PDA

View Full Version : Bad television ads

ssforronpaul
12-11-2007, 04:39 AM
I want Dr. Paul to win, so I don’t have to continue voting for the lesser of two evils.

Anyone and everyone planning on attending rallies in Iowa or Nevada (or has direct contact with the campaign) needs to tell Dr. Paul or someone high up in the campaign to fire the ad agency and hire a quality ad agency. Don't need to scream it, but slip it in when getting an autograph or talking to them after the rally. I feel sick each time I watch the campaigns tv ads and almost miss the message. I know others I show them to also think they are horrible. I know the message should be more important, but many potential voters will be turned off by the quality. These ads fit with the message the MSM is pushing that we are unelectable.

Sorry, but the campaign’s television ads are atrocious. My state house representative makes better quality. The message is pretty good for thirty seconds, but the presentation is so bad. If I didn’t know better and just saw the tv ads I would think that this campaign is strapped for cash and thus unelectable. Can’t the campaign see the quality difference between our ads and the other candidates? I dislike Huckabee as a candidate, but love his newer ads and he has far less money. If they refuse to improve the quality of the television ads, then they should stop wasting the money on television commercials. When I view other candidates' ads and then Dr. Paul’s, I feel as though Dr. Paul is a long shot candidate. I have sent e-mails to the campaign without a response. I don’t want to cost us votes just because we refuse to show a quality package around a great message. And these ads will not help undecided voters think we have a chance.

Sorry for being negative, but I am just frustrated, as it appears there is a lack of care in the campaign’s approach to the television ads.

ss

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Well, you have now just aired your dirty laundry for the entire world to see. Including reporters. :rolleyes:

stefans
12-11-2007, 04:58 AM
what are you talking about? the new health care ad is good.

it may not appeal to you because you know everything about ron paul, but people need to know that he's a doctor.

Oliver
12-11-2007, 05:11 AM
I have to agree with the op - the Ad's could be
much more professional and compelling. Some
of the Grassroots-Videos on YouTube are much
better.

The problem I see is that the Ads I saw don't
really differ from any other "standard-ad for
president".

Maybe there should be more contests instead
throwing money into those rather boring agencies
solutions?

ssforronpaul
12-11-2007, 05:14 AM
The message and including that Dr. Paul is a doctor is fine. It is just the shoddy quality of the ads.

I would not have had to air this if the campaign would have fixed their ads earlier or responded to e-mails that said they have even read the e-mails. I just want to get the message across that if we want to be considered top tier, we have to show ourselves better in the campaign ads.

I have recently converted 4 (2 family members and 2 friends) and have shown them youtube ads, which they think are great. They have also seen the campaigns ads and they ask why they are of such poor quality since I have told them he is doing very well in fundraising. Also, on dailypaul forums there are many complaining, also having e-mailed the campaign without a response.

ss

Oliver
12-11-2007, 05:28 AM
The message and including that Dr. Paul is a doctor is fine. It is just the shoddy quality of the ads.

I would not have had to air this if the campaign would have fixed their ads earlier or responded to e-mails that said they have even read the e-mails. I just want to get the message across that if we want to be considered top tier, we have to show ourselves better in the campaign ads.

I have recently converted 4 (2 family members and 2 friends) and have shown them youtube ads, which they think are great. They have also seen the campaigns ads and they ask why they are of such poor quality since I have told them he is doing very well in fundraising. Also, on dailypaul forums there are many complaining, also having e-mailed the campaign without a response.

ss

I have no Idea what's going on behind the scenes
at the official campaign. I had to literally spam
them to get a response to take action regarding
the Ron Paul Wikipedia Photo. But once I got in
contact with the e-commerce manager, she was
pretty helpful.

There should be at least one person from the
official campaign that is in charge to negotiate
between Grassroots and campaign IMHO. After
all - we have the same goals. :)

newmedia4ron
12-11-2007, 05:32 AM
The new one is awesome. I was pleasantly surprised with it. Way better than Romney's.

If you you're so mad then make you own (or download from youtube), burn it to DVDs, then hand them out.

Bitching doesn't help.

jordie
12-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Do they make them theirselves or do they have a company make them for them? If its the former, they need to use a proper business, if its the latter, they need a new company.... Or just get the help of some the people who have made you tube videos, some of the them are pretty damn awesome.

Constructive criticism can only be good. The campaign needs to step up its game here... ssforronpaul has a point.

P.S. I wouldn't call this "bitching".

synthetic
12-11-2007, 06:15 AM
I like the new healthcare ad. Its got a clear message and Ron looks very genuine and trustworthy - this will go over well with Seniors in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Libertarian
12-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Someone just needs to get in touch with the RP people and pass along some of the grassroots ads that have already been created. There will be zero cost to the campaign to use ads already posted here, and I think they would jump at the opportunity. It's just a matter of putting them in the right hands.

jb4ronpaul
12-11-2007, 06:24 AM
these are good, help get them on the air by donating

www.operationnh.com

1town
12-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Well, I don't think anything beats "He's catching on, I'm tellin Ya", but I agree that the latest ads are not that good either.

I think the ones made for operationNH withthe white background are great, tho.

noztnac
12-11-2007, 06:26 AM
The ads suck but Dr. Paul is great.

Better that way than the way the other campaigns have it.

coffeewithchess
12-11-2007, 06:32 AM
The commercials have a "weird" feel to them, not professional...the newest ones remind me of the "I'm BILLY MAYS trying to sell you OxiCLEAN!" infomercials.

bobbysheldon
12-11-2007, 06:47 AM
The new one is awesome. I was pleasantly surprised with it. Way better than Romney's.

If you you're so mad then make you own (or download from youtube), burn it to DVDs, then hand them out.

Bitching doesn't help.

Bitching doesn't help...but voicing your opinion for change and encouraging improvement sometimes does.

mopar.bo
12-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Bitching doesn't help...but voicing your opinion for change and encouraging improvement sometimes does.

Ah, you beat me to it.

constituent
12-11-2007, 06:57 AM
i have the five greatest commercial scripts ever written.

need only the bread to help produce. if you are serious about
making powerful commercials, contact me and we'll exchange e-mails.