PDA

View Full Version : Hey copsuckers, read this.

tod evans
08-07-2017, 11:44 AM
From Drudge;

Feds Increase Partnerships With Local Law Enforcement To Arrest Illegals

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/07/feds-increase-partnerships-with-local-law-enforcement-to-arrest-illegals/

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has successfully expanded a program that allows state and local law enforcement to enforce immigration law, The Daily Caller has learned.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
The 287(g) program, which allows local law enforcement to assist in the arrest and removal of illegal immigrants, has increased from 32 participating agencies in 16 states to 60 participating agencies in 18 states during President Trump’s time in office.

President Trump signed an executive order shortly after getting into office that directed the expansion of the 287(g) program. Former Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly called the program a “highly successful force multiplier” in a February memo and noted that between January 2006 and September 2015 the program identified 402,000 illegal immigrants.

The program was largely gutted by the Obama administration, but is now being put to use again under Trump. These new partnerships have been concentrated in Texas with 18 departments there joining the program in 2017. In July, five agencies in Texas signed 287(g) agreements. An ICE official has told TheDC that this growth will continue, albeit slowly as there are bureaucratic barriers slowing down the signing of agreements.

The expansion of this program is yet another sign that the Trump administration is serious about cracking down on illegal immigration, a key component of the president’s campaign for office. Trump has ordered the construction of a border wall and put all illegal immigrants, except those benefiting from Obama’s amnesty, up for deportation. The Justice Department also moved in the past week to restrict sanctuary cities from receiving certain grants.

Ender
08-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Deporting people like this guy:

WEST VALLEY CITY — A West Valley father of four who's been in Utah for 15 years and has an up-to-date work authorization card was deported Tuesday without warning.

Tuesday night, agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement put Aufanua Manusina on a plane and sent him back to his native country of Samoa.

“Right now, I’m struggling,” Saueleele Manusina said, getting emotional. “I’m a single mom now. I don’t know what to do because I don't have family here and only him."

An emotional mother of four is trying to wrap her head around why her husband was suddenly sent back to Samoa. She said the office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement called him June 20 while he was at his construction job to come in and update some records. Little did she know that her husband was going to be deported.

“The officer came back out and told us that we have to go home, my husband’s not coming home with us, they're going to detain him,” she said.

At that time, she wasn't told why he was being detained. He remained in ICE custody until he was deported Tuesday.

Aria Nejad, the family's attorney, said Manusina was legally allowed to work in the U.S., and since his mother is a U.S. citizen, he was working toward the same status.

“He already had an employee authorization card to work here. He was a taxpayer,” Nejad said.

But it was a decade old petty crime, a fight, that prompted his removal.

“Eleven years ago, he has a misdemeanor, and he’s never had another issue since with law enforcement,” Nejad said. “But with the current administration, even prior crimes, they can reopen those old cases."

So without warning, the father of four was torn from his family. His wife is struggling to understand it all and said he was their sole provider.

“This morning, my kids woke up and they just came into my room and asked me if they could talk to their dad, if they can see him,” she said. “I don’t even know how to explain it.”

It’s a new normal Nejad said.

“The arrests and removal proceedings for noncriminals has doubled in the last six months,” he said.

And normal families like this one are caught in the middle of.

“This is a person that is active in the community here, an active churchgoer, and now he’s gone unfortunately,” the attorney said.

“It’s just not fair,” Saueleele Manusina said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865686084/Utah-father-of-4-deported-for-11-year-old-misdemeanor.html

I feel so much safer, now. :rolleyes:

timosman
08-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Deporting people like this guy:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865686084/Utah-father-of-4-deported-for-11-year-old-misdemeanor.html

I feel so much safer, now. :rolleyes:

Something is fishy here. Why didn't he have a green card?