George Bush, but would not accomplish much else. Someone else would come in with the same foreign policy. Nothing would change. I wish the would focus all that energy on US foreign policy as a whole. It would be much more beneficial.

Tim724
12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Interesting I had a similar experience with Harry Browne...

...Man I wish he were still alive.

Amen. Imagine him running with Dr Paul as vice president.

Kombaiyashii
12-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Tragic waste of energy.

9/11 Truthers were amongst those urging Ron Paul to run for president. I was one of them.

While backing Ron Paul from the very start, we helped give Ron Paul great starting momentum.

9/11 truthers are much smarter than you give them credit for. Most of us try to find the vulnerable spots to the system and expose. Sometimes it is the 9/11 coverup, sometimes it is global warming or globalisation. Right now it is the Ron Paul campaign that is absolutely shaking the mainstream media easier than anything before.

We are like water.

I think your painting the 9/11 truthers a very funny colour. Yes there are absolute crazy freaks in our ranks but there are some absolutely crazy freaks in the Ron Paul revolution. Focussing on a few of them is a great disservice. You think we are all wasting our energy? You don't know how many of us are amongst you because most of us know when to get in line for a stronger platform and when to break free when it goes back to the hardgraft days of real debate.

Mr. Coolidge
12-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Here's a Harry Browne classic, on what he would have done on his first day in office:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=13247

And here's a taste of what Ron Paul would be able to do:
Thanks for that! I haven't read much of Browne's work, but that was a great article. Definitely would have voted for him if I weren't only 13 years old in the 2000 election.