PDA

View Full Version : How would this work; a biz donating % of sales to campaign?

shane2
12-11-2007, 05:25 AM
I have an on-line business and would be willing to donate a generous % of sales $'s to RP campaign from those customers wishing to participate.

How would that have to work to be legal?

Would I need to instead designate some particular grassroots project to donate to, like the blimp, instead of RP official campaign because my personal limit was already hit?

Is any agency going to later require we provide a list of customers, along with how much each had donated, because of their individual purchase? (We never release our customer info to anybody.)

How are other businesses handling this?

Is there a list of them someplace?

- Shane

BirdsAreWild
12-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Shane,

I don't know why you could not give money to someone to buy signs with. I know that there are a lot of people who need signs but don't have the funds to buy them. I am one of those. I have people asking me for signs all the time but can only buy a few each week whenever I can find them. I wrote to headquarters and they said that signs could be bought from any sign company and did not have to come from the official campaign site. When you buy signs from someplace other than HQ it does not count for your maximum. This might be one way to help get his name out more.

Robyn Hamlin

shane2
12-15-2007, 11:20 AM
What I finally did was initiate a two-for-one sale AND ALSO a separate no-purchase-required raffle for some free products, for anybody that contributes a minimum of $25 to the Tea Party tomorrow.

It's gotten some interest for RP and also some new commitments to donate tomorrow.

- Shane