PDA

View Full Version : Muh Freon! Federal Court Strikes Down EPA Rule Key To Obama’s Climate Agenda

goldenequity
08-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Is Freon back???

Federal Court Strikes Down EPA Rule Key To Obama’s Climate Agenda (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/federal-court-strikes-down-epa-rule-key-to-obamas-climate-agenda/article/2630923)

A federal court struck down a key piece of the Obama administration’s climate agenda on Tuesday
by saying the Environmental Protection Agency does not have the authority
to ban the use of certain chemicals used in air conditioners blamed for exacerbating global warming.

The EPA enacted the rule in question in 2015, responding to research showing hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, contribute to climate change.

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals’ 2-1 decision said EPA does not have the authority
to enact a 2015 rule-making ending the use of hydrofluorocarbons
commonly found in spray cans, automobile air conditioners and refrigerators.

The three-judge panel said that because HFCs are not ozone-depleting substances,
the EPA could not use a section of the Clean Air Act targeting those chemicals to ban HFCs.

nikcers
08-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Is Freon back???.
I just can't believe its true, first Oreo O's cereal and now Freon. This is a year with a lot of ups and downs. Seriously though I hope I can get some for my car because the newer stuff just doesn't get as cold when its 115 outside.