PDA

View Full Version : Myspace republican forum

Thatguyuknow
07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
There's A LOT of hostility to Ron Paul in the myspace republican forum... people should start ONE thread (they complain of spam) and quietly argue y'alls case.. there's 60,000 members to that group -- and most of them are hostile because they think
1.) Ron Paul says we deserved 9/11
2.) They think Ron Paul is a racist
3.) they're not aware he was a vet
4.) they think we're apart of infowars - and conspiracy theorists.
5.) they think he's a coward who won't defend America.

Please argue these 5 points with delicacy - prepare for enormous amounts of slander -- I mean A LOT... but it's worth it.

quickmike
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I wouldnt waste my time with those people. You cant make someone change that doesnt want to hear it. Only thing you can do is let them come around by themselves. The more you argue with them, the more they will push in the opposite direction. Trust me it wont do a bit of good. Best you can do is let time tell the truth. Many will come around in their own time.

beermotor
07-01-2007, 03:21 PM
There's 60k people who are going to be mighty surprised in the coming months, and I guarantee you they will be singing a new tune.

Either that, or they'll be voting for Hillary.

Thatguyuknow
07-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I wouldnt waste my time with those people. You cant make someone change that doesnt want to hear it. Only thing you can do is let them come around by themselves. The more you argue with them, the more they will push in the opposite direction. Trust me it wont do a bit of good. Best you can do is let time tell the truth. Many will come around in their own time.

Maybe not, it's just really discouraging to see people so --- .... I can't even say it. I doubt they'll ever see the lies and misconceptions. I tried arguing with them, and all I was met with is blind ideological hatred.

I felt like I was arguing against nazi's... or north korean communists.

buffalokid777
07-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I felt like I was arguing against nazi's...

You probably were..... They just don't call themselves that anymore.....

quickmike
07-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Maybe not, it's just really discouraging to see people so --- .... I can't even say it. I doubt they'll ever see the lies and misconceptions. I tried arguing with them, and all I was met with is blind ideological hatred.

I felt like I was arguing against nazi's... or north korean communists.

I hear what youre saying, but let me tell you about what happened to me.

Ive always been a republican, since i was a kid. I liked Reagan, I listened to Rush Limbaugh, voted for George W Bush the first time around. There were people who tried to talk to me about Libertarianism, good friends of mine as a matter of fact. I wouldnt listen because I felt like they were pushing me, and naturaly I pushed back. Then by chance, I found a video of Harry Browne (R.I.P.) It was very interesting hearing his point of view on politics. He made me wake up to things ive never thought of before, not because he shoved it down my throat, but because of the way he presented it. My libertarian friends didnt do such a good job at presenting it. Thats why it didnt work. Same thing with Ron Paul......... let him do the talking and people will come around. We have to admit that none of us here have the experience in speaking of liberty that RP does. Hes had 7 decades of practice forming his thoughts and it shows.

let him do the talking and people will listen better than they will if you or I try it.

jd603
07-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Myspace.com owned by newscorp (foxnews etc) now right? Or am I wrong?

edit: Yup, it is! :)

Galactic Lord Xenu
07-01-2007, 04:31 PM
That is one of the scariest, most nationalistic groups on the internet I have ever seen.

If this is America... we're screwed.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM

Maybe not, but there are all kinds of people that read the posts, who don't post themselves. Maybe we would plant a few seeds if we were able to nicely argue the points. It certainly doesn't seem like it could hurt anything and has the potential to do a great deal of good.

We need to bring over some Republicans, so we can win the primary. :)

angrydragon
07-01-2007, 04:51 PM
What's the link?

surf
07-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Ron's a couple 100 behind McCain for the most R "friends" on myspace and well ahead of the others - i believe. there should be plenty of "friends" to defend him. Scribbler?

Hamburglar
07-01-2007, 05:23 PM
There are literally hundreds of millions of people in the United States who have never heard of Ron Paul. We need to focus on them, not 60,000 likely hardcore neo-cons.

Swmorgan77
07-01-2007, 05:25 PM
There's A LOT of hostility to Ron Paul in the myspace republican forum... people should start ONE thread (they complain of spam) and quietly argue y'alls case.. there's 60,000 members to that group -- and most of them are hostile because they think
1.) Ron Paul says we deserved 9/11
2.) They think Ron Paul is a racist
3.) they're not aware he was a vet
4.) they think we're apart of infowars - and conspiracy theorists.
5.) they think he's a coward who won't defend America.

Please argue these 5 points with delicacy - prepare for enormous amounts of slander -- I mean A LOT... but it's worth it.

Yeah I got banned with no explanation just after posting a thread about him.

Swmorgan77
07-01-2007, 05:26 PM
There are literally hundreds of millions of people in the United States who have never heard of Ron Paul. We need to focus on them, not 60,000 likely hardcore neo-cons.

Well it depends. In states like mine (UT) which have closed primaries, we need to get registered Republicans to vote for Ron Paul. This means either those who are already registered Republicans, or those who are willing to become registered Republicans in order to vote for him. My experience is this is a smaller group than the public at large.

Thatguyuknow
07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
You know what? I hear y'all. It would actually hurt us more to try and argue our case to them... they can't even get along with each other.

Seriously, if you look at some threads, even when they would normally agree on something in principle -- they still find ways to bitch at each other... it's insane.

I think I'd rather be in North Korea than talking with those people .. :rolleyes:

quickmike
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
That is one of the scariest, most nationalistic groups on the internet I have ever seen.

If this is America... we're screwed.

This is about 25 - 30 % of the population. Margin of error 5%;)

quickmike
07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
You know what? I hear y'all. It would actually hurt us more to try and argue our case to them... they can't even get along with each other.

Seriously, if you look at some threads, even when they would normally agree on something in principle -- they still find ways to bitch at each other... it's insane.

I think I'd rather be in North Korea than talking with those people .. :rolleyes:

They argue with each other because they are struggling with their own belief system. I was like them at one time. I know whats going on in their heads.......... they will come around eventually, some of them anyway.

singapore_sling
07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Don't bother, im guessing 95% of these idiots listen to the one and only king of dumbasses. You folks know who im talking about, Sean Hannity.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
What is the link to this Republican Forum?

----------

BTW, if you want another place where Republicans swarm, it is here:
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/

Thatguyuknow
07-01-2007, 08:00 PM
What is the link to this Republican Forum?

Here's the link: though I advise we don't post anything in there.
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=100000917&categoryID=0&Mytoken=27C2A82E-08C8-419D-BFC535B6F2B4A06D80314729