PDA

View Full Version : Virginia School: AP And Honors Classes Will Be Decided By Skin Color, Not Intelligence

goldenequity
08-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Virginia School: AP And Honors Classes Will Be Decided By Skin Color, Not Intelligence (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/08/school-ap-and-honors-classes-will-be-decided-by-skin-color-not-intelligence.html)

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/VA-AP-Courses-300x222.jpg

A Virginia high sent a disturbing letter to parents and students announcing they would be selecting students for Advanced Placement and honors classes at least partly based on skin color, a concerned parent told Fox News.

“Through our collective work, advanced classes such as AP and Honors will have proportional representation,” read the letter. “Proportional representation is 40% White, 35% Hispanic, 12% African American, 10% mixed race.”

Dr.3D
08-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Sounds racist.

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2017, 09:46 PM
What does AP and Honors mean? This sounds more like a diversity team for the smartest kids from each race. Not sure that would qualify as AP/Honors though.

TheTexan
08-08-2017, 09:50 PM
What does AP and Honors mean? This sounds more like a diversity team for the smartest kids from each race. Not sure that would qualify as AP/Honors though.

With the smartest kids from each race, each diversity team could then compete against each other, to determine the Master Race. Fun!

May the best race win!

Origanalist
08-08-2017, 11:23 PM
With the smartest kids from each race, each diversity team could then compete against each other, to determine the Master Race. Fun!

May the best race win!

You win the internets, shut it down.

fedupinmo
08-09-2017, 06:56 AM

May the best race win!

They would have to change the percentages, since YT has a numbers advantage out of the gate.

This part wasn't a surprise though...

Through our collective work

Also, they are discriminating against the "mixed-race", not to mention not asking them what they identify as. :eek:

tod evans
08-09-2017, 07:45 AM
They would have to change the percentages, since YT has a numbers advantage out of the gate.

This part wasn't a surprise though...

Also, they are discriminating against the "mixed-race", not to mention not asking them what they identify as. :eek:

YT ?

Keith and stuff
08-09-2017, 07:55 AM

Honors meant several hours of extra homework each week and more difficult tests. AP meant taking college classes that only students that did extremely well in (the tests) got credit for taking. If a large percentage of the student body is interested in these classes, that is a good thing. The lottery to take them should be blind though, like in charter schools with incoming students.

fedupinmo
08-09-2017, 08:19 AM
YT ?

Sound it out... it mocks the racial epithet used against white folk... :D

tod evans
08-09-2017, 08:26 AM

I feel like a dumb-ass..

I try and think like the kids who want to use acronyms for every-damn-thing and this'n was throwing me...

shakey1
08-09-2017, 08:46 AM

Well, it's certainly easier to spell.;)

asurfaholic
08-09-2017, 10:19 AM
I feel like a dumb-ass..

I try and think like the kids who want to use acronyms for every-damn-thing and this'n was throwing me...

Don't feel like a dumbass it's still completely lost on me

tod evans
08-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Don't feel like a dumbass it's still completely lost on me

YT- Why-Tee- Whitey

specsaregood
08-09-2017, 10:34 AM
FWIW: the update to the story has the school denying the claims in the title/article.

With that said, I'll be telling my kid to always mark down that he is native American, black or whatever he wants on any such documents.

Origanalist
08-09-2017, 10:37 AM
FWIW: the update to the story has the school denying the claims in the title/article.

With that said, I'll be telling my kid to always mark down that he is native American, black or whatever he wants on any such documents.

Put down Ron Paul American.

specsaregood
08-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Put down Ron Paul American.

Well maybe if that was an option. But my dna test showed that I had exactly 1 west African gene and DW's test showed a small percentage of injun dna. So come at us race baiters, our kid is mixed race too! His future scholarship opportunities are bright indeed.

Dr.3D
08-09-2017, 10:53 AM
As I was growing up, I was told, we were working toward the day when people would be judged not by their race, but by the content of their character.

What happened to change what we were working toward?

Ever since Obama was president, it seems all that has been abandoned.

tod evans
08-09-2017, 10:59 AM
As I was growing up, I was told, we were working toward the day when people would be judged not by their race, but by the content of their character.

Equality is too much work.

Origanalist
08-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Well maybe if that was an option. But my dna test showed that I had exactly 1 west African gene and DW's test showed a small percentage of injun dna. So come at us race baiters, our kid is mixed race too! His future scholarship opportunities are bright indeed.

It appears I have some Asian blood in me, no idea where itt came from. No affirmative action for me.

asurfaholic
08-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Lol thanks tod. I would have never figured that out

asurfaholic
08-09-2017, 11:30 AM

Certain people fail in the character department so they resort to what they know best- tantrums and taking what doesn't belong to them.

specsaregood
08-09-2017, 11:32 AM
It appears I have some Asian blood in me, no idea where itt came from. No affirmative action for me.

actually it sounds like you are "mixed race" then, congratulations!